PDA

View Full Version : Im going to my first Viking game!

ADubya26
04-12-2005, 08:16 PM
I am going to the Vikings @ Atlanta game this year and I just read it will be a Monday nighter! In case you didnt hear, according to PA, we have 3 Prime Time games this year: @Atlanta (MNF), @Green Bay (MNF), and at home vs. Pitt (Sun Night).

Im going to go body painted, all decked out and I think im going to make a huge PP.org poster for you guys (and gals)!

ultravikingfan
04-12-2005, 08:34 PM
Schedules will be released the 13th according to the NFL.

Mr Anderson
04-12-2005, 08:35 PM
Ive gone to most of the games in the Meadowlands (Giants Stadium) in NJ, within the past five or 6 years.

My dad and me went when they played the Jets a few years back. And I went to one with the Giants when I was younger.

I wish I lived in Minny. I would love not being the only vikings fan in the stadium!

Mr Anderson
04-12-2005, 08:35 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Schedules will be released the 13th according to the NFL.

Tomorrow at 2 pm.

Mr. Purple
04-12-2005, 08:41 PM
I've been to one game, 2002, Vikings @ Bucs...we lost...but it was the most amazing exspirence...bennett ran in a 85 yard touchdown and in a sea of pewter and red, there was my purple a$$ screaming and yelling for my boy! Man once you go...you'll be even more in love with the nfl, I tail gaited threw around the football...one of the greatest days of my life!!

ultravikingfan
04-12-2005, 08:49 PM
I cannot wait to see when the Cincy game is.

I and TheAnimal93 are going to go and we hope to get some more of you PP.O's to join in. Hopefully some of the East Coast crowd (Cajun) and anybody else that wants to come.

DarrinNelsonguy
04-12-2005, 08:59 PM
One of my buddies finally got season tickets this season and said I can go with him to a couple games. It will be my first Vikings in a few yeras. I cannot wait to go and hear GNR "Welcome to the Jungle" at max volume as we ge ready to kick off. Man that rocks.

diesavike
04-12-2005, 09:37 PM
I'm heading up for the Steelers game, it'll be nice to watch the Vikes beat up on them, especially when I'll be sitting next to a Steelers fan!

cajunvike
04-12-2005, 09:46 PM
"diesavike" wrote:

I'm heading up for the Steelers game, it'll be nice to watch the Vikes beat up on them, especially when I'll be sitting next to a Steelers fan!

I might wanna join you on that one...it isn't that far for me (about 5 hours or so)!

cajunvike
04-12-2005, 09:50 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I and TheAnimal93 are going to go and we hope to get some more of you PP.O's to join in. Hopefully some of the East Coast crowd (Cajun) and anybody else that wants to come.

Mapquest says it will take me 8 hours...maybe I can go visit some friends of mine in Columbus that I haven't seen in awhile and spend the night with them so that the I can break up the drive...at least maybe on the way back.

michaelmazid
04-12-2005, 09:51 PM
"ADubya26" wrote:

I am going to the Vikings @ Atlanta game this year and I just read it will be a Monday nighter! In case you didnt hear, according to PA, we have 3 Prime Time games this year: @Atlanta (MNF), @Green Bay (MNF), and at home vs. Pitt (Sun Night).

Im going to go body painted, all decked out and I think im going to make a huge PP.org poster for you guys (and gals)!

I am so jealous of you. You are gonna have a blast.

ultravikingfan
04-12-2005, 11:17 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Mapquest says it will take me 8 hours...maybe I can go visit some friends of mine in Columbus that I haven't seen in awhile and spend the night with them so that the I can break up the drive...at least maybe on the way back.

8 hours, no way!

cajunvike
04-12-2005, 11:21 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

8 hours, no way!

The Mapquest doesn't lie...502.88 miles, door to door...probably figures it at around 60 MPH as an average...do the math. :grin:

vikes09
04-12-2005, 11:27 PM
itll take you around 7 hours if you go 70!!! :lol:

ADubya26
04-12-2005, 11:52 PM
"MossTheFreak" wrote:

I've been to one game, 2002, Vikings @ Bucs...we lost...but it was the most amazing exspirence...bennett ran in a 85 yard touchdown and in a sea of pewter and red, there was my purple a$$ screaming and yelling for my boy! Man once you go...you'll be even more in love with the nfl, I tail gaited threw around the football...one of the greatest days of my life!!

