PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the suprise player for the vikings?



finnishvikingsfan
03-20-2005, 10:35 PM
I was wondering with the pick ups and that what player on the Vikings will have a "breakthough" year. Culpepper probably will have a very good one but who else?

finnishvikingsfan
03-20-2005, 10:37 PM
OMG I can not spell tonight!!!! it is suppose to be Who will be the suprise player for the vikings?

Angryviking
03-20-2005, 10:41 PM
I'd say Taylor, just because of who his past QBs were in Baltimore and who he has now as his QB, DC.

jackyl
03-20-2005, 10:42 PM
Napo

Paulbedy59
03-20-2005, 10:49 PM
yeah taylor for one .and because of pat Williams,I think also Kevin Williams.. :salute:

finnishvikingsfan
03-20-2005, 10:51 PM
I think one of the corners will have a big year.

iluvbigtds
03-20-2005, 10:55 PM
I gotta go with Nap also. This guy was starting in a Super Bowl a few years ago and then their team, especially their defense, went to shambles. With our great line and secondary, it will definetely free him to make some big plays and big hits.

XxS2TheEvoxX
03-20-2005, 10:55 PM
I think our whole defense will be a suprise...

A lot of people still don't know about Kevin Williams. After this year he'll be a house-hold name.

Angryviking
03-20-2005, 10:57 PM
Hard to imagine Williams having a break out season after what he's done the last couple of seasons. I'd love to c it though

XxS2TheEvoxX
03-20-2005, 11:05 PM
"Angryviking" wrote:

Hard to imagine Williams having a break out season after what he's done the last couple of seasons. I'd love to c it though

Trust me...he had almost no help last season and was doubled...

Now through Pat Williams in there who needs to be doubled most of the time, with Kenechi and Darrion Scott (possibly a solid rookie).

Kevin Williams is a monster. I want to see a 300+ lb offensive line-man keep up with him...it's just not going to happen.

slowlow
03-20-2005, 11:08 PM
id have to go with kenechi udeze he had a bad shoulder and got 6 SACKS (i think) and plus hes a rookie 13 sacks next year :)

XxS2TheEvoxX
03-20-2005, 11:11 PM
"slowlow" wrote:

id have to go with kenechi udeze he had a bad shoulder and got 6 SACKS (i think) and plus hes a rookie 13 sacks next year :)

Amen to the 13 sacks...That would be great.

ultravikingfan
03-20-2005, 11:48 PM
A lot of the newer players have already been proven, so it should be expected that they perform.

I think Taylor will be the surprise, or Moore.

vkstillidie
03-20-2005, 11:54 PM
Nate Burleson. he gonna step up and fill Randy's shoe. :rr:

VikingsTw
03-20-2005, 11:56 PM
I'm going with Dontarius Thomas, i already expect Nap to do damage, because he's proven. DT will have a nice year, i've got alot of faith in the guy, aside from his pysical tools as far as i know he's got a great work ethic and he's smart. DT all the way.

DefensivePlaymaker
03-21-2005, 12:02 AM
"vkstillidie" wrote:

Nate Burleson. he gonna step up and fill Randy's shoe. :rr:

:roll: Burleson won't come close to filling Randy's shoes.

dauntefan
03-21-2005, 12:14 AM
I think it will be N. Harris. He's had at least 60 tackles every season, as well as getting over 100 tackles 2 years ago.

briboy75
03-21-2005, 12:18 AM
Randy Moss! Oh crap... nevermind

Sorry, I'm still in denial... Joking about it is my thearapy.

alberta_vike
03-21-2005, 01:09 AM
I definitely think alot of our guys, especially on defense will have big years. In particular though, I think Udeze, Thomas, and Travis Taylor. Udeze because he was hurt last season and still looked good alot of the time. I'd say he gets a minimum 10 sacks this season, but I wouldn't be surprised to see up to 14 or 15 from him. Thomas, now that he's had a season to adjust should play well. Last season I thought it wasn't talent he lacked, just knowledge of the schemes. And Taylor will have a big year because he is a good player, and now with a good offense and a QB who can actually get the ball to him, he will have a breakout season.

collegeguyjeff
03-21-2005, 03:09 AM
"jackyl" wrote:

Napo

i agree napoleon harris will be a monster for us.

taylor will do good too though we will have him robinson, and burleson running all over the field and 2 tight ends, and our running back who are they going to stop?

collegeguyjeff
03-21-2005, 03:10 AM
"alberta_vike" wrote:

I definitely think alot of our guys, especially on defense will have big years. In particular though, I think Udeze, Thomas, and Travis Taylor. Udeze because he was hurt last season and still looked good alot of the time. I'd say he gets a minimum 10 sacks this season, but I wouldn't be surprised to see up to 14 or 15 from him. Thomas, now that he's had a season to adjust should play well. Last season I thought it wasn't talent he lacked, just knowledge of the schemes. And Taylor will have a big year because he is a good player, and now with a good offense and a QB who can actually get the ball to him, he will have a breakout season.

udeze will have a great year cause he can strictly rush the whole time cause williams and williams wrecking crew will plug the middle like constipation from eating too much wisconsin cheese

collegeguyjeff
03-21-2005, 03:11 AM
"dauntefan" wrote:

I think it will be N. Harris. He's had at least 60 tackles every season, as well as getting over 100 tackles 2 years ago.

yeah 100 tackles in a 3-4 thats what he will be playing with us thats what he likes.

collegeguyjeff
03-21-2005, 03:13 AM
"dauntefan" wrote:

I think it will be N. Harris. He's had at least 60 tackles every season, as well as getting over 100 tackles 2 years ago.

and it seems like we are forcing teams to try to run on us because we got smoot and sharper now. and what we'll see is teams trying to rush but not get very far cause of williams and williams and harris, the middle will be pluged real good

AngloVike
03-21-2005, 04:16 AM
Defensively then I think Udeze will come to shine this year - which will be hard as the DL itself will be one of the best this year. He's got familiar with the change from college to NFL and can now move forward.

Offensively I think Taylor will be the surprise in the league too, he's not a Randy Moss but I think that commentators will be surprised at exactly what he can do with a decent OL and QB for the passing game.

Moss is Boss
03-21-2005, 07:02 AM
Marcus Robinson will play awesome next year. Watch out for 10+ TDs & 800+ yards.

mark
03-21-2005, 07:12 AM
Bennett will get 1000 yards.i think taylor will have about 700 and 7 which would be great

MinnesotaFury
03-21-2005, 07:57 AM
hey, i think this is gonna be on offense:
Marcus Robinson
He has a great vertical leap, and he has solid hands.

On defense:
Darren Sharper
Though he slumped last year, I think he will turn around and lead the defense in picks

sitandbehitski
03-21-2005, 09:11 AM
For being smart, Dontarious Thomas sure looked autistic on the field. :D

cajunvike
03-21-2005, 09:15 AM
"sitandbehitski" wrote:

For being smart, Dontarious Thomas sure looked autistic on the field. :D

Let's hope that he is an idiot savant...and that his true talent is being a dominant LB!!!

cajunvike
03-21-2005, 09:16 AM
The defense as a unit will be the surprise of the year...and they will lead us to the Promised Land!!!

Del Rio
03-21-2005, 09:22 AM
"XxS2TheEvoxX" wrote:

"Angryviking" wrote:

Hard to imagine Williams having a break out season after what he's done the last couple of seasons. I'd love to c it though

Trust me...he had almost no help last season and was doubled...

Now through Pat Williams in there who needs to be doubled most of the time, with Kenechi and Darrion Scott (possibly a solid rookie).

Kevin Williams is a monster. I want to see a 300+ lb offensive line-man keep up with him...it's just not going to happen.

He will be doubled this season as well. No need to double Pat on a pass play. And I don't expect Fat Pat to give much help on the pass rush, DT's don't get recognition fro tackles they make a name by sacks.

Napo is going to have a huge year. He seems fired up and ready to go. I bet he takes over the team and becomes a leader on that side of the ball.

sabatajh
03-21-2005, 11:38 AM
I hoping That everyone steps there game up so we cant say just one guy but the whole team had a breakout year......

But i think whichever RB we choose and Nate on OFFENSE

and NAPO and sharper on D but its a toss up you can through and name out there and they are a legitimate candidate to be a breakout player.

HarrisonB57
03-21-2005, 11:47 AM
Travis Taylor would be my pick. Although Napoleon and Nate will have good seasons too.

michaelmazid
03-21-2005, 01:57 PM
"finnishvikingsfan" wrote:

I was wondering with the pick ups and that what player on the Vikings will have a "breakthough" year. Culpepper probably will have a very good one but who else?

Melwede Morre if he is starting and getting all the carries. I was at the Texans game about 5 rows behind the vikings bench and this guy looked liked he was in a video game the way he was moving on the field. By the way, How can I upload my game pictures on this site?

V4L
03-21-2005, 02:01 PM
yah i agree MM if he starts... but other then that Taylor.. although it wouldnt surprise me to see Taylor to have a good year...

muchluv4smoot
03-21-2005, 02:29 PM
"vikingstw" wrote:

I'm going with Dontarius Thomas, i already expect Nap to do damage, because he's proven. DT will have a nice year, i've got alot of faith in the guy, aside from his pysical tools as far as i know he's got a great work ethic and he's smart. DT all the way.


Agreed. DT will shut all his doubters up this year.

sitandbehitski
03-21-2005, 05:13 PM
Just upload them to the photo gallery at the top of the page.

vikingsfanatic94
03-21-2005, 05:26 PM
IMO it will be the Jimmy K. and Rsenthal
which would result in our RB's haveing a big year.
IMO their abbsence was a big reason our running game struggled so much last year. on D it is tough so I will say Cotrell, I know he is not a player, but because it takes at lest a year to impliment a new system and he has the players to run the D that he wants.

vikingsfanatic94
03-21-2005, 05:27 PM
"vikingsfanatic94" wrote:

IMO it will be the Jimmy K. and Rsenthal
which would result in our RB's haveing a big year.
IMO their absence was a big reason our running game struggled so much last year. on D it is tough so I will say Cotrell, I know he is not a player, but because it takes at lest a year to impliment a new system and he has the players to run the D that he wants.

VikesFan111
03-21-2005, 07:24 PM
Derrick Johnson...j/k :)

I would have to go with Udeze.

JimFlyinsaucer
03-21-2005, 07:33 PM
How about Darrion Scott? he's going to be our RE assuming we don't draft a stud. I thought he played real well when he got the chance and that's after he had to get all fat to play as a DT. If he can slim down and get his speed back, he could surprise a lot. Add to that the fact that he won't be playing against a lot of great LTs (excepting Orlando Pace and Jonathan Ogden).

IdahoViking
03-21-2005, 07:34 PM
I agree that Nate Burleson is a good choice, he has proven to Culpepper first hand he can handle the 1 WR spot, when Moss got hurt. Let's not forget he's talented and there's great weapons surrounding.

mark
03-21-2005, 09:00 PM
I think if one of our RBs get all the carries they will make the pro bowl