PDA

View Full Version : WR's.........

slowlow
03-16-2005, 01:49 PM
I hear on these forums that some people say we need mike williams in the draft...............MIKE WILLIAMS! they say get him at #7, and get a linbacke at #18..... a WR why. We got Travis Taylor already offense looks great to me already

alberta_vike
03-16-2005, 02:01 PM
I agree with you. With a little luck, Derrick Johnson might fall to #7, and is he is there, they had better take him. I think they should look at WR's in the 2nd or 3rd round, or maybe with the 18th pick depending on who is their. At this point though, I don't think they need to use the #7 on a WR.

ADubya26
03-16-2005, 02:03 PM
We still dont have a true #1 WR. Burleson is awesome, but we haven't seen him line up against a #1 corner yet. Travis Taylor is coming on to the Vikings with an underachieving track record and hopefully he can play like a #10 pick should play. For now, he is no more than a #3 WR. Robinson is decent, is not meant to be a #1 or #2...he is a good 3 or 4 option. Kelly Campbell will be riding the pine like he did last year.

In order to make our offense tick, we either need to get a true #1 WR or a STUD RB. We need this because the WR would help open the run game, and the RB would help open up the pass. We need one of the two to give way in order for us to be successful.

Culpepper is going to be seeing defenses he has never seen this year and it is not going to be easy. Instead of seeing safeties hanging out 30 yards off the line, they will be blitzing, creeping up to the line, player closer, etc. If the D is going to play us tighter, we need to be able to shove it down their throats and make them pay.

Sorry for the ramble, but its just how I feel about our O right now. We are better on D, but we still need to score points.

dbalke10
03-16-2005, 02:42 PM
I think that Mike Williams is the one true game changing player in the draft. The texas linebacker DJ being the second. We have enough possession receivers but with possibly only Campbell being the only true deep speed threat. I am convinced that the Vikes will remember what a screen is this year and Mewelde will have 70 catches, but would still like to see us get Mike. If we go the other way, its going to take me a game or two to adjust to a Minnesota team that would be a defensive powerhouse. With the extra possessions that we would get, we would probably score about the same amount. But you want mock drafts? check out this site. Don't worry about the sitename... trust me. http://www.hailredskins.com/MockDraft.htm

Mr. Purple
03-16-2005, 02:47 PM
This all just adds to tices plan to have a solid run game....I wont be surprised to see us nab a Back and or trade one of ours .....but I agree that we dont have a true number 1 yet...not untill nate goes one on one with a top corner....so untill then we do need another WR and or RB (2 more posts till i hit the 100 mark!!!)

JLDII
03-16-2005, 03:22 PM
Williams might be the best reciever to come out of the draft since Randy Moss.

Burleson needs to prove himself to be a true #1.

Robinson is pretty good, but has only lived up to his hype one season.

Taylor has been handicapped in Baltimore, and this is his first chance to really make an impact with a good offense. He should make a great slot reciever.

Kelly Campbell, while fast, doesn't get open. Has a crap attitude. Has been in the dog house more than out of it the last two years. Has felony gun theft and drug charges pending in Georgia, and most likely will not be on the team come opener.

I think if we pick up Williams this year, he gets plenty of playing time, and next year he steps into a starting position.

elgordo
03-16-2005, 03:30 PM
The fact of the matter is that Mike Williams will probably not be there at no. 7 the way his stock has been rising after his pro day.

koolkev8
03-16-2005, 04:56 PM
I really can't wait to see what goes down in the draft though... I can tell this draft is goin to be a good one!!!

ndakvikefan
03-16-2005, 06:39 PM
Why Mike Williams !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have you seen him play. He is 6-4 225lbs and runs a 4.6 40. I am a big USC fan and watch thier games as much as possible. HE has Terrell Owens size with speed and Chris Carter hands. If he is there at #7 the vikes would be foolish not to grab him. Getting Travis Taylor only assured me of one thing, that being that Kelly Cambell will not be on the field. Leaving Cambell as a #3 reciever is a mistake. He is small and could never make an entire season, he is small and cannot get away from bump and run coverage, he is small and can be stopped at the line of scrimmage. Cambell had 19 catches last year and averaged 19.2 yards per catch. That tells me all he does is catch a home run ball now and then. The vikes need a good possesion reciever so they can methodically march down the field and use up clock as well as get into the endzone. With Williams you have a big 6-4 225lb reciver taht can get open vs man to man for a first down 75% of the time.

