PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Williams

viks_fan21
03-22-2005, 11:22 PM
Has anyone noticed how little you hear about Kevin Williams(from non-vikings fans). We know how good he is because we watch him every Sunday, but i don't think that he gets the respect he deserves from fans around the league.

Agree or Disagree?

magicci
03-22-2005, 11:23 PM
agree

Paulbedy59
03-22-2005, 11:25 PM
Yes and no,he may not be known or get credit from your average joe.But those that know thier shit know who he is and how good he is.But yeah if he was playing in New York or some place like that he would already be the second coming.. :salute:

finnishvikingsfan
03-22-2005, 11:26 PM
I agree with that.

Articnv
03-22-2005, 11:26 PM
he dosnt get teh credit he desrves till thsi yr when fat pat weill make him shine )

vikes09
03-22-2005, 11:29 PM
i have no idea why he doesnt. once he gets amazing numbers then he will get the recognition he deserves.

Articnv
03-22-2005, 11:35 PM
tihsi will eb the year he gets teh credit he deserves as he will be along side fat pat and media wont be worried about hovan any more as he is gone.

TheAnimal93
03-22-2005, 11:50 PM
We shouldnt have wasted a pick on this schmuck!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

vikes09
03-22-2005, 11:52 PM
your telling me.

kramer9guy
03-22-2005, 11:54 PM
Kevin Williams is the best D-lineman on our team since John Randle IMO.

ultravikingfan
03-22-2005, 11:55 PM
It seems the age of the DT dominating is over. Everybody is more caught-up in LB's and hard-hitting Safties.

olson_10
03-22-2005, 11:56 PM
strongly agree!..u hear absolutely nothing about him during the season or after it..he was absoltuely dominant for the last 2 years..i was suprised that they actually gave him a probowl spot, so at least he got his due credit there, but i definintely think he deserves to be mentioned with the ELITE defensive linemen of the nfl

briboy75
03-23-2005, 12:03 AM
I don't get why people think our players don't get the respect they deseve. He started in the pro bowl. I hear talk about him. Maybe if he ran over a cop, mooned some fans, ans sqirted an offical you'd hear his name more. If you don't make a lot of noise you are going to get as noticed. Is this really something to be concerned about? Look at new england.

ultravikingfan
03-23-2005, 12:05 AM
I don't mind. We'll just fly under the radar and WHAM!!! Super Bowl champs! :salute:

Paulbedy59
03-23-2005, 12:16 AM
Not only did he get a pro bowl spot,But I believe he ended up being all-pro too.At least I,m pretty sure he did... :salute:

Angryviking
03-23-2005, 12:28 AM
It always seems like players that play for Minnesota, that are great players and deserve a lot more attention. Don't get it just cuz they play for Minnesota instead of NY or LA, it really makes me mad that it isn't until a player has preformed great 2-3 yrs in a row in Minnesota before someone starts talking bout them, but in NY and LA anybody who has one good season gets talked about. that's just how it seems to me

collegeguyjeff
03-23-2005, 12:50 AM
kevin williams and jenkins from carolina are the best 2 def tackles in the entire league. i think williams is the best; i wish we had another player that could play like him. atleast hovan is gone he wasn't 1/3 of kevins skill.

briboy75
03-23-2005, 11:55 AM
"Paulbedy59" wrote:

Not only did he get a pro bowl spot,But I believe he ended up being all-pro too.At least I,m pretty sure he did... :salute:

Yes he did. If wanyone really thinks he doesn't get respect, they don't pay attention to football.

I think people are confusing "not getting respect", with "not getting in the media". You get respect by your play, you get in the media by getting arrested, squirting officals, walking off the field early, ect.

Kevin Williams is well respected.

ultravikingfan
03-23-2005, 12:01 PM
NFL 2004 All-Pro link

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2005-01-06-all-pro-roster_x.htm

I wonder why the 2nd team QB was left vacant? Guess they did not want to give DC his props! :mad:

snowinapril
03-23-2005, 12:10 PM
"briboy75" wrote:

"Paulbedy59" wrote:

Yes he did. If wanyone really thinks he doesn't get respect, they don't pay attention to football.

I think people are confusing "not getting respect", with "not getting in the media". You get respect by your play, you get in the media by getting arrested, squirting officals, walking off the field early, ect.

Kevin Williams is well respected.

I think you are right Briboy, but I think the thread was respect = media coverage. He is not a Warren Sapp like player that gets and looks for tons of Media. But he does get respect. The anouncers alway gave him props during the game. He just doesn't get the news print coveragecause he hasn't been around long enough and hasn't made a lasting impression just yet.

ElBarto
03-23-2005, 12:24 PM
Breaking Favre in half next year and forcing him to finally miss a start would be one way of making a lasting impression. :lol:

Bubba Jed
03-23-2005, 12:35 PM
Heck you don't even have to be good to get media coverage in NY and LA. Take a look at Eli Manning. Especially in the beginning of the year.

carta4eva
03-23-2005, 12:52 PM
mark my words, by the end of this year people will be saying," Kevin Williams, best defensive lineman in football!"

PurplePeopleEaters
03-23-2005, 05:27 PM
(I believe he is the bast pass rushing tackle in the NFL by far.

V4L
03-23-2005, 05:31 PM
yah the second best i think is Shaun Rogers.. Jenkins is close but his best season doesnt come close to any of k-wills seasons... 10+ sacks 70 tackles Td's picks he gets its all!

finnishvikingsfan
03-23-2005, 05:32 PM
I think most of us Minnesota fans are mad because our "superstar" players dont get the attetion most of us would like to see. I think most of the big market teams like the Redskins, Cowboys, and yankees get more attetion because they are more of the "American" team. The Espns of the nation try and get to a general audience. Yeah a lot of the good players on teams like the vikings they dont get the coverage they deserve but the coachs and players in the leauge respect those guys.

ultravikingfan
03-23-2005, 05:33 PM
"finnishvikingsfan" wrote:

I think most of us Minnesota fans are mad because our "superstar" players dont get the attetion most of us would like to see. I think most of the big market teams like the Redskins, Cowboys, and yankees get more attetion because they are more of the "American" team. The Espns of the nation try and get to a general audience. Yeah a lot of the good players on teams like the vikings they dont get the coverage they deserve but the coachs and players in the leauge respect those guys.

Agreed. But we are considered small market. But, Moss got plenty of media attention. Just not the kind we wanted.

thepacksux
03-23-2005, 06:01 PM
shaun rogers may be fourth after williams/jenkins/seymour (not in any particular order)

KY Vike
03-23-2005, 06:46 PM
he gets enough respect to earn a pro bowl spot...what else could you ask for. he doesn't get any media attention because only those who have untouchable numbers or do stupid things end up on sportscenter.

viks_fan21
03-23-2005, 07:08 PM
Yeah, he gets respect it is just that, ask a non-vikings fan who the elite DT's in the game are. Very few think of K-will as an elite.

Paulbedy59
03-23-2005, 07:30 PM
The best example of the new York thing that comes to my mind was Jason Sehorn,he sucked,but he had nice hair and played for New York yet I got sick of hearing about him.On the other side,Curtis martin is a first rate player and person and yet really,you don,t hear about him as much as you probaly should.. :salute: