PDA

View Full Version : Howdy, y'all

Muggsy
04-08-2005, 06:45 PM
As my name suggests, I've been a (long-suffering) fan since 1970. But, my passion hasn't waned through the years, and I doubt it ever will. I've been reading with interest the views posted in PP.org, and finally decided to become a member. Skol!

I just saw this posted on FoxSports.com. Thought it was worth a look. For myself, I would like to see Troy Williamson and David Pollack taken at #7 and #18, respectively, but hey, I like drinking milk with my potato chips. Go figure.

Go Vikes!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Gregg Rosenthal - Fox Sports

NFC North
Vikings

WR- Games aren't won on paper. But how many teams have as balanced and talented starting 22 than the Vikings right now? The winners of the 2005 offseason are mostly concerned with depth. Their wideouts (Nate Burleson, Marcus Robinson, Travis Taylor, Kelly Campbell) are decent but lack a true No. 1. Drafting Mike Williams with the seventh pick makes a lot of sense.

DE- The draft sets up very well for the Vikings, who have the 7th and 18th pick in the first round. The top ends are all close in talent, so it makes sense to wait until their second pick to grab the best available end (David Pollack?).

S- Corey Chavous is getting older and may be better suited as a reserve. Georgia's Thomas Davis at #18 is a possibility.

SKOL
04-08-2005, 06:52 PM
Greetings OldManVike, it's always nice to see long time fans jump on board our long ship. It's going to be a wild ride..., stick around.

btw.., the Free Beer Forum is our official greeting spot. Post in there and ultravikes' bound to come around with a free beer offering.

chilifoot
04-08-2005, 06:54 PM
welcome!!

i saw this article yesterday... he's pretty right on with our team needs...

and we share the same favorite player... fran was the man!

michaelmazid
04-08-2005, 09:38 PM
I have been a fan since 1985. Thats almost 20 years. Damn, I feel old.

ultravikingfan
04-08-2005, 10:19 PM
Welcome to PP.O! Glad to have ya!

Enjoy the brew!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/ca_beer_cans.gif

shockzilla
04-08-2005, 10:37 PM
Welcome, OldManVike... You're talking to one as well. Been a fan since about 1974. Glad that you joined the "Purple Horde"!!!!!

vikes09
04-08-2005, 11:22 PM
welcome! i like that article! that is very optimistic though.

Muggsy
04-09-2005, 12:28 AM
I'm from Houston, too! Wow, how many of us Deep South Texas Vikings are there? I was born in a 300 mile radius of New Orleans, Houston, and Dallas, but to the Vikings I went. Must have been true love. No regrets, either.

DarrinNelsonguy
04-09-2005, 12:37 AM
Welcome aboard man.

worshipabba2003
04-09-2005, 01:11 AM
welcome

mnjamie
04-09-2005, 02:32 AM
Welcome OldMan .... glad to see fresh blood still joining in on the fun. Hope to hear the knowledge also from a long time fan. Fan since 75' here myself. SKOL'

6-KINGS
04-09-2005, 02:38 AM
Welcome fellow Texan!
I know you understand the pain I have endured here in Cryboyland.

I just joined last week myself.

cajunvike
04-09-2005, 05:04 AM
"OldManVike" wrote:

I'm from Houston, too! Wow, how many of us Deep South Texas Vikings are there? I was born in a 300 mile radius of New Orleans, Houston, and Dallas, but to the Vikings I went. Must have been true love. No regrets, either.

I was born and raised in South Central LA (Louisiana, that is)...and I became a Vikings fan from the get-go (1971 or so)...so we have that in common...it was tough growing up around all those Cryboys, Stealers, and Traiders fans, but I survived. I did my time in H-town, though (I went to U of H for law school), so I know your area pretty well (I used to live in Southampton, near Rice U)...I miss all the great food there and many friends...I might make it back to Houston this season to see a Texans game (one of my buds has Texans season tickets) in Reliant (never been). Hope that all you Houstonian Vikings fans are flying the Vikings banners with pride down there...I will try to look you guys up if I can make it down there this season! Welcome to the board!!! :grin:

DarrinNelsonguy
04-09-2005, 05:05 AM
Welcome aboard, and like Jimmy Johnson would say "How 'bout them Vikings?" lol

ravike55
04-09-2005, 05:15 AM
Welcome oldman!
From one old guy to another! 40's not so bad!
Just like you, i've seen alot of heartbreak.But this year (offseason,anyway) seems different.
We may have a defense again!!SKOL!

VKG4LFE
04-10-2005, 08:59 PM
Welcome aboard! It's always good to have a life long fan join us!

AngloVike
04-11-2005, 09:33 AM
Welcome, always good to see another member on the board, especially one with knowledge of the earlier times in Vikes history