PDA

View Full Version : Where to go...

snakethejake83
03-15-2005, 09:53 PM
Having seen the opponents we play next year, and seeing the home/away schedule... I need a little help on a decision.

Although im going to try and make both of these games in the Virginia area (where im stationed) I will probably only make one... I was wondering if anyone has Ever been to R & M bank stadium for the Baltimore Ravens, or Bank of America Stadium for the Panthers.

Both teams are very tempting to watch, and I still hold a grudge for what I think the panthers leading us into the dark years of 2001 and 2002. Getting their only win against us in the first game of the year. Then again I hate the Ravens for beating us in the monday night game on Tice's first time as a coach.

Im trying to decide what stadium would be nice to go to. Has anyone been to either, and mind giving me an insight on which is better?

PurplePeopleEaters
03-15-2005, 09:57 PM
I have been to bank of america stadium and it is great. I watched the Panthers vs. Falcons game and the only really annoying fans from were Falcons fans. I have not been to R&M but from what I know the pPanthers fans may be a littl easier on you.

And the Top cats aren't too bad to look at. :wink:

UMDTwinsfan
03-15-2005, 09:58 PM
Baltimore is really hard to get around...maybe it was just me..sorry jsut venting watched the twins play there a couple years ago and we could see our hotel from teh park and it took us 45 minutes to get back once we got in the car

That being said Just based on the teams I'll go with.... Baltimore... should be a very fun game to watch

finnishvikingsfan
03-15-2005, 10:00 PM
One name Ray Lewis.

ultravikingfan
03-15-2005, 10:44 PM
"finnishvikingsfan" wrote:

One name Ray Lewis.

Ed Reed (even better) :thumbleft:

hawaiianvike21
03-16-2005, 02:03 AM
I'd think were better off winning against carolina then balitmore. I dont like the matchup with baltimore and have a hard time seeing us win there. I think youd see us win against carolina then baltimore.

midgensa
03-16-2005, 02:11 AM
I have been to Baltimore a couple of times and find it very easy to get to actually. It is right off of 95 and is a gorgeous stadium and the inner harbor is fun for after the game. Also some GREAT strip clubs, not that I would know anything about that (go to the Huslter club) :bootyshake:

chennegar
03-16-2005, 07:54 AM
Yes Baltimore is very easy to get to. If traveling from the DC area, you can stop close to half way up the 95 corridor and hop on the train system. There is a stop right outside the stadiums and thus you will eliminate some of the hassle with traffic etc...

cajunvike
03-16-2005, 10:34 AM
"snakethejake83" wrote:

Having seen the opponents we play next year, and seeing the home/away schedule... I need a little help on a decision.

Although im going to try and make both of these games in the Virginia area (where im stationed) I will probably only make one... I was wondering if anyone has Ever been to R & M bank stadium for the Baltimore Ravens, or Bank of America Stadium for the Panthers.

Both teams are very tempting to watch, and I still hold a grudge for what I think the panthers leading us into the dark years of 2001 and 2002. Getting their only win against us in the first game of the year. Then again I hate the Ravens for beating us in the monday night game on Tice's first time as a coach.

Im trying to decide what stadium would be nice to go to. Has anyone been to either, and mind giving me an insight on which is better?

I was at the aforementioned Monday Night game for Tice's first game...so I will also recommend the M&T Bank Stadium game against the Ravens...the stadium is easy to access (right next to the Orioles stadium) and there are alot of cool things to see there...traffic back to DC is kinda rough, but not impossible.

Hink
03-16-2005, 11:27 AM
I'd go to the Panther's game instead; although, its probably a much further drive. The Raven's fans are not nice people and if I knew the forum rules a little better I could come up with a better description. I've been to a couple Raven's games and have had beer thrown at me in the game and the parking lot wasn't fun either...not as bad as the Eagle's during the playoffs but it was bad.

Ltrey33
03-16-2005, 11:41 AM
I only live about 40 minutes from Baltimore, so I've been down there....its a really nice stadium and the fans arent too bad either. I'd stick with Baltimore

ajefx
03-16-2005, 02:41 PM
Unfortunately, I've never been to a Ravens' game, but I've been to quite a few O's games right next door, and basically, the Ravens' stadium was built in the O's parking lot, so parking = hell at a Baltimore sporting event.

But it's very easy to get to, and it's a pretty new stadium and the inside looks nice from the outside.