PDA

View Full Version : More, More, More. How do ya like it? How do ya like it?



bono
03-19-2005, 11:20 PM
Attention Viking Lovers: I was just wondering watch you all think about the player moves your team has made thus far? On a scale of 1-10, where would you rank the moves/efforts?

ultravikingfan
03-19-2005, 11:25 PM
8 (comes before 9, after 7)

EastCoastViking
03-19-2005, 11:26 PM
Definetly 10 man. We basically upgraded our defense in one offseason I may add from a lowend to a topnotch defense. We have some great plaayers on our defense and I dont think we're done picking up players and that is why i think they have done 10 so far on this offseason.

GO VIKINGS!!

:salute:

bono
03-19-2005, 11:28 PM
when you say great players on defense, you're -for the most part -talking about ex-Packer Darren Sharper, right? Gotta be! More, more, more! How do ya like it? How do ya like it?

ultravikingfan
03-19-2005, 11:29 PM
"bono" wrote:

when you say great players on defense, you're -for the most part -talking about ex-Packer Darren Sharper, right? Gotta be! More, more, more! How do ya like it? How do ya like it?

Yeah, :roll: he was the great player we took on D. Smoot was just ok! :roll:

Caine
03-19-2005, 11:32 PM
"bono" wrote:

Attention Viking Lovers: I was just wondering watch you all think about the player moves your team has made thus far? On a scale of 1-10, where would you rank the moves/efforts?

Those green jerseys will come in handy this year...they'll blend in with your green (with envy) faces.

I think we're on the right track for the first time ion YEARS. I, for one, am tickled.

Big, fat, solid TEN baby!!!

Caine

bono
03-19-2005, 11:40 PM
yeah, well, you guys will have a far better defense than most of the teams in the NFL (definatley including ours), however, you might want to take a chill peel on offense. I think there's going to be a snow storm of 50+ yard passes and touchdowns...compliments of 4ours truly!!!!

bono
03-19-2005, 11:40 PM
yeah, well, you guys will have a far better defense than most of the teams in the NFL (definatley including ours), however, you might want to take a chill peel on offense. I think there's going to be a snow storm of 50+ yard passes and touchdowns...compliments of 4ours truly!!!!
More, more, more! How do ya like it? How do ya like it? -Andrea True Connection

Caine
03-19-2005, 11:47 PM
"bono" wrote:

yeah, well, you guys will have a far better defense than most of the teams in the NFL (definatley including ours), however, you might want to take a chill peel on offense. I think there's going to be a snow storm of 50+ yard passes and touchdowns...compliments of 4ours truly!!!!

With that stud "O" line of yours....oh....wait....that's gone now isn't it.

I think Favre will have to settle for 5 yard dink-n-dunks this season. I don't see many big cannon shots comming from GB this year. Too bad, you finally got a solid receiver corps, and the rest of the team hit the crapper.

And, with your Defense, most teams will be able to spot you 14 points, and still win.

Our "O", meanwhile, will do just fine. The focus is on Culpepper now - where it should have been all along.

GET YOUR ROLL ON!!!!!

Caine

bono
03-19-2005, 11:56 PM
Caine,
now you have the gaul to admit that our defense was a "stud"? What was the matter last season (what stopped you from admitting the facts?) ? Cheese stuck in your throat?
Furthermore, let's not get too cocky about a team (vikings) that hasn't won a game that really matter in a long time. Sure, I admit, the Vikings' defense will be cool this season...no doubt, kiddo. You don't need to have eyes to see that (holla, Darren Sharper!). But, one of your offense's top weapons is now in the big AFC. Who's gonna be the go-to guy for Culpepper now? We all know who is Favre's go-to-guy (Javon Walker for 89 % of the time...Donald Driver...etc, etc). See, it's that mindset and that underestimation towards the Packers, that's gonna throw them right into the Super Bowl, pal!!! It's just like my alma mater UW-Milwaukee Panther men's basketball team who just won their 10th straight game...second round in this whole march maddness...on their way to the sweet 16!!! They've been looked upon as underdogs...weak links...wishful thinkers...lucky animals, yada, yada, yada. But, oh, what success they're having on the coat tails of non-believers (eat that, Marquette Golden Eagles)?

bono
03-19-2005, 11:57 PM
oops!!! Caine, I meant to say "our offense" in the above post. Even I know our defense ain't no stud. yikes!!!

VikingsTw
03-19-2005, 11:58 PM
Packers are gonna be bad, real bad. They have made no improvments on defense what so ever, a draft will not fix that, at least not right away. They will still be good on offense but without a defense a team will go know where, as viking fans we should know that. I do plan to see favre on the ground a fair amount.

