PDA

View Full Version : When will the 2005-2006 FF League Start?..

NordicNed
03-17-2005, 02:17 PM
Will it be sometime after the Draft?.....

Would like to get involved this year....

Thanks, Ned

ChiTownVike
03-17-2005, 02:19 PM
Yea, me too that would be cool, this is my first year on the site and could someone tell me how to play

ultravikingfan
03-18-2005, 08:34 PM
Drafts are usually a week or so before the season starts. That way all of the rosters are set and the preseason. It would really suck to draft somebody to early and have them break a leg in a preseason game (Vick). I do not know if that is how it goes here, but every other FFL I have been in that's the way we do it.

triedandtruevikesfan
04-18-2005, 02:36 AM
I do believe last year we did the draft sometime between the start of preseason and the regular season. I don't think preseason was over yet though. I could definately be wrong!!

PAvikesfan
04-18-2005, 02:54 AM
i want in too... love FF.

ItalianStallion
04-18-2005, 03:27 AM
Yah it is usually a week or so before the Regular season starts. I wouldn't be against expanding it to 3 or 4 "leagues" this year with playoffs the last 2 or three weeks.

The only thing I'd change is instant waiver wire action (if possible) and more teams per league, since the talent pool was a little saturated last year and that takes away from the skill aspect.

Webby
04-18-2005, 03:30 AM
I agree Italian. We'll be firing up some stuff in July, getting organized.

English Vike
04-18-2005, 01:19 PM
how many people played last year? it would be good to get an idea from people how many would be wanting to play this time so we could start thinking of ways to organise things.

AngloVike
04-18-2005, 09:36 PM
I'm tempted to take part this year... show the natives how it should be done :lol: :lol:

English Vike
04-19-2005, 01:12 AM
im definitely gonna play, i will be awful, i've only been following NFL properly for literally about 5 months! still, i bet it would help me learn a lot more anyway.

LuckyVike
04-19-2005, 01:17 AM
Yea, I would DEFINATELY want to get in this. I love fantasy sports leagues and to be in a football league with a bunch of Vikings fans, well, that would be killler lol. :twisted:

PBDragon
04-19-2005, 02:03 AM
Hey guys,

I'm starting a keeper league this year on Yahoo too, if anyone's interested.

PB

http://purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9798

AngloVike
04-19-2005, 10:35 AM
"English Vike" wrote:

im definitely gonna play, i will be awful, i've only been following NFL properly for literally about 5 months! still, i bet it would help me learn a lot more anyway.
Not just that but helps you keep of the other players that are out there in the league. There are some people who are really clued up on their team but know of anyone outside of it. Makes you realise the production and numbers that some players put up without ever getting the recognition for it - simply because the media concentrates on the big names.