PDA

View Full Version : Fowler/L.A. Vikings?

briboy75
03-21-2005, 10:44 AM
From vikings updates web site:

A couple of interesting Reggie Fowler contacts have been made in recent weeks. One is with Dan Rooney, the owners of the Steelers and a strong supporter of NFL diversity. The other is with a fact-finding leader on getting a stadium deal in Los Angeles. Take both for what they’re worth.

cajunvike
03-21-2005, 10:51 AM
If that SOB even tries to move the Vikes...it will only prove that the lie that he told us about keeping Moss was the precursor to what kind of owner he will be...one that only looks at the bottom line...and we already have one like that now. I still want Taylor to get the team...he might be the only person who wouldn't try to move the team!

vikez06
03-21-2005, 10:57 AM
oh wow..... WHT THE F!*K does california need another team anyways???
sandiego, oakland, 49ers???
we have 1 :scratch:

Bubba Jed
03-21-2005, 10:57 AM
If the Vikings get moved then I'm done with football. No Joke. There's no other team out there worth cheering for.

briboy75
03-21-2005, 11:04 AM
It's possible he is just doing it for leverage to get a stadium built here.

Bubba Jed
03-21-2005, 11:24 AM
I don't think it matters, because I believe Fowler isn't going to get the team. So why would he even try to bluff like that. That's not even cool. So don't mess with us.

ADubya26
03-21-2005, 11:24 AM
Wow, I dont even live in Minny and I would be pissed off if Fowler ever pulled that crap.

michaelmazid
03-21-2005, 11:32 AM
"Bubba Jed" wrote:

If the Vikings get moved then I'm done with football. No Joke. There's no other team out there worth cheering for.

If they move, they will mostlikely change their name to something like the L.A Rush or someother dumb name. But I tell you what, this is the last straw. They move and I am gonna crazy and you know 2 years after they move and change their name, they will win the superbowl. That always happens

sabatajh
03-21-2005, 11:33 AM
"ADubya26" wrote:

Wow, I dont even live in Minny and I would be pissed off if Fowler ever pulled that crap.

IF FOWLER MOVES THE VIKES I WILL MOVE lol

I seriously doubt he is that dumb... anyway the lease at the dome is till 2010 so i think its a PR thing just tryin to shake things up like red when he blew smoke about movin....

Man cant we just give em a stadium..... I got 5 on it lol.

WI-ULT-MOSS-FAN
03-21-2005, 11:56 AM
I have heard this rumor several times myself now. Supposedly someone he is in business with wants this move also. I dont belive fowler will get the team though, after seeing that article on espn.com about all his troubles the NFL can't afford to have an owner getting lawsuits against them.

cajunvike
03-21-2005, 12:58 PM
Bring on Taylor...the only potential owner with the clout to get the new stadium deal done!!!

mnjamie
03-21-2005, 01:14 PM
Vikes are not going anywhere. The Gophers are getting their stadium on campus and will happen in next 2 years. Then the Vikes will get theirs by the time the dome lease is up. The twinkies are the loosers here though as they will be stuck in that condemed park till it rots to the ground.

Oh by the way, Fowler will not get the Vikes. He is having major trouble finding a buyer for his aerospace plastics company for $300 MM and is the only way he can afford this team.

Get used to old Red cause he is going to be around town longer then most think, till he and Taylor can come to a price for the team. The look on Red's face when he has to sign the checks for all the off season F/A moves ..... PRICELESS !!!

:naka: " I cut the CHEESE !! The Vikes SMOKED the CHEESEHEADS !!!" ... representing the TPA in FL ... F*#K THE BUCS !!

sabatajh
03-21-2005, 01:52 PM
"mnjamie" wrote:

Vikes are not going anywhere. The Gophers are getting their stadium on campus and will happen in next 2 years. Then the Vikes will get theirs by the time the dome lease is up. The twinkies are the loosers here though as they will be stuck in that condemed park till it rots to the ground.

Oh by the way, Fowler will not get the Vikes. He is having major trouble finding a buyer for his aerospace plastics company for $300 MM and is the only way he can afford this team.

Get used to old Red cause he is going to be around town longer then most think, till he and Taylor can come to a price for the team. The look on Red's face when he has to sign the checks for all the off season F/A moves ..... PRICELESS !!!

