PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota SuperBowl

BleedGoldnPurple
03-15-2005, 08:19 PM
ANy Believers.. DAUNTE FOR MVP this year, he is so poised who wants to see us take down those fag patrioits.. one more thng who are u guys more scared of detroit or green bay.. i say detroit

finnishvikingsfan
03-15-2005, 08:20 PM
I think Detroit or Chicago.

coreyd
03-15-2005, 08:27 PM
I feel that Detroit will be a bigger threat. They have a pretty decent Defense, and their offense is improving.

Green Bay will be Green Bay any year, because of Brett Favre.

Chicago will be a challenge because of their improving Offense, and their defense will remain luke-warm....ONLY because of Urlacher!

TheFloridianVikingFan
03-15-2005, 08:29 PM
"coreyd" wrote:

I feel that Detroit will be a bigger threat. They have a pretty decent Defense, and their offense is improving.

Chicago will be a challenge because of their improving Offense, and their defense will remain luke-warm....ONLY because of Urlacher!i hate urlacher... hes good... wasnt there record like 0-4 for all the games urlacher didnt play in??

ultravikingfan
03-15-2005, 08:29 PM
Detroit.

Chicago is gonna suck for years to come.

Green Bay, there run is over!

coreyd
03-15-2005, 08:36 PM
"TheFloridianVikingFan" wrote:

"coreyd" wrote:

Chicago will be a challenge because of their improving Offense, and their defense will remain luke-warm....ONLY because of Urlacher!i hate urlacher... hes good... wasnt there record like 0-4 for all the games urlacher didnt play in??

Yep, and when he came back he FU$&ED us up! First game back, he ate us apart!

WI-ULT-MOSS-FAN
03-15-2005, 08:38 PM
definitely Detroit. But I am not sure about beating the super bowl AFC team, they are going to be the dominant division again this year IMO

BleedGoldnPurple
03-15-2005, 08:51 PM
I wanna verse Detroit first game of season for a statment game

NeoVikesTX
03-15-2005, 08:55 PM
I still think Green Bay will be decent next season. I see the Vikings winning the division, Packers coming in second, Lions third, and Bears last(again).

finnishvikingsfan
03-15-2005, 08:57 PM
I think the bears will be pretty good if there starters can stay healthy and they can get a running back.

fourdoorchevelle
03-15-2005, 09:13 PM
playoffs easy , super bowl will depend on new players gelling ( like a felon , want some melon). we either go 10-6 or 14-2 . but i guess every team is undefeated right now

IdahoViking
03-15-2005, 09:16 PM
"fourdoorchevelle" wrote:

playoffs easy , super bowl will depend on new players gelling ( like a felon , want some melon). we either go 10-6 or 14-2 . but i guess every team is undefeated right nowI like Detroit as runner up to the Vikes, Culpepper would have been the MVP if it was not for Manning. I see the Vikings winning at least 11 games next year, they should sweep the division.

fourdoorchevelle
03-15-2005, 09:19 PM
just hope theres no late season fade!!!!!!!!! hope randy took that with him.

snakethejake83
03-15-2005, 09:38 PM
Lets just hope we dont get a case of the injury bug.

so-cal vike
03-15-2005, 09:55 PM
"BleedGoldnPurple" wrote:

ANy Believers.. DAUNTE FOR MVP this year, he is so poised who wants to see us take down those *** patrioits.. one more thng who are u guys more scared of detroit or green bay.. i say detroit

Neither one. 8)

Detroit will make a serious run at the #2 spot in the division. G.B. may have their hands full.

Angryviking
03-15-2005, 10:25 PM
Detroit scares me the most. They have two emerging wide receivers if they stay healthy and K.Jones their running back played good at the end of the season. all they need to do is knock Harrington upside the head and they're deffinately challenge for the division but i still say we get it by at least 3 games

michaelmazid
03-15-2005, 11:58 PM
I've been a viking fan for a long time and I would have to say, playoff for sure but not the superbowl. I think we are gonna go 11-5 and play the falcons or the eagles in the championship game on the road.

