PDA

View Full Version : TDs

Angryviking
03-20-2005, 07:37 PM
Who will have more Touchdown receptions next year, Moss for the raiders or Burleson for the Vikings? I'm only asking cuz Burleson will be the #1 receiver all year instead of the just the games Moss was injured in and i predict Collins won't be able to satisfy Moss greediness, so he'll "only play when he wants to" I'd appreciate any comments on this thanks

collegeguyjeff
03-20-2005, 08:17 PM
"Angryviking" wrote:

Who will have more Touchdown receptions next year, Moss for the raiders or Burleson for the Vikings? I'm only asking cuz Burleson will be the #1 receiver all year instead of the just the games Moss was injured in and i predict Collins won't be able to satisfy Moss greediness, so he'll "only play when he wants to" I'd appreciate any comments on this thanks

burleson obviouslly because he can get yards after the catch and moss has collins throwing to him.

vikingsdiva
03-20-2005, 08:23 PM
Burleson because he has Culpepper and Moss has that other guy who is only adequate.Okayhe's good but not great!

XxS2TheEvoxX
03-20-2005, 08:28 PM
Burleson, because he's a Viking. ;-)

Just kiddddding. I think they'll be pretty even...Burleson gets those YAC, but Moss is such a threat in the red-zone.

DefensivePlaymaker
03-20-2005, 08:31 PM
"Angryviking" wrote:

Moss, he's the best receiver in the NFL, he could outscore burleson with me throwing him the ball!

alberta_vike
03-20-2005, 08:34 PM
Moss definitely. He's the best WR in the game. If Burleson is even close to MOss in TD's next season it will have been a good year for Nate.

ultravikingfan
03-20-2005, 08:43 PM
Nate. He has DC throwing him the ball regardless of the fact that Moss may be the best.

Angryviking
03-20-2005, 08:45 PM
I simply think that Burleson is a more well rounded receiver who showed he could carry the load espically in clutch situation. it seemed to me moss would dissappear during the strench if, espically if he didn't get the ball right away. also Culpepper is a hella of a lot better than Collins on his best day.

fred3105
03-20-2005, 08:46 PM
Moss easily. Robinson or Mike Williams, if we draft him, will be the go to guy inside the 15 or so.

MediaLoca
03-20-2005, 08:50 PM
Lol.....Depends I really dont remember Collins Fade Throw...If its anything like Peps ..... Moss Will do fine

Angryviking
03-20-2005, 08:53 PM
Robinson only once in awhile showed up in the red zone, and at best i'd say he's are third option. he dissapears way too much from time to time

Angryviking
03-20-2005, 08:53 PM
whoops accidently entered the same post twice. damn mouse

vikingsdiva
03-20-2005, 09:01 PM
"Angryviking" wrote:

whoops accidently entered the same post twice. damn mouseSure. You're just trying to get more posts. I know your game. Haha!!LOL!

midgensa
03-20-2005, 09:03 PM
"Angryviking" wrote:

I simply think that Burleson is a more well rounded receiver who showed he could carry the load espically in clutch situation. it seemed to me moss would dissappear during the strench if, espically if he didn't get the ball right away. also Culpepper is a hella of a lot better than Collins on his best day.

More rounded receiver? Are you kidding? About the only thing he does BETTER than Moss is break tackles. Moss runs routes as just as well, has the best hands in the game, goes deep better than anyone and accelerates faster than any receiver to ever play ... I love my Vikes too, but c'mon people ... Moss may go nuts next year, and if he is healthy I see him getting between 16-20 (yes I mean that number) TDs just to shut everyone up, he always played better when he thought the world was against him ... Burleson is good for 10-12 I think, which would be great, but no Moss

Angryviking
03-20-2005, 09:06 PM
Moss didn't really run the greatest routes, he usually just ran up the field fastest than everybody and caught almost everything around him

vikingsdiva
03-20-2005, 09:09 PM
"Angryviking" wrote:

Moss didn't really run the greatest routes, he usually just ran up the field fastest than everybody and caught almost everything around himWhich is why he is dangerous!!! Fortunately Burleson has trained under that wide receiver stud.