:naka: " I cut the CHEESE !! The Vikes SMOKED the CHEESEHEADS !!!" ... representing the TPA in FL ... F*#K THE BUCS !!

LOL I really really hope Red is forced to own the team for one more year for the simple fact he has to pay up.... that would be priceless i would pay a dollar to see that lol

briboy75
03-21-2005, 03:48 PM
"mnjamie" wrote:

I'm not ready to say Fowler won't get the team. He hit a snag, its not over for him.

sitandbehitski
03-21-2005, 03:57 PM
Even if both Fowler and Taylor don't get the Vike's this year I'm still happy since Red already shelled out the $$$ for some FA's, although it'll only insure he'll never EVER spend money on the team again.

ultravikingfan
03-21-2005, 04:12 PM
They probably just had a meeting for a proposal. Tags is big on getting a team in LA. Just hearing them out I suppose. (hopefully)

vikingsdiva
03-21-2005, 05:59 PM
I have a hard time believing that the NFL would want someone with such shady business practices. Look how they are with Tice over a few lousy tickets. Do they really want someone with no less than a dozen unsatisfied judgements against him. I never thought I'd say this but I hope Red has this team for this year only. Then let Taylor buy it. I think he's getting more focused on it.

cajunvike
03-21-2005, 06:45 PM
"vikingsdiva" wrote:

I have a hard time believing that the NFL would want someone with such shady business practices. Look how they are with Tice over a few lousy tickets. Do they really want someone with no less than a dozen unsatisfied judgements against him. I never thought I'd say this but I hope Red has this team for this year only. Then let Taylor buy it. I think he's getting more focused on it.

Good call!!!

vikingsdiva
03-21-2005, 06:49 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"vikingsdiva" wrote:

Good call!!!What makes you say that?

cajunvike
03-21-2005, 07:01 PM
"vikingsdiva" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"vikingsdiva" wrote:

Good call!!!What makes you say that?

Because I want Taylor to be the owner...then he will keep the Vikings in Minnesota...where they belong!!!

vikingsdiva
03-21-2005, 07:03 PM
Yep. That's true. I know the horse is dead so I need to get off, but Fowler annoys the hell out of me. Is he trustworthy? No. Taylor is a perfect match.

cajunvike
03-21-2005, 07:07 PM
"vikingsdiva" wrote:

Yep. That's true. I know the horse is dead so I need to get off, but Fowler annoys the hell out of me. Is he trustworthy? No. Taylor is a perfect match.

Horse? What are you thinking about? :lol:

vikingsdiva
03-21-2005, 07:08 PM
Football. Aren't you supposed to be going home?LOL

shockzilla
03-21-2005, 07:10 PM
I've never liked Fowler from the beginning. He's only had trouble since the day he came on board as a serious bidder...

Mr Anderson
03-21-2005, 07:14 PM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

"Bubba Jed" wrote:

If they move, they will mostlikely change their name to something like the L.A Rush or someother dumb name. But I tell you what, this is the last straw. They move and I am gonna crazy and you know 2 years after they move and change their name, they will win the superbowl. That always happens

If the team gets moved I will be furious.

If they change the name, I will be LIVID

I do believe hes talking about moving, because he wants a new stadium built. But, hes already lied once.

Unless they become the NJ Vikings and I can go to all of the games. THen Ill be happy.

IdahoViking
03-21-2005, 07:36 PM
If the Vikings left Minny, I wouldn't have to worry about routing for another team because I would DIE!

Oh my GOD, do you want o give me nightmares!

Angryviking
03-21-2005, 07:49 PM
If the vikings ever move i'm never gonna watch another game of football, seriously i just wouldn't give a @#%@ anymore.

ultravikingfan
03-21-2005, 08:31 PM
I will be mad a heck too! I just got this tattoo this weekend!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/tat.jpg

PurplePackerEater
03-21-2005, 08:49 PM
"vikez06" wrote:

oh wow..... WHT THE F!*K does california need another team anyways???
sandiego, oakland, 49ers???
we have 1 :scratch:

Also, they have had numerous football teams (Raiders, Rams). If LA is such a great place to have a football team, why did the others split?!? :bs:

PurplePackerEater
03-21-2005, 08:55 PM
"Angryviking" wrote:

If the vikings ever move i'm never gonna watch another game of football, seriously i just wouldn't give a @#%@ anymore.

