PDA

View Full Version : steve loney

smootloot
03-24-2005, 05:59 PM
anyone worried that the culpeps #'s will slow down with a new offensive coordinator? or is it better to start clean without moss?

sitandbehitski
03-24-2005, 06:01 PM
His #'s will be lower because he won't have to score 30 points just to keep it close, plus we'll have a better run game (hopefully). He's still just as good but I don't give a f#$% if his numbers are lower as long as we keep winning. (and I doubt Daunte cares either)

jackyl
03-24-2005, 06:04 PM
I don't care if Pep's personal numbers go down, as long as the number of wins goes up.

Del Rio
03-24-2005, 06:11 PM
Jackyl just curious when I first came on here too long ago it seems I remember you being a Cowboy fan but liking the Vikes. So comon tell us the Vikes are your favorite team :grin:

Bubba Jed
03-24-2005, 06:11 PM
I'll agree with that. As long as the wins increase and the chocking doesn't become an issue with us at the end of the season then it doesn't matter.

JimFlyinsaucer
03-24-2005, 06:14 PM
You want numbers? Get Peyton Manning.

jackyl
03-24-2005, 06:16 PM
:lol: Del Rio. I still like the Cowboys, have since I was a kid... It's just that after getting to know so many people in and around the team it's difficult to not cheer for them. Ya know.

ultravikingfan
03-24-2005, 06:30 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"jackyl" wrote:

I personally wouldn't be caught dead in beige, tan or anything close to it. I do like the yellow one because it's different.... don't see a ton of people wearing a yellow hat everyday. My personal favorite Vikings hat, is one I bought up here. All black, and the Norseman logo is embroidered in black as well.

The transformation of Jackyl from the "Dark Side" is steadily taking shape! :lol:

:lol:

XTAP59
03-24-2005, 06:32 PM
"smootloot" wrote:

anyone worried that the culpeps #'s will slow down with a new offensive coordinator? or is it better to start clean without moss?

His numbers will drop because of Randy Moss not being there. Moss' numbers are the best ever for a wide receiver so unless we draft a WR that matches that output and commands that amount of field presence, Peps numbers will be lower.

However, if our defense comes together, and they should, we will win more games than last year.

jackyl
03-24-2005, 06:35 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

The transformation of Jackyl from the "Dark Side" is steadily taking shape! :lol:

LMAO

I've followed the team closely since '92... so it's still be a LONG transformation. :blackeye:

ultravikingfan
03-24-2005, 06:42 PM
"jackyl" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

LMAO

I've followed the team closely since '92... so it's still be a LONG transformation. :blackeye:

We've got all the time in the world! :wink:

jackyl
03-24-2005, 06:47 PM
LOL :lol:

midgensa
03-24-2005, 07:16 PM
I don't really see his numbers declining all that much.
Sure, it is unlikely he throws for 4,700 yards again, but honestly, would he have been expected to do that anyways? I think his QB rating (which is a good way to measure QB's other than wins) will still exceed 100.0 because of his great accuracy and willinginess to check down.
If he can get rid of the belief that the game is all on his shoulders late in games and not force anything and end up with fumbles/Ints, I could easily see him throwing 35 TDs and going for 4,400 yds, which really is not a decline considering everyone only has one career year and last year was likely his numbers wise.

sabatajh
03-24-2005, 08:36 PM
Its kind of hard for your number not to decline when statisticaly you were as good as pep was last year. So yes i say his numbers will drop. not because of moss but because last year for pep was amazing. But being a QB in the NFL does't revolve around Numbers Its all about game managment which i think he will excel at this year. It makes it easier to check down when you dont have a saftey blanket like moss.

2beersTommy
03-24-2005, 08:39 PM
WINS are the name of the game..NOT personal stats

briboy75
03-24-2005, 09:26 PM
"smootloot" wrote:

no, but i'm worried they will slow down without Moss.

briboy75
03-24-2005, 09:28 PM
"JimFlyinsaucer" wrote:

You want numbers, don't trade moss... too late.

ultravikingfan
03-24-2005, 09:54 PM
"briboy75" wrote:

"JimFlyinsaucer" wrote:

You want numbers, don't trade moss... too late.

I want wins! :cheers:

JimFlyinsaucer
03-24-2005, 10:54 PM
"2beersTommy" wrote:

WINS are the name of the game..NOT personal statsAbsolutely right, Tommy.

ultravikingfan
03-25-2005, 12:10 AM
I could care less if we put up big numbers or had any Pro Bowlers. Yes, that stuff is nice. But with wins and championships we will have what we have never had before! Screw the numbers, I want rings!

collegeguyjeff
03-25-2005, 01:06 AM
i think his numbers will be lower, not cause moss is gone but because we can play more consertative. but when we have a play maker like burleson who can score anywhere on the field and he isn't scared to catch the ball anywhere culpeppers numbers will continue to be high.

plus we were averaging 30 points a game when moss was gone, and having kleinsasser with wiggins on the field will be even more dangerous, so culpeppers numbers will still be high.

collegeguyjeff
03-25-2005, 01:07 AM
get peyton manning, yeah right that is stupid, culpepper is the best all around quarter back in the nfl and nobody can say otherwise.

only reason manning does so good is cause the colts put all their money into their offense just like the packers do.

so-cal vike
03-25-2005, 01:17 AM
"smootloot" wrote:

1st: It depends on which numbers you're talking about. I'm sure his TD passes, attempts, and total yards will probably drop, but I think his comp %, win %, and his QB rating will fall in the top 5.

2nd: It's not as if Loney came from a different system. He's already an insider and he and Pep should work well together.

3rd: The loss of Randy dictates the need for a new offensive coordinator. Linehan wouldn't know what to do without him and Loney has never had to focus on him. A clean start is best.

AntiPacker4lyfe
03-25-2005, 02:42 PM
his #'s will deffinatly be a lil lower w/out moss. but i think that looney toon won be as controling as linahan. this will alow daunte to run the offence w/ more confidence

ndakvikefan
03-25-2005, 09:12 PM
I think his TD's may be down some and his yards. On the other hand his completion percentage and his QB rating will be better with the improved defense and running game

JimFlyinsaucer
03-26-2005, 12:39 PM
"ndakvikefan" wrote:

I think his TD's may be down some and his yards. On the other hand his completion percentage and his QB rating will be better with the improved defense and running gameDidn't he complete 69%? That's pretty unreal. I don't think you can really do much better than that.

ultravikingfan
03-26-2005, 02:48 PM
"JimFlyinsaucer" wrote:

"ndakvikefan" wrote:

I think his TD's may be down some and his yards. On the other hand his completion percentage and his QB rating will be better with the improved defense and running gameDidn't he complete 69%? That's pretty unreal. I don't think you can really do much better than that.

70% :lol: