PDA

View Full Version : The Minnesota Vikings 2005 schedule



PurplePharaoh
03-21-2005, 02:53 PM
Week 1. Vikings at Ravens
Week 2. Packers at Vikings
Week 3. Vikings at Falcons...Monday Night
Week 4. Vikings at Bears
Week 5. Buccanners at Vikings
Week 6. BYE
Week 7. Vikings at Panthers
Week 8. Lions at Vikings
Week 9. Bears at Vikings
Week 10. Saints at Vikings
Week 11. Vikings at Giants...Sunday Night
Week 12. Vikings at Bengals
Week 13. Rams at Vikings
Week 14. Vikings at Lions
Week 15. Steelers at Vikings
Week 16. Vikings at Packers...Monday Night
Week 17. Browns at Vikings...Saturday


This is the schedule as I see it....Not offical

vikez06
03-21-2005, 02:55 PM
week 15 should be fun

PurplePeopleEaters
03-21-2005, 02:56 PM
Monday night Packers-Vikings. Nothing better IMO.

2beersTommy
03-21-2005, 02:57 PM
WTF cant we get away from the friggen G-men ? change is gonna happen this year ! No way in hell im wearing giants garb for a week from this bet.

NordicNed
03-21-2005, 02:59 PM
Week 14 Viks at Det.....

Wouldn't that be the Thanksgiving Day Game...

If that happens, I'll be eating on the living room floor, infront of the TV.....This way I can Eat to my hearts content, watch the game then after the win ask my wife to put a blanket on me...LOL>.....

PurplePharaoh
03-21-2005, 03:07 PM
ahahahaha...and if the vikings get beat, she can cover you with dirt....ahahahahaa

michaelmazid
03-21-2005, 03:16 PM
"PurplePharaoh" wrote:

Week 1. Vikings at Ravens
Week 2. Packers at Vikings
Week 3. Vikings at Falcons...Monday Night
Week 4. Vikings at Bears
Week 5. Buccanners at Vikings
Week 6. BYE
Week 7. Vikings at Panthers
Week 8. Lions at Vikings
Week 9. Bears at Vikings
Week 10. Saints at Vikings
Week 11. Vikings at Giants...Sunday Night
Week 12. Vikings at Bengals
Week 13. Rams at Vikings
Week 14. Vikings at Lions
Week 15. Steelers at Vikings
Week 16. Vikings at Packers...Monday Night
Week 17. Browns at Vikings...Saturday


This is the schedule as I see it....Not offical

we got screwed again on week 16. they always schedule us late in the year so it would be cold we get to lambou. why can't we play there on week 1? big conspiracy?

michaelmazid
03-21-2005, 03:17 PM
there is a possiblity of us going 0-3 to start the year. I would kill myself if we do.

Lundar
03-21-2005, 03:21 PM
"we got screwed again on week 16. they always schedule us late in the year so it would be cold we get to lambou. why can't we play there on week 1? big conspiracy?"

Because last time we started at Lambeau we ruined their party.

michaelmazid
03-21-2005, 03:26 PM
"Lundar" wrote:

"we got screwed again on week 16. they always schedule us late in the year so it would be cold we get to lambou. why can't we play there on week 1? big conspiracy?"

Because last time we started at Lambeau we ruined their party.

By the time we get there on week 16 they are gonna be 6-9 anyway. oh well, more practice for when we play philly for NFC championship. Wait a minute, that game is gonna be inside a dome. :pukeright: green puke for a pukey team (packers)

PurplePharaoh
03-21-2005, 03:28 PM
ahahahahaa you guys are funny

briboy75
03-21-2005, 03:59 PM
"PurplePharaoh" wrote:



This is the schedule as I see it....Not offical

What do you mean "as you see it"? Did you just make it up, or do you have a source?

VKG4LFE
03-21-2005, 04:03 PM
"briboy75" wrote:

"PurplePharaoh" wrote:



This is the schedule as I see it....Not offical

What do you mean "as you see it"? Did you just make it up, or do you have a source?


It's as he sees it, IT'S NOT OFFICIAL!

sitandbehitski
03-21-2005, 04:06 PM
I hope we don't have to play the Ravens that early, their D is scary. . . . :8 :shock:

VKG4LFE
03-21-2005, 04:07 PM
I'd rather play them early on before they get into a groove!

ElBarto
03-21-2005, 04:13 PM
So we can expect the slump to start in week 11 can we :roll:

Hope you're right, I'm gonna book my flights and hotel based on this tonight :wink:

ultravikingfan
03-21-2005, 04:15 PM
Week 12 for anybody who wants to meet me and TheAnimal93 in Cincy. I am buying my limit in tickets and hope to get some East Coast members to come to the game and enjoy in our revamped team whoop butt on the Bengals! :cheers:

VKG4LFE
03-21-2005, 04:16 PM
I would love to go to that game, but I'll have to come up with some money, things are going to be tight with the new joint and all!

ultravikingfan
03-21-2005, 04:28 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I would love to go to that game, but I'll have to come up with some money, things are going to be tight with the new joint and all!

I will have 5-6 extra tickets available. I will just charge face value (double for non-Vikes fans).

