PDA

View Full Version : Jullian peterson...maybe being dealt



VIKES_1181
03-17-2005, 09:18 PM
Niners coach Mike Nolan said this week that nobody has offered the team a specific deal for two-time Pro Bowl linebacker Julian Peterson, but there has been some interest from other teams regarding his availability. "No one has approached us, but there have been inquiries," Nolan said. "Some of them have inquired about how healthy he is. Nothing of a serious tone, just feeling each other out." Peterson - tagged by the 49ers last month as their franchise player for the second consecutive year - is not a player the 49ers are considering making available to other teams. "There is no interest in trading Julian," Nolan said. "I hope he signs his deal, though. I don't know what he will do, but I certainly hope he does. We want him to be every bit a part of what we do." Peterson has yet to sign his one-year tender off as the team's franchise player, a deal that will guarantee him a salary of at least $7.29 million in 2005.

ultravikingfan
03-17-2005, 09:45 PM
How much is Hartwell asking for? We could definately afford Peterson.

finnishvikingsfan
03-17-2005, 09:51 PM
I would love to see Peterson. But I highly doubt we would attempt it.

midgensa
03-17-2005, 09:55 PM
Anyone who would not WANT Peterson is an idiot, but what exactly would we have to give up?

misteralay
03-17-2005, 09:57 PM
This is where i go back to ask why didnt we do moss for peterson and their first pick? we couldv'e easily threw in our second round also.

PurplePeopleEaters
03-17-2005, 10:16 PM
"misteralay" wrote:

This is where i go back to ask why didnt we do moss for peterson and their first pick? we couldv'e easily threw in our second round also.

too much of a decision for tice. :roll:

eclipse_2303
03-18-2005, 04:00 AM
I say trade the #7 & one of our RB to SF for him. He is one of the best linebackers in the game today. only 3 that are better IMO are Ray Lewis & Zach Thomas.

midgensa
03-18-2005, 05:14 AM
"eclipse_2303" wrote:

I say trade the #7 & one of our RB to SF for him. He is one of the best linebackers in the game today. only 3 that are better IMO are Ray Lewis & Zach Thomas.

DONT TRADE THE SEVEN FOR ANYTHING BUT MOVING UP IN THE DRAFT!

Norseman1775
03-18-2005, 05:48 AM
Lets keep #7, cross our fingers, and hope we can get DJ [-o<. He's very similar to Peterson and would be a lot cheaper.

mnvikes64
03-18-2005, 06:28 AM
Lets not give up number 7 pick, but what about the 18th pick for him.

Vikes
03-18-2005, 07:15 AM
"misteralay" wrote:

This is where i go back to ask why didnt we do moss for peterson and their first pick? we couldv'e easily threw in our second round also.

We wanted MOSS out of the NFC. Also Moss runs like crap on grass.

2beersTommy
03-18-2005, 07:22 AM
Peterson would be a great pick up..but what would we have to give to get him ? 7th..no way..18th ?..maybe This defense is gonna be smokin next year..cant wait !

ultravikingfan
03-18-2005, 07:37 AM
"Vikes" wrote:

"misteralay" wrote:

This is where i go back to ask why didnt we do moss for peterson and their first pick? we couldv'e easily threw in our second round also.

We wanted MOSS out of the NFC. Also Moss runs like crap on grass.

49ers play on grass.

sitandbehitski
03-18-2005, 09:22 AM
Zack Thomas at #2? Don't get me wrong Zack is great, but #2 in the league???!!!

sitandbehitski
03-18-2005, 09:26 AM
Oh, yeah, and Julian Peterson would kick @$$!!!

But don't give up our #7 for him....

(Doesn't he play SAM, though, which Napoleon has?)

sabatajh
03-18-2005, 09:47 AM
"sitandbehitski" wrote:

Oh, yeah, and Julian Peterson would kick @$$!!!

But don't give up our #7 for him....

(Doesn't he play SAM, though, which Napoleon has?)


Ive been wrong before but I'm pretty sure he plays Will.

I say give up 18 and one of our youg LB's like Thomas maybe throw in a RB to sure it up.

muchluv4smoot
03-18-2005, 02:40 PM
"VIKES_1181" wrote:

Niners coach Mike Nolan said this week that nobody has offered the team a specific deal for two-time Pro Bowl linebacker Julian Peterson, but there has been some interest from other teams regarding his availability. "No one has approached us, but there have been inquiries," Nolan said. "Some of them have inquired about how healthy he is. Nothing of a serious tone, just feeling each other out." Peterson - tagged by the 49ers last month as their franchise player for the second consecutive year - is not a player the 49ers are considering making available to other teams. "There is no interest in trading Julian," Nolan said. "I hope he signs his deal, though. I don't know what he will do, but I certainly hope he does. We want him to be every bit a part of what we do." Peterson has yet to sign his one-year tender off as the team's franchise player, a deal that will guarantee him a salary of at least $7.29 million in 2005.




Did I read this wrong, or did they not say they had no intentions of trading him? Sure we said that with Moss, but this is in no way the same situation. I would love to get a LB with his abilities on our team, but like they said, no way in he!! they trade him. He will eventaully sign and take his $7.29 million for this year.

vikes09
03-18-2005, 04:08 PM
i dont think id want him if he played will since we got cowart.

DaunteHOF
03-18-2005, 05:21 PM
Michael Bennet for Peterson? YES!

sitandbehitski
03-18-2005, 05:31 PM
Unfortunately it'll never happen.

ultravikingfan
03-18-2005, 05:32 PM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

Michael Bennet for Peterson? YES!

Very unlikely.

eclipse_2303
03-18-2005, 06:35 PM
49ers | Not Interested in Trading Peterson - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:09:18 -0800

The Oakland Tribune reports San Francisco 49ers head coach Mike Nolan said the team is not interested in trading OLB Julian Peterson (Achilles'), who is the team's "franchise" player. Peterson has yet to sign his one-year, $7.29 million tender offer.

JDogg926
03-18-2005, 06:47 PM
Best LB's in league:

1. Ray Lewis
2. Teddy Bruschi
3. Julian Peterson
4. Lavar Arrington


Zach Thomas is probably somewhere in the top 10, but I don't consider him a top 5
.

grpape
03-18-2005, 07:03 PM
Did the 49ers even want Moss? It seems that we got what any team was offering. How is Peterson's health anyway? Didn't he rupture his achillies? The 49ers play on grass, the turf might not be that forgiving on one's legs.

collegeguyjeff
03-18-2005, 07:12 PM
"misteralay" wrote:

This is where i go back to ask why didnt we do moss for peterson and their first pick? we couldv'e easily threw in our second round also.

and pay the #1 pick big bucks?

ItalianStallion
03-18-2005, 07:19 PM
We will not get Peterson. He also is asking for an enormous contract and is coming off a serious injury (I think he is still recovering)