PDA

View Full Version : Sharpers impact?

IdahoViking
03-20-2005, 01:09 PM
With the signing of Darrin Sharper from the Packers, how big of an impact does he have for the Vikes, mainly when we play the Pack. I think they will have to change their audibles and hand signals at the line when Sharper is on the field. He may be able to steal the occasional play or two also.

What do my fellow Viking fans think :?:

viks_fan21
03-20-2005, 01:21 PM
That's true.

Mr. Purple
03-20-2005, 01:22 PM
I think it gives us a big advantage...not only was he from the pack, he was a HUGE chunk of thier defense...and knows that team in and out...but knowing how dumb the packers are ( see combine pic) they wont realize that till we're up 42 points in the 4th...."oh dang man, number 4-2 was on our team sherman!!" "DANG!"

cantjumpwitmegolly
03-20-2005, 01:24 PM
that would be a big advantage 4 us

IdahoViking
03-20-2005, 01:26 PM
"MossTheFreak" wrote:

I think it gives us a big advantage...not only was he from the pack, he was a HUGE chunk of thier defense...and knows that team in and out...but knowing how dumb the packers are ( see combine pic) they wont realize that till we're up 42 points in the 4th...."oh dang man, number 4-2 was on our team sherman!!" "DANG!"I like the way you think fellow rookie.

Farve should get to know Mr. Sharper personally in 2005. I'm sure he never got a chance to hit Brett in practice so he'll be licking his chops!

VKG4LFE
03-20-2005, 01:29 PM
I think the packers are smart enough to change some of their hand signals around! They probably do it every year if not week to week during the season. Just my thoughts.

IdahoViking
03-20-2005, 01:34 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I think the packers are smart enough to change some of their hand signals around! They probably do it every year if not week to week during the season. Just my thoughts.Probably so, but Shaprer would probably know all adjustments that they may make also. I know that his presence will disrupt the Pack somehow, hell, if it pisses of the Packer fans when he picks Favre at Lambeau that will be good enough for me.

ItalianStallion
03-20-2005, 01:34 PM
Personally i think he will be valued more for leadership than for playmaking.

IdahoViking
03-20-2005, 01:59 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

Personally i think he will be valued more for leadership than for playmaking.I agree Stallion,

Nice Pic!

Love those Candian Viking Fans.

I know a lot of Calgarians living here in North Idaho

I'll have a Kokanee for ya eh!

V4L
03-20-2005, 02:11 PM
do you think he knows the Offensive hand signals?

ElBarto
03-20-2005, 02:12 PM
It should be off some advantage during games, but on the flip side of it the Packers will know everything about him, his weaknesses and tendancies etc so they'll probably cancel each other out.

MediaLoca
03-20-2005, 02:18 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I think the packers are smart enough to change some of their hand signals around! They probably do it every year if not week to week during the season. Just my thoughts.

VKG4LFE is that you or your girll posting ...

:)

VKG4LFE
03-20-2005, 02:19 PM
Oh it's me alright, but sometimes you just have to look at things logically!! lol

collegeguyjeff
03-20-2005, 02:33 PM
well i think sharper will know what kind of play the packers will do and i think he will tell us all about how they play, we will dominate i can't wait to see.

ultravikingfan
03-20-2005, 05:19 PM
I think that most teams change signals each year. I think Sharper will have impact for us because he wants to prove that he can still be a playmaker. Kinda like a "I told you so" to the Pack.

midgensa
03-20-2005, 05:32 PM
LOL, this is the frickin NFL people. Uh, duh, uh lets keep the same hand signals and everything exaclt the same so that people WHO JUST WATCH FILM can crush us, no he does not provide extra insight into what the hell Favre is doing, he will just provide extra hands into picking off Favrahs lame duck passes and extra hits to Donald "Not much better than a truck" Driver and Robert "Oh god please don't hurt me" Ferguson.

waynesworld
03-20-2005, 05:33 PM
c'mon...your talking fudge packer hand signals here... what could they possibly mean????? 1 sheep...2 sheep... 3 sheep... 4

midgensa
03-20-2005, 05:36 PM
"waynesworld" wrote:

c'mon...your talking fudge packer hand signals here... what could they possibly mean????? 1 sheep...2 sheep... 3 sheep... 4

LOL, good stuff, and calling them fudge Packers is not very nice. I mean if I was gay and you even started to compare me to the Packers I would be pissed ...

LosAngelis
03-20-2005, 05:39 PM
I don't hold any puches with this. Sharper will be more of a boon ot your team than a bane. He's going to give you some positive knowledge and expertise. He tips the scale a bit in the Packer/Viking games.

He's also got some other new faces that are talented around him..

I was one who felt that his fall from grace wasn't all his fault. It will be as interesting for us to Sharper is it will be for you guys to watch Moss.

indialovesvikes
03-21-2005, 12:06 PM
sharper;s gona be injured half the freakin time.....i aint expecting much from him

WI-ULT-MOSS-FAN
03-21-2005, 12:16 PM
I was thinking that he would be able to help out the offense too, but then I remembered the fudge kings made their d-coordinator their scape goat again and brought in jim bates so he will probably revamp their defense schemes. As for the offense, I agree they probably change signals on a weekly basis, otherwise teams would pick that up too easily in tape sessions.

IdahoViking
03-21-2005, 07:41 PM
Remember he was playing on a bad achillies also for half that season.

KJ
03-21-2005, 08:16 PM
About the hand signals: I remember Brett talking about them in "The Catch II" from NFL Films. From what it sounded like, they don't usually change hand signals. He talked about how the 49ers used pretty much the same hand signals because they both had the same Bill Walsh-descended West Coast offenses. He talked about how he faked the Niners out by using a hand signal that they knew, and changing the play so they would bite on a fake.

So, as logical as it would seem to change hand signals every week, it didn't sound like they changed them in the past.

JimFlyinsaucer
03-21-2005, 08:29 PM
Let's also not forget that the Packers practice 1s on 1s. He doesn't know the signals, he knows the players. I've heard he intercepts Favre all the time in practice.

LosAngelis
03-21-2005, 08:55 PM
Mmmm....I don't think the #1 offense faces off against the #1 defense much during the regular season. They do in training camp, but during the season they usually have the #3 QB simulating the opposing quarterback.

So, I while Sharper will have some edge in reading Favre, it's not quite as intimate as you might think.

ajefx
03-21-2005, 08:56 PM
IMO, Sharper isn't the player he once was, but he helps us in the sense that he makes GB's defense worse (apparently, that is possible :p)

fourdoorchevelle
03-22-2005, 01:32 AM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

do you think he knows the Offensive hand signals? i thought they radio'ed them in . haven't used hand signals in years . but maybe they'll revert and use the same 6 year old signals

thepacksux
03-22-2005, 12:50 PM
sharper is a good fit for a team that has two good corners and all he has to do is play over the top. He will have a positive impact on the team, not just in the GB games, he is definitely an improvement over russell

thepacksux
03-22-2005, 12:51 PM
plus they needed his cash to fill the holes on the o-line.

Anahiem_Vikings
03-30-2005, 06:56 AM
I am concerned about the tackling Sharper demonstrated. If the tackle is made before the runner gets to Sharper the better.