We would love to have you there VKG! Maybe Cajun could come up also, not to far for him. I plan on having a grill, brews, couch, and a huge PPD banner! Webby is donating some $$$ for us to party on! :lol: Just kidding webby! There will be a Purple presence in Paul Brown stadium that day!!! :salute:

KennyJman
03-21-2005, 04:33 PM
2Beers is right! Why does it seem that we play the G-men almost every year? It's almost like having them in our division. I wouldn't mind, but they have been a thorn in our side for a long time. Maybe if we beat them, break the "Giant Jinx"(that's what I call it) and get that out of our heads, we will be ready for the next step. (NFC Championship or Super Bowl).....

worshipabba2003
03-21-2005, 04:47 PM
i see that you could go 10 and 6 if you dont blow it at the end of the season with that scadule that is the easy part of the year early on could be tough

PurplePeopleEaters
03-21-2005, 04:57 PM
"worshipabba2003" wrote:

i see that you could go 10 and 6 if you dont blow it at the end of the season with that scadule that is the easy part of the year early on could be tough

looks more like a 12-4 season to me. :bootyshake:

XxS2TheEvoxX
03-21-2005, 05:07 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I'd rather play them early on before they get into a groove!

Me too! Cleveland snuck a win in against them in there opener last year.

XxS2TheEvoxX
03-21-2005, 05:09 PM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

"worshipabba2003" wrote:

i see that you could go 10 and 6 if you dont blow it at the end of the season with that scadule that is the easy part of the year early on could be tough

looks more like a 12-4 season to me. :bootyshake:

On paper it looks 12-4, 13-3ish...but you never know what can happen come Sunday.

worshipabba2003
03-21-2005, 05:11 PM
ok if it is 12-4 then who are the wins and who are the losses?

PurpleAndy
03-21-2005, 05:12 PM
We are teh win and you are teh lose

worshipabba2003
03-21-2005, 05:15 PM
"PurpleAndy" wrote:

We are teh win and you are teh lose
dont no maybe that is a vike thing but i dont understand you at all!!! and i cant be the lose cause the eagles dont play the vikes unless they would play in the playoffs

NordicNed
03-21-2005, 05:18 PM
Hey Ultra,

Send me a PM....I'd love to make the trip to Cincy......

Ned

worshipabba2003
03-21-2005, 05:19 PM
this is how i see it

Week 1. Vikings at Ravens L
Week 2. Packers at Vikings L
Week 3. Vikings at Falcons...Monday Night L
Week 4. Vikings at Bears W
Week 5. Buccanners at Vikings W
Week 6. BYE
Week 7. Vikings at Panthers L
Week 8. Lions at Vikings W
Week 9. Bears at Vikings W
Week 10. Saints at Vikings W
Week 11. Vikings at Giants...Sunday Night W
Week 12. Vikings at Bengals W
Week 13. Rams at Vikings W
Week 14. Vikings at Lions W
Week 15. Steelers at Vikings L
Week 16. Vikings at Packers...Monday Night L
Week 17. Browns at Vikings...Saturday W

KY Vike
03-21-2005, 05:24 PM
what if we beat the ravens opening week...wow that would be insane.

XxS2TheEvoxX
03-21-2005, 05:29 PM
"worshipabba2003" wrote:

this is how i see it

Week 1. Vikings at Ravens L
Week 2. Packers at Vikings L
Week 3. Vikings at Falcons...Monday Night L
Week 4. Vikings at Bears W
Week 5. Buccanners at Vikings W
Week 6. BYE
Week 7. Vikings at Panthers L
Week 8. Lions at Vikings W
Week 9. Bears at Vikings W
Week 10. Saints at Vikings W
Week 11. Vikings at Giants...Sunday Night W
Week 12. Vikings at Bengals W
Week 13. Rams at Vikings W
Week 14. Vikings at Lions W
Week 15. Steelers at Vikings L
Week 16. Vikings at Packers...Monday Night L
Week 17. Browns at Vikings...Saturday W


Week 1. Vikings at Ravens- It would be a tough game, but maybe we'd catch them off-guard like the Browns did. We definitely have more talent then the Browns. Would be a great game.
Week 2. Packers at Vikings- We thought we'd kill the Pack at home last year, but we failed...but I think this year will be a lot different against the Pack. Our D-Line > Their new O-Line.
Week 3. Vikings at Falcons...Monday Night- The dome just might help us in this one. We play great inside domes, and may just be able to keep up with Vick with our quick linebackers...Will be another great game.
Week 4. Vikings at Bears- I never count the Bears out of everything, especially at their house. They've made some good moves this off-season with Mushin and such.
Week 5. Buccanners at Vikings- The Bucs are a sub-par team, but are not the team they used to be. I think this will be a win.
Week 6. BYE
Week 7. Vikings at Panthers- Another great team when healthy, I think we match up good against them. It will be a great game.
Week 8. Lions at Vikings- Lions are always a challenge...
Week 9. Bears at Vikings- See above.
Week 10. Saints at Vikings- This team can't play defense...Offense scares me though.
Week 11. Vikings at Giants...Sunday Night- My biggest fear...we get off on a huge roll and then the Giants take us down...
Week 12. Vikings at Bengals- Under-rated team who could easily upset us. Chad Johnson concerns me, but Winfield can cover him.
Week 13. Rams at Vikings- High flying offense, not much defense. This would be a classic match-up if we didn't improve our D.
Week 14. Vikings at Lions- See above.
Week 15. Steelers at Vikings - Going to be tough, but I'm happy this one is at home. We can be a very dangerous team at HH.
Week 16. Vikings at Packers... See above.
Week 17. Browns at Vikings...I never underestimate them...They can beat you. They'll improve a lot under Crennell, and have already improved a few positions.


That's just how I see it.