UMDTwinsfan
03-16-2005, 12:01 AM
I agree i think detroit will give us the most problems especially if Rogers can stay healthy this year JOnes showed the signs that he could be a premier back, and Roy williams looked like he will develop inot a pretty darn good reciever that being said there D is average, and who knows about the QB situation i still think they're better off than GB

midgensa
03-16-2005, 01:19 AM
I think I am somewhat worried about the upstarts always and thus the Lions and Bears seem worthy. The Bears will not ALWAYS be in last place contrary to hopes and dreams. Hell they won the division just three years ago with their insane hot streak. I would say we roll to the division crown. Right now I see us at 5-1 in the division and 7-3 otherwise. 12-4 with the top seed, I like our SB chances. And start the campaign now ... CPEP FOR MVP

KJ
03-16-2005, 02:41 AM
Right now, Detroit easily looks like the strongest competition in the division.

chennegar
03-16-2005, 07:50 AM
If Detroit gets their QB situation straightened out, they are going to be a dangerous team and will give the vikes a run for their money. If Harrington falters the least bit, I would not be one bit surprised to see Garcia overtake him and that team take off. We must not take them lightly.

Jordan23
03-16-2005, 08:14 AM
Defintly Detriot

Vikadelic
03-16-2005, 08:28 AM

I wanna verse Detroit first game of season for a statment game

Wow! Beating Detroit. What a statement. lol

vikes09
03-16-2005, 09:17 AM
i think detroit. but chicago isnt giong 2 be a cakewalk.

MN_Jet_Fan
03-16-2005, 09:22 AM
It's too early to say if you have a shot for the SB. There are still some holes to fill.

I do think that today, even before the draft, you guys are good enough the win the division.

slowlow
03-16-2005, 12:42 PM
Green Bay is gonna s*ck......think of green bay as this, a good team but never improving. minnesota a good offensive team, but horrible D but were improving fast. Detroit not a very good team but getting a bit good. as for chicago they are going to s*ck for a long time.....

alberta_vike
03-16-2005, 02:35 PM
As long as Favre plays, I think GB has a chance to win the division. I know he is definitely not the player he once was, but he still has the abiliy to just take over a game and win it basically by himself. That said, I sill think that the Vikes win the division, get the 2nd or 3rd seed in the NFC, and make it at least as far as the NFC Championship.

vikes09
03-16-2005, 03:31 PM
how come since brett came back, the packers all of a sudden have a chance of winning the division. he doesnt have the whole team like before.

finnishvikingsfan
03-16-2005, 03:37 PM
People are saying that about the packers is because Favre is going to be a Hall of Famer. It is all respect.

ADubya26
03-16-2005, 03:38 PM
The division is a toss up so far. Depending on the draft, we could leave everyone in the dust. The teams are not listed in any particular order:

Minny - We lost our best player, but we also gained A LOT on D...so we will come out a better team overall I think. If the draft goes well, I think we will be on top.

GB - Brett Favre, new D coordinator. Always competitive.

Detroit - Getting better on D every year, and now starting to shape up the offense as well. If Harringon minimizes turnovers, watch out.

Chicago - Last year they were doing well with Grossman in there and their D intact. They didnt have Urlacher, C Brown, and Ogunleye for a good part of the season. Lovie will be back for his 2nd year, and they will only go up.

The way I see it, our division has been crappy for a while now and it is starting to make its way up. In a few years I think it will rival the AFC East for the toughest division in football.

KY Vike
03-16-2005, 03:54 PM
Minn 10-6
Detroit 8-8
Green Bay 6-10
Chicago 5-11

Bubba Jed
03-16-2005, 04:49 PM
I think Chicago will do some good in the division, especially since they have aquired Muhammed during the offseason. Granted the Vikes are still going to take the division regardless.

ravike55
03-16-2005, 07:47 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Detroit.

Have to agree.

midgensa
03-16-2005, 08:02 PM
"ravike55" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Detroit.

Have to agree.

Chicago always finds a way to have one good year here or there. I have a feeling that could happen this season, I just don't think they quite have enough to get over the hump and beat us for the division. But here is DVISION CHAMPS IN 2005!!! and The Green Bay Crappers finishing at the bottom!!!!!! :occasion5:

Angryviking
03-16-2005, 08:27 PM
ya everybody was ready to hand the division off to the bears a couple yrs back and now they're rebuilding again. and i'd LOVE it if the fudgepackers finish last, it'd be a nice change, even tho i think it'll be close since Favre didn't retire.

