PDA

View Full Version : Bad X Vikings

slinkey
04-11-2005, 03:12 AM
Hey!

Does anyone else remember people like Archie Manning (former Saint), Dave Casper (former Raider and Oiler) and Harold Jackson (former Ram) ending their careers on the Vikings? Man, those guys sucked when they played their last breathes with us!

Can anyone remember former GREAT players for OTHER teams that ENDED their careers with us?

kramer9guy
04-11-2005, 03:21 AM
Jan Stenerud played his final two years with the Vikes. 84-85

michaelmazid
04-11-2005, 03:26 AM
yeah I remember one that sucked really hard.

JIM MCMAHON

kramer9guy
04-11-2005, 03:31 AM
I think McMahon retired as a packer.

What about Roger Craig.

ultravikingfan
04-11-2005, 03:39 AM
"kramer9guy" wrote:

What about Roger Craig.

Yes, McMahon retired as a Packer (puck) in '96.

Yes, Roger Craig played his last 2 seasons with us!

vikinggreg
04-11-2005, 03:45 AM
No one matches Herschel Walker, he sucked royally.

First game he played he had a touchdown, ran right out of one of his cleats, and the rest sucked, sucked, and sucked :roll:

Burley81
04-11-2005, 04:22 AM
I was watching sportscenter when they did the top 10 worst sports trades ever, that made the #1 :sad: . Cowboys used the ton of picks we traded them to get their dynasty. We didn't use him right anyways, he should of been a all down back, we put him as a 3rd down back. He should of got 30 carries a game, he got eight. He retired as a cowboy though, didnt he?

Just thinking about that pisses me off.

vikeU2
04-11-2005, 05:16 AM
Hershal was misunderstood...Ha Ha!

vikesgirl36
04-11-2005, 05:53 AM
McMahon..When he signed with the Vikes..I don't even want to remember that. He was my least favorite player EVER!!

michaelmazid
04-11-2005, 05:56 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"kramer9guy" wrote:

What about Roger Craig.

what? I dont remember roger craig playing for minnesota.

ultravikingfan
04-11-2005, 06:08 AM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"kramer9guy" wrote:

What about Roger Craig.

what? I dont remember roger craig playing for minnesota.

Played in '92 and '93. 416 yards in '92, 119 in '93.
End of his great career! I loved watching him run with the high steps!

brandsp
04-11-2005, 06:35 AM
Always liked the RBs of the 80's. They loved to run over people. Payton and Craig just made defenders afraid to tackle them. Those were the days.

cajunvike
04-11-2005, 06:36 AM
"givemossthetoss" wrote:

I was watching sportscenter when they did the top 10 worst sports trades ever, that made the #1 :sad: . Cowboys used the ton of picks we traded them to get their dynasty. We didn't use him right anyways, he should of been a all down back, we put him as a 3rd down back. He should of got 30 carries a game, he got eight. He retired as a cowboy though, didnt he?

You can blame Jerry Burns and his stupid "platoon" system for the 3rd down back thing...man, that coach was a grade A fool...he should have had Herschel playing both offense and defense, plus holding for extra poings, for the price that we had to pay for him!!! *turn off sarcasm*

michaelmazid
04-11-2005, 07:22 AM
even though he did not play his last year with the vikes, Chris Carter looked like crap when he played for the dolphins.

cajunvike
04-11-2005, 07:29 AM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

even though he did not play his last year with the vikes, Chris Carter looked like crap when he played for the dolphins.

That was really sad, though!

michaelmazid
04-11-2005, 07:55 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"michaelmazid" wrote:

I never understood how they become so horrible as they age. I mean, I understand them not being that fast anymore, but it seemed like Chris had lost his hands also. He really looked scared.

Guruzen
04-11-2005, 07:55 AM
Gary Andersen, Morten Andersen, Darren Bennett... Recently we seem to be the league's recycle bin for has been kickers/punters.

Warren Moon and Randall Cunningham were notable stars that finished with us. We need to figure out how to get these guys at the START of their careers =)

so-cal vike
04-11-2005, 08:08 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"michaelmazid" wrote:

That still burns me up. :angryfire:

I'm waiting for Cris to pull an Emmitt Smith and play one last down with the Vikes in order to retire "officially" as a Viking.

TheAnimal93
04-11-2005, 01:46 PM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"michaelmazid" wrote:

I never understood how they become so horrible as they age. I mean, I understand them not being that fast anymore, but it seemed like Chris had lost his hands also. He really looked scared.

CrisCarter never lost his hands, you couldnt catch his jock.
Your Favorite player is Jimmy Hitchcock? Of all time? roflmao!! Who are you? Jimmy himself?
I have to question if you are really a Viking fan. Who is your second fav player? Dimitrious Underwood?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Speaking of someone that didnt have any hands. Feet or brain. Dont slam CC.
Go get your spiral notebook and write 5000 times...
Cris Carter is the Man.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/animal93/CCquadcards.jpg

HarrisonB57
04-11-2005, 03:24 PM
"TheAnimal93" wrote:

"michaelmazid" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"michaelmazid" wrote:

Your Favorite player is Jimmy Hitchcock? Of all time? roflmao!! Who are you? Jimmy himself?
I have to question if you are really a Viking fan. Who is your second fav player? Dimitrious Underwood?
Cris Carter is the Man.

