PDA

View Full Version : More signs Vikings may move to LA?

03-22-2005, 06:21 PM
I hope I'm wrong, b/c I don't want to see the team move but...

Today, I heard Tagliabue talk about stadiums throughout the league, and he said things about wanting to get a team to LA. When he talked about which teams may need new stadiums, the 3 teams he mentioned were Raiders, Chargers and Niners. Never mentioned the Viking's need for a new stadium...

vikings minnesoulija
03-22-2005, 06:27 PM
Then by your info he never mentioned tha Colts who need a new statidum or tha Saints also.

TheFloridianVikingFan
03-22-2005, 06:29 PM
thats good, right?

kramer9guy
03-22-2005, 06:31 PM
Actually, I believe he also said Dallas and Indianapolis already have tentative stadium plans for sometime in the future.

vikings minnesoulija
03-22-2005, 06:31 PM
Maybe?

madvike
03-22-2005, 06:40 PM
I hope Taylor gets the team because hes got the cash to build the new stadium himself.

ultravikingfan
03-22-2005, 06:49 PM
"madvike" wrote:

I hope Taylor gets the team because hes got the cash to build the new stadium himself.

I hope he knows to weld and frame! :lol:

madvike
03-22-2005, 06:55 PM
never thought about that. Ill help

NordicNed
03-22-2005, 07:18 PM
I just don't see the Vikes leaving Minny...

They pack the house every game. But it would be nice to see them get a new stadium, in Minny that is.

I don't understand, if the league wants a team or teams in a new Area, Like LA.....Why don't they expand the league itself?...

I say, add two to four more teams......

RK.
03-22-2005, 07:23 PM
Its not going to be that easy to get a team to go to LA. Not after Al Davis's try when he moved the Raiders a few years back. The NFL wants it because of the advertising revenue from a huge metro base. The problem is that LA fans just don't support football teams very well. If they did the Rams would still be there. :)

Purple Dragoon
03-22-2005, 07:40 PM
I think it would be a shame and a sham if any NFL team was moved to LA. How many times has the NFL tried and failed there now? 3 times at least? As said before many times by many people, LA doesn't want the NFL, the NFL wants LA.

Why should any team's fans get royally screwed over for their patronage, and see their team get moved to a town that doesn't really care about the NFL?

If the Vikings got moved to LA, I would stop watching the NFL. Its as simple as that.

IbleedPURPLEandGOLD
03-22-2005, 07:54 PM
i know...everyone send Glen Taylor $50 bucks. If everyone donates on this site...shit, we could raise a couple thousand.

Mr. Purple
03-22-2005, 08:00 PM
Thier not leaving...its all rumors...I promise to all of you thier not leaving anytime soon at all

PurplePeopleEaters
03-22-2005, 08:05 PM
Move the raiders back to LA. Damn.

ultravikingfan
03-22-2005, 11:02 PM
Just to offer another perspective, tell that to the Brown's and Colt's fans.

I hate to admit it, but Cleveland is richer in football heritage than the Vikes.

Angryviking
03-22-2005, 11:31 PM
"madvike" wrote:

Anybody care if it's an outdoor stadium or indoor. i personally would love to c the vikes play outside. I wish i had been around for the old stadium, wasn't it called the Metropolitan or something like that?

collegeguyjeff
03-22-2005, 11:48 PM
the nfl wants to expand the league, umm not really, the league wants to make more money.

expanding the league would turn the nfl into the next nhl or nba, the talent will be real thin.

the vikings won't move, plus taglibue probably didn't mention the vikings cause we will have a new owner and i think he knows how much we hate red mccombs. plus faglibue knows that fowler is willing to spend money which makes the vikings more competetive in the playoffs.

i think the saints should be moved they just plain suck. or move san fran they sucked ever since what 8-10 years ago?

ultravikingfan
03-22-2005, 11:49 PM
I see the Saints if anybody is going to move.

cajunvike
03-22-2005, 11:55 PM
Just move the Raidahs back to LA...keep everybody happy...Cali doesn't get another team and the 49ers have the Bay Area all to themselves. MLB should move the A's to Las Vegas as well...the Bay Area doesn't deserve more than one team from each league in the area!

hailtocarter
03-23-2005, 01:03 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Just move the Raidahs back to LA...keep everybody happy...Cali doesn't get another team and the 49ers have the Bay Area all to themselves. MLB should move the A's to Las Vegas as well...the Bay Area doesn't deserve more than one team from each league in the area!