V4L
03-20-2005, 09:09 PM
Moss without a doubt.. i dont think Nate can put up with havin a number 1 corner on him everydown every game all year long.. he isnt used to it yet.. Randy is hands down the best WR.. i dont care who he has throwing him the ball he will jump up and get it

Angryviking
03-20-2005, 09:11 PM
Well alright anybody glad to see him go with his attitude of i'll only play when i want to and blah blah, i saw plays where he only took a step off the line of scrimmage, frankly i'm glad to see him go. sure his numbers were great, but his attitude affected the entire team.

XTAP59
03-20-2005, 09:16 PM
To be totally honest.
Randy Moss will outscore Burleson this year. Unless Moss gets injured.
Moss has proven himself since 1998 when he had Johnson, Cunningham, George, Boumann, Freerotte, and Culpepper throwing to him that he is a superstar no matter who is throwing the ball.
I see Moss having at least 15 TD catches, 1400 yards receiving, and roughly 80 catches. Pretty much close to his average stats.

If Minnesota does not acquire another premier WR, Burleson will be the #1, and will be targeted as such. He will be keyed on, doubled is needed, and his TD's will probably go down.

Just because Moss is not a Viking anymore, it doesn't mean he left his talent. Unless of course you believe it was all Denny Green's system and that the player doesn't matter, but the system.......lol

VikesRGreat
03-20-2005, 09:17 PM
Moss will have 14 Tds Nate will have 12

ultravikingfan
03-20-2005, 10:04 PM
Does it really matter when you think about it?

As long as we are winning I could care less if Randy has 20 and Nate has 1.

Angryviking
03-20-2005, 10:22 PM
True, i'm just tired of people saying our offense is gonna completely fall off the table now that moss is gone. bet moss will be green w/ envy when we have a ring and he's stuck w/ the raiders :)

PurplePackerEater
03-20-2005, 10:39 PM
XTAP59 said it Best, refer to his post for the answer.

slowlow
03-20-2005, 10:41 PM
i say moss collins as a rocket arm just like culpep

midgensa
03-20-2005, 10:47 PM
"Angryviking" wrote:

Moss didn't really run the greatest routes, he usually just ran up the field fastest than everybody and caught almost everything around him

If you think Moss does not run good routes, then you need to watch closer ...

PurplePackerEater
03-20-2005, 11:05 PM
"Angryviking" wrote:

You don't get the amount of catches that Moss got by just running straight into a cover 2! Moss ran great routes.

Also, why R U angry?!? :x

Angryviking
03-20-2005, 11:08 PM
I'm angry for one cuz i'm living down here in the desert were i never get any good info on my teams, and New Mexico just plain sucks. and i've been angry with the lack of Vikings success.

ADubya26
03-20-2005, 11:09 PM
Moss

Angryviking
03-20-2005, 11:11 PM
and even if Moss ran great routes, i still say he disappeared too much in games. And say this team will be a lot better w/o Moss

PurplePackerEater
03-20-2005, 11:17 PM
"Angryviking" wrote:

I'm angry for one cuz i'm living down here in the desert were i never get any good info on my teams, and New Mexico just plain sucks. and i've been angry with the lack of Vikings success.

LOL :sunny:

PurplePackerEater
03-20-2005, 11:19 PM
"Angryviking" wrote:

and even if Moss ran great routes, i still say he disappeared too much in games. And say this team will be a lot better w/o Moss

His stats indicate otherwise. :roll:

Angryviking
03-20-2005, 11:19 PM
"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

"Angryviking" wrote:

LOL :sunny:Yah u sure got the sunny part right, u could walk outside and fry an egg on the sidewalk.

PurplePackerEater
03-20-2005, 11:21 PM
"Angryviking" wrote:

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

"Angryviking" wrote:

LOL :sunny:Yah u sure got the sunny part right, u could walk outside and fry an egg on the sidewalk.
Winter is nice though, isn't it?