I remember when Cris made a one handed catch while being tackled. He just put his hand up and the ball just stuck right in there. It was the most impressive thing I remember about Cris.

bigjsvikesfan
04-11-2005, 03:36 PM
If chris didnt start off slow due to some of his problems,I'm sure he would be hanging right there with jerry rice still today.His numbers were low for the first couple of yrs. Which would have made him at least the second greatest wr ever. Watching him play was the greatest thing. Hands,timing to the ball,body control,makes him at least second greatest wr in this generation. I wish he would have taken a little less money and stayed with mn.I think he left hoping to go to the browns and it fell through. the dolphins was just a place to hold on and injuries really hurt his chances not his hands. 2nd greatest wr ever no doubt!

kramer9guy
04-11-2005, 04:15 PM
"Guruzen" wrote:

Gary Andersen, Morten Andersen, Darren Bennett... Recently we seem to be the league's recycle bin for has been kickers/punters.

Warren Moon and Randall Cunningham were notable stars that finished with us. We need to figure out how to get these guys at the START of their careers =)

While Cunningham did play with the Vikes towards the end of his career, I believe he actually played a couple more seasons with the Cowboys and then retired as a Raven.

michaelmazid
04-11-2005, 04:20 PM
"TheAnimal93" wrote:

"michaelmazid" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"michaelmazid" wrote:

Cris Carter is the Man.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/animal93/CCquadcards.jpg

If you would have watched the last game Chris played as a viking, you would have known what I am talking about. He looked like Crap. He couldn't even catch a ball.
Now put down the keyboard, walk over to your medicine cabinet and take your morning dose of prozac.

PAvikesfan
04-11-2005, 06:15 PM
you gotta give some props to mcmahon--our alternative that season was sean salisbury. and mcmahon did get us to the playoffs.

VKG4LFE
04-11-2005, 07:54 PM
I'm sure you can add Darren Sharper to the list in a couple of years! Not that he was great with the packers but he had some good seasons! I hope he does well with us, but things just aren't too promising IMO!

cajunvike
04-11-2005, 08:05 PM
"PAvikesfan" wrote:

you gotta give some props to mcmahon--our alternative that season was sean salisbury. and mcmahon did get us to the playoffs.

He had almost 2000 yards with us...his last good year...then a year with AZ and the last two with GB...all three in mopup duty role.

PAvikesfan
04-11-2005, 08:10 PM
yeah cajun... yeah. the hatred for him by vikes fans is from his bears years... i always enjoyed watching him play. never really had a hatred for the bears...not like the packers.

ultravikingfan
04-11-2005, 10:43 PM
Cris Carter personafied the Viking spirit!

Even though he played 5 meaningless games with the Fins, he still retired with us as far as I am concerned!

worshipabba2003
04-12-2005, 12:10 AM
"kramer9guy" wrote:

"Guruzen" wrote:

While Cunningham did play with the Vikes towards the end of his career, I believe he actually played a couple more seasons with the Cowboys and then retired as a Raven. he did ritire a raven but then came back and retired as an eagle. he played in like on perseason game and then called it quits!!! but he ended up back where he started as an eagle

TheAnimal93
04-12-2005, 02:46 PM
Cris Carter is the Man.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/animal93/CCquadcards.jpg[/quote]

If you would have watched the last game Cris played as a Viking, you would have known(that I dont know) what I am talking about. I looked like Crap. I couldn't even catch a ball.
Now put down the keyboard, walk over to MY medicine cabinet and take your morning dose of prozac.[/quote]

One game does not a HOF career make! Your prozac is in full gear now, and the anti B/S filter is on full squelch.
So is this what you think of Cris? And what is the purpose of spelling his name wrong? Let me guess, you do that sometimes.
So Cris is not worthy of the Vikings ROH or the HOF?

diesavike
04-12-2005, 04:01 PM
"TheAnimal93" wrote:

"michaelmazid" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"michaelmazid" wrote:

Cris Carter is the Man.

Actually, Jimmy Hitchcock had lots of fans......every wide reciever in the NFL was a huge fan. :evil4:

ThorSPL
04-12-2005, 04:33 PM
"diesavike" wrote:

"TheAnimal93" wrote:

"michaelmazid" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"michaelmazid" wrote:

Cris Carter is the Man.

Actually, Jimmy Hitchcock had lots of fans......every wide reciever in the NFL was a huge fan. :evil4:

OMG that was funny...

I wish I could start up every morning like that!

michaelmazid
04-12-2005, 09:54 PM
"diesavike" wrote:

"TheAnimal93" wrote:

"michaelmazid" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"michaelmazid" wrote:

Cris Carter is the Man.