:?

sitandbehitski
03-21-2005, 05:38 PM
"worshipabba2003" wrote:

this is how i see it

Week 1. Vikings at Ravens L
Week 2. Packers at Vikings L
Week 3. Vikings at Falcons...Monday Night L
Week 4. Vikings at Bears W
Week 5. Buccanners at Vikings W
Week 6. BYE
Week 7. Vikings at Panthers L
Week 8. Lions at Vikings W
Week 9. Bears at Vikings W
Week 10. Saints at Vikings W
Week 11. Vikings at Giants...Sunday Night W
Week 12. Vikings at Bengals W
Week 13. Rams at Vikings W
Week 14. Vikings at Lions W
Week 15. Steelers at Vikings L
Week 16. Vikings at Packers...Monday Night L
Week 17. Browns at Vikings...Saturday W

I doubt we'll lose both Pack games, we'll lose one of the Lions games (and we always seem to go down one to the Bears), the Falcon's I think we match up well against, as long as we spy vick with one of our faster LBers we're fine, and can we please just have one year where we don't play the frickin' giants? :? :scratch:

DemonicViking
03-21-2005, 05:38 PM
I was thinking today who would be the top contenders in the NFC next year.. I think that could be us possibly, with the moves we've made on defense, plus we should come out of the draft pretty well. Philly will be in the mix again next year, as will Atlanta, they need a WR themselves, plus Vick to be more accurate.

XxS2TheEvoxX
03-21-2005, 05:40 PM
I think we're an early favorite in the NFC...but you never know.

PurpleAndy
03-21-2005, 05:51 PM
I refuse to make prognostications until after the draft. At this point, there are still drastic changes that will affect every team in the league.

That being said, the Vikings will go 16-0, win the Super Bowl, and deliver a karate chop to the trachea of all of the '72 Dolphins players who get together each year when the last undefeated team loses to talk about how great they are.

VikesRGreat
03-21-2005, 05:53 PM
I can easily see us beating Pitt. All you have to do is put 8 men in the box. Thats what New England did. Yes I know we arent New England but Pitt also lost Plaxico. But then again I dont know what Big Ben could do in his second season

sitandbehitski
03-21-2005, 06:00 PM
Our biggest asset in the Steeler's game is Phat Pat and our Linebackers, if Napoleon, Cowart & co. do their jobs we'll win.

cajunvike
03-21-2005, 06:44 PM
"worshipabba2003" wrote:

this is how i see it

Week 1. Vikings at Ravens L
Week 2. Packers at Vikings L
Week 3. Vikings at Falcons...Monday Night L
Week 4. Vikings at Bears W
Week 5. Buccanners at Vikings W
Week 6. BYE
Week 7. Vikings at Panthers L
Week 8. Lions at Vikings W
Week 9. Bears at Vikings W
Week 10. Saints at Vikings W
Week 11. Vikings at Giants...Sunday Night W
Week 12. Vikings at Bengals W
Week 13. Rams at Vikings W
Week 14. Vikings at Lions W
Week 15. Steelers at Vikings L
Week 16. Vikings at Packers...Monday Night L
Week 17. Browns at Vikings...Saturday W

Our first BLIND poster...how do I know that...because if this is how you SEE it, then you must be BLIND...with the talent that the Vikes have added so far this offseason plus the fact that the Packers have done NOTHING to improve their crappy defense...there is NO WAY that the Pack sweeps the Vikings next year...it will most likely be the other way around! :bootyshake:

KJ
03-21-2005, 06:49 PM
Yeah, that guy must be nucking futs if he thinks the Packers will sweep us.

worshipabba2003
03-21-2005, 06:49 PM
ok maybethe vikes and greenbay split. in that case the browns will upset the vikes in week 17 if this is how it is and they will make the playoffs vikes go 10-6

KJ
03-21-2005, 06:50 PM
LOL. This guy is crazy. If anybody upsets us, it'll most likely be the Lions, Bears, and/or Giants.

worshipabba2003
03-21-2005, 06:54 PM
oh i'm crazy why is there a need to be calling name i havent done anything to you

cajunvike
03-21-2005, 07:00 PM
"worshipabba2003" wrote:

oh i'm crazy why is there a need to be calling name i havent done anything to you


A picture of worshipabba2003 and his favorite player Brett Favre at the end of next season: :cry: :cry:

We are just giving you crap, abba, don't take it too personal...whadda you expect, you are posting on a VIKINGS board, packer fan! :bootyshake:

worshipabba2003
03-21-2005, 07:04 PM
no actual i hate the pack i'm an eagles fan

cajunvike
03-21-2005, 07:06 PM
"worshipabba2003" wrote:

no actual i hate the pack i'm an eagles fan

So why do you think that the Packers will sweep the Vikings? Too many hits in the head when you were a little boy? :lol:

worshipabba2003
03-21-2005, 07:13 PM
i have change that since my origal post i was they will split it but i do think that the vikes will go 10-6

KJ
03-21-2005, 07:31 PM
What kind of record do you think the Eagles will have?