VikingsTw
03-20-2005, 12:02 AM
"bono" wrote:

Caine,
now you have the gaul to admit that our defense was a "stud"? What was the matter last season (what stopped you from admitting the facts?) ? Cheese stuck in your throat?
Furthermore, let's not get too cocky about a team (vikings) that hasn't won a game that really matter in a long time. Sure, I admit, the Vikings' defense will be cool this season...no doubt, kiddo. You don't need to have eyes to see that (holla, Darren Sharper!). But, one of your offense's top weapons is now in the big AFC. Who's gonna be the go-to guy for Culpepper now? We all know who is Favre's go-to-guy (Javon Walker for 89 % of the time...Donald Driver...etc, etc). See, it's that mindset and that underestimation towards the Packers, that's gonna throw them right into the Super Bowl, pal!!! It's just like my alma mater UW-Milwaukee Panther men's basketball team who just won their 10th straight game...second round in this whole march maddness...on their way to the sweet 16!!! They've been looked upon as underdogs...weak links...wishful thinkers...lucky animals, yada, yada, yada. But, oh, what success they're having on the coat tails of non-believers (eat that, Marquette Golden Eagles)?

WTF, you said minnesota hasn't won an important game in awhile, Did you miss the playoff game or where you hanging out with your Cheap @ss Hilbily cousins?

snowinapril
03-20-2005, 12:02 AM
I say as far the talent 9.

I say as far as the way it played out, a 5. The reason for the five is there is no reason why we couldn't have started with the FA signings last year. We could have had half of the free agents last year and they would have had one more year of gelling with the players and the coaches. Also, it would have made it easier on Moss and his apparently higher than mighty attitude and we wouldn't have had to trade him.

cc21
03-20-2005, 12:08 AM
i say a 9

ultravikingfan
03-20-2005, 12:16 AM
"bono" wrote:

oops!!! Caine, I meant to say "our offense" in the above post. Even I know our defense ain't no stud. yikes!!!

Hey "smartguy". Use the "edit" tab to fix your posts! I know it can be a complicated thing for you.

(it is on the upper right of the post box) :roll:

Caine
03-20-2005, 01:41 AM
"bono" wrote:

Caine,
now you have the gaul to admit that our defense was a "stud"? What was the matter last season (what stopped you from admitting the facts?) ? Cheese stuck in your throat?

First off, I said your Offensive LINE...not your Offense. You HAD a darn good O-line...but that's gone now. Flanny can't do it alone (Ask Sharper what that feels like).

Your O will be hurting w/o Wahle and Rivera. No O-line = No time to find targets = Favre on his butt = Green with no holes (Except the one between his arm and his body where the BALL used to be).

"bono" wrote:

Furthermore, let's not get too cocky about a team (vikings) that hasn't won a game that really matter in a long time. Sure, I admit, the Vikings' defense will be cool this season...no doubt, kiddo. You don't need to have eyes to see that (holla, Darren Sharper!). But, one of your offense's top weapons is now in the big AFC. Who's gonna be the go-to guy for Culpepper now?

Seems to me that the NFC Divisional Play-Off game mattered quite a bit. We stomped you pretty well there.

I wouldn't call it cocky. I call it confidence. Look at the facts:

1: Minnesota has signed multiple high-impact FA's.
2: Minnesota has cap room to play with still.
3: Minnesota has excellent draft pick locations and oppotunities.
4: Green Bay has been losing their core talent at a voracious rate.
5: Green Bay has ZERO defense.
6: Green Bay has minimal cap room to find replacement talent.

"bono" wrote:

We all know who is Favre's go-to-guy (Javon Walker for 89 % of the time...Donald Driver...etc, etc). See, it's that mindset and that underestimation towards the Packers, that's gonna throw them right into the Super Bowl, pal!!! It's just like my alma mater UW-Milwaukee Panther men's basketball team who just won their 10th straight game...second round in this whole march maddness...on their way to the sweet 16!!! They've been looked upon as underdogs...weak links...wishful thinkers...lucky animals, yada, yada, yada. But, oh, what success they're having on the coat tails of non-believers (eat that, Marquette Golden Eagles)?

It's not underestimation, it's called REALITY. Walker is good, Ferguson is good, Driver is good...when is the last time Favre had 3 GOOD receivers to throw to? Driver dropped a lot of balls last season, so this season will be the litmus test - is he REALLY good, or did he simply have a good year?

Regardless, your woes are only just starting to be revealed. An O-line is what makes an Offense work...and you haven't got one anymore. Favre won't have TIME...and he doesn't run like he used to. And your D is HORRIBLE and showing no signs of getting better (i.e. No FA's comming IN...a LOT going OUT).

