PDA

View Full Version : Secondary

Angryviking
03-16-2005, 06:18 PM
Now that we have two good corners. I was wondering who do u think should pick up the #1 receiver, Smoot or Winfield. I know they're gonna knock some people are their a$$e$, but i can't c a clear cut decision on who should cover the #1 receiver. Also can anybody remeber the last time we had two corners worth talking bout?

vikingzlord26
03-16-2005, 06:20 PM
we gotta great secondary

vikingzlord26
03-16-2005, 06:29 PM
good one

Paulbedy59
03-16-2005, 06:30 PM
That would all depend on what kind of reciever the opponents #1 reciever is.If he is more of a physical type possesion guy I would put Winfield.If he was more of a finesse type deep guy I would put Smoot.It all depends. :salute:

ultravikingfan
03-16-2005, 06:40 PM
Wow, good question. I never thought of that! How about it muchluv?

BleedGoldnPurple
03-16-2005, 06:42 PM
When we verse da bears put smoot on muhammad, with the lions i think winfield should guard rogers, the smaller recievers shud be winfields, smoot cud jump higher, but winfield is just a lil better than smoot

midgensa
03-16-2005, 06:49 PM
I think it definitely depends on match-ups. I would almost always have Winfield taking the top man though. He is physical and dominating at the line of scrimmage and does not miss tackles. If he can handle the top man, the other QB will go after Smoot and play into the fact that Smoot actually has the better hands!! Could be a lot of scheming with two players so talented and Sharper and Chavous may just run around picking up the scraps.

RandyMoss8404
03-16-2005, 06:56 PM
Winfield gave up 1 TD last year - one that wasn't even really a touchdown - the least of any starting corner in the NFL. This isn't even a question.

wisc vike
03-16-2005, 07:05 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Winfield gave up 1 TD last year - one that wasn't even really a touchdown - the least of any starting corner in the NFL. This isn't even a question.Totally agree, Winfield no doubt.

Angryviking
03-16-2005, 07:10 PM
from what i've seen it seems like Winfield is a much more physical corner and Smoot is better at coverage but i haven't seen all the much film of Smoot but if that stat bout only giving up one touchdown is true then Winfield will probaly c most of the #1 receiver but i still say it's close enuff to argue

dopenose420
03-16-2005, 07:10 PM
"Paulbedy59" wrote:

That would all depend on what kind of reciever the opponents #1 reciever is.If he is more of a physical type possesion guy I would put Winfield.If he was more of a finesse type deep guy I would put Smoot.It all depends. :salute:

bingo, i really doubt either one of them is going to be the true #1, each week it will vary depending upon who we face.

viks_fan21
03-16-2005, 07:21 PM
Actually, Smoot can cover better, but with winfields ability to tackle, you want him on the #1 so that he gets and oppurtunity to hit some people.

muchluv4smoot
03-16-2005, 07:39 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Wow, good question. I never thought of that! How about it muchluv?

I think both CB's are good enough, that we won't need to match one of them on a certain WR. We will let one play left CB and one play right CB. Whichever side the #1 WR lines up on, that CB will take him. This really favors our CB's, because they can get used to playing one side of the field.

IbleedPURPLEandGOLD
03-16-2005, 08:13 PM
Fast, quick guy- Smoot

Big, physical guy- Winfield