Minnesota: 11-5
Detroit: 8-8
Chicago: 7-9
GB: 5-11

Vikings Fan At MSU
03-16-2005, 08:31 PM
Lions go 10-6 and are second with a wild card spot.............. The Vikings Finish First at whatever record...........The Vikings need a good offensive scheme...........Burleson was good cause he played with arguably the best reciever in football who was double covered 95 percent of the time and when he wasnt it was a touchdown so i am very anxious to see how good Buleson will do cause everyone knows you dont need to double Robinson cause he isnt that fast and Taylor hasnt been a threat since he was at Florida so our recievers i think will have a tougher time then normal..........hopefully they do well though

Angryviking
03-16-2005, 08:33 PM
Taylor was with the non existent offense of the Ravens. I think it's funny cuz Billick is an offensive guru but hasn't had anything to write home about since he left us, (except for that damn ring) Taylor will do fine with Culpepper throwing him the ball

GBMiah
03-16-2005, 10:10 PM
I see some of you fine Vikings fans are counting out the Packers already and some of you arent. This may be a biased statement but dont assume that were going to go all to crap because we lost three key players and heed the example of the Patriots: Great coaching, even better management that spends wisely and looks for bargains. Sherman is a darn good coach, but he was a sucky GM. Ted Thompson is a Wolf Protege and seems to be following the Patriot example, Bates is one of the most successful DC's the league has seen in years, and took a fins team that had won 1 game by week 9 (I think) and almost split the rest of season. AND beat the Patriots.

I think our offense will still be potent because we always seem to find great OL like the Broncos always have great running backs, or the Vikes always seem to have good WR's. (I still dont know why we havent resigned Reugemer who filled in nicely) Ahman is still here and hes young, our receivers are elite and of course Favre's arm is still one of the most potent in the league.

Defensively, I have to just tell myself that no matter who we lose, it cant really get worse anyway right? Bates favors simpler systems. Where as Slowik was knocked for having an extremely elaborate scheme, which is why I think we were so easy to pass on. We werent passed so easily because our guys are just physically unable to cover, they just seemed confused all the time.

Having said all that crap... If I had to say now, The Vikes are the favorites for this improving Norris Division. And they will likely do some damage in the playoffs. I see all four teams being competitive, with the Lions and Pack in a tight race for second. But if there were any year for the Bears to make a surprise run, this could be it. I think there is a realistic shot for all Norris teams this year to be .500 or better.

viks_fan21
03-16-2005, 10:31 PM
Guys, if we don't win the division then even a loyal viking fan should convert to a Patriots fan.

ultravikingfan
03-16-2005, 10:41 PM
"viks_fan21" wrote:

Guys, if we don't win the division then even a loyal viking fan should convert to a Patriots fan.

http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/signs/268.gif
Not much of a loyal fan if you can easily convert?

fourdoorchevelle
03-16-2005, 10:55 PM
bad viks_fan21 , baaaad! thick and thin i love purple and gold!!!!!!!!!

briboy75
03-16-2005, 11:35 PM
Every year I think detroit is going to be better than they are, and every year I think Green Bay is going to fall apart. never happens.

ultravikingfan
03-17-2005, 08:13 AM
"briboy75" wrote:

Every year I think detroit is going to be better than they are, and every year I think Green Bay is going to fall apart. never happens.

Me too! I would think that this will be the year that this happens!

Skyliner
03-17-2005, 09:15 AM
Don't under estimate detroit. They had some bad luck last year but if Charles rogers can stays healthy and If they have a good draft They could have a pretty good team next year. plus they picked up Kenoy Kennedy. He's not too shabby.

Too Bad Big Minnie's in there division

ultravikingfan
03-17-2005, 10:00 AM
"Skyliner" wrote:

Don't under estimate detroit. They had some bad luck last year but if Charles rogers can stays healthy and If they have a good draft They could have a pretty good team next year. plus they picked up Kenoy Kennedy. He's not too shabby.

Too Bad Big Minnie's in there division

No, too bad for Detroit that they are in our Division! :cheers:

Burley81
03-17-2005, 07:04 PM
I will make my decision on who will give us a run in the division after the draft, thats gonna be a big factor for the bears and lions.

