PDA

View Full Version : jungle dwelers

michaelmazid
03-24-2005, 08:36 AM
Is there any jungle dwelers on this board. That means fans of the jim rome show for you non dwelers. I have been listening to rome since 1995 and I love his show. I just hate the fact that he doesn't talk about football enough.

ultravikingfan
03-24-2005, 08:57 AM
I listen to him for an hour of a few times during the week.

He is ok. Sometimes lame, sometimes funny. They come up with the pretty funny sayings on the show.

LosAngelis
03-24-2005, 09:12 AM
Most of you probably don't remember this, but Jim Rome did some stupid bit with Jim Everett (QB-Rams) back in the 80s or 90s...tried to intentionally humiliate him on the show (called him "Chrissy", after the female tennis player).

Everett got up and grabbed him, Rome fell over like a rag doll, then sat and whined about his victimization for the next couple of weeks.

I've had no respect for him ever since. I listen to him on ESPN radio before the local coverage kicks in. He's just a tool, as far as I'm concerned.

ultravikingfan
03-24-2005, 09:23 AM
The guy on the Fox pregame show who does little skits did one making impersonating Rome. It was hilarious!

jackyl
03-24-2005, 09:26 AM
I liked him in 95-97 ish..... his act got really old to me after that though.

LosAngelis
03-24-2005, 10:20 AM
Is it just me, or are "rants" something that you just can't pull out of a hat, every single day, without sounding fake or old?

PurpleAndy
03-24-2005, 10:26 AM
Dude, Rome is epic. I do not know what you are talking about.

If you are going to post, please do not suck

If you suck you will get run.

By J-Stew

Out

Caine
03-24-2005, 11:21 AM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

Most of you probably don't remember this, but Jim Rome did some stupid bit with Jim Everett (QB-Rams) back in the 80s or 90s...tried to intentionally humiliate him on the show (called him "Chrissy", after the female tennis player).

Everett got up and grabbed him, Rome fell over like a rag doll, then sat and whined about his victimization for the next couple of weeks.

I've had no respect for him ever since. I listen to him on ESPN radio before the local coverage kicks in. He's just a tool, as far as I'm concerned.

I saw that too, and thought pretty much the same thing. Rome is a twit. I hate pansies who hide behind cameras or laws and run their pie-holes. I wish Everett had really smacked him around.

As soon as Rome grows a set of cajones and backs up his mouth, maybe I'll pay attention to him. Until then, he's just another little man with a microphone, and the world has quite enough of those already.

Caine

MarqVikesfaninva
03-24-2005, 11:28 AM
Yeah that was so funny. Jim goes "Im gonna bet that you dont call me chris again" and Rome says "I bet I do....Chris" and Jim pounced on him

cajunvike
03-24-2005, 11:32 AM
"PurpleAndy" wrote:

Dude, Rome is epic. I do not know what you are talking about.

If you are going to post, please do not suck

If you suck you will get run.

By J-Stew

Out

Are these quotes from his show or his message board?

thepacksux
03-24-2005, 11:33 AM
Lets pause for a moment................That was a PHENOMENAL pause........

GQVikesfan
03-24-2005, 11:35 AM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

You mean this?

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/jimeverett.mpg

cajunvike
03-24-2005, 11:42 AM
"GQVikesfan" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

You mean this?

Yeah, I hated Romey for that, but he got the a$$kickin' that he deserved!!!!

I have some funny Romey stories though...at least funny to me!

LosAngelis
03-24-2005, 11:57 AM
"GQVikesfan" wrote:

You mean this?

That'd be it. The trouble is, that segment is the ONLY reason Rome still has a show. Otherwise, his 15 minutes were up a long time ago.

*&#$^@%# Smarmy little weasel...that just irritates me seeing it again. Jim Rome couldn't hold Everett's jockstrap, and he proved it there. He baited him into some free pub for himself.

PurpleAndy
03-24-2005, 12:08 PM
He looks like Harry Shearer without his goatee.

PurpleAndy
03-24-2005, 12:08 PM
He looks like Harry Shearer without his goatee.

ultravikingfan
03-24-2005, 03:35 PM
Ha ha, that is great! What a punk!

Even though Everett is a QB, he's a lot bigger than Rome!

duffVIkEs
03-24-2005, 06:45 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

Ya los I remeber that, there are videos clips of it on the internet like ebaums or something. Jim Everett is a really nice guy he lives in my neighborhood, and does alot of good things with the local church. Ive never had the balls to bring up the Jim Rome incident though.

LosAngelis
03-24-2005, 07:02 PM
"duffVIkEs" wrote:

Ya los I remeber that, there are videos clips of it on the internet like ebaums or something. Jim Everett is a really nice guy he lives in my neighborhood, and does alot of good things with the local church. Ive never had the balls to bring up the Jim Rome incident though.

LOL, I probably wouldn't. He always seemed like a great guy. I had him on my first fantasy teams.

I think the worst thing about the incident was that Everett's career went south after that. I think all the pub and questions got to him a little bit.

renovikesfan
03-24-2005, 07:39 PM
I'll listen to his show every once in awhile...but he's definitely one of those I can only take in small doses. Two things that really annoy me with his show:

1) His pauses that make it seem like his show went off the air all of a sudden. I thought one of the biggest rules in radio was NO dead air time?

2) The majority of his "rants" aren't much more than a simple thought, repeated several different times in several different sentence structures. Is that so he makes sure ALL of his clones are able to understand what he's saying? LOL

Truth be told, I think it's actually his callers and Emails that make his show interesting and funny...but I guess any radio show has to have a monkey to push the buttons, right?

2beersTommy
03-24-2005, 07:40 PM
Jim Rome IS God ! lol

Paulbedy59
03-25-2005, 12:09 AM
I remember that incident with Everett.Yeah he was a pussy cat.(see if thats censored).And yep since then I don,t care for the lousy fake... :bootyshake:

michaelmazid
03-25-2005, 12:57 AM
Does anyone have that clip (of christy everet beating up jim rome)? Where can I find it?

vikings_fan66
03-25-2005, 01:13 AM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

Does anyone have that clip (of christy everet beating up jim rome)? Where can I find it?

The link is on the first page of this thread

But here the link is.

michaelmazid
03-25-2005, 09:43 AM
"vikings_fan66" wrote:

"michaelmazid" wrote:

The link is on the first page of this thread

But here the link is.

Thanks, That was Awesome. Romey can be a jerk sometimes. I would have just clocked him if I was Jim Everett. Forget all pushing.