Hey leave the bay alone.....j/k I just love goin to the A's Twins game with my huge TWINS WE LOVE YOU banner!

ElBarto
03-23-2005, 05:40 AM
This was probably posted elsewhere but I'll do it anyway :smile:

From StarTribune

Meanwhile, Tagliabue said he recently has spoken with prominent Minnesota leaders "who are in the public sector" about the team's stadium situation. He said he plans to "lend our assistance" to promoting the issue during a visit next month to Anoka County.

The very last paragraph (http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5305877.html)

Caine
03-23-2005, 07:56 AM
"ElBarto" wrote:

This was probably posted elsewhere but I'll do it anyway :smile:

From StarTribune

Meanwhile, Tagliabue said he recently has spoken with prominent Minnesota leaders "who are in the public sector" about the team's stadium situation. He said he plans to "lend our assistance" to promoting the issue during a visit next month to Anoka County.

The very last paragraph (http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5305877.html)

Paul Tagliabue lending his assistance:

"Please, build a new stadium so the Vikings can stay. Oh, and by the way, did I mention how nice the weather is in California? You really should visit."

I'll believe he has the Vikings best interest at heart the day he makes me the CEO of the NFL and I have access to all the relevant documentation.

Caine

Vikes
03-23-2005, 08:42 AM
"404" wrote:

Today, I heard Tagliabue talk about stadiums throughout the league, and he said things about wanting to get a team to LA. When he talked about which teams may need new stadiums, the 3 teams he mentioned were Raiders, Chargers and Niners. Never mentioned the Viking's need for a new stadium...

The Vikes are not moving. Why would they it's not like the Vikes are not somewhat profitable. The season sells out each year. Why would you move a team with that going? Owners always want a bigger stadium. Look at the owner of the Falcons there stadium was build in 92 and the owner is crying about needing more skyboxes. Whine Whine Whine. The Vikings are NOT moving to LA or any other city.

DemonicViking
03-23-2005, 09:35 AM
Move the Jets to L.A. so I don't have to hear any more New Yorker's cry about the possibility of a West Side Stadium being built.

ultravikingfan
03-23-2005, 10:00 AM
"Vikes" wrote:

"404" wrote:

The Vikes are not moving. Why would they it's not like the Vikes are not somewhat profitable. The season sells out each year. Why would you move a team with that going? Owners always want a bigger stadium. Look at the owner of the Falcons there stadium was build in 92 and the owner is crying about needing more skyboxes. Whine Whine Whine. The Vikings are NOT moving to LA or any other city.

Just because a team sells out does not mean they are making serious cash. The Browns always sold out, and they have a lot more heritage than us.
One of the biggest reasons is Luxury Boxes is not a shared revenue amongst the teams. That stays with the owner. Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but thats what I have heard.

cajunvike
03-23-2005, 10:12 AM
"hailtocarter" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

Hey leave the bay alone.....j/k I just love goin to the A's Twins game with my huge TWINS WE LOVE YOU banner!

Sorry, but the population base doesn't really justify two MLB teams, two NFL teams and one NBA team...maybe they could move the Giants and let the A's play in SBC (that way you could still see the Twins play)!

Anahiem_Vikings
04-01-2005, 11:16 PM
I think there is more going on that the public does not know. This is high stakes poker.
LA has two hole cards:
Stadium(?) and new owner(?)

The Vikings are showing a low dollar owner and a potential new low dollar group of owners. They have a draw which is a last minute stadium offer by the state legislature.

Stakes will be going up as the stadium lease expiration gets closer.

I don't think LA new stadium will get funded without commitment of a team. NFL will make that commitment. New Viking owner with NFL permission can play LA against Minnesota in a bidding war. The cost/stakes are going to get higher month after month.