PDA

View Full Version : RATE the postions

PAvikesfan
03-16-2005, 01:51 PM
as i see it we only have three holes on this team:

help me out in rating the squads:

Oline: B/B+

we could use some more depth on the line. a draft pick to get some will be nice. all in all, our O line is quite good.

WR's: C/C+

our receivers have a lot of upside, but we one more WR from the draft to make it a B or higher. Mike Williams or Clayton maybe?

RB's: B

We got depth but lack one true back to carry the load.

TE's: A+

Can't get any better than what we have. combo of a blocker and a clutch receiver.

QB's: A+

Wow, now with Brad back we are extremely awesome.

Dline: A

Pat and Kevin and Udeze...w/ Spencer as a backup...nice!

LB's: C-

even with Harris being added, we are hurting at the LB position. We are a C+ if EJ learns how to cover. He is a beast tackling though.

DB's: A

Without a doubt, our DB's are going to be something special this year. depth with Russell, Offord, and Irvin...also very nice. A+ if we get on the INT wagon again this year!

there you have, correct me if I am wrong.

Later

KJ
03-16-2005, 01:52 PM
Kicking game: F-

PAvikesfan
03-16-2005, 01:54 PM
Thanks forgot the Special Teams:

C

We need a kicker real bad and the only shiny moments are when Campbell and Burleson are returning kicks.

TheAnimal93
03-16-2005, 01:55 PM
"KJ" wrote:

:lol: :lol:
How about an Incomplete too? that would work also!

cajunvike
03-16-2005, 01:58 PM
What if we add Jay at LB...does that bump us to B- or so? If we added him to the LB squad, I would probably be in favor of drafting one of the two WRs over DJ!!!

TheAnimal93
03-16-2005, 01:59 PM
PA,
pretty fair assesment I would say!

Think this is it for FA?

PAvikesfan
03-16-2005, 02:01 PM
yep, animal...other than some stragglers...FA is done for the VIKES. <sigh>

KJ
03-16-2005, 02:23 PM
"TheAnimal93" wrote:

"KJ" wrote:

:lol: :lol:
How about an Incomplete too? that would work also!LOL. Yeah that would work :twisted:

vikes09
03-16-2005, 03:39 PM
i thought ot was a pretty fair evaluation, although i would expect our linebackers core to rise a few from a new aqusition and/or better playing.

ADubya26
03-16-2005, 03:44 PM
QB - A
RB - B-
Oline - B
TEs - A+
WRs - C

Dline - A
LBs - C+
DBs - A

Special Teams - D

Coaching - D

IbleedPURPLEandGOLD
03-16-2005, 08:06 PM
QB- A+
RB- B+
WR- C+
TE- A
O-Line- A-

S- A
CB- A
LB- C+
DT- A+
DE- B-

Special Teams- C-
Coaching- C
Fans- A+

midgensa
03-16-2005, 08:14 PM
QB- A+ Daunte is as good as anyone other than Manning and maybe Vick (who is a different animal alltogether)
RB- B- Don't really trust any of these guys fully, but as a unit they are good. If one can step up to the challenge then this could quickly become a B+
WR- B- The ratings so far are too low here. Nate is a top 15 WR in the league and MRob and Taylor are solid No. 2's. The loss of Moss still stings and makes us forget we still have good talent here.
TE- B This could go up if Jimmy is healthy and ready to lay people out. Would like to see Wiggy show up more on running plays.
O-Line- C I have seen A's from people? That is crazy. We hold too much and often leave all the pressure on Birk to make the big blocks. We need to get better here to have a solid offense. This grade goes up, all the others do as well.

S- B Still not sold on Chavous and/or Russell and Sharper has slipped the last couple years. With the revamped D though and some heart this groupd could all of a sudden be elite and make me raise to A+
CB- A+ As good a 1-2 as there is in the league, hands down. And decent help in the nickel package.
LB- C Getting there. Could rise if we are fast learners.
DT- A+ NO DOUBT GREAT HERE. Stop ther run and sack the QB.
DE- B- Young but learning, could climb

Special Teams- C- WE NEED A DAMN KICKER, I don't seem to hate Bennett as much as everyone else though
Coaching- B I like Mikey for some reason and think Cotrell is solid if he can get his scheme in check.
Fans- A+ THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE AND NOT STUPID ENOUGH TO PUT STUFF FROM A COWS TEAT ON OUR HEADS!!!

Kleinsasser40
03-16-2005, 08:18 PM
QB - A+
RB - B
Oline - B+
TEs - A-
WRs - B

Dline - B+
LBs - C-
DBs - B+

Special Teams - D-

Coaching - C-

Mossville
03-16-2005, 09:15 PM
QB - A
RB - B
Oline - B
TEs - A-
WRs - B

Offense doesnt need much explaining...losing moss hurts but this team will become even more balanced. I could see each WR getting over 50+ receptions as well as Wiggins and Possibly one of the RBs

Dline - B - DE is still a big hole. Adding PDUB helps but Kwill still needs help getting pressure

LBs - C- Bad Bad bad bad. EJ has a long way to go to become a decent player
DBs - B+ helps that Bwill is no longer starting. Same can be said for Russell

Special Teams - D-

Coaching - C-

finnishvikingsfan
03-16-2005, 09:20 PM
QB:A
RB:B
WR:B
OL:B+
DL:B+
LB:B-
DB:B+
ST: inc.

olson_10
03-16-2005, 09:26 PM
QB: A
RB: B
WR: C (only burleson has proven himself, marcus too inconsistent)
TE: A (with kleinsasser were gonna have alotta 1st downs from passes underneath)
OL: B- (PENALTIES)
DL: B (not enough production from DE's)
LB: C (nobody can cover..but we will be a wall against the run)
DB: A (everyone back there is pro-bowl caliber)
ST: D (a penalty it seemed on every single kickoff last year, and i pray we get a half decent kicker)

ultravikingfan
03-16-2005, 10:46 PM
"finnishvikingsfan" wrote:

QB:A
RB:B
WR:B
OL:B+
DL:B+
LB:B-
DB:B+
ST: inc.

WOW! :shock:

finnishvikingsfan
03-16-2005, 10:53 PM
I just dont think we are as bad as a lot of people thinks we are our recievers are pretty good our line will be with rosenthal back d-line is good now with pat williams or linebackers could be one of the biggest suprises of the season and our secondary has potetnial to be one of the best in the leauge.

IdahoViking
03-16-2005, 11:03 PM
QB- A+ MVP possibility
RB- B Lots of talent, speed, injuries, suspensions
FB B+ When healthy Kleinsasser is the best in league
TE A Teams returning leading receiver, proven and a playmaker
WR B They hung in without Moss last year, new additions a ?
OL A Tell me a better squad that been together this long.

DL B+ Pro Bowler, Rookie of the year and now a run stopper, talented
LB B Improved, better than you think, they had no help for years
CB A Beat cover tandem in the league, shut down corners
S B+ Shaper and Chavous are both pro bowlers.

K NO GRADE Kicking Tryouts are when?
Special Teams D That's being nice, tooooo many misktakes, no tackling,

That's It mine right.