PDA

View Full Version : Moss to Show his Stuff In the thursday nite opener



vikez06
03-21-2005, 09:12 PM
KAPALUA, Hawaii -- The Super Bowl champion New England Patriots will open the season Sept. 8 with a home game against the Oakland Raiders and new wide receiver Randy Moss on ABC.

The Thursday night opener has become a tradition. This will be the fourth such opener, with the others played in Giants Stadium, FedEx Field and, last year, also at Gillette Stadium.

In announcing the opening weekend's national TV schedule, the league also placed the NFC champion Philadelphia Eagles on the road for the first Monday night game. Philadelphia will be at the Atlanta Falcons in a rematch of the NFC championship game as ABC begins its 36th season of MNF.

Also on the first weekend, the Indianapolis Colts will be at the Baltimore Ravens for the Sunday night game on ESPN, and the Dallas Cowboys visit the San Diego Chargers for the Fox afternoon doubleheader on Sunday, Sept. 11.

The remainder of the 2005 schedule will be announced next month, except for the Oct. 2 Sunday night game between the host Arizona Cardinals and San Francisco 49ers at Mexico City.

Time to see how he works with collins

JimFlyinsaucer
03-21-2005, 09:14 PM
Collins will look SO good with Randy catching the ball. And the media, being the Randy Haters that they are, will give ALL the credit to Collins.

vikez06
03-21-2005, 09:17 PM
yeah probably.... What Will moss do this year????
A ~ moon bare a$s
B ~ Walk off the field early again
C ~ Embaress himself on oakland TV ( im randy moss im rich biotch, 10 g aint nothing to me)

Webby
03-21-2005, 09:23 PM
I will be curious to see how he performs. One must assume he will have his usual stellar in-the-spotlight performance for that game; he thinks he ahs something to prove. It will be more telltale what happens as the team sputters than any one spotlight game.

briboy75
03-21-2005, 09:26 PM
Could be an iteresting game. I think Oakland is on the way up, and the Pats may be on the way down. It would be particularly interesting if Moss has a big game, which he has a reputation for doing on nationally televised games.

vikez06
03-21-2005, 09:27 PM
yes he does...

ultravikingfan
03-21-2005, 10:12 PM
He will and the Raiders will not fare well against New England. I do not see them on the way down. It will be a true test for the Raiders. But, I think they will get thumped.

snakethejake83
03-21-2005, 10:22 PM
Moss doesnt realize he left Minnesota only to end up in the same situation in Oakland, except at least here he had a pro-bowl quarterback. Good O, Bad D.

snowinapril
03-21-2005, 10:28 PM
"briboy75" wrote:

Could be an iteresting game. I think Oakland is on the way up, and the Pats may be on the way down. It would be particularly interesting if Moss has a big game, which he has a reputation for doing on nationally televised games.

W.W.M.D.......?????

Pats will be less this year with all their changes.

As far as OAK, they need to play better on D or they are going to be in the same boat they were in last year. They had a lot of great players on their team last year. They had more last year than we are going to have this year. They didn't play well as a team on D at all. There was a lot of finger pointing going on in the 2 games I watched last year.

ItalianStallion
03-21-2005, 10:30 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Randy had a great year but the raiders still suck.

michaelmazid
03-21-2005, 11:39 PM
"JimFlyinsaucer" wrote:

Collins will look SO good with Randy catching the ball. And the media, being the Randy Haters that they are, will give ALL the credit to Collins.

you are 100 percent right. I couldn't agree with you more.

OaklandVike
03-21-2005, 11:50 PM
Moss made Cunningham, George and Gus look like stars...Collins stock will rise for fantasy football. They have killer receivers now!

Now the Raiders may sell out a home game and I can watch them on TV...lookin on the bright side.

ultravikingfan
03-22-2005, 12:09 AM
"OaklandVike" wrote:

Moss made Cunningham, George and Gus look like stars...Collins stock will rise for fantasy football. They have killer receivers now!

Now the Raiders may sell out a home game and I can watch them on TV...lookin on the bright side.

Cunningham was made before he played for the Vikes. Just helped him start a new career, even though it was short. Did Carter help George or Cunningham?

OaklandVike
03-22-2005, 12:12 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"OaklandVike" wrote:

Moss made Cunningham, George and Gus look like stars...Collins stock will rise for fantasy football. They have killer receivers now!

Now the Raiders may sell out a home game and I can watch them on TV...lookin on the bright side.

Cunningham was made before he played for the Vikes. Just helped him start a new career, even though it was short. Did Carter help George or Cunningham?



Very true. My point was Randy makes QB's look better. Collins may have a really good year, especially with their lack of defense...a lot of passing.

vkstillidie
03-22-2005, 12:34 AM
Moss will be the factor in the shift of power in AFC this season and he gonna show it why at the season opener. No Pats gonna touch him when he make the catch 14 feet high on the air and land back in the endzone. We all use to see Gillette Stadium goin wild all the time but we gonna see it quiet this one time! :rr: :bootyshake:

vikez06
03-22-2005, 11:40 AM
Watch him be amazing in oakland and be put in the hall of fame as a raider

UTVikfan
03-22-2005, 11:55 AM
Watch the loss of an OC and DC in the same year catch up with the Patriots. Randy has something to prove. My guess is the Patriots don't make the playoffs next year. Belicheck may be gods gift to coaching, but even he isn't that good. For reference, see Jimmy Johnson, and Bill Parcells.