DefensivePlaymaker
03-21-2005, 07:49 PM
"PurplePharaoh" wrote:

Week 1. Vikings at Ravens L
Week 2. Packers at Vikings W
Week 3. Vikings at Falcons...Monday Night L
Week 4. Vikings at Bears W
Week 5. Buccanners at Vikings W
Week 6. BYE
Week 7. Vikings at Panthers L
Week 8. Lions at Vikings W
Week 9. Bears at Vikings W
Week 10. Saints at Vikings W
Week 11. Vikings at Giants...Sunday Night L
Week 12. Vikings at Bengals W
Week 13. Rams at Vikings W
Week 14. Vikings at Lions W
Week 15. Steelers at Vikings L
Week 16. Vikings at Packers...Monday Night W
Week 17. Browns at Vikings...Saturday W




This is the schedule as I see it....Not offical

I think we'll go 11-5 this year....as I put 'L' and 'W' next to each game.

Angryviking
03-21-2005, 07:51 PM
"DefensivePlaymaker" wrote:

"PurplePharaoh" wrote:

Week 1. Vikings at Ravens L
Week 2. Packers at Vikings W
Week 3. Vikings at Falcons...Monday Night L
Week 4. Vikings at Bears W
Week 5. Buccanners at Vikings W
Week 6. BYE
Week 7. Vikings at Panthers L
Week 8. Lions at Vikings W
Week 9. Bears at Vikings W
Week 10. Saints at Vikings W
Week 11. Vikings at Giants...Sunday Night L
Week 12. Vikings at Bengals W
Week 13. Rams at Vikings W
Week 14. Vikings at Lions W
Week 15. Steelers at Vikings L
Week 16. Vikings at Packers...Monday Night W
Week 17. Browns at Vikings...Saturday W




This is the schedule as I see it....Not offical

I think we'll go 11-5 this year....as I put 'L' and 'W' next to each game.

We better beat the snot outta the giants this year, they've been a thorn in our side way TOO LONG.

worshipabba2003
03-21-2005, 07:51 PM
um looking at it i would say 13-3 we play the nfc and afc west along with greenbay and alanta. nfc west should be better then last year so could be a chalange if they are and the afc west should be better too but i think the eagles should have a good chance to beat most if not all of them

worshipabba2003
03-21-2005, 07:52 PM
i would like them to be 16-0 of course dont think that will happen though

ElBarto
03-21-2005, 07:56 PM
There's a slight flaw with this schedule......the Ravens are playing the Colts in week 1.

Other than that it looks great :thumbleft:

DefensivePlaymaker
03-21-2005, 07:57 PM
"Angryviking" wrote:

"DefensivePlaymaker" wrote:

"PurplePharaoh" wrote:

Week 1. Vikings at Ravens L
Week 2. Packers at Vikings W
Week 3. Vikings at Falcons...Monday Night L
Week 4. Vikings at Bears W
Week 5. Buccanners at Vikings W
Week 6. BYE
Week 7. Vikings at Panthers L
Week 8. Lions at Vikings W
Week 9. Bears at Vikings W
Week 10. Saints at Vikings W
Week 11. Vikings at Giants...Sunday Night L
Week 12. Vikings at Bengals W
Week 13. Rams at Vikings W
Week 14. Vikings at Lions W
Week 15. Steelers at Vikings L
Week 16. Vikings at Packers...Monday Night W
Week 17. Browns at Vikings...Saturday W




This is the schedule as I see it....Not offical

I think we'll go 11-5 this year....as I put 'L' and 'W' next to each game.

We better beat the snot outta the giants this year, they've been a thorn in our side way TOO LONG.

True, they have been, and I hope we do whip them...and whip them good, but it's at their home field....and it does seem like they have our number...hopefully i'm wrong though!

PurplePackerEater
03-21-2005, 08:08 PM
"KJ" wrote:

LOL. This guy is crazy. If anybody upsets us, it'll most likely be the Lions, Bears, and/or Giants.

How is the Giants beating us an upset? :roll:

KJ
03-21-2005, 08:18 PM
"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

"KJ" wrote:

LOL. This guy is crazy. If anybody upsets us, it'll most likely be the Lions, Bears, and/or Giants.

How is the Giants beating us an upset? :roll:I know what you mean, since they do it every year. But, it's still an upset every time because they really aren't supposed to beat us, and they aren't a very good team. But I understand where you're coming from, how many times do they have to upset us? :angryfire:

PurplePackerEater
03-21-2005, 08:25 PM
"KJ" wrote:

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

"KJ" wrote:

LOL. This guy is crazy. If anybody upsets us, it'll most likely be the Lions, Bears, and/or Giants.

How is the Giants beating us an upset? :roll:I know what you mean, since they do it every year. But, it's still an upset every time because they really aren't supposed to beat us, and they aren't a very good team. But I understand where you're coming from, how many times do they have to upset us? :angryfire:From a W-L standpoint they aren't, but some teams "match-up" well against others. The Giants are one, and now they have Burress and Pierce. Go Vikes!

Caine
03-21-2005, 11:10 PM
"worshipabba2003" wrote:

this is how i see it

Week 1. Vikings at Ravens L
Week 2. Packers at Vikings L
Week 3. Vikings at Falcons...Monday Night L
Week 4. Vikings at Bears W
Week 5. Buccanners at Vikings W
Week 6. BYE
Week 7. Vikings at Panthers L
Week 8. Lions at Vikings W
Week 9. Bears at Vikings W
Week 10. Saints at Vikings W
Week 11. Vikings at Giants...Sunday Night W
Week 12. Vikings at Bengals W
Week 13. Rams at Vikings W
Week 14. Vikings at Lions W
Week 15. Steelers at Vikings L
Week 16. Vikings at Packers...Monday Night L
Week 17. Browns at Vikings...Saturday W

Have you completely lost hold of your senses?!?!?!?!?