Angryviking
03-20-2005, 11:21 PM
His stats say he's a great player, which i'm not gonna argue, but i still say that this team's mindset will change and for the better. there should be no more distractions

Angryviking
03-20-2005, 11:22 PM
Yah i guess winter is nice down here. considering there isn't one.

PurplePackerEater
03-20-2005, 11:25 PM
You must be from Minnesota, you've got the"yah sure" down. Now can I get a "youbetcha"? lol

Angryviking
03-20-2005, 11:27 PM
Most of my family is from there, and my mom moved down here for a stupid job, so i'm the only one who wasn't born in the MN state. I'm so jealous of peeps who live in MN it's sad

michaelmazid
03-20-2005, 11:28 PM
"Angryviking" wrote:

no brainer, moss!!!

Angryviking
03-20-2005, 11:31 PM
well i hope i turn out to be right and it's Nate, but i would never doubt Moss abilities i would just doubt his drive to play up to his ability every game

RandyMoss8404
03-20-2005, 11:45 PM
It's funny how fast you people turned on Moss.

Moss by about 5 TD's.

Angryviking
03-20-2005, 11:56 PM
I'm not turning on Moss, and to begin with i was never a huge Moss fan. i didn't like his attitude, but i did like it when he decided to play. In order for me to become a really huge fan of his, Moss would have to have left his heart on the field instead of his teammates I hope he does well, but i hope the Vikings do better w/o him

XxS2TheEvoxX
03-21-2005, 12:06 AM
"Angryviking" wrote:

I'm not turning on Moss, and to begin with i was never a huge Moss fan. i didn't like his attitude, but i did like it when he decided to play. In order for me to become a really huge fan of his, Moss would have to have left his heart on the field instead of his teammates I hope he does well, but i hope the Vikings do better w/o him

I think we all do.

sitandbehitski
03-21-2005, 10:25 AM
Duh, Moss is Moss, even injured and missing 5 games (and injured during half the rest) he had like 11 TD's last year. Moss is gonna be fine even with Kerry throwing him the ball. Unless he gets injured he'll toast Nate's total, but we have a better D this year, and I think we'll be better in the long run.

Del Rio
03-21-2005, 10:32 AM
Collins has one of the best deep balls in the game.

But Burleson will because Moss has Porter on the other side of him and I expect him to have a big year.

cajunvike
03-21-2005, 10:47 AM
"Angryviking" wrote:

Most of my family is from there, and my mom moved down here for a stupid job, so i'm the only one who wasn't born in the MN state. I'm so jealous of peeps who live in MN it's sad

NO WONDER YOU ARE SO ANGRY!!! (caps on purpose)

AngloVike
03-21-2005, 11:15 AM
It all comes down to what offensive schemes the respective OCs decide to run.
Tice & Loney are indicating a more balanced game, so the deep ball will not be seen as often as in previous years. Burleson being the #1 will get the larger proportion thrown to him, but with Robinson, Taylor, Draft pick ?, Wiggins then the amount of balls that Nate will see will be down. However he has the ability to make yards after the catch, though with the ball not being so far downfield, then he will find it harder to make the endzone.
Moss on the other hand will see lots of deep balls. Collins will be given the green light to toss the ball up based on Moss's speed and jumping ability. Lets face it Al Davies hasn't traded for Moss to be running hook patterns and mid range passes. Given that the AFC West backs are not geared for someone of Moss's abilities etc then I'd expect him to have the edge on Nate.
Bottom line though is that we will have the TDs spread about and be the more balanced offense - as someone earlier in the thread said, as long as we're winning then I'll not be worried about comparing the two until they meet up in the Superbowl

Paulbedy59
03-21-2005, 11:17 AM
Moss,no doubt! The one thing Collins can do really well is the deep ball.And Randy can go get it. :salute:

michaelmazid
03-21-2005, 11:33 AM
I can't believe that you guys are actually comparing moss to nate. There is no comparison. Nate was only good last year because moss was always doubleteamed. Mark my word, nate will only have about 6 or 7 touchdowns this year. Moss will have at least 15. Nate had one good year and he is being compared to a legend. Come one now.