Is that why he had 8 picks in 1998 and returned 3 of them for touchdowns?

cajunvike
04-12-2005, 10:11 PM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

"diesavike" wrote:

"TheAnimal93" wrote:

"michaelmazid" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

Cris Carter is the Man.

All right...we give him credit for ONE good season...certainly not ROF credentials...by that standard, Randall Cunningham deserves it as well...heck, he had a way better 1998 than Hitchcock for that matter.

diesavike
04-13-2005, 12:57 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"michaelmazid" wrote:

"diesavike" wrote:

"TheAnimal93" wrote:

"michaelmazid" wrote:

Cris Carter is the Man.

All right...we give him credit for ONE good season...certainly not ROF credentials...by that standard, Randall Cunningham deserves it as well...heck, he had a way better 1998 than Hitchcock for that matter.

Don't forget about Brian Russell, I believe he tied for the most interceptions a couple years ago, where was he last year? I just hated watching the Vikes D when Hitchcock played, 3rd and 6, his man was getting the ball, cause he was almost always, what seemed to be, 5 yards off his man.

BigMoInAZ
04-13-2005, 01:35 AM
Has anybody mentioned Dave Casper, TE?

michaelmazid
04-13-2005, 03:11 AM
"diesavike" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"michaelmazid" wrote:

"diesavike" wrote:

"TheAnimal93" wrote:

Cris Carter is the Man.

Don't forget about Brian Russell, I believe he tied for the most interceptions a couple years ago, where was he last year? I just hated watching the Vikes D when Hitchcock played, 3rd and 6, his man was getting the ball, cause he was almost always, what seemed to be, 5 yards off his man.

THAT'S IT. I AM CHANGING MY FAVORITE PLAYER TO COREY FULLER!!! :lol:

vikinggreg
04-13-2005, 03:30 AM
If your going to pick a corner you should pick Carl Lee

TheAnimal93
04-13-2005, 05:13 AM
"vikinggreg" wrote:

If your going to pick a corener you should pick Carl Lee

Now you're talking!!
:grin:
I wasnt trying to slam Hitchcockblocker. Okay, maybe a little. :lol: :lol:

Hitchcock was like Leroy Hoard in reverse. If THEY need five yards He'll give them six. If THEY need 3 yards, He'll give them six. :lol:

michaelmazid
04-13-2005, 06:13 AM
"vikinggreg" wrote:

CARL LEE WAS PRETTY GOOD, BUT I HAVE TO GO WITH TWO LEGENDS, JIMMY HITCHCOCK AND COREY FULLER BABY.

DarrinNelsonguy
04-13-2005, 06:16 AM
Corey Fuller can hock a good luggy into the face of Dilfer though! lol
What about DE Derrick Alexander boy am I glad we took him over Sapp.

slinkey
04-13-2005, 03:11 PM
Oh yea! I remember us taking Derrick Alexander over Sapp. That move sucked the minute they made it, and everyone knew it. If we had Sapp in 1998, we win the superbowl!

cajunvike
04-13-2005, 04:58 PM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

"vikinggreg" wrote:

CARL LEE WAS PRETTY GOOD, BUT I HAVE TO GO WITH TWO LEGENDS, JIMMY HITCHCOCK AND COREY FULLER BABY.

What about good ol' Bobby Bryant (as a favorite CB, that is)?

Paulbedy59
04-21-2005, 02:07 AM
Bobby was awesome! I,ll never forget when he took bows to the crowd after a fair catch LMFAO when he did that..

treshenpesh
04-21-2005, 02:41 AM
Warren Moon ended up here too.

RK.
04-21-2005, 02:42 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"givemossthetoss" wrote:

You can blame Jerry Burns and his stupid "platoon" system for the 3rd down back thing...man, that coach was a grade A fool...he should have had Herschel playing both offense and defense, plus holding for extra poings, for the price that we had to pay for him!!! *turn off sarcasm*

Yep it wasn't Walkers fault. They traded for him without having any kind of running offense to use him correctly. Had we had any kind of running plays and used him 30+ carries a game the story might have been different. Burns was an idiot. :)

ultravikingfan
04-21-2005, 02:43 AM
"treshenpesh" wrote:

Warren Moon ended up here too.

This thread is geared towards players who have ended their careers here. Moon played with 2 more teams after us.

treshenpesh
04-21-2005, 02:46 AM
He did? oops sorry guys! What were those other teams?

ultravikingfan
04-21-2005, 03:27 AM
"treshenpesh" wrote:

He did? oops sorry guys! What were those other teams?

1997 and 1998 Seattle
1999 and 2000 KC

Burley81
04-21-2005, 03:40 AM
"RK" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"givemossthetoss" wrote:

Yep it wasn't Walkers fault. They traded for him without having any kind of running offense to use him correctly. Had we had any kind of running plays and used him 30+ carries a game the story might have been different. Burns was an idiot. :)

I know it wasn't Walker's fault, it was Burns'. I still dont see why he put him as a 3rd down, when he has all down potential. You have to be a idiot not to see that.