PDA

View Full Version : BEST SECONDARY?

michaelmazid
03-28-2005, 07:02 AM
I say that as far as the starting secondary is concerned, we now have the best secondary in the league. Do you agree? Can you name a team with a better secondary? (and don't say baltimore cause they lost fred baxter)

SKOL
03-28-2005, 07:08 AM
It'd be hard to say we're the best, considering where we were at last year. With the addition of Smoot our corners are as talented as anyone, but we still have some issues at safety.

VikingsTw
03-28-2005, 07:14 AM
No, the ravens have the best secondary bar none, Will Demps, Chris Macalister, Ed Reed, and Samarie Rolle. It's better than last years secondary with a healthy Rolle.

We have a good secondary but like SKOL said we have Safety problems we have two safeties coming off pretty bad season's, one who couldn't tackle and the other who couldn't cover. BUT they are both proven, can they get it together for this year?

duffVIkEs
03-28-2005, 07:17 AM
They have not even played a game yet. We most definantly have alot of talent, some new some old, but to truley know if we have the best yet...we should wait untill the season starts.

I just hope we gel together and become recongized as having the best secondary in the league!

michaelmazid
03-28-2005, 07:19 AM
"vikingstw" wrote:

No, the ravens have the best secondary bar none, Will Demps, Chris Macalister, Ed Reed, and Samarie Rolle. It's better than last years secondary with a healthy Rolle.

We have a good secondary but like SKOL said we have Safety problems we have two safeties coming off pretty bad season's, one who couldn't tackle and the other who couldn't cover. BUT they are both proven, can they get it together for this year?

Oh man, I forgot that ravens got S.Rolle. Ok than, we should be in the top 3 as far as secondary is concerned.

DefensivePlaymaker
03-28-2005, 08:51 AM
"duffVIkEs" wrote:

They have not even played a game yet. We most definantly have alot of talent, some new some old, but to truley know if we have the best yet...we should wait untill the season starts.

I just hope we gel together and become recongized as having the best secondary in the league!

exactly, we'll have to wait and see how they play once the season starts.

KJ
03-28-2005, 09:06 AM
Like others, I want to see the performance on the field before I anoint them as best secondary.

hawaiianvike21
03-28-2005, 09:32 AM
Havent seen one game played by our secondary so it will be hard to say how good they can be or even if they will gel and get along together.

Raven right now have the best secondary. And a good secondary is backed by a good d-line, something we are working on right now.

TheAnimal93
03-28-2005, 09:42 AM
"SKOL" wrote:

It'd be hard to say we're the best, considering where we were at last year. With the addition of Smoot our corners are as talented as anyone, but we still have some issues at safety.

I think that the improved pass rush will help out all behind them! :grin:

The dream is alive for 2005!!!

SKOL, Skol!!!!!!!

LosAngelis
03-28-2005, 04:29 PM
I would have to agree. You need to see it on the field. Do you have a good secondary on paper? Sure.

But, statistically, and scarily, the Packers had a better secondary than you guys last year. On paper, ours is even worse that it was last year.

But, that's why they play the game.

V4L
03-28-2005, 05:34 PM
The Ravens are better... Rolle Mcallister Reed.. much better then ours..

soljaofjesus
03-28-2005, 08:11 PM
Hello first time poster redskins fan here..

Just wanted to say you can have the best secondary in the league but it doesn't help if your front 7 can' tget pressure on the QB.. ITS ALL ABOUT THE REDSKINSD 2005 BABY!! We coming for that number 1 spot!!!!

Smoot will be missed but WATCHOUT everyone will be scared to death to face our entire defense.. What defense can hit harder then ... Lavar Arrington, Marcus Washington, Shawn Springs, SEAN TAYLOR, Mike Barrow, Matt Bowen!! and if we get carlos rodgers or shawn merriman.. thats even better

I will admit you have improved drastically, but until these guys get some chemistry togetheir... :roll:

soljaofjesus
03-28-2005, 08:13 PM
o yea.. thanks for ur time ;)

GreenBaySlackers
03-28-2005, 08:22 PM
"soljaofjesus" wrote:

Just wanted to say you can have the best secondary in the league but it doesn't help if your front 7 can' tget pressure on the QB.. ITS ALL ABOUT THE REDSKINSD 2005 BABY!! We coming for that number 1 spot!!!!

Smoot will be missed but WATCHOUT everyone will be scared to death to face our entire defense.. What defense can hit harder then ... Lavar Arrington, Marcus Washington, Shawn Springs, SEAN TAYLOR, Mike Barrow, Matt Bowen!! and if we get carlos rodgers or shawn merriman.. thats even better

I will admit you have improved drastically, but until these guys get some chemistry togetheir... :roll:

hmm u must not be thinking about our all-pro DT, our DE with 10.5 sacks last year, and 2 new, young fast LB's... hmmm... if that cant get pressure on the QB... what can?

