PDA

View Full Version : LAST NIGHT



michaelmazid
03-17-2005, 06:28 PM
I know that I am a newbie and you oldtimers look down on us newbies starting threads but I just had to share this.
I was up late lastnight watching the playoff game between the vikes and the packers and I must admit Darren Sharper looked horrible. I actually watched the game just to see how he plays but man I tell you, he made brian russel look like Ed Reed. I hope Ted Cotrell knows what he is doing because D.Sharper looked BAD and he just might be the weakest link of our defense. He needs to work on his tackling drills and he never made it in time when the ball was passed over the top. He was responsible for the first moss touchdown and the burleson touch down. He was always two steps behind and he must have missed at least 6 tackles. I dont really think picking him up was a good decision. I wish we could have gotten D.Darius :scratch:

ultravikingfan
03-17-2005, 06:38 PM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

I know that I am a newbie and you oldtimers look down on us newbies starting threads but I just had to share this.
I was up late lastnight watching the playoff game between the vikes and the packers and I must admit Darren Sharper looked horrible. I actually watched the game just to see how he plays but man I tell you, he made brian russel look like Ed Reed. I hope Ted Cotrell knows what he is doing because D.Sharper looked BAD and he just might be the weakest link of our defense. He needs to work on his tackling drills and he never made it in time when the ball was passed over the top. He was responsible for the first moss touchdown and the burleson touch down. He was always two steps behind and he must have missed at least 6 tackles. I dont really think picking him up was a good decision. I wish we could have gotten D.Darius :scratch:

We don't look down on newbs starting new threads. Just make sure you have something that is not already posted or unique. We encourage you to make good threads. Go by forum etiquette and rules; you will not go wrong. :salute:

LosAngelis
03-17-2005, 06:41 PM
In fact, newbie, I like the fact you start a thread ripping on Sharper. Keep it up!!!

cc21
03-17-2005, 06:47 PM
i think sharper will do good here.

vikes09
03-17-2005, 06:58 PM
i think he and corey chavous had the same problem. they tried to do TOO much.

ADubya26
03-17-2005, 06:59 PM
We also had Randy Moss...he makes 90% of safeties look like scrubs.

ultravikingfan
03-17-2005, 07:40 PM
"coreychavous21" wrote:

i think sharper will do good here.

I agree. He has a good set of CB's and Chavous back there with him, he'll be fine! :salute:

BleedGoldnPurple
03-17-2005, 10:16 PM
Y wud u want darius, u want chavous to leave? chavous leaving would ruin the defense.. thats heart in chavous

Caine
03-18-2005, 12:35 AM
Sharper looked bad because he was trying to play 4 positions at once.

Harris was too busy braiding his hair, Carroll was too busy dry-humping the receivers legs, and Roman was too busy wondering what color he'd be wearing next year. Sharper was the ONLY one even remotely in the game.

Now that he's left GB, he can focus on playing only HIS position.

Caine

dauntefan
03-18-2005, 02:56 AM
I happen to be a fan of Sharper. I think he he will do alright. To be honest, Sharper was the only Packer that I didn't really mind, so maybe I'm kinda bias.

hawaiianvike21
03-18-2005, 02:59 AM
To be optimistic, whenever a player continues his career on another team, he usually plays harder and better to show why he was a good signing and to prove himself to the fans as well.

Dont forget hes looking for some revenge on his old team as another reason he'll play decent when we play the pack.

eclipse_2303
03-18-2005, 03:58 AM
Sharper also had a bad knee. He didn't make Brian Russell look good Brett Favre did.

Del Rio
03-18-2005, 07:01 AM
I don't like the pickup myself. I think it was a corner cutting deal, but anyway with that said.

Sharper played last season through an injury. The packers bashed him for getting hurt and he played hurt then when his numbers slump they say he is getting old or his game is slipping.

This is his make or break year IMO. If he is healthy he will be a great addition.

michaelmazid
03-18-2005, 11:57 AM
I hope you guys are right. Dont get me wrong, he is alot better than B.Russal but man did he look bad against minnesota. Also, he always seems to score a couple of touchdowns a season. We need that since it seems like our Corners never returns picks or fumbels for touchdown.

GBMiah
03-18-2005, 12:46 PM
You gotta keep in mind that the defense was a mass of confusion late in the season. You may have seen several incidents where the secondary were arguing amongst themselves, sometimes violently. Slowik's scheme was just to complicated. Which resulted in all of our secondary (save Al Harris and Sharper at times) looking like jackholes. Compounded by the fact that Sharper missed several games and played sparingly in others and was generally hampered 2/3 of the season. Despite that he still had 4 int and scored 3 defensive TD's. It doesnt matter who you have in your secondary, if QB's have all the time in the world to throw your going to look bad, your going to be out of place and your going to look bad at times tackling. Such was the case this year as we had probably the poorest pass rush in recent memory.

Its not an excuse but playing injured changes your mental approach to how you tackle, which I think was part of the case atleast with Sharper. I remember several of those whiffs from that game, and you have to put atleast half of that credit on the Vikes amazing stable of backs as well.