1st off, no way we lose to the Packers at ALL this season. In fact, looking at the schedule, there isn't a team on there that we can't beat. Granted, this isn't an "Official" schedule, but the teams we're playing are all there.

We can take the Ravens, and the Steelers, and the Falcons, and anyone else. Why? Because now we have a DEFENSE.

Caine

vikesfan
03-21-2005, 11:13 PM
If this schedule is accurate, or at least the last two weeks of it, then I will be worried about the Browns game. They probably will not be a good team, but coming off of a Monday night road game and having to play the next Saturday, that's a huge disadvantage. And the Monday night game is against the Pack, which is always a very emotional game. I just hope that this season doesn't come down to us needing to win in week 17 to make the playoffs, because I could see this game being a letdown, only because of the very short prep time.

XxS2TheEvoxX
03-21-2005, 11:23 PM
"Caine" wrote:

"worshipabba2003" wrote:

this is how i see it

Week 1. Vikings at Ravens L
Week 2. Packers at Vikings L
Week 3. Vikings at Falcons...Monday Night L
Week 4. Vikings at Bears W
Week 5. Buccanners at Vikings W
Week 6. BYE
Week 7. Vikings at Panthers L
Week 8. Lions at Vikings W
Week 9. Bears at Vikings W
Week 10. Saints at Vikings W
Week 11. Vikings at Giants...Sunday Night W
Week 12. Vikings at Bengals W
Week 13. Rams at Vikings W
Week 14. Vikings at Lions W
Week 15. Steelers at Vikings L
Week 16. Vikings at Packers...Monday Night L
Week 17. Browns at Vikings...Saturday W

Have you completely lost hold of your senses?!?!?!?!?

1st off, no way we lose to the Packers at ALL this season. In fact, looking at the schedule, there isn't a team on there that we can't beat. Granted, this isn't an "Official" schedule, but the teams we're playing are all there.

We can take the Ravens, and the Steelers, and the Falcons, and anyone else. Why? Because now we have a DEFENSE.

Caine

Thank you Caine...Well said.

JLDII
03-22-2005, 12:17 AM
I'm glad to see us play the Giants!! :evil:

Our defense will be in a groove and calling...
here tiki tiki tiki, come here tiki tiki tiki :violent1:

BigEasyViking
03-22-2005, 01:17 AM
"sitandbehitski" wrote:

I hope we don't have to play the Ravens that early, their D is scary. . . . :8 :shock:

We won't play Baltimore on week one! That is the only game that I am sure of, and that's because Herm Edwards was talking today on NFLTA about how that is a tough way for them to start the year, by going to Baltimore. So it looks like the Jets are playing in Baltimore week 1.

fourdoorchevelle
03-22-2005, 01:19 AM
"BigEasyViking" wrote:

"sitandbehitski" wrote:

I hope we don't have to play the Ravens that early, their D is scary. . . . :8 :shock:

We won't play Baltimore on week one! That is the only game that I am sure of, and that's because Herm Edwards was talking today on NFLTA about how that is a tough way for them to start the year, by going to Baltimore. So it looks like the Jets are playing in Baltimore week 1. or was it dungy? pretty sure the colts get r lewis week 1

renovikesfan
03-22-2005, 01:44 AM
Anyone know when the ACTUAL schedule is due to come out? Isn't it usually around Draft time?

I agree, though, about the schedulers' hang-up with Giants/Vikings matchups. I might just have to move back to Minny to help get them off their losing streak against the Giants. The last time they won against them was a home game and I had tickets to it. Come to think of it...the Vikings never lost a home game that I got to go see in person...about 4 or 5 games while I was living up there.

Since I'm stuck down here in a Vikings wasteland, though, I'd like to see us get matched up with West Coast teams a little more often. Oakland and SanFran are closest...but I could make a special trip for San Diego, Seattle, or Arizona games, and maybe even Denver.

*sigh* This is gonna be a looong offseason.

big wazoo
03-22-2005, 04:37 AM
one problem with this schedule...there is NO WAY the nfl would schedule the vikes for Monday night week 16, and then a saturday game week 17....better reveal your source on this one.

Paulbedy59
03-22-2005, 05:16 AM
Why do we always have to play the Butt Packers in greenbay so late in the year when the weather sucks and it gives them an advantage? IT,S A CONSPIRACY I TELL YOU!!!! :salute:

TheAnimal93
03-22-2005, 06:38 AM
The sked will be coming out in the first week of April is what I heard.
Hey Pharoah
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
Are you the "Official Rumor Starter" for the Minnesota Vikings? :scratch: :lol: :lol: :lol:

big wazoo
03-22-2005, 06:50 AM
ESPN says the Ravens play the Colts in the opening Sunday night game...where the **** did this schedule come from?

TheAnimal93
03-22-2005, 06:57 AM
Out of Purple Pharoahs' sarcophagus!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Vikes
03-22-2005, 08:16 AM
"PurplePharaoh" wrote:

Week 1. Vikings at Ravens
Week 2. Packers at Vikings
Week 3. Vikings at Falcons...Monday Night
Week 4. Vikings at Bears
Week 5. Buccanners at Vikings
Week 6. BYE
Week 7. Vikings at Panthers
Week 8. Lions at Vikings
Week 9. Bears at Vikings
Week 10. Saints at Vikings
Week 11. Vikings at Giants...Sunday Night
Week 12. Vikings at Bengals
Week 13. Rams at Vikings
Week 14. Vikings at Lions
Week 15. Steelers at Vikings
Week 16. Vikings at Packers...Monday Night
Week 17. Browns at Vikings...Saturday


This is the schedule as I see it....Not offical


Playing the Giants is OLD!!!! Do we ever play New England?

tarkenton10
03-22-2005, 09:18 AM
Why are you guys getting on worshipabba's case? So he predicted we are going to lose to GB twice. No one thought we would get swept last year and we did. There is a chance that could happen again; though a small chance. And if he is wrong give him a hard time about it then. We can have people say things on this board that we disagree with and not give them a verbal lynching. That is for the packer board and their crass fans!!!!! Sorry LOS had to get that one in!!!!!!!!