So, ignoring the record of last season, match the teams up AS THEY ARE NOW...right now...before the draft. Where is our weak spot?

1: Our QB is getting better...yours is getting older.
2: We have more depth at RB...a LOT more depth.
3: Our receiver corps is every bit as good as yours...at the very least.
4: Our O-Line is rock solid (Although I'd like more depth there).
5: Our TE Tandem (Kleinsasser and Wiggins) has explosive potential.
6: Our "D" front 4 has gotten a HUGE boost (Pat Williams).
7: Our LB's have been upgraded.
8: Our Secondary is down right frightening.

Face it, you have Favre, 3 good receivers, a RB who's solid when he's not fumbling, and that's about it.

Cocky? Nope. The facts bear me out.

Caine

predator vike
03-20-2005, 02:07 AM
Like it goes with women, there's no such thing as a ten. If we got Ed Reed and Lavaar Arington and Champ Bailey and a couple more first-rounders THAT WOULD BE A TEN

That being said, it's a solid 9.

Plus, how about getting Mike Williams.

hawaiianvike21
03-20-2005, 02:59 AM
Id say 9 right now.

If we somehow get boldin and draft mike williams, id rate this a 10. We upgraded d big time but lost talent on the offensive side of the ball. Boldin and wiliams will take care of that.

dauntefan
03-20-2005, 05:04 AM
solid 9. A 10 if they draft right.

LosAngelis
03-20-2005, 10:31 AM
Compared to those great FA moves and use of your salary cap last season, I'd say a 15.

How well it all works out...remains to be seen!

mark
03-20-2005, 10:35 AM
"bono" wrote:

yeah, well, you guys will have a far better defense than most of the teams in the NFL (definatley including ours), however, you might want to take a chill peel on offense. I think there's going to be a snow storm of 50+ yard passes and touchdowns...compliments of 4ours truly!!!!
More, more, more! How do ya like it? How do ya like it? -Andrea True Connection

your not very bright are you?

koolkev8
03-20-2005, 11:32 AM
7-8

TheAnimal93
03-20-2005, 12:07 PM
The song title should read:
Four four four......
We're gonna hammer you
Four four four
We're gonna hammer you

The Vikings havent made this many moves since I don't know when. Compared to what the defense looked like last year, its a 9 if you need a number.
You can make all the jokes you want but you are nervous as a working girl in church. The days of the mighty4 being the "Great Saviour" in GB are over chum! fella! kiddo!
You see when Randy bent over he was showing the Pack that he has stolen all of Bretts' horseshoes and he is taking them with him.(hence the recent playoff losses in lam'moon). The Vikings don't need the horsehoes so Randy was welcome to take them with him.
So you should be careful when trying to rip your boy Sharper. There are 10 other guys who have his back and if he is the fragile player that you are claiming he is now that he is a Viking he will either eat a slice of Humble Pie and suck it up or he will ride the bench like Hovan and Moore. Makes no difference to us. We have capable back-ups this time around and like I always say, "You are only as good as your back-ups"!
So how are YOUR back-ups looking there, bub?

collegeguyjeff
03-20-2005, 02:35 PM
i say a 8 because we still have bennett and smith. they both should be traded and we should have alexander then we would be a 10 for sure.

fourdoorchevelle
03-20-2005, 03:03 PM
9 definitly upgraded from playoff team to disapointed if we're not in the super bowl. he!! we already won the division and the draft let alone the season hasn't even started. i see the pack in the seller for atleast 3 years while they fix their salary cap. maybe you should draft some qb's with those #1 picks you'll be working on in the not so distance future.

finnishvikingsfan
03-20-2005, 03:05 PM
I would have to say a 9.
We have gotten all our needs pretty much we could have maybe got a little better players than some of the pick ups but they are still pretty above average signings.

vikes09
03-20-2005, 03:25 PM
if we get bolden i will say a 10. that would free us up w/ our #7 pick, and we wouldnt be hoping that noone takes edwards or williams b4 then. if our draft is steller im gonna have to go crazy. have we done anything wrong this offseason??? all we could USE, bc right now there is nothing we NEED i would go for a pass rushing de.

dan3ski
03-20-2005, 05:09 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

8 (comes before 9, after 7)

just remember 7-8-9. lol

PurpleRide
03-20-2005, 05:16 PM
I say 7 for now, sharper and williams are getting older. We need to fill a few more holes, HB, WR. Then I could possibly say 10. Now from 1-10 how have the packers done this offseason? I say about -3, just because they lost 3 good players

vikingsdiva
03-20-2005, 08:05 PM
8 for now.Maybe 9 We'll see how the draft goes. Free agency has been good to us. Wonder what Moss thinks of our cheap a$$ vikings now blowing that $37 mill we had lying around

XTAP59
03-20-2005, 08:17 PM
Compared to other Red McCombs years, 2005 is a 10 plus. hands down. of course, Red is now spending Fowlers money.....