GBMiah
03-17-2005, 09:41 PM
"givemossthetoss" wrote:

I will make my decision on who will give us a run in the division after the draft, thats gonna be a big factor for the bears and lions.

Technically, it will be "Who will give GB the run in the division" since we still are the defending champs. But enough snooty'ness, the Vikes look damn good so far.

finnishvikingsfan
03-17-2005, 09:43 PM
I think the only reason people are giving the pack so much credit in the division is cause of Brett Favre.

collegeguyjeff
03-18-2005, 03:42 PM

ANy Believers.. DAUNTE FOR MVP this year, he is so poised who wants to see us take down those *** patrioits.. one more thng who are u guys more scared of detroit or green bay.. i say detroit

im more afraid our ourselves than detriot, chicago, or the slackers

collegeguyjeff
03-18-2005, 03:44 PM
"GBMiah" wrote:

"givemossthetoss" wrote:

Technically, it will be "Who will give GB the run in the division" since we still are the defending champs. But enough snooty'ness, the Vikes look gol 'darnit good so far.

packers won the division not us

cajunvike
03-18-2005, 03:44 PM
"GBMiah" wrote:

"givemossthetoss" wrote:

Technically, it will be "Who will give GB the run in the division" since we still are the defending champs. But enough snooty'ness, the Vikes look gol 'darnit good so far.

In reality, it will be "Who will run over Green Bay in the division"...the Vikes almost certainly will!!! :D

collegeguyjeff
03-18-2005, 06:53 PM
"coreyd" wrote:

Chicago will be a challenge because of their improving Offense, and their defense will remain luke-warm....ONLY because of Urlacher!

offence doesn't improve very much with piece of crap quarterbacks, i.e. harrington, garcia loosers.

nextvikingsstar
03-18-2005, 08:00 PM
this very well could be the year for the vikings

nextvikingsstar
03-18-2005, 08:15 PM
they need another solid d end and a wr....really badly a wr nburlson will be a stud but if one of the other 2 average recievers goes down that brings burlson down also and who knows where cambells gonna be next year

DefensivePlaymaker
03-18-2005, 09:35 PM

first we have to get past the eagles. which if we can get mike williams or braylon edwards and Nuge in the draft....i can see us doing this year.

vikes09
03-18-2005, 10:01 PM
i dont think the eagles are going to be our problem this year. i think we need to take this one step at a time. the division, playoffs, homefield advantage. then we can start talking superbowl. but i do think still this is our year. :thumbleft:

smashmouth34
03-19-2005, 02:56 AM
14-2? Please put down the crack pipe it is distorting your views. Detroit hands down is major threat this year. Their o-line is going to be very strong, and they have good back. Smoot and Winny are good, but small to detroits big receivers. You lose the best receiver in the game and figure two overpaid small db's are gonna makeup for it. 10-6 would be good year.

snakethejake83
03-19-2005, 08:04 AM
You know whats funny. Every detroit fans swears that they are a threat every year. I did a little breakdown ad came up with our record vs. detroit since 98. 12-2. We have swept em 5 of the 7 years. The two games that they beat us was by a total of 5 points.

Just because they basically sign a tight end they think that they are a potent offense. There offense ranked 24th in the nfl last year. and there defense was around there to. They dont ever scare me with Joey back there.

smashmouth34
03-19-2005, 09:33 AM
Jake they have signed more than tight end. They have upgraded ss and offensive line as well. What the vikes have done in past is irrelevent. Randy Moss was a major reason we beat lions in those games. Over at lions board they are talking abt alex Baroon who really would round out that offensive line. Garcia or Harrington if they get alot of time to throw look out. Can we really afford to try to cover rogers and williams for more than 5 seconds?

snakethejake83
03-19-2005, 10:02 AM
First of all, you have to take into fact that we have a totally revamped defense. We can afford to play man to man with our corners now... something we havent ever been able to do in recent memory.