At least they'd be closer to U. :sunny: lol

PurplePackerEater
03-21-2005, 08:57 PM
Fowler is already more of a distraction than Moss, Lets trade him for Taylor. lol -boy, I seem to be in a good mood tonight.

Caine
03-21-2005, 11:03 PM
Screw Fowler, screw LA, and screw Tagliabue.

I'm smelling RAT and I don't like it.

Caine

vkstillidie
03-22-2005, 12:38 AM
LA VIKINGS? :scratch: Just don't sound right. I just hope not another version of MPLS lakers becoming LA Lakers or North stars becoming dallas stars.

finnishvikingsfan
03-22-2005, 01:08 AM
If the vikings were to leave minnesota I would be force to like the Bears maybe and us people in minnesota will be forced to watch green bay games all the time :pukeright: :shock:

Anahiem_Vikings
03-30-2005, 07:23 AM
The NFL wants a team in LA. Red is incapable of pulling that off because he can't get a stadium or find a good buyer. Fowler's resume, lot's of loans(leverage), and Peter King's comment indicate he is in trouble. No one is working on stadium until sale happens. If another round of bidding takes place, who other than the NFL owners would keep some LA businessman or consortium from buying the Vikings? Timing is not good.

Bubba Jed
03-30-2005, 05:05 PM
Maybe Hovan has something to do with this.. LOL

ultravikingfan
03-30-2005, 05:41 PM
"finnishvikingsfan" wrote:

If the vikings were to leave minnesota I would be force to like the Bears maybe and us people in minnesota will be forced to watch green bay games all the time :pukeright: :shock:

I would never like another team. I only have 1.

V4L
03-30-2005, 06:27 PM
yah i dont care if they ever move to LA.. i would still love the vikes!

collegeguyjeff
03-30-2005, 09:47 PM
common guys, fowler is a busines man, everything he does is about money. he would be a dumbass to move the team to la though cause none of their teams such as the rams or raiders every worked there, california is over saturated with the nfl already as it is, anywyas there was talk about moving san fran to la

cajunvike
03-30-2005, 10:38 PM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

common guys, fowler is a busines man, everything he does is about money. he would be a dumbass to move the team to la though cause none of their teams such as the rams or raiders every worked there, california is over saturated with the nfl already as it is, anywyas there was talk about moving san fran to la

NO WAY does that happen...better to move the Raidahs back (but they will probably wait until Al Davis dies first)!

Pigskin Bigs
03-30-2005, 10:49 PM
Fowler seems to be more of a distraction and less of who we need to own this team. Yes, I hope Taylor or some other local owner buys the Purple; but on the same token if Fowler does buy them he will not move them. The NFL would not approve a move at this time. When the lease on the Metrodome runs out...that's when it's put up time for this state...or we may lose the Vikes at that time.

ndakvikefan
03-31-2005, 12:43 AM
Actually the vikings cannot leave until 2013 and do't be so sure that Fowler won't get the vikings. The NFL rules say that the primary owner (Fowler) only has to come up with 30% of the value which would be 200 million. He may be shady but the NFL is a business and his silent partners are loaded with more than enough money to keep the team operating. I would love Taylor to get the team but Fowlers chances are better than you think.

kyleo1967
03-31-2005, 01:13 AM
Whenever I hear stories about NFL in Los Angeles the Saints name is always part of the conversation. They are always having probs with city council, can't get stadium approval, Benson is pretty much hated there as he has made it known that he doesn't car for the city of New Orleans, etc. I think the saints would be most likly to move

Anahiem_Vikings
03-31-2005, 01:57 AM
There are over 27 teams that are not going to move. The Vikings are one of the few where it is a good percentage possibility if not the most likely. These moves take time to plan and the NFL is discussing it. But there are a number of factors that can change:
1)CBA and local revenues decide how stadiums will be built to optimize local revenue.
2) LA area comes up with a stadium venue.
3) Minnesota wants to keep the team and builds a stadium.
4) Red and the new owner are so incompetent they miss out on the opportunity to move the franchise.