PurpleAndy
03-22-2005, 09:39 AM
Why are you guys getting on worshipabba's case? So he predicted we are going to lose to GB twice. No one thought we would get swept last year and we did. There is a chance that could happen again; though a small chance. And if he is wrong give him a hard time about it then. We can have people say things on this board that we disagree with and not give them a verbal lynching. That is for the packer board and their crass fans!!!!! Sorry LOS had to get that one in!!!!!!!!

Mostly because he acts and spells like a 10 year old and has several quasi-literate flame attempts on other threads.

cajunvike
03-22-2005, 09:47 AM
"tarkenton10" wrote:

Why are you guys getting on worshipabba's case? So he predicted we are going to lose to GB twice. No one thought we would get swept last year and we did. There is a chance that could happen again; though a small chance. And if he is wrong give him a hard time about it then. We can have people say things on this board that we disagree with and not give them a verbal lynching. That is for the packer board and their crass fans!!!!! Sorry LOS had to get that one in!!!!!!!!

It is just our way of initiating him to the PPO board...no real animosity meant by it...gotta have some playful ripping on each other!

Caine
03-22-2005, 10:03 AM
"Paulbedy59" wrote:

Why do we always have to play the Butt Packers in greenbay so late in the year when the weather sucks and it gives them an advantage? IT,S A CONSPIRACY I TELL YOU!!!! :salute:

Doesn't it alternate year after year? If so, this year we would have them at home last, and p[lay them in Lambeau early.

Doesn't really matter when we play them...we can whip them early or whip them late.

Caine

JLDII
03-22-2005, 10:43 AM
"Caine" wrote:

"Paulbedy59" wrote:

Why do we always have to play the Butt Packers in greenbay so late in the year when the weather sucks and it gives them an advantage? IT,S A CONSPIRACY I TELL YOU!!!! :salute:

Doesn't it alternate year after year? If so, this year we would have them at home last, and p[lay them in Lambeau early.

Doesn't really matter when we play them...we can whip them early or whip them late.

Caine

Last year we played the Pack on Nov. 14th in G.B. and they came here on X-Mas Eve. Seems every year the league wants us to play each other one time towards the end of the season beacuse they figure it will have some serious bearing on who wins the division. The way I see it, we should have the division locked up by the end of week 14, and when we play on Monday Night in G.B. we'll be able to show the whole country we are a serious playoff contender by smashing the Pack, in Lamb-blow, on national T.V., with both Madden and Al Micheals sticking their heads up OUR butts for once, and telling the world how great we are instead of Favre.

Only one problem though, I'll be at the game so I won't have the chance to hear them suck up to us live!

worshipabba2003
03-22-2005, 12:29 PM
"PurpleAndy" wrote:


Why are you guys getting on worshipabba's case? So he predicted we are going to lose to GB twice. No one thought we would get swept last year and we did. There is a chance that could happen again; though a small chance. And if he is wrong give him a hard time about it then. We can have people say things on this board that we disagree with and not give them a verbal lynching. That is for the packer board and their crass fans!!!!! Sorry LOS had to get that one in!!!!!!!!

Mostly because he acts and spells like a 10 year old and has several quasi-literate flame attempts on other threads.
i respeact your opion purpleandy. but please DONT say that i like the packers they STINK in my opion dont want to offend and packers fans out there.GO EAGLES

PurpleAndy
03-22-2005, 12:55 PM
I didn't say you liked the Packers...

ultravikingfan
03-22-2005, 01:46 PM
"renovikesfan" wrote:

Anyone know when the ACTUAL schedule is due to come out? Isn't it usually around Draft time?

I agree, though, about the schedulers' hang-up with Giants/Vikings matchups.

People, every teams schedule is the same. Meaning the formula is the same. I've explained this so many times.

Every NFL teams has this formula:

6 Divsion Games
4 Games against the other conference. (we play the AFC North this year)
4 Against an same Conference Divsion (we play the NFC South this year)
2 Games against the other 2 Conference team who finished in the same place. (We paly the Giants and Rams. We finished in 2nd place in our Division, and they finished in 2nd in theirs)

This works the same for every team, its very fair. So, the NFL is not matching us up against the Giants on purpose.

VKG4LFE
03-22-2005, 04:13 PM
You guys know that's not the actual schedule don't you?

VKG4LFE
03-22-2005, 04:15 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I would love to go to that game, but I'll have to come up with some money, things are going to be tight with the new joint and all!

I will have 5-6 extra tickets available. I will just charge face value (double for non-Vikes fans).

We would love to have you there VKG! Maybe Cajun could come up also, not to far for him. I plan on having a grill, brews, couch, and a huge PPD banner! Webby is donating some $$$ for us to party on! :lol: Just kidding webby! There will be a Purple presence in Paul Brown stadium that day!!! :salute:


We'll see how things go. If I can save some money for the tix and food and a hotel room for a coupld nights I might have to bring the gf with me! I would love to see a different stadium!!