I can only imagine, I have never even been to an NFL game yet! Hopefully us non-Minnesotans can get to see a Vikes game in Minny sometime!

diesavike
04-13-2005, 01:20 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"diesavike" wrote:

I might wanna join you on that one...it isn't that far for me (about 5 hours or so)!

:scratch: 5 hours from Virginia to Minneapolis, I want your vehicle. :thumbright:

so-cal vike
04-13-2005, 01:41 AM
Your first game...you're gonna have a blast. Get there as early as you can, find that sea of purple and tailgate. :occasion5: :drunken:

Win or lose it's truly is an experience that you'll never forget.

Be sure to post some pics of the game.

jellovike
04-13-2005, 02:42 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Yeah me neither. I'll probably be going to that game as well.

KY Vike
04-13-2005, 03:40 AM
Vikings are playing Cincy @ cincy??? I live an hour away from cincy...wow i need to go to this game.

TheAnimal93
04-13-2005, 05:01 AM
The Vikings will be plundering the "Queen City" and there will be alot of Purple Pride there for sure.
I for one cant wait either. It's been 6 years since I have been to a football game. I get hyped up talking about it already. tick tick tick......
Oh, not yet. It's Clobbering Time!!.....Ohhhhh crap!
Not time for that yet. Man this sucks!!
Bring on the draft.:lol:

Adub,
This wont be your last one. You will be hooked!! It's an awesome experience!

DarrinNelsonguy
04-13-2005, 05:19 AM
Still the greatest to me is 2 years ago going to AZ to watch the Cards and Vikes. It sucked with the way the game ended but the stadium was full of mostly Viking fans that was way cool but the game was a buzz kill.

duffVIkEs
04-13-2005, 05:22 AM
I have been to three, all came out losing. First doesn't really count becuase it was a preseason but we lost to SD. Second was against SD again and we lost, it was the year SD was terrible(03-04). Then I was in Chicago checking out Loyola with my brother and went to game, froze my ass off, lost again with a last second interception in the endzone. I am such bad luck.

ultravikingfan
04-13-2005, 05:49 AM
"KY Vike" wrote:

Vikings are playing Cincy @ cincy??? I live an hour away from cincy...wow i need to go to this game.

Heck yeah you do! We are going to have an a$$ kicking tailgate party! You are more than welcome to join us old farts! :lol:

ultravikingfan
04-13-2005, 05:50 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I saw a pic of your wheels, I doubt you do 60! :lol:
8 hours, no way!

The Mapquest doesn't lie...502.88 miles, door to door...probably figures it at around 60 MPH as an average...do the math. :grin:

T-Bone
04-13-2005, 07:06 AM
When the vikes make it to the Super Bowl this season in Detroit, will anybody try to attend? I've already booked off that weekend.

ElBarto
04-13-2005, 10:38 AM
I've been to 3 games and I'm yet to see us lose :cool:

Hoping to get to the Packers and Steelers games this year - schedule permitting :study:

AngloVike
04-13-2005, 10:53 AM
"ElBarto" wrote:

Hoping to get to the Packers and Steelers games this year - schedule permitting :study:
Steelers game, being a Sunday night, could be a blast. I'll have to see what game I might get to when the schedule comes out. I was hoping that we might have had a MNF at home but doesn't sound like that will be happening

hawaiianvike21
04-13-2005, 11:09 AM
You guys are lucky. Ive only seen culpepper, birk and kevin williams play. STill havent been to a vikes game yet, although one day ill make my way to the metrodome or the new stadium in Anoka in the year 2020. :lol:

Drive to minny? How bout 9-10 hours traveling there, and gee its only by plane. :lol:

ElBarto
04-13-2005, 12:26 PM
"AngloVike" wrote:

"ElBarto" wrote:

Steelers game, being a Sunday night, could be a blast. I'll have to see what game I might get to when the schedule comes out. I was hoping that we might have had a MNF at home but doesn't sound like that will be happening

If we play them pre-world series I'd be more likley to watch otherwise it'd make more sense to watch it on 5 and then see a different game.

IF it's a SNF game that is :scratch:

AngloVike
04-13-2005, 12:30 PM
"ElBarto" wrote:

"AngloVike" wrote:

"ElBarto" wrote:

If we play them pre-world series I'd be more likley to watch otherwise it'd make more sense to watch it on 5 and then see a different game.

IF it's a SNF game that is :scratch:
yep thats true - roll on 7:00pm when the schedules are released !

mark
04-13-2005, 01:19 PM
Ive been to 2 games and the best part was when they introduced moss and he cam out with the gloves on his helmet and the crowd blew the roof of the place.My arm hairs are still standing up but thats because i use gel now.