DefensivePlaymaker
03-20-2005, 08:56 PM
"bono" wrote:

Caine,
now you have the gaul to admit that our defense was a "stud"? What was the matter last season (what stopped you from admitting the facts?) ? Cheese stuck in your throat?
Furthermore, let's not get too cocky about a team (vikings) that hasn't won a game that really matter in a long time. Sure, I admit, the Vikings' defense will be cool this season...no doubt, kiddo. You don't need to have eyes to see that (holla, Darren Sharper!). But, one of your offense's top weapons is now in the big AFC. Who's gonna be the go-to guy for Culpepper now? We all know who is Favre's go-to-guy (Javon Walker for 89 % of the time...Donald Driver...etc, etc). See, it's that mindset and that underestimation towards the Packers, that's gonna throw them right into the Super Bowl, pal!!! It's just like my alma mater UW-Milwaukee Panther men's basketball team who just won their 10th straight game...second round in this whole march maddness...on their way to the sweet 16!!! They've been looked upon as underdogs...weak links...wishful thinkers...lucky animals, yada, yada, yada. But, oh, what success they're having on the coat tails of non-believers (eat that, Marquette Golden Eagles)?

What?....saying the Vikings haven't won a game that mattered in a long time! Did you miss the playoff game last year when we beat you on your precious home field?? And you act like Darren Sharper is all we've done to upgrade our D. How about Napoleon Harris, Pat Williams, Fred Smoot, and Sam Cowart to add to that?? And as far as Culpepper having a go to guy. He doesn't need to have a go to guy necessarily to be successful. Look at tom brady he's been getting the job done just fine for 3 or 4 years without a superstar wide receiver. And as for your comment about your alma mater Wis-Mil, they have beaten Alabama and Boston College...big deal. They now play Illinois....let's see how they do against a real team. Your team will not win, in fact i'd be suprised if they can even stay within 10 points of Illinois. And lastly, i'm not underestimating the Packers. If anything, you're overestimating your packers....the facts are, they have lost key players and have not gained any. Seems to me you're on this website just to run your mouth and don't really have any logic to backup your rambling biased thoughts....which has been all too typical for most packer fans i've been around.

cajunvike
03-21-2005, 09:18 AM
"bono" wrote:

yeah, well, you guys will have a far better defense than most of the teams in the NFL (definatley including ours), however, you might want to take a chill peel on offense. I think there's going to be a snow storm of 50+ yard passes and touchdowns...compliments of 4ours truly!!!!
More, more, more! How do ya like it? How do ya like it? -Andrea True Connection

#4 will be sitting on his butt most of the season...kinda hard to throw long TDs from that position...especially since the play will already be dead.

PurplePeopleEaters
03-21-2005, 03:33 PM
Vikings get a 9 based on how well they did this offseason upgrading the D. They still don't have kicker, solid recieving core, or #1 HB.

The packers on the other hand have upgraded nothing....In fact they have DOWNgraded most of their positions. They lost probably their best DB/S, Half of their O-Line, their quarterback is OLD, their HB fumbles way too much, amd their D is still one of the worst in the NFL. The packers are just plain falling apart. The only thing they have going for them is a couple of good WR.

For that the Packers get about a 3 considering Favray manages to always win a couple of games on his own.

That means IMO the Vikes are 6 points better than the Pack. Wow... have fun being the bottom-feeder of the NFC north.

:D

Del Rio
03-21-2005, 03:51 PM
that hasn't won a game that really matter in a long time

Vikings-31 Packers-17----------------> sent the cheese home



Favre should have retired.
K-Will is going to break him in half. The only thing our D has to worry about from your team is which unexperience panty wearing o-lineman to exploit on our way to old brittle bones.

vikingsdiva
03-21-2005, 04:54 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

that hasn't won a game that really matter in a long time

Vikings-31 Packers-17----------------> sent the cheese home



Favre should have retired.
K-Will is going to break him in half. The only thing our D has to worry about from your team is which unexperience panty wearing o-lineman to exploit on our way to old brittle bones.


Favre retire? I have to admit that would be a sad day for me. :cry: I love making fun of that guy. :violent3:

PurplePeopleEaters
03-21-2005, 04:59 PM
i am sure you will be screaming Moore, Moore Moore! after Mewelde runs all over your D!

How do ya like it how do ya like it. Moore Moore Moore!