KY Vike
03-22-2005, 05:01 PM
wow i really hope we don't have to play the ravens week one. i'm not sure we can lose the first game and expect to get 11 wins. we have to win the first game. though if we do play the ravens and beat them we have to be thinking 11 or 12 wins.

ultravikingfan
03-22-2005, 05:17 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I would love to go to that game, but I'll have to come up with some money, things are going to be tight with the new joint and all!

I will have 5-6 extra tickets available. I will just charge face value (double for non-Vikes fans).

We would love to have you there VKG! Maybe Cajun could come up also, not to far for him. I plan on having a grill, brews, couch, and a huge PPD banner! Webby is donating some $$$ for us to party on! :lol: Just kidding webby! There will be a Purple presence in Paul Brown stadium that day!!! :salute:


We'll see how things go. If I can save some money for the tix and food and a hotel room for a coupld nights I might have to bring the gf with me! I would love to see a different stadium!!

Thats cool. Tell her to leave the Pack gear at home. :lol:

PurplePharaoh
03-22-2005, 11:34 PM
YES PEOPLE THE SCHEDULE ISNT REAL....ITS HOW I SEE IT AND WANTED TO SEE HOW CLOSE I COME TO GETTING RIGHT....

ultravikingfan
03-22-2005, 11:38 PM
I think most people thought it was the real schedule. Could have made it more clear that this was your imagination.

carta4eva
03-23-2005, 12:11 PM
Is this a possibility or just made up??

worshipabba2003
03-23-2005, 12:33 PM
it is made up!!! and is already wrong with week one i forget who but the ravens are playing someother team.

ultravikingfan
03-23-2005, 04:02 PM
What's next, a Super Bowl schedule for the next 10 years? :lol:

XxS2TheEvoxX
03-23-2005, 04:06 PM
"worshipabba2003" wrote:

it is made up!!! and is already wrong with week one i forget who but the ravens are playing someother team.

They play the Colts Week 1.

PurplePharaoh
03-23-2005, 07:16 PM
I think most people thought it was the real schedule. Could have made it more clear that this was your imagination.



ULTRAVIKING SEEMS LIKE YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ME...OR MY POSTS...OR BOTH...BUT IF YOU READ THE POST IN THE BEGINNING....you will see I said its not an official schd....

triedandtruevikesfan
03-23-2005, 07:22 PM
no posting in all caps...

Mr Anderson
03-23-2005, 07:24 PM
Just the home/away part is right.

AND I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE G-MEN!!!!

I will be at that game, maybe in a box too!

My aunt's boos gives out tickets all the time, and her company has a nice skybox.

Id much rather be out there in the cold, with all the G-men fans, rubbing it in when we rip them apart, and when Sharper lays out Plaxico Burress.

Just look for someone in an away Bryant McKinnie Vikes jersey, that will be me.

ultravikingfan
03-23-2005, 07:38 PM
"PurplePharaoh" wrote:


I think most people thought it was the real schedule. Could have made it more clear that this was your imagination.



ULTRAVIKING SEEMS LIKE YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ME...OR MY POSTS...OR BOTH...BUT IF YOU READ THE POST IN THE BEGINNING....you will see I said its not an official schd....

/honesty on

Yes, I do have a problem with you. You come in here and just start posting new articles like mad. You never check to see if the topic has been hit before. It's rather annoying, especially for the mods who oversee these forums. Then, members post there and it gets locked. That is not fair to them either. Do you jump from one form to the other posting these articles?

Then you just keep plugging away about Jay Foreman as if you are trying to make Jackyl look like an a$$. I do not think Jackyl cares if you or anybody does not like Jay or thinks he isn't any good. But, when you make these opinions as if you are an insider or speaking for him, I see why Jackyl may get annoyed. They lock these threads, but you still find a way to put it in others; very annoying.

Lastly, the title of this thread was, "The Minnesota Vikings 2005 Schedule". What did you expect people to think? Even after you wrote:
"This is the schedule as I see it....Not offical" it is still open to loose interpretation.

In retrospect, no I do not care for you. There are others I do not care for, and some do not care for me. But, I respect their opinions and they are usaully not annoying and disrespectful.

Mr Anderson
03-23-2005, 07:40 PM
YEAH ULTRA!!!!

You tell 'em man. :tongue:

DemonicViking
03-23-2005, 07:51 PM
Ain't that a swift kick in the groin.

PurplePharaoh
03-23-2005, 08:18 PM
In retrospect, no I do not care for you. There are others I do not care for, and some do not care for me. But, I respect their opinions and they are usaully not annoying and disrespectful.

Well as their are others that dont care for you, Im happy that others feel as I do. :lol:

ultravikingfan
03-23-2005, 08:20 PM
"PurplePharaoh" wrote:


In retrospect, no I do not care for you. There are others I do not care for, and some do not care for me. But, I respect their opinions and they are usaully not annoying and disrespectful.

Well as their are others that dont care for you, Im happy that others feel as I do. :lol:

I have no problem with that. But, there is mutual respect with those few; not here though! :salute:

PurplePharaoh
03-23-2005, 08:25 PM
I have no problem with that. But, there is mutual respect with those few; not here though!




Well...I guess Ill have to take some sleeing pills as not to lose any sleep over it.

LosAngelis
03-23-2005, 08:50 PM
Pharoh, do you have a copy of the 2005 Packer schedule? I'd like to start making plans for attending games. Could you post that soon?