That = an eagles type defense where we can blitz the crap out of Joey Harrington who cant read defenses worth crap. His passer rating last year will indicate that. Forgot to mention we now have someone to plug the middle for the first time since Jerry Ball... Ohh yes the immovable object. Anyone remember how well he helped our team in '98? Our defense is going to be good.

smashmouth34
03-19-2005, 12:23 PM
Man to man are you crazy? Williams is 6'3 they will out jumb our db's downt the sideline! That would be suicide. If you blitx them that oline and backs gonna pick it up. Btw lets hope garcia not in at qb.

ultravikingfan
03-19-2005, 12:54 PM
"smashmouth34" wrote:

Man to man are you crazy? Williams is 6'3 they will out jumb our db's downt the sideline! That would be suicide. If you blitx them that oline and backs gonna pick it up. Btw lets hope garcia not in at qb.

I hope Garcia is in! He's terrible! :pukeright:

vikes09
03-19-2005, 01:38 PM
thier oline is good, but our dline is better. our linebackers can blitz, and who cares if they outjump our corners. antione will knock their feet out from underthem!!! they have good corners, but weve played roy williams b4.

mnjamie
03-19-2005, 08:06 PM
Vikes win the division. Then Detroit, Green Bay and DA' Bears in the basement. The Bears are going nowhere w/o a running back and Grossman as the QB. The guy just doesn't have it to lead a team to greatness in the NFL, that's why I think there is a pretty good possibility they Draft a QB this year if one of the big 2 is available.... Then Williams/Edwards to the Vikes.

:naka: .... " I cut the CHEESE!! The Vikings SMOKED the CHEESEHEADS !!!

smashmouth34
03-20-2005, 09:52 AM
Our d line better? Williams doesnt make d line. The lions now possess 2 solid guards. That was 1 thing that kept them down was crap o line. The lions d line will be truly scary if they draft merriman at de. I think proper respect not being paid, and you might be in for rude awakening!

ultravikingfan
03-20-2005, 10:04 AM
"smashmouth34" wrote:

Our d line better? Williams doesnt make d line. The lions now possess 2 solid guards. That was 1 thing that kept them down was crap o line. The lions d line will be truly scary if they draft merriman at de. I think proper respect not being paid, and you might be in for rude awakening!

Yes, better.

With MW maturing and coming off a big year, Udeze is not a rook, and Fat Pat in the middle. Not to mention our secondary can now cover a lot better with the addtion of Sharper and Smoot. Chavous will be able to do his job. This should allow the QB to hold onto the ball more giving our line more chances to sack him, or make an errant throw.

Caine
03-20-2005, 10:43 AM
Detroit:
Two years ago, I thought they had the pieces in place to be a threat...they failed to materialize.

Last season they improved upon the holes in their team and looked poised to be a legit contender...they failed to materialize.

Mooch is a great HC, but his team hasn't been able to "turn the corner". Maybe this year they will, but I don't see them tearing up the Division.

Chicago:

Solid "D", rotten "O". That about sums them up. They've improved over two years ago, but still need help on the O-line. Like Detroit, they're a decent team, but not one that's frightening anyone just yet.

Green Bay:

They lost most of what little talent they had this off season. Were it not for the fact that the rest of the NFC North has been rebuilding these past 3 years, Green Bay's fall would have been more noticable. This year, with improvements in the other 3 teams, look for the Packers to take up residence in the cellar early, and stay there.

Minnesota:

ON PAPER, the best team in the NFC North, and a real contender for the NFC title. Let's see if they can put the pieces all together and make a TEAM. If not, we'll be another Washington - all talent, no action.

Caine

smashmouth34
03-20-2005, 06:27 PM
Charles Rogers being out for 2 years ....and a shit o line.......plus immature harrington= failed to materialze. If they stay healthy it wont be easy as ya think.

vikingsdiva
03-20-2005, 06:46 PM
I never can understand Harrington. That boy has so much potential. Maybe they need a new QB coach (?). Each year I think they are going to be fierce. Especially with their defense Dre Bly is dangerous. If this team had a few more stronger elements they would be far scarier. Instead, Harrington cracks under precious.
As far as Packers, are they still in the NFL? I think that with that much changes to their offensive line and the fact that Favre isn't what he USED to be they are not that big of a threat this year.
Chicago is easy...stick out your foot and trip their QB! Just kidding. Grossman COULD be good, but he is too short. So when he goes to throw he has to stand on his tiptoes. I see interception written all over that boy. It's his third year right? Your third year makes or breaks you as a QB.

vikingsdiva
03-20-2005, 06:47 PM
WHHOOPS! Harrington cracks under pressure. I get too excited about this subject.