WI-ULT-MOSS-FAN
03-22-2005, 12:15 PM
Moss will have a great year as a Raider, they have him for the long sideline, porter for over the middle and Gabriel as their short 3rd option. Moss does indeed add to this powerful offense but as it has been said Defense wins championships offense sells tickets. Daunte grew alot from having Randy and he would not be anywhere near as good without him but I am personally thankful pep had him for the years he did because now he will be able to prove he can go on and git r done :salute: :rr:

snowinapril
03-22-2005, 12:43 PM
"OaklandVike" wrote:

Moss made Cunningham, George and Gus look like stars...Collins stock will rise for fantasy football. They have killer receivers now!

Now the Raiders may sell out a home game and I can watch them on TV...lookin on the bright side.

Maybe Oakland and LA needed Randy more than we did.

Maybe this will spark there Football interests and they can stop bringing up moving the Vikings.

Maybe that is why they moved Randy and raised the ticket prices, so that they can say well the attendance and popularity are down so we are moving the Vikings.

Yeah, Moss, Porter and Curry will make the Bay Area think that Collins is the second coming of Montana.

snowinapril
03-22-2005, 12:46 PM
"vikez06" wrote:

Watch him be amazing in oakland and be put in the hall of fame as a raider

I hope that he plays there for a few years and then makes his way back to MN to play his final years.

Also, I hope he doesn't win a championship until he comes back.

Wishful thinking on my part, only in a perfect world!

vikez06
03-22-2005, 03:20 PM
i like ur little signature on ur sigs SIAsig
i need to make one

VKG4LFE
03-22-2005, 04:11 PM
I can't wait!!

Paulbedy59
03-22-2005, 09:44 PM
One thing Collins does excell at is the deep ball,Randys specialty.I think he will do quite well this year.Did you notice how the nfl and the networks are always down on Moss but for the big opening day game they those 5-11 bums and put them in the spotlight AND advertise it as Randy Mosses Raider debut!! Frost me to no end.. :angryfire:

PurplePackerEater
03-22-2005, 10:31 PM
"snakethejake83" wrote:

Moss doesnt realize he left Minnesota only to end up in the same situation in Oakland, except at least here he had a pro-bowl quarterback. Good O, Bad D.

Maybe I'm not understanding you correctly, but It's not like Moss had a say in where he ended up. He was traded.

PurplePackerEater
03-22-2005, 10:33 PM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

"JimFlyinsaucer" wrote:

Collins will look SO good with Randy catching the ball. And the media, being the Randy Haters that they are, will give ALL the credit to Collins.

you are 100 percent right. I couldn't agree with you more.


I third that. :rr:

olson_10
03-22-2005, 10:52 PM
i hope he breaks both legs

PurplePackerEater
03-22-2005, 10:53 PM
"vikez06" wrote:

Watch him be amazing in oakland and be put in the hall of fame as a raider

:pale: That is the most deppressing football comment I've ever heard, yet, it is a real possibility! I'd like to give a BIG F U to everyone that thought he was that bad of a person that we had to run him out of town! Hey Moss, enjoy your career. At least we still have Campbell. haha

RandyMoss8404
03-22-2005, 11:09 PM
"olson_10" wrote:

i hope he breaks both legs

***completely outta line... consider this your warning****

I just don't know how I'd feel if Moss caught the game winning touchdown against the Vikings in the Super Bowl. Probably like getting sucker punched by my best friend.

ultravikingfan
03-22-2005, 11:15 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"olson_10" wrote:

i hope he breaks both legs

And no one would exactly shed a tear if you died in a car accident.

I just don't know how I'd feel if Moss caught the game winning touchdown against the Vikings in the Super Bowl. Probably like getting sucker punched by my best friend.

Thats "F'd" up jack!

Olson's comment may not have been called for, but your strong statement is way overboard!

If you feel that he stooped to low, why counter it with something lower.
Be a little more intelligent and witty in your comebacks; it goes a lot furthur here!

PurplePackerEater
03-22-2005, 11:40 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"olson_10" wrote:

i hope he breaks both legs

And no one would exactly shed a tear if you died in a car accident.

I just don't know how I'd feel if Moss caught the game winning touchdown against the Vikings in the Super Bowl. Probably like getting sucker punched by my best friend.

Thats "F'd" up jack!

Olson's comment may not have been called for, but your strong statement is way overboard!

If you feel that he stooped to low, why counter it with something lower.
Be a little more intelligent and witty in your comebacks; it goes a lot furthur here!

WTF I think Olsen_10 was much more outta line "hoping" harm to another vs. no one would morn another?!? come on :scratch:

ultravikingfan
03-22-2005, 11:42 PM
I felt that it was a different story when you are dealing with death.

:scratch: Death or broken legs? I'll take broken legs if it were me!

PurplePackerEater
03-23-2005, 12:14 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I felt that it was a different story when you are dealing with death.

:scratch: Death or broken legs? I'll take broken legs if it were me!OkeeDokee. I saw it different and thought I'd add my 1 cent.

RandyMoss8404
03-23-2005, 01:49 AM
Mhm, I find it ironic that with all the immaturity and hypocrisy on this board I get censored for a single hyperbolic comment made in jest. But I apologize since it was so egregiously outlandish

briboy75
03-23-2005, 10:35 AM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

"JimFlyinsaucer" wrote:

Collins will look SO good with Randy catching the ball. And the media, being the Randy Haters that they are, will give ALL the credit to Collins.

you are 100 percent right. I couldn't agree with you more.

I can't say I agree. While the media defineatly doesn't like him, they give him credit when he makes a play. Nobody in the media is saying that he isn't good.

triedandtruevikesfan
03-23-2005, 04:44 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Mhm, I find it ironic that with all the immaturity and hypocrisy on this board I get censored for a single hyperbolic comment made in jest. But I apologize since it was so egregiously outlandish

Whether it was in jest or not... it was completely inappropriate.

KY Vike
03-23-2005, 08:36 PM
moss scores 2 touchdowns and 100+ yards, yet the raiders still lose.