PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody seen this about the sale?



Bubba Jed
03-22-2005, 11:24 AM
What does everyone think?
NFL owners seem to like Arizona businessman Reggie Fowler, who has a $625 million bid to buy the Vikings. Though he's not attending these owners meetings, his bid is simple. If he sells his company SATCO, valued around $300 million, he will have enough cash to fund the 30 percent investment he needs to buy the Vikings. Until the company is sold and the money is in the bank, the NFL owners can't vote on him. Nothing is expected to happen until May at the earliest. ... I got this from ESPN.com

cajunvike
03-22-2005, 11:58 AM
Dump that fool and get Taylor...we don't need this kind of drama!

ultravikingfan
03-22-2005, 01:46 PM
Taylor!!!! :cheers:

IbleedPURPLEandGOLD
03-22-2005, 03:03 PM
Glen Taylor :salute:

smootpepper
03-22-2005, 03:13 PM
yeah, i dont think fowler is the type of owner that we are hoping for. he will prob pull a norm green on us in the next couple years. I think taylor is the way to go.

JimFlyinsaucer
03-22-2005, 05:30 PM
My guess is the sale goes through. If it wasn't, there's no way Red would be handing out this much of his own money.

smootpepper
03-22-2005, 05:43 PM
someone on the espn boards posted this link about fowler and the sale of the team. its just a blog but it has some good points.

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/archives/maasx003/Vikings/018018.html

Webby
03-22-2005, 06:22 PM
Nice.....I wish Taylor would take it for the comfort level...but never can tell. We thought Red would be fantastic he was so enthusiastic the first year...maybe Fowler turns out to be a dream owner?

madvike
03-22-2005, 06:42 PM
Taylor = new stadium= we dont move

JimFlyinsaucer
03-22-2005, 08:35 PM
I think Taylor's ability to get a new stadium is vastly overrated. No matter whp the new owner is, the situation is unchanged. The state has the team by the balls and there is no reason to let go, at least not before 2010.

whackthepack
03-23-2005, 11:03 AM
"Bubba Jed" wrote:

What does everyone think?
NFL owners seem to like Arizona businessman Reggie Fowler, who has a $625 million bid to buy the Vikings. Though he's not attending these owners meetings, his bid is simple. If he sells his company SATCO, valued around $300 million, he will have enough cash to fund the 30 percent investment he needs to buy the Vikings. Until the company is sold and the money is in the bank, the NFL owners can't vote on him. Nothing is expected to happen until May at the earliest. ... I got this from ESPN.com


Actually he is selling 1/4 of SATCO for 300 million, he reportedly has 30 companies. If that is true than he really might have enough to buy the Vikes.

But I do not trust that he will keep the Vikes in Minnesotas.

collegeguyjeff
03-23-2005, 06:14 PM
i want taylor, plus fowler isn't selling his company, he is selling part of it.

collegeguyjeff
03-23-2005, 06:15 PM
"JimFlyinsaucer" wrote:

I think Taylor's ability to get a new stadium is vastly overrated. No matter whp the new owner is, the situation is unchanged. The state has the team by the balls and there is no reason to let go, at least not before 2010.

thats not true, taylor got the target center passed he can get a stadium for the vikings passed cause he knows what he is doing.

JimFlyinsaucer
03-23-2005, 06:22 PM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

"JimFlyinsaucer" wrote:

I think Taylor's ability to get a new stadium is vastly overrated. No matter whp the new owner is, the situation is unchanged. The state has the team by the balls and there is no reason to let go, at least not before 2010.

thats not true, taylor got the target center passed he can get a stadium for the vikings passed cause he knows what he is doing.I have no doubt he knows what he's doing, but a football or even a baseball stadium is a whole different animal than a basketball stadium (Forgive my ignorance. I'm assuming that's what the Target Center is). It's larger and way more expensive. And the state really has no reason to act immediately because of the lease agreement. I suppose Taylor could act completely on his own, but that's pretty unprecedented.