Del Rio
03-21-2005, 01:56 PM
The guy asked who will have more TD's.

And no one is comparing Moss to Burleson. Culpepper is the reason Burleson was open not Moss with his half ass jogging routes the last half of the season.

I expect all the Viking Recievers to have good years with Pepper spreading the ball around. Now that there isn't one guy there who if he doesn't get passed too every five minutes turns the burners down and could care less.

Really I'm not sure what it matters because while Moss is watching Sapp do a line of coke off the back of the lockerroom toilet the Vikings will be in the Superbowl.

VKG4LFE
03-21-2005, 05:05 PM
As long as the vikings win, "I don't give a F**K"

What movie is that quote from? Anybody know?

ultravikingfan
03-21-2005, 05:17 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Me neither! If Nate his 0, and we win (see the above quote) :cheers:

renovikesfan
03-21-2005, 05:28 PM
Agreed, most of all, about the sentiment if the Vikes win games...who cares?

And I also agree with Anglo.....with Pep spreading the ball around alot more than Collins and our running game being used more, Nate likely won't get near the opportunities for TDs that Moss will. Not dogging on Nate at all...I fully expect him to get 1000+ yards and around 10 TDs this year.

Moss, unless he gets injured, will probably put up the HOF-type numbers he was doing while in Minny.
Thankfully, I'm beginning to be able to cope with the loss with all these FA signings for the Defense.

Angryviking
03-21-2005, 08:48 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

No what movie is that from??

RandyMoss8404
03-21-2005, 09:18 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Culpepper is the reason Burleson was open not Moss with his half butt jogging routes the last half of the season.

You're usually a voice of reason, but right now you're delirious. You have to know that's not true.

Angryviking
03-21-2005, 09:25 PM
I'd say Burleson was open more cuz of his ability to run good routes.

fourdoorchevelle
03-22-2005, 02:39 AM
"Angryviking" wrote:

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

No what movie is that from?? firday starring ice cube and chris tucker. famous "smokey" line

Del Rio
03-22-2005, 08:07 AM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

Culpepper is the reason Burleson was open not Moss with his half butt jogging routes the last half of the season.

You're usually a voice of reason, but right now you're delirious. You have to know that's not true.

Nope I saw Moss dogging it the last half of the season. Burleson had over 1,000 yards recieving. Some of which came with no Moss in the game. You can attribute EVERYTHING possitive to Moss on offense but it just isn't true.

I apologize I spoke blasphemy towards your hero, as for all your many comments on how funny it is how fast people turned on Moss, some people never liked him to begin with. I find it hard to support someone who openly said he wouldn't win here, who is concerned with his stats, and who dogs some of his plays. I was giddy with joy the day we shipped him out.

Some people didn't need to turn on him. No doubt he did and will do things no one else had done. But if you try and take someone's 1,000+ yard season that was earned with hard work and effort (YAC prooves this easily) and attribute it to Moss that is a joke and a half. Especially this year.

WI-ULT-MOSS-FAN
03-22-2005, 01:26 PM
Moss, he has done it many times he has the speed, height, hands, and more experience. Nate will be good but not that good

ultravikingfan
03-22-2005, 02:48 PM
Who gives an "F" about what Moss does? I could care less! He is not a Viking! If we play them in the SB, then I will care, he will not do squat!

Angryviking
03-22-2005, 04:05 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Who gives an "F" about what Moss does? I could care less! He is not a Viking! If we play them in the SB, then I will care, he will not do squat!

He won't do squat this year or if we are against him and the Raiders in the Super Bowl?

michaelmazid
03-22-2005, 04:43 PM
come on guys. Moss doesn't even try to play and he gets 12 TD's a year. He is gonna have at least 15 TD's this year. I just wish we would have played the raiders this year.