He will be good for you guys (unfortunately) He's only 29 and he has a more proven surrounding cast and has the most interceptions in the league during the last 4 seasons. That and he has that leadership ability similiar that of Reggie White. And we all know how far that can take a unit.

collegeguyjeff
03-18-2005, 01:05 PM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

I know that I am a newbie and you oldtimers look down on us newbies starting threads but I just had to share this.
I was up late lastnight watching the playoff game between the vikes and the packers and I must admit Darren Sharper looked horrible. I actually watched the game just to see how he plays but man I tell you, he made brian russel look like Ed Reed. I hope Ted Cotrell knows what he is doing because D.Sharper looked BAD and he just might be the weakest link of our defense. He needs to work on his tackling drills and he never made it in time when the ball was passed over the top. He was responsible for the first moss touchdown and the burleson touch down. He was always two steps behind and he must have missed at least 6 tackles. I dont really think picking him up was a good decision. I wish we could have gotten D.Darius :scratch:

sharper was playing with a injury.

collegeguyjeff
03-18-2005, 01:07 PM
"Caine" wrote:

Sharper looked bad because he was trying to play 4 positions at once.

Harris was too busy braiding his hair, Carroll was too busy dry-humping the receivers legs, and Roman was too busy wondering what color he'd be wearing next year. Sharper was the ONLY one even remotely in the game.

Now that he's left GB, he can focus on playing only HIS position.

Caine

yeah he was trying to help out the other positions cause those players were so bad. i saw sharper helping out the right cornerback that got beat by moss cause the packers are awful

Ltrey33
03-18-2005, 01:10 PM
Sharper is better than Russell in the first place, and also Sharper didn't have a whole lotta help back there. The Vikes have two very good corners now, so he won't be on as much of an island.

Del Rio
03-18-2005, 01:14 PM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

Sharper looked bad because he was trying to play 4 positions at once.

Harris was too busy braiding his hair, Carroll was too busy dry-humping the receivers legs, and Roman was too busy wondering what color he'd be wearing next year. Sharper was the ONLY one even remotely in the game.

Now that he's left GB, he can focus on playing only HIS position.

Caine

yeah he was trying to help out the other positions cause those players were so bad. i saw sharper helping out the right cornerback that got beat by moss cause the packers are awful

Exactly what happened to our safties last year, and yet no one gives them any slack :D

JohnnyBGoode
03-18-2005, 11:22 PM
i love how u all love sharper now lol stupid vikings

ultravikingfan
03-18-2005, 11:37 PM
"JohnnyBGoode" wrote:

i love how u all love sharper now lol stupid vikings

So, you are going to pop your head in and take a jab?

http://bofe.blogs.com/photos/photos/stfu.jpg

jackyl
03-18-2005, 11:40 PM
"JohnnyBGoode" wrote:

i love how u all love sharper now lol stupid vikings

yeah it's pretty easy to like players and still hate the team...

http://www.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/insider/apr03/nb342603.jpg

koolkev8
03-18-2005, 11:50 PM
I hope Sharper does well w/ the Vikes... But that one could have been a bad game for Sharper... U never know... and hopefully he fits well w/ our defence!!!

Skol Vikes!!!

michaelmazid
03-19-2005, 02:49 AM
"JohnnyBGoode" wrote:

i love how u all love sharper now lol stupid vikings

Another green bay fan on this site. How come you are not on a green packers site? U guys have been riding on sharper's jock ever since he came in to the league and you just turn on a dime like that. Let me tell you something, I like moss when he was here and I still like him. It doesnt matter that he has been tradede. Same goes for robert griffth. All you greenbay fans do is ride Farve's jock but don't worry. He will be retiring for sure this year and you will go back to where you have always been. 4-12 record at the bottom of the nfc

VKG4LFE
03-20-2005, 11:58 AM
I'm still pissed about this signing! He has gone down hill the last couple of years, and now he comes to us after an injury filled season. I hope I have to eat crow at the end of the season, but he reminds me of Orlando Thomas! I will struggle to cheer for someone with the devil's colors in him!!!

michaelmazid
03-20-2005, 01:36 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I'm still pissed about this signing! He has gone down hill the last couple of years, and now he comes to us after an injury filled season. I hope I have to eat crow at the end of the season, but he reminds me of Orlando Thomas! I will struggle to cheer for someone with the devil's colors in him!!!

I know exactly what you mean. I don't really like him even now that he is a viking. Only good thing about him is that he usually score 3 or 4 touchdowns a season. But deep down inside, he will be a packer forever and I hate him for that.

IdahoViking
03-20-2005, 01:55 PM
"GBMiah" wrote:

You gotta keep in mind that the defense was a mass of confusion late in the season. You may have seen several incidents where the secondary were arguing amongst themselves, sometimes violently. Slowik's scheme was just to complicated. Which resulted in all of our secondary (save Al Harris and Sharper at times) looking like jackholes. Compounded by the fact that Sharper missed several games and played sparingly in others and was generally hampered 2/3 of the season. Despite that he still had 4 int and scored 3 defensive TD's. It doesnt matter who you have in your secondary, if QB's have all the time in the world to throw your going to look bad, your going to be out of place and your going to look bad at times tackling. Such was the case this year as we had probably the poorest pass rush in recent memory.

Its not an excuse but playing injured changes your mental approach to how you tackle, which I think was part of the case atleast with Sharper. I remember several of those whiffs from that game, and you have to put atleast half of that credit on the Vikes amazing stable of backs as well.

He will be good for you guys (unfortunately) He's only 29 and he has a more proven surrounding cast and has the most interceptions in the league during the last 4 seasons. That and he has that leadership ability similiar that of Reggie White. And we all know how far that can take a unit.Packer guy, your right

Rember that Sharper had to play with some bad talent at CB last year and Moss makes everybody look bad!