PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Wiggins

snakethejake83
03-18-2005, 10:16 AM
I came across a post on a board earlier about Wiggins. Basically it was saying that we dont need him. I was appauled and it got me thinking...

I never really thought about Wiggins. I thought he was a good football player this year, but he never really stood out in my mind except for how funny he looked.

Why didnt he stand out in my mind? Because he isnt flashy...
He doesnt showboat... he just gets his job done... and get it done well he does.

Lets be real. Jermaine wiggins is most definetly NOT the prototypical tight end in the NFL. He is shorter than almost every tight end. He is a bit large. And he most certainly does NOT have blazing speed. But what is special about him? What makes him a good football player
*side note* I know this is only one year of production, but stay with me

Wiggins played in 14 games this year, and still was in the top 5 of every category for tight ends. How the hell did he do that? 1 thing. Heart
This guy has more heart than probably anybody on the roster. Lets look at his contract he signed.

5 yr - 7.3 million w/ 1 million signing bonus

I am sure that he was offered alot more money by different teams. He wants to stay purple and gold. He wears it with pride. That is not a big contract at all, infact its almost a shame seeing how low he is getting paid. There are players in the league that get more money in 1 year than he will in 5. I just want to thank him for signing a contract for such a low amount. He wants another ring more than he wants money and THAT is what a real football player is all about.

IdahoViking
03-18-2005, 10:21 AM
I agree sanke, his hands are as soft as a buterfly landing with sore feet, and heart outranks height in my book. lets' not forget he's our leading reciever and Culpepper favorite taget, plus LB's cannot cover him, he knows hoe to work the middle of the field

PurplePeopleEaters
03-18-2005, 10:24 AM
Wiggins is by far one of my favorite vikings. I got to watch him play for the Panthers for 1 year and I said to my self that we needed to see him in Purple and Gold. My wish came true and he was our leading pass catcher last year if I'm not mistaken. He became the Vikings "Mr. Reliable" and IMO we wouldn't have made the playoffs without him.
:salute:

2fat4uVike
03-18-2005, 10:50 AM
Right on PPE, wiggy made more 3rd and 4th down keep the drive alive catches then anyone on our team. Think of him as a Moe Williams of tight ends, brings the lunch bucket, and just gets HIS job done.

vkstillidie
03-18-2005, 11:35 AM
yes, Wigg should be the guy that everyone in the team should look up to and follow. I just wanna add Moe together with Wigg as the exceptional players. :salute:

Foreman44
03-18-2005, 12:38 PM
Yep, Wiggins was Mr. Reliable/Clutch last year for sure. Definitely a smart move to resign him. It'll be interesting to see how they use both him and Kleinsasser this year.

PAvikesfan
03-18-2005, 01:39 PM
Wiggins will be one of our top recievers this year too... he will catch more balls than Mrob and our whole RB core combined. Mr. Clutch... it's 3 and 6 and where do you go--you go to wiggins for 8 yards.

ultravikingfan
03-18-2005, 01:40 PM
Wiggy was awesome last year! Went about his business quietly! It was fun watching him drag guys around too. :salute:

PAvikesfan
03-18-2005, 01:47 PM
i remember him hurdling tackles and draggin sometimes three players on his back to get him down... he is a fun football player to watch!

collegeguyjeff
03-18-2005, 03:46 PM
"snakethejake83" wrote:

I came across a post on a board earlier about Wiggins. Basically it was saying that we dont need him. I was appauled and it got me thinking...

I never really thought about Wiggins. I thought he was a good football player this year, but he never really stood out in my mind except for how funny he looked.

Why didnt he stand out in my mind? Because he isnt flashy...
He doesnt showboat... he just gets his job done... and get it done well he does.

Lets be real. Jermaine wiggins is most definetly NOT the prototypical tight end in the NFL. He is shorter than almost every tight end. He is a bit large. And he most certainly does NOT have blazing speed. But what is special about him? What makes him a good football player
*side note* I know this is only one year of production, but stay with me

Wiggins played in 14 games this year, and still was in the top 5 of every category for tight ends. How the hell did he do that? 1 thing. Heart
This guy has more heart than probably anybody on the roster. Lets look at his contract he signed.

5 yr - 7.3 million w/ 1 million signing bonus

I am sure that he was offered alot more money by different teams. He wants to stay purple and gold. He wears it with pride. That is not a big contract at all, infact its almost a shame seeing how low he is getting paid. There are players in the league that get more money in 1 year than he will in 5. I just want to thank him for signing a contract for such a low amount. He wants another ring more than he wants money and THAT is what a real football player is all about.

wiggins didnt sign with a different team because of contract demands, and nobody trusted he could play as good as he did with us. and wiggins loves us cause nobody would give him a chance in the nfl

sitandbehitski
03-18-2005, 03:54 PM
I heard he was offered more by a couple of other teams but decided to resign with us after thinking about it.

Wiggins kicks @$$!!!!

vikings_fan66
03-18-2005, 04:00 PM
"sitandbehitski" wrote:

I heard he was offered more by a couple of other teams but decided to resign with us after thinking about it.

Wiggins kicks @$$!!!!

I heard that as well.

GO WIGGINS GO!!!!!!