It is on the economic horizon and things are proceeding. If your a Viking fan you will support them wherever they move. The Cleveland Rams moved to LA and then St Louis and they still get big support in California. Any decision and negotiation posturing will be at least 2 years off. I haven't been to Minnesota for awhile but the impression is they won't build a stadium to keep their team. Talk of a stadium in the swampland of Blaine is just talk and won;t happen until team is sold to the mystery men and their front man Fowler or the next bidder.

cajunvike
03-31-2005, 02:00 AM
"ndakvikefan" wrote:

Actually the vikings cannot leave until 2013 and do't be so sure that Fowler won't get the vikings. The NFL rules say that the primary owner (Fowler) only has to come up with 30% of the value which would be 200 million. He may be shady but the NFL is a business and his silent partners are loaded with more than enough money to keep the team operating. I would love Taylor to get the team but Fowlers chances are better than you think.

I still don't have to like that a$$hole...not liking Red the a$$hole doesn't affect my rooting for the Vikings...it won't change if I have to transfer my dislike from Red to Fowler...especially if he dares to move the team to LA!

Burley81
03-31-2005, 02:49 AM
ESPN was talking about Arizona moving to Mexico City, I believe. But i hope we dont move to L.A., i will still bleed purple.

Pigskin Bigs
03-31-2005, 04:04 PM
My gut feeling is that there will be a team in LA in the next couple of years....let's just hope it's an expansion team!!! Yes, there are already three teams in California, but they have enough population and geographic regions to support another team. LA is huge, let's just hope the NFL gets it right and adds a team instead of moving the Saints, Vikes, or other team with no stadium!!!!

Anahiem_Vikings
03-31-2005, 09:33 PM
The team in LA will not be an expansion team(33?)
LA will not be ready with a stadium for about 4 years.
That's why the timing of a Viking stadium is so important. LA should have stadium about the time the lease at Metrodome is up.
Anahiem Vikings is not too bad for me here in California. Love the Vikings where ever they play. LA Vikings is years away yet.

cajunvike
03-31-2005, 09:35 PM
"Pigskin Bigs" wrote:

My gut feeling is that there will be a team in LA in the next couple of years....let's just hope it's an expansion team!!! Yes, there are already three teams in California, but they have enough population and geographic regions to support another team. LA is huge, let's just hope the NFL gets it right and adds a team instead of moving the Saints, Vikes, or other team with no stadium!!!!

Let them have the Colts...Indy doesn't deserve them anyway because they stole them from Baltimore to begin with!!!

govikes84
03-31-2005, 09:49 PM
i agree with everybody especially vikez06. They dont need another team, they have enough teams not only in a football but in all sports.

Vikes
03-31-2005, 10:48 PM
"briboy75" wrote:

From vikings updates web site:

A couple of interesting Reggie Fowler contacts have been made in recent weeks. One is with Dan Rooney, the owners of the Steelers and a strong supporter of NFL diversity. The other is with a fact-finding leader on getting a stadium deal in Los Angeles. Take both for what they?re worth.

If the Vikes move well I live in AZ that would be not be cool. But I would go EVERY weekend and watch them play.

vikingTurf
04-01-2005, 12:56 PM
Vikings is the only hope for all the Minnesotans, Dakotans, Iowans...lol, and all those packer and bears fans who secretly root for Vikings knowing packers/bears can never do any proud to Midwest, it would be a cruelty to ppl of Midwest to see Vikes move to Cali......ok but seriously, it would suck to see Vikes in cali, after seeing Moss in Cali...
SKOL VIkes and MN!!

Anahiem_Vikings
04-01-2005, 08:46 PM
Somebody mentioned Minneapolis and other Minnesota television markets becoming Packer game outlets once the Vikings move to LA area. I had to laugh imagining the reaction. It will burn a lot of people the wroong way. Moving vans at midnight or would it be like the non reaction of the North Stars leaving?

Packer fans have to be enjoying the prospect of them no longer being the smallest media market. My father remembers the days when Packer country extended from Dakotas to Michigan UP.

Wow, the NFL would have the Vikings and the Packers in bigger media markets.

Is this part of the NFL plan? Someone with money in LA will fund a stadium. This could really be somthing.

briboy75
04-01-2005, 10:00 PM
Just because 33 is an odd number doesn't neccesarily mean there will never be an expansion team. For much of the NFLs lifetime there have been a bumber of teams that didn't divide nicely into even divisions.