/sarcasm off

PurplePharaoh
03-23-2005, 08:53 PM
hahahahahaaa...give me 20 minutes to make one up for you.

thepacksux
03-24-2005, 12:29 AM
not to back anybody up, but if you do your research, like ive read many times from various posters, you would know that the schedules have not been announced and through some very critical thinking would know that it would have to be his opinion...right???

ultravikingfan
03-24-2005, 12:32 AM
"thepacksux" wrote:

not to back anybody up, but if you do your research, like ive read many times from various posters, you would know that the schedules have not been announced and through some very critical thinking would know that it would have to be his opinion...right???

Well, some people just thought that the schedules were released and this poster broke the news; did not realize it was his opinion. Could have been more clearly stated.

thepacksux
03-24-2005, 12:35 AM
when are the schedules officially announced??

ultravikingfan
03-24-2005, 12:37 AM
"thepacksux" wrote:

when are the schedules officially announced??

Somebody said something around draft day. I am not sure.

thepacksux
03-24-2005, 12:41 AM
Im just hopin that one of our primetime games will be at the dome

hawaiianvike21
03-24-2005, 04:13 AM
From what i heard on another board through nfl network, the schedule should be announced the first week of april, a few weeks before the draft.

So its right around the corner thats something worth looking foward to. I know im looking foward to it. :grin:

big wazoo
03-24-2005, 01:44 PM
Look at it this way....the Vikes will be at home week one (11th) and week 3 (25th) because the Twins are on the road those two Sundays...otherwise, wait for the NFL network announcement in April....

cajunvike
03-24-2005, 02:23 PM
Bottom line...if you want to be FULLY and CORRECTLY UNDERSTOOD, put some though in the wording of your posts! This advice is general (for everyone)...and will only serve to uphold the lofty standards that Webby aspired to when he established this Vikings fan website. Be a part of the solution...because if you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem!

JLDII
03-24-2005, 06:19 PM
I talked to a friend of mine the other day and told him we opened in Baltimore, and played G.B on Monday night at the end of the season. Well, I guess that night he went to some concert and was visiting with Bob Hagen, the P.R. man for the Vikes and repeated what I had told him!

Sounds like the guy got really upset!! He wanted to know where he heard that and that stuff wasn't supposed to be announced yet, yada yada yada.

I just heard the story. Pretty funny!

LosAngelis
03-24-2005, 07:05 PM
Official 2005 Minnesota Vikings Schedule Results (regardless of opponents):

Week 1: win
Week 2: Win
Week 3: win
Week 4: win
Week 5: win
Week 6: win (Tice celebrated as coach of the year)
Week 7: loss
Week 8: loss
Week 9: loss
Week 10: win
Week 11: loss
Week 12: loss
Week 13: loss
Week 14: win
Week 15: win
Week 16: loss (lynch mobs form to take out Tice)

(HEY! It's a better record than you had in 2004!)

ultravikingfan
03-24-2005, 07:17 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

Official 2005 Minnesota Vikings Schedule Results (regardless of opponents):

Week 1: win
Week 2: Win
Week 3: win
Week 4: win
Week 5: win
Week 6: win (Tice celebrated as coach of the year)
Week 7: loss
Week 8: loss
Week 9: loss
Week 10: win
Week 11: loss
Week 12: loss
Week 13: loss
Week 14: win
Week 15: win
Week 16: loss (lynch mobs form to take out Tice)

(HEY! It's a better record than you had in 2004!)

:lol: Thats about how it has gone the past few years.

dopenose420
03-24-2005, 09:31 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

Official 2005 Minnesota Vikings Schedule Results (regardless of opponents):

Week 1: win
Week 2: Win
Week 3: win
Week 4: win
Week 5: win
Week 6: win (Tice celebrated as coach of the year)
Week 7: loss
Week 8: loss
Week 9: loss
Week 10: win
Week 11: loss
Week 12: loss
Week 13: loss
Week 14: win
Week 15: win
Week 16: loss (lynch mobs form to take out Tice)

(HEY! It's a better record than you had in 2004!)

that will only be right if we play the giants in week 7, our collapse always comes after the giants. :smile:

JLDII
03-25-2005, 01:58 AM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

Official 2005 Minnesota Vikings Schedule Results (regardless of opponents):

Week 1: win
Week 2: Win
Week 3: win
Week 4: win
Week 5: win
Week 6: win (Tice celebrated as coach of the year)
Week 7: loss
Week 8: loss
Week 9: loss
Week 10: win
Week 11: loss
Week 12: loss
Week 13: loss
Week 14: win
Week 15: win
Week 16: loss (lynch mobs form to take out Tice)

(HEY! It's a better record than you had in 2004!)

That will be a better record than the cheeseheads have in '05 too!!

WI-ULT-MOSS-FAN
03-25-2005, 01:07 PM
GB's schedule win barely enough to make it to the playoffs...then like the consistent team they are make an early departure from the playoffs due to yours truly!!

PurplePharaoh
03-25-2005, 04:18 PM
Whomever we play and in whatever order its sure to be a fun season.

vikes09
03-29-2005, 04:08 AM
i hope we kick off the season playing a good team to "get our roll on". :cool:

DaunteHOF
03-29-2005, 04:36 AM
Start off with the Ravens, purple vs purple.

ElBarto
03-29-2005, 09:25 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Start off with the Ravens, purple vs purple.

I think Ravens play Colts in week one :idea: