PDA

View Full Version : most important game of the season

lilvikes33
04-15-2005, 12:15 AM
I feel that the most important game of the season is week 10 against the Giants. If you look at the past years u will see that we played the Giants for 7 staight years and recently they seem to have the Vikings number. They also tend to start our losing trends. Look at last season, i believe we started our losing half of the season after playing the giants...im having trobule looking that up but im pretty sure it was lik that the past too season, our late season collapses were after losing to the giants. I feel beating the giants will be getting over a hump and will help our confidence and get us into the playoffs.

cc21
04-15-2005, 12:19 AM
i agree with u, the giants is usually were we start to fall apart.

fred3105
04-15-2005, 12:46 AM
Most important game is the away game at Detriot I think. The packers and bears suck so they dont matter. But the lions might be decent so beating them is pretty important in my opinion.

DaunteHOF
04-15-2005, 12:48 AM
Yeah, plus they always stink and we STILL lose to them...

vikinggreg
04-15-2005, 12:50 AM
If Tice can't get the team fired up for the Giants this year he should be taken out behind the barn like ol yeller, and given a few ounces of lead

SharperImage42
04-15-2005, 01:02 AM
nope last game. thats always the most important we always play cheap teams now we face the bears.. cmon fellas dont forget the monday night game with green bay.. ya giants is gonna be heard
BUT NOW WE GOT A DEFENSE!

Lotza
04-15-2005, 01:22 AM
we gotta beat the giants. for some reason they own us

wisc vike
04-15-2005, 02:23 AM
Would have to agree...Giants game is most important just when you take a quick glance at the schedule. If we lose that one, I don't know what I'll do. (or what other Viking fans for that matter)

vikings minnesoulija
04-15-2005, 02:43 AM
The most important game is the Ravens game on christmas,It will be the preview of the superbowl so if we beat them the we will have tha mental edge:)

ultravikingfan
04-15-2005, 02:47 AM
Thats a tough one. All of them are important and have different meaning. Giants, Packers, and then winning the last game to go into the playoffs on a positive note.

muchluv4smoot
04-15-2005, 02:51 AM
Come on guys, your all way off. Feb 5, 2006 is by far the most important vikes game of next season. IT'S THE SUPER BOWL FOR PETE SAKE. :grin: If we lose to the giants, I could care less, as long as we win the super bowl, when we get there. :grin:

mark
04-15-2005, 03:26 AM
I say week 1. We need to make our presence felt with athority.Big plays on O and shut them down on D

IdahoViking
04-15-2005, 03:30 AM
We must get that Giant Monkey of our back. If Eli Manning beats us .

Suicide watch for me.

ItalianStallion
04-15-2005, 03:31 AM
The last game of the season has to be a win, I'm tired of eiter missing a chance at playoffs or backing into the playoffs, lets go in on a positive note for a change.

mark
04-15-2005, 03:39 AM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

The last game of the season has to be a win, I'm tired of eiter missing a chance at playoffs or backing into the playoffs, lets go in on a positive note for a change.

True

midgensa
04-15-2005, 04:36 AM
I think the most important game of the season is Week 4 at Atlanta. I think it is when we either improve to 4-0 or fall to a team that could be competing for the top spot in the conference. We can really make a statement by burning their defense and containg Vick.

foreverviking85
04-15-2005, 05:04 AM
im gonna go with mark, the first game is important to make our presence felt as well as the last game to go into the playoffs on a good note

michaelmazid
04-15-2005, 05:41 AM
I SAY WE MUST WIN THE LAST 2 GAMES OF THE SEASON TO KEEP MOMENTUM FOR THE PLAYOFFS. I DONT CARE WHO WE ARE PLAYIN. WE MUST WIN THOSE TWO.

purplehorn
04-15-2005, 05:52 PM
The two games against the fudge packers are now
and will always be the two must wins in my book.