Angryviking
03-16-2005, 07:15 PM
I say if Williams is there we get him, but if not dump the idea of going w/ a WR in the first round. we still have other issues to confront. LB still are a question mark and it would be nice to get another good pass rusher. but i wouldn't panic and just pick up a WR to say we picked one up. this draft is loaded w/ WRs true not the size and speed of Williams but still some decent ones out there

IbleedPURPLEandGOLD
03-16-2005, 09:11 PM
We need a go to guy.

Draft Willaims or Edwards if Availible.

midgensa
03-16-2005, 09:16 PM
Williams and Edwards are both solid. WILLIAMS IS A GUARUNTEED STUD THOUGH!!! This kid is great and a work-a-holic. I love him at 7 if he is there.

KJ
03-16-2005, 10:24 PM
Did somebody say Kelly Campbell?

http://img45.exs.cx/img45/1452/kellycampbell9fi.jpg

finnishvikingsfan
03-16-2005, 10:25 PM
:shock: :lol: that is great

V4L
03-16-2005, 10:45 PM
why does everyone say Williams will be GREAT!!!
look at all the WR's taken in the first round in 2000 i think it was...
Warrick
Taylor
Plax

fourdoorchevelle
03-16-2005, 11:01 PM
great pict!!!!!!!!!! pass that sh!t thug life!!!!!!!!!

ultravikingfan
03-16-2005, 11:45 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

why does everyone say Williams will be GREAT!!!
look at all the WR's taken in the first round in 2000 i think it was...
Warrick
Taylor
Plax

and Sylvester Morris.

DefensivePlaymaker
03-17-2005, 01:04 AM
"slowlow" wrote:

I hear on these forums that some people say we need mike williams in the draft...............MIKE WILLIAMS! they say get him at #7, and get a linbacke at #18..... a WR why. We got Travis Taylor already offense looks great to me already

I would love to see us get Mike Williams at #7 but i doubt he'll be there. DJ MIGHT be there maybe. I say if either of them is there we grab whichever is there...i really doubt both will be there still though.

Foreman44
03-17-2005, 01:35 AM
If I was in the front office, my first priority now would be to sign Jay Foreman this week to shore up the LB unit, AND THEN do whatever it takes to get either Braylon or Mike W in the draft.
If that means trading someone like Bennett to the Cardinals to move up for their pick, so be it. I just feel we have to get one of those guys at WR. Picking DJ would be nice at LB but having either Williams or Edwards I feel is much more important in the long run. Just my $.02

Marsh
03-17-2005, 02:09 AM
I'd like to see the Vikes hold off on a Receiver until 18. I like Roddy White as much or better than the big two- edwards and williams. Roddy is a tremendous vertical playmaker, probably the best deep threat in the draft, he's got pretty good size at 6'1" 201, as well as very good speed. The only holes in this guys game are that he tends to round off his shorter routes, but Im sure that can be fixed, he also had a few lapses in concentration his junior year and dropped some balls, but he looked a lot better this past season. He's not getting the pub that Williams and Edwards get because he played at UAB, not one of the national powerhouses, but this guy can play ball.

dopenose420
03-17-2005, 04:23 AM
"Foreman44" wrote:

If that means trading someone like Bennett to the Cardinals to move up for their pick, so be it.

arizona picks after us so the only trade that would make sense with arizona would be for boldin to come to minnesota. if that happened we could trade down a few spots and snag someone like matt roth.

Foreman44
03-17-2005, 05:21 AM
Ah, good point! My bad .. the trade & move up I would think would have to be either with Miami or Cleveland ( I don't see Chicago dealing with us)
Boldin would be great though now that you mentioned him