PDA

View Full Version : Biggest impact

cc21
03-20-2005, 12:14 AM
which one of our free agent pick ups will make the biggest impact, i say smoot, with him and winfield workin togother we will have one of the best duos of corners in the league

VikingsTw
03-20-2005, 12:33 AM
Yeah, smoot no doubt, change our taylor and put in Cowart, i may be wrong but i expect Cowart to have a HUGE impact on defense. But smoot might take the cake, who you gonna pick on smoot or winfield?

Who knows maybe Cowart or Nap will make the hugest impact!

cc21
03-20-2005, 12:44 AM
i dont no who will do better this year, smoot, or winfield, they both will b really good, i will have to say winfield though, he wont b new anymore and will have a better feel, but i dont know

predator vike
03-20-2005, 01:07 AM
"coreychavous21" wrote:

i dont no who will do better this year, smoot, or winfield, they both will b really good, i will have to say winfield though, he wont b new anymore and will have a better feel, but i dont know

Winfield is probably slightly better when you look at his tackling, but adding Smoot should be huge for our long struggling defensive backfield.

4+ INTs for Smoot would make a huge impact.

Articnv
03-20-2005, 01:29 AM
i m saying fat pat bcz he will demand double coverage and be able to plug up the middle against teh run

JLDII
03-20-2005, 02:05 AM
Pat Williams,

I think his presence is going to really help our younger players form a darn good front four, and over all defense. They are going to be nailing QB's and RB's like crazy this season! If we control the line, everybodies job gets a little bit easier!

When you look at it, we really do have a nice mix of younger talent and good vetrans.

I kinda think I'd like to play the Giants this year!!!

hawaiianvike21
03-20-2005, 03:01 AM
Pat williams. He'll help the other williams stuff the middle and help keep our lbers off of blocks.

Basically he will make our linebackers and possibly the secondary as well. If the qb has less time to throw, our secondary improves greatly because of the line.

Remember everything starts in the trenches.

JTSnow
03-20-2005, 08:37 AM
"coreychavous21" wrote:

which one of our free agent pick ups will make the biggest impact, i say smoot, with him and winfield workin togother we will have one of the best duos of corners in the league

I think it will be Sharper, he will have huge games against the packers.

sitandbehitski
03-20-2005, 10:36 AM
Smoot or Phat Pat, they'll both help greatly.

koolkev8
03-20-2005, 11:08 AM
I think Smoot will make the biggest impact, but close behind is pat williams!!!

ItalianStallion
03-20-2005, 11:11 AM
Smoot, because people won't be able to pick on our 3rd cornerback (BWill) like they did last year when Derek Ross, Shaw, Jones etc. were covering.

koolkev8
03-20-2005, 11:16 AM
I would just say to corychavous21 that this is a great thread... it gets straight to the point w/o messin around... I did a search and nobody had a thread related to this one... This is just a high quility thread right here, and keep the good threads comin...

ADubya26
03-20-2005, 11:18 AM
FAT PAT...

He eats up two bodies, which will allow K Will to rack up the sacks and allow LBs to blitz more effectively. The pressure on the QB will ease things up for the secondary...we will get more turnovers.

DT might not be the most glorious position, but can make or break a defense.

Note: Packer's D with or without Grady Jackson - big difference.

cc21
03-20-2005, 11:20 AM
packers d sucks either way

TheAnimal93
03-20-2005, 11:35 AM
Pat Williams is going to blow the line up this year. He will enable Kevin and Kenechi to wreak havoc in the backfield forcing mistakes.
Smoot is going to be there to reap the benefits along with Sharper.
Taylor is the question. Lets hope that he makes a big enough contribution that we come back to this thread and post what a surprise he is, pleasantly of course.

pillageNplunderthunder
03-20-2005, 11:42 AM
its all starts in the trenches. and with pat taking so much space up inside it will not only make our other linemen better but it will create space for the linebacker corp to be effective with the blitz and run stopping.. also with a better front end it will make the secondary better by giving them more errant passes to chase down..

this is a great question but an easy answer... a defense is built around its line... everything benefits from A great line... its like asking who will make the biggest impact out of these...
daunte, jose cortez, or jimmy kleinsausser.... of course its daunte... the offence is built around his position