DemonicViking
04-15-2005, 06:04 PM
I can't really determine the significance of any game until the cherry has been popped and the season has gotten underway, but the Atlanta game will be a challange.. if we are consistent enough in containing Vick we should be ok. I think Smoot will have no problem covering Peerles "OverPriced" Price, who has basically been a letdown since he arrived in Atlanta.

jellovike
04-15-2005, 06:21 PM
Judging on the past couple of seasons I definitely agree that the Giants game will be a very important obstical to overcome. However I also feel that our games at Atlanta, Baltimore, and Carolina will be huge. We need to come out with a win in at least one of these matches to really show that we are contenders.

V4L
04-15-2005, 06:25 PM
Id say the first game... to get some chemistry going.. and get us ready for a full season right off the bat.. Need to get going right away and it sux to have a lose the first game

purplepat
04-15-2005, 06:44 PM
You know, I'll be bizarre here and say it will be the road game against the Bears. I don't think Tice has won yet in Chicago, and I think the Vikings lost to the inferior team each time. It's a conference, and more importantly, a division game. It's one you don't want to lose if you are the better team. I'll accept the Packers and Vikings splitting their season series, but the Vikings can't do any favors for the Packers by losing any other division games.

DemonicViking
04-15-2005, 07:28 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Id say the first game... to get some chemistry going.. and get us ready for a full season right off the bat.. Need to get going right away and it sux to have a lose the first game

Don't forget, there's 15 games after that. It's like these Met fans here in NY who were crying over the fact that they lost the first 4 games.. you should have heard them.. they were acting like their season was done, and baseball is much longer, sheezez.

Foranzan
04-15-2005, 07:51 PM
I'd think the the most important game would be every game of the season...but that's just me.

smoot2boot
04-15-2005, 08:07 PM
There is no way to tell how important each game will be. The last 2 years the last game has been pretty crucial for playoff reasons and I never thought Arizona would be a huge game when the 2003 schedule came out. We'll just have to wait and see.

sitandbehitski
04-15-2005, 08:31 PM
Hey, at least we play the frickin' giants in week ten instead of week 5 or 6, just in time to send us in a death spiral!!!

Of course they could send us in a death spiral just in time for the playoffs.

Here's to Eli Manning's head on a pike after that game!!!! (no offense, Eli.) :D

ADubya26
04-15-2005, 08:47 PM
Im going to say its Week 4 @ Atlanta for 2 reasons.

- They are a top 3 team in the NFC and beating them on their turf will send a message that we are for real and a win would give our team a lot of confidence.

- I will be there!

VKG4LFE
04-15-2005, 09:28 PM
Every game is as important as the next, but I would rather get out of the gate slowly and charge ahead towards the end. I really like the fact that 4 of our last 6 are at home and one of the roadies is in Detroit. I personally will be "getting up" the most for the packer games but they are all huge!!

Del Rio
04-15-2005, 09:37 PM
Most important is the Packer games. Look at us this year our team was not impressive but we did beat down the Pack and anytime that happens you can smile :)

I mean we could be 2 and 14 and I bet we still would be talkin smack to the cheese because we whomped on them twice :cool:

VKG4LFE
04-15-2005, 09:42 PM
I don't know del rio, it's tough to talk smack when you are 2-14. I don't care who you beat twice!! But if we ended up 2-14 and the pack were 1-15 or better yet 0-16, we could talk tons of smack!! Those would be pretty sad times though!!

Del Rio
04-15-2005, 09:48 PM
I know I was just messing around.

There is no such thing as a most important game. That's the kind of thing you can only discuss after it all said and done.

There is no way to tell where we will be standing when we play such and such or what the ramifications will be.

oldschoolmikey
04-15-2005, 10:33 PM
To me the most important games of the year are still the games vs. the Packers. Especially this year, they are the reigning NFC north champs. Sure we beat them in the playoffs, but to me I still feel they hold the power in this division. We have made some nice additions to the "d" this year, but I am not sure if it was enough. Also our offense does not have a go to guy anymore, and Culpepper has not shown that he can put this team on his shoulders and lead them the way Favre does in Green Bay.

jellovike
04-15-2005, 10:47 PM
As my high school soccer coach used to tell us before every single match, "This is the biggest game of the season fellas."

vikinggreg
04-15-2005, 11:33 PM
soccer???...has big games..?..I thought thats where they grew feild goal kicker... :lol:

sorry my son plays soccer and I bug him to. He's a TE and SS football and winger in hockey...soccer is what he does when he's not playing sports :twisted:

must kill the giants and get rid of that monkey

cajunvike
04-15-2005, 11:39 PM
The NEXT one!!!

jellovike
04-15-2005, 11:40 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

The NEXT one!!!

