PDA

View Full Version : Would You Make This Trade?

MN_Jet_Fan
03-17-2005, 01:42 PM
Since the Jets couldn't get John Abraham to sign the offer sheet, we might shop him. Would you trade a first and a third this year for him? He is the best speed rusher in the game when healthy.

Would you trade 7th overall and a third? Or would it have to be the 18th and a third?

finnishvikingsfan
03-17-2005, 01:49 PM
good question. if I had to give up a first round pick it would be the 18th pick. His health could be a factor. He can change the some games so I dont really know.

Del Rio
03-17-2005, 01:49 PM
I wouldn't trade anything this year for him.

cajunvike
03-17-2005, 02:01 PM
NO TRADE!!!

Vikings Fan At MSU
03-17-2005, 02:03 PM
"MN_Jet_Fan" wrote:

Since the Jets couldn't get John Abraham to sign the offer sheet, we might shop him. Would you trade a first and a third this year for him? He is the best speed rusher in the game when healthy.

Would you trade 7th overall and a third? Or would it have to be the 18th and a third?

I would only trade the 18th pick and nothing else.....he isnt worth.....hes injured alot and is too big of a pussy when hes injured to play

cajunvike
03-17-2005, 02:08 PM
"Vikings Fan At MSU" wrote:

"MN_Jet_Fan" wrote:

I would only trade the 18th pick and nothing else.....he isnt worth.....hes injured alot and is too big of a pussy when hes injured to play

Hey what happened to the filter? LOL

BulldogSully
03-17-2005, 02:09 PM
Edgerrin James didn't even get a first round pick offerred for him. I have no reason as to why we'd need to give up a first and sign him to a huge contract when he's looking out for himself as opposed to his team like him resting his knee in the playoffs. No heart.

NordicNed
03-17-2005, 02:09 PM
He's a stinking QUITER.........I'de laugh if he never played again.......

MN_Jet_Fan
03-17-2005, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the responses. I was really curious what you guys thought. Not sure I'd give full market value for a quitter like him either.

He is REALLY talented tho. Might a change of scenery or Tice's tough guy attitude help?

ElBarto
03-17-2005, 02:51 PM
"MN_Jet_Fan" wrote:

That's the key right there.

No, I'd rather we pick up a DE through the draft and keep our picks.

jackyl
03-17-2005, 03:06 PM
NFW.

ultravikingfan
03-17-2005, 03:08 PM
No way!

finnishvikingsfan
03-17-2005, 03:09 PM
A lot of the Mock drafts I have seen has said James will fall to us at the 18th pick.

mark
03-17-2005, 03:16 PM
hes not a team player.we dont need him. id rather get one in the draft

snowinapril
03-17-2005, 03:21 PM
"mark" wrote:

True, not a team player.

But, what if he is in need of a change of pace?

I don't want him though. I think we have added a lot of high profile guys from FA and it would be better to get someone that is or has been cut than to trade for him. A team will really have to be high on him to make a trade.

mark
03-17-2005, 03:24 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"mark" wrote:

True, not a team player.

But, what if he is in need of a change of pace?

I don't want him though. I think we have added a lot of high profile guys from FA and it would be better to get someone that is or has been cut than to trade for him. A team will really have to be high on him to make a trade.

i agree. that would be crazy to give up a 1st rounder for him when people like james,alexander and darious wont even get that

mnjamie
03-17-2005, 06:02 PM
Hi everyone,

New here, first time. I wouldnt trade for him, unless the Jets would take a 2nd rounder for him (if we're not taking "The NUGE"). He's too injury prone and I think we're okay on the defensive front line.

Paulbedy59
03-17-2005, 06:58 PM
For a change of scenery,how about him sitting in the stands for a year,unsigned,watching a few games.. No trade,,no way!! :salute:

IbleedPURPLEandGOLD
03-17-2005, 07:41 PM
I'd Give our 2nd rounder, and 3rd Rounder.

CC80
03-17-2005, 09:25 PM
I know the last 2 years there have been some trades made, but I still think there wont be many trades like the rumors that are out there.

dopenose420
03-17-2005, 10:10 PM
"MN_Jet_Fan" wrote:

Might a change of scenery or Tice's tough guy attitude help?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thanks for the laugh.

tice is a freaking teddy bear.

eclipse_2303
03-18-2005, 04:03 AM
"MN_Jet_Fan" wrote:

1st off he isnt the best speed rusher in the game when healthy. Dwight Freeney is. 2nd, dont give away the #7. Give the #18 & a 3rd. He is too big of a risk to give up the #7 because he is injury prone.

UTVikfan
03-18-2005, 04:29 AM
Beat me to it Eclipse. Freeney smokes him. I wouldn't even give those picks, and have to pay Freeney the money for Freeney. Let alone him. We can pick one up in the draft if need be.

NavyVik
03-18-2005, 04:45 AM
He definitly doesn't fit the theme of our additions (FA/Trades) to date, TEAM PLAYERS:

N. Harris, P. Williams, F. Smoot, Wiggins, D. Sharper, T. Taylor, B. Johnson

All are team first guys.

I would say no thanks to Abraham.

collegeguyjeff
03-18-2005, 03:40 PM
"MN_Jet_Fan" wrote:

abraham is a big baby, i woudln't give anything to get him.

PurplePharaoh
03-18-2005, 04:16 PM
I would trade our 7th round pick for lets sayyyyyyyy, COWART.

chuck44
03-18-2005, 05:50 PM
Has no heart. Would not won't to see him in Purple and Gold

eclipse_2303
03-18-2005, 06:39 PM
I think we need a DE who plays the run well. I think Udeze & K will are a great pass rushing tandem & will be for years to come. We need to bulk up on that line & let the linebackers speed take over games. Trading for trevor pryce would be better than abraham IMO. Pryce is a big physical guy who plays the run well.

grpape
03-18-2005, 07:08 PM
Too much of a gamble to see if all he needs is a change of pace. A lot of players, that needed this change, did not have an issue about playing hurt ($$$ issue). I don't think you or the other players could trust someone who thinks like this. To answer the question, I'll quote Jackyl, "NFW"!

ItalianStallion
03-18-2005, 07:27 PM
I could probably name at least 5 pass rushers better than Abraham...Freeney, Kearse, Rice, Ogunleye, Peppers, Taylor...

PurplePeopleEaters
03-18-2005, 07:32 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

I could probably name at least 5 pass rushers better than Abraham...Freeney, Kearse, Rice, Ogunleye, Peppers, Taylor...

That is hard to say after he led the NFL in sacks last year.

nextvikingsstar
03-18-2005, 07:57 PM
why not make this trade hes a prove player who gets it done and it would fill our last void on defense

ultravikingfan
03-18-2005, 08:02 PM
"nextvikingsstar" wrote:

why not make this trade hes a prove player who gets it done and it would fill our last void on defense

To bad he plays when he wants to.

mvikes84
03-18-2005, 09:25 PM
"MN_Jet_Fan" wrote:

Would you trade 7th overall and a third? Or would it have to be the 18th and a third? Correction. Dwight Freeney is the best speed rusher in the game.

ultravikingfan
03-18-2005, 09:36 PM
"mvikes84" wrote:

"MN_Jet_Fan" wrote:

Would you trade 7th overall and a third? Or would it have to be the 18th and a third? Correction. Dwight Freeney is the best speed rusher in the game.

"eclipse_2303" wrote:

"MN_Jet_Fan" wrote:

1st off he isnt the best speed rusher in the game when healthy. Dwight Freeney is. 2nd, dont give away the #7. Give the #18 & a 3rd. He is too big of a risk to give up the #7 because he is injury prone.