English Vike
04-13-2005, 02:25 PM
bah, i would so love to go but there's not even a chance of me being able to afford it for so long, i'm starting at university in september, a student budget doesnt really allow for trips across the globe to watch the vikings play, it should! all english students should get a special allowance for it, they would if i was in charge lol

AngloVike
04-13-2005, 02:35 PM
"English Vike" wrote:

bah, i would so love to go but there's not even a chance of me being able to afford it for so long, i'm starting at university in september, a student budget doesnt really allow for trips across the globe to watch the vikings play, it should! all english students should get a special allowance for it, they would if i was in charge lol
LOL , we'll raise it up with your prospective parliamentary candidate :lol:

MNVikingGangsta
04-14-2005, 01:27 AM
"T-Bone" wrote:

When the vikes make it to the Super Bowl this season in Detroit, will anybody try to attend? I've already booked off that weekend.
If we make it to the superbowl i will max out every credit card i have to beable to go. i've been to a couple games the last one being packers@vikes on christmas eve this year. that game was so awesome till we lost.

ADubya26
04-14-2005, 01:35 AM
"so-cal vike" wrote:

Your first game...you're gonna have a blast. Get there as early as you can, find that sea of purple and tailgate. :occasion5: :drunken:

Win or lose it's truly is an experience that you'll never forget.

Be sure to post some pics of the game.

Yeah, Ill definitely take/post pics. Ill be all decked out in body paint and whatever else I can find!

KY Vike
04-14-2005, 02:51 AM
hey i've never been to an NFL game. i'm hoping to go to my first game at cincy but confused about the tickets... when do single game tickets go on sale and are they usually sold out by the season and ticket packages?

ultravikingfan
04-14-2005, 04:29 AM
"KY Vike" wrote:

hey i've never been to an NFL game. i'm hoping to go to my first game at cincy but confused about the tickets... when do single game tickets go on sale and are they usually sold out by the season and ticket packages?

Hey KY Vike, I am buying my limit for the game and you are more than welcome to join us. Just show up, and have a great time!

GreenBaySlackers
04-14-2005, 04:38 AM
I'll be at the cincy game with my parents and my sister's boyfriend (huge Packer Fan, we have a deal worked out where we both go to cincy vs minny and cincy vs GB). So you all wont be the only purple in a sea of orange and black!

zzbudzz
04-14-2005, 05:11 AM
i went to my first viking and nfl game last year when the vikings lost to the sorry azz redskins!they should have won that game ...oh and that was when moss left 60 seconds early.........

T-Bone
04-15-2005, 04:51 AM
"MNVikingGangsta" wrote:

"T-Bone" wrote:

If we make it to the superbowl i will max out every credit card i have to beable to go. i've been to a couple games the last one being packers@vikes on christmas eve this year. that game was so awesome till we lost.

I guess its a date. See you in February.

VKG4LFE
04-15-2005, 09:41 PM
Sorry to say adub, but the game against Hotlanta isn't a Monday nighter, it's a 3:15 game! It'll still be a good one though!

cajunvike
04-15-2005, 11:12 PM
"zzbudzz" wrote:

i went to my first viking and nfl game last year when the vikings lost to the sorry azz redskins!they should have won that game ...oh and that was when moss left 60 seconds early.........

I was there too, and if we wouldn't have had that BULLSH*T "holding" penalty called on us, Randy's TD would have stood...and totally changed the outcome of the game!!! :evil:

Lando
04-16-2005, 06:18 AM
My bro and I are going to see Bears @ Vikes Jan 1/06 .. coming down from Canada. Will be the first game ever for both of us.

SKOL
04-16-2005, 06:27 AM
"Lando" wrote:

My bro and I are going to see Bears @ Vikes Jan 1/06 .. coming down from Canada. Will be the first game ever for both of us.

Nice Lando, Alberta to Minny's a long trek though..., you driving or flying? Cheer loudly, with no fear, and you'll have the time of your life.

btw, how'd you come to follow the Vikes?

Lando
04-16-2005, 06:57 AM
We'll be driving .. and I live at almost the BC border! I'll be going through Winnipeg where I have family I can stay with. I had a Vikes shirt when I was a kid, and without NHL hockey on this past year I watched every game. I'm now addicted to the Vikes!