Yup

jellovike
04-15-2005, 11:54 PM
"vikinggreg" wrote:

soccer???...has big games..?..I thought thats where they grew feild goal kicker... :lol:

sorry my son plays soccer and I bug him to. He's a TE and SS football and winger in hockey...soccer is what he does when he's not playing sports :twisted:

must kill the giants and get rid of that monkey

Man. Not a big soccer fan eh.. Its aight, I'll let you have your opinion but I feel soccer is as much of a sport as football, hockey, baseball etc. It requires skill, technique, speed, endurance, agility, and mental toughness. I see no reason to consider soccer as inferior to any other sport. If you get the chance to watch a good soccer game they can get very physical. Now I know its not gonna provide the big hits and high scores. But you gotta respect that soccer players play for a FULL 90 minutes. You don't get a chance to gain you composure over on the sidelines while the other half of the team plays defense, you've gotta be on your toes and moving the whole game. I'm sorry if you see soccer that way and I doubt that any of this will change your opinion, but sometimes I just gotta rant a little when people don't give soccer any respect.

[Rant off]

vikinggreg
04-16-2005, 04:14 AM
good rant, :cool:

If Tice can't get them fired up for the Giants maybe you can fire him up.

I will be going to my son's first soccer game this Monday night, last year's season opener he did get two goals.

Monday Night Soccer.

Biggest Monday night game will be the Pack's loss to the Vikes :grin:

muchluv4smoot
04-16-2005, 04:17 AM
Can't believe I am the only one who said the super bowl. I am the only one with confidence in this team I guess. :grin: Who cares about the other games, if we win the super bowl.

MadtownMac
04-16-2005, 04:40 AM
Super Bowl, by far. Is that better? (j/k)

treshenpesh
04-16-2005, 04:42 AM
WE MUST BEAT THE GIANTS!!!!!!!! This isn't a monkey on our backs; it a f*ing silver back gorilla! But with that chimp Eli with the ball, I think the Vikes are gonna come out hunting. :munky2:

RK.
04-16-2005, 09:49 AM
I am going to say the Dec 18 game against Pittsburgh. The Steelers will be a play off team in their conference and if we can't show that we can beat an AFC playoff team at the end of the season it won't bode well for us going anywhere in the playoffs. The Vikes will have to have pulled it together by that time to show they are a real super bowl contender. :)

Del Rio
04-16-2005, 03:14 PM
"oldschoolmikey" wrote:

To me the most important games of the year are still the games vs. the Packers. Especially this year, they are the reigning NFC north champs. Sure we beat them in the playoffs, but to me I still feel they hold the power in this division. We have made some nice additions to the "d" this year, but I am not sure if it was enough. Also our offense does not have a go to guy anymore, and Culpepper has not shown that he can put this team on his shoulders and lead them the way Favre does in Green Bay.

Are you a Packer fan? Just reading some of your posts leads me to belive you are. No biggy if you are, just don't hide it :grin:

Frozen Tundran
04-16-2005, 09:06 PM
"purplepat" wrote:

You know, I'll be bizarre here and say it will be the road game against the Bears. I don't think Tice has won yet in Chicago, and I think the Vikings lost to the inferior team each time. It's a conference, and more importantly, a division game. It's one you don't want to lose if you are the better team. I'll accept the Packers and Vikings splitting their season series, but the Vikings can't do any favors for the Packers by losing any other division games.

Indeed, I've been betting the Bears against the Vikes for years when the Vikes are out of their comfy Twinkiedome. Doesn't seem to matter how bad the Bears are, or how good the Vikings. Not only do the Bears always seem to cover, the last six years I've taken to betting straight up on the win too, and taking the odds. Two bets, and lately they seem to both pay off...

VikesFan111
04-16-2005, 09:19 PM
I say the Giants!