Vikes
03-28-2005, 08:28 PM
Ravens or Miami.

cajunvike
03-28-2005, 09:06 PM
"soljaofjesus" wrote:

Yeah, I look forward to getting all those free Redskins tickets from my firm...when the Redskins season tanks again early in the season next year! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just clowning with you, dude...I want to see the 'Skins do well next year...especially in the NFC East matchups (particularly the two Dallas games)...but not well enough to top the Vikes in the playoffs!

PAvikesfan
03-28-2005, 09:10 PM
we will have a top 5 secondary... and our safeties will play much better with smoot and a better D line. they will not have to help out so much.

michaelmazid
03-28-2005, 09:18 PM
"soljaofjesus" wrote:

I specifically mentioned "secondary". I never said that we have the best defense in the league. Pound for pound I am willing to match our secondary against the redskins secondary any day of the week. :pottytrain5: Here is what I think of the redskins.

brandsp
03-28-2005, 09:40 PM
Couple things here. Secondary wise, yeah we should be much better. Not as good as the Ravens, Miami, or them darn Eagles. 50/50 on the last. But Chuck Knox Jr. taking over the coverages, should help. Gotta have the LB on the same page with the DBs. That hurt us alot last year. Look at the Pats. Their LBs in coverage made those rookie and 2nd and 3rd string DBs look good.

thepacksux
03-28-2005, 09:46 PM
chuck knox jr. is the son of the former head coach right????

michaelmazid
03-28-2005, 10:24 PM
"thepacksux" wrote:

chuck knox jr. is the son of the former head coach right????

who is that? does he work for the vikings now?

Ltrey33
03-28-2005, 10:42 PM
why did the guy who started this thread feel the need to come and tell us that? Lookout...here come the Redskins! With our crappy quarterback position and underachieving high-paid players...woowoo! Sorry...

By the by, we do have a front 7 that can put pressure on the QB...AKA Kenechi Udeze, P-Will and K-Will.

sitandbehitski
03-28-2005, 11:17 PM
The 'skins have Sean Taylor and that's about it in the secondary. Springs is getting up there in the years and has declined the last couple of years, Bowen's average, and Walt Harris (the replacement of smoot as of right now) is like 32. They do have kick @$$ linebackers and a tough defense, but their secondary isn't exactly the heart and soule of it.

michaelmazid
03-29-2005, 03:50 AM
"sitandbehitski" wrote:

The 'skins have Sean Taylor and that's about it in the secondary. Springs is getting up there in the years and has declined the last couple of years, Bowen's average, and Walt Harris (the replacement of smoot as of right now) is like 32. They do have kick @$$ linebackers and a tough defense, but their secondary isn't exactly the heart and soule of it.

Dont forget they have the number 1 offense in the league. NOT

KY Vike
03-29-2005, 04:03 AM
if the fins keep surtain then they still have a top 5 secondary as well except their run defense sucks. i say we are not top 5 but at least 10.

GreenBaySlackers
03-29-2005, 04:04 AM
"KY Vike" wrote:

if the fins keep surtain then they still have a top 5 secondary as well except their run defense sucks. i say we are not top 5 but at least 10.

what are you smoking... Jtaylor and Ztohmas autamaticly make their run D strong

KY Vike
03-29-2005, 04:08 AM
wow nice try greenbayslackers...what are you smoking...

fins ranked 31st in run defense in 2004. 2nd in pass defense.

hailtocarter
03-29-2005, 11:25 AM
hey as long as we're not 28th in D next year......

soljaofjesus
03-29-2005, 09:16 PM
"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:

"soljaofjesus" wrote:

hmm u must not be thinking about our all-pro DT, our DE with 10.5 sacks last year, and 2 new, young fast LB's... hmmm... if that cant get pressure on the QB... what can?

fast doesn't mean anything if you don't have the heart for the game (not saying they do or don't)

soljaofjesus
03-29-2005, 09:17 PM
"hailtocarter" wrote:

hey as long as we're not 28th in D next year......

wow 28th?

PurpleElf
03-29-2005, 09:26 PM
If we have a defense that doesnt give up 300+ yards a game ill be happy. Im just sick of watching teams go up and down the field.

But as I look at it now with the additions in the secondary the potential is there to be a top 5. But theres that word POTENTIAL. Which ive been hearing from Winter Park for oh 6-7 years?

collegeguyjeff
03-30-2005, 12:07 AM
"vikingstw" wrote:

too bad baltimore has such a crappy offense they won't be able to win the superbowl again ha ha.

cajunvike
03-30-2005, 12:30 AM
Our safeties will have better years...benefiting from both the improved play of the CBs and the DL...the improved pass rush will cause good things to happen for the Vikings D...and bad things for our opponents!!!