Angryviking
03-22-2005, 04:51 PM
He was trying at the beginning of the season but after he had his injury he wasn't the same receiver. And i would argue that he was trying cuz i've seen him not try. i.e just take a step off the line of scrimmage and stop. The only times i saw him do that last year was when he was really injured. but i still say it'll be close between Burleson and Moss even tho it won't matter

Del Rio
03-22-2005, 04:55 PM
Well lets see.

Pepper threw 39 TD's last year.
Collins threw 21 TD's last year.

Pepper is becoming an elite QB in the NFL. Collins is........well Collins.

Moss caught 13TD's so take that away from Peppers numbers.............add them to Collins......................................................and lets see here.

Culpepper -27Td's
Collins------34Td's

Considering Collins will have to avoid passing to the other team, carry the one............................take the root of that and apply the who gives a shit property.............plug that into the "I play when I want " Logorithm.

Looks like the answer is pepperoni pizza.

Burley81
03-22-2005, 06:04 PM
Wiggins and Jimmy K. will have more TD's then them.

Angryviking
03-22-2005, 06:12 PM
"givemossthetoss" wrote:

Wiggins and Jimmy K. will have more TD's then them.

Wiggins and Jimmy K combined will have more TDs than Moss or Burleson? how many u think they'll get then? And i agree that Minnesota passing game is going to not rely on the deep ball as much as it has in the past

sitandbehitski
03-22-2005, 06:28 PM
I don't wish we would have played the Raiders, 'cause we would be garunteed to lose. Moss has a habit of shredding teams who gave up on him.

vikes09
03-22-2005, 11:18 PM
i dont think that team is going to play right. everything might be hunky dorey come training camp, but during the games its going to be me me me, then off plays. its giong 2 be rough being collins.

CrazyAtMSU
03-23-2005, 12:38 AM
Moss easily... collins arm doesn't have to be even half decent...
i guarentee moss will rip it up this year... the man will definately have something to prove.. plus put him in the same division as the chiefs and chargers who ranked 31st and 32nd against the pass last year? Alls collins will have to do is throw it up cunningham style... Moss could easily push/pass 20 this year...

Burleson is a great young talent but i don't think he worth counting eggs before they hatch. He had a good year last year, but 70 receptions, 1000 yards, and 9 TD's are nowhere near moss status.

collegeguyjeff
03-23-2005, 12:58 AM
hmm, kerry collins sucks and all of you know that, moss will just get the long bomb and there will be lots of interceptions and dropped passes.

burleson can run like terrell owens, and he goes up the middle cause he ain't scared, so burleson will do real good.

i think it will be very close though cause pepper makes collins look like the druggie looser that he is.

i kinda do want to see mike williams on the vikings cause it would be cool to have a big guy on each side.

Angryviking
03-23-2005, 10:13 AM
"CrazyAtMSU" wrote:

i guarentee moss will rip it up this year... the man will definately have something to prove.. plus put him in the same division as the chiefs and chargers who ranked 31st and 32nd against the pass last year? Alls collins will have to do is throw it up cunningham style... Moss could easily push/pass 20 this year...
Burleson is a great young talent but i don't think he worth counting eggs before they hatch. He had a good year last year, but 70 receptions, 1000 yards, and 9 TD's are nowhere near moss status.

Moss has never broke the 20 TD mark, and i seriously doubt that collins will be able to get him over that hump. He's had way better QBs in Minnesota and the closest he ever came was 17 TDs in '99 and '03. Collins may have a big arm but he can't place the ball nearly as well as Culpepper or Cunningham did

CrazyAtMSU
03-23-2005, 11:32 AM
"Angryviking" wrote:

"CrazyAtMSU" wrote:

Moss has never broke the 20 TD mark, and i seriously doubt that collins will be able to get him over that hump. He's had way better QBs in Minnesota and the closest he ever came was 17 TDs in '99 and '03. Collins may have a big arm but he can't place the ball nearly as well as Culpepper or Cunningham did

Its more than just collins throwing him the ball... Hes playing in the worst division in the league as far as passing defense... Plus Porter on the other side is a good reciever. And I don't think any of us have seen him play with as much passion as i think he will in oakland (with the possible acception of his rookie year).