SKOL
04-16-2005, 07:04 AM
We took a road trip a few years ago to Banff, Lake Louise and the whole area. I've been to a lot of places, North America and Europe. I think it's the prettiest place I've seen.

Lando
04-16-2005, 08:16 AM
"SKOL" wrote:

We took a road trip a few years ago to Banff, Lake Louise and the whole area. I've been to a lot of places, North America and Europe. I think it's the prettiest place I've seen.

Perhaps you recall Jasper? That is where I call home .. about 2 hours North of Banff/Lake Louise in the Rocky Mountains. And yes, it is certainly an amazing place to live.

vikinggreg
04-16-2005, 09:00 AM
Wow driving through Sask and Manitoba at the end of December....I do it in a heartbeat to see the Vikes...wife won't let me leave her with the kids to have that kind of unsupervised fun. There's always the chance I won't comeback. :wink:

Enjoy the game :cool:

SKOL
04-17-2005, 08:08 AM
"Lando" wrote:

Perhaps you recall Jasper? That is where I call home .. about 2 hours North of Banff/Lake Louise in the Rocky Mountains.

Went there too..., beautiful place. That's quite a drive to the T.C. Area.

Lando
04-17-2005, 03:57 PM
I'm not afraid of the drive .. it will be a roadtrip with my bro. Plus we can stop for the night in Winnipeg (about half way from Saskatoon where my bro lives). Two years ago I drove straight from Winnipeg to Memphis without stopping, that was over 22 hours so I think if the roads are fine I should have no problems. Does anyone know how far a drive from Winnipeg to somewhere close to the stadium? Actually, can anyone recommend a place to stay?

PurplePeopleEaters
04-17-2005, 04:33 PM
I have a choice of a few games for my first vikes game. This year over my break I could go to the home game Vs. the Browns. or away vs the pack.... I guess I am choosing the dome to watch us kill the borwns rather than going to lameblow to watch us kill the pack.....

mnjamie
04-18-2005, 07:31 AM
"ADubya26" wrote:

"MossTheFreak" wrote:

I can only imagine, I have never even been to an NFL game yet! Hopefully us non-Minnesotans can get to see a Vikes game in Minny sometime!Dubya, I was hoping and praying that the game would be in Tampa this year. Now have to wait, what, 4 years before we play the NFC South again ?? With NO HOPE of the Buc's making the playoff's, I have to travel to see the games now.

mnjamie
04-18-2005, 07:34 AM
Lando,

7 hrs or so from Winnepeg to the Twin Cities going through Grand Forks and Fargo... We used to make the trip every year for a rugby tournament in Winnepeg.

LuckyVike
04-18-2005, 07:39 AM
Yea, I'm wanting to go watch my first Viking's game in Cincy this year. I hope so much that I get to go. Before the schedules came out I heard they would play in like week 16 or something which would've sucked because Tice would've been resting the starters for the playoffs by that time :wink: . Now that I know it's in week 2 I'm stoked!

vikes09
04-18-2005, 11:13 PM
ive never been. i hope to get to this year maybe, but its gonna be a pretty far drive anywhere, so i think im gonna wait another year.

Webby
04-20-2005, 06:38 AM
"Lando" wrote:

"SKOL" wrote:

Perhaps you recall Jasper? That is where I call home .. about 2 hours North of Banff/Lake Louise in the Rocky Mountains. And yes, it is certainly an amazing place to live.

We spent two weeks there this summer! I traveled to Banff, etc every year growing up for a few weeks a summer, and now starting the tradition anew with my wife. We'll have to do dinner at the Lobstick Lodge or something. LOL

Webby
04-20-2005, 06:40 AM
I'll be in Ireland and Spain this fall in early October, so if you're from around and want to tip a pint, let me know. Heading back to where the family is from in Ireland, and visiting where the wife lived for a few years in Sevilla, Spain.

AngloVike
04-20-2005, 09:45 AM
"SKOL" wrote:

ah great areas - we visited there back in '98 when we were on honeymoon. The drive from Jasper down to Banff was spectacular and not something I'll forget in a hurry. If you ever get the chance and drive along there be sure to stop at Peyto Lake - we were told about by a local. The colour of the lake is unreal and varies all through the day and depending on where you look at it from. Hopefully we'll do that trip again one day

Lando
04-20-2005, 03:57 PM
Yes the drive between Banff and Jasper is excellent .. it is called the Icefields Parkway and goes right down the spine of the Rockies. You also pass the Columbia Icefields (very cool). And the Lobstick Lodge is about 4 blocks from my house :grin: