PDA

View Full Version : Withdrawals...

triedandtruevikesfan
03-15-2005, 12:02 AM
Anyone else need a good dose of football? I'm soooooooo taping all the games next season so I have something to watch!!!

jackyl
03-15-2005, 12:03 AM
I'll be glued to NFLE starting in 2 weeks.

finnishvikingsfan
03-15-2005, 12:04 AM
I really do! I dont have cable here in college so I dont even get to watch sportscenter or the nfl network.

ultravikingfan
03-15-2005, 12:06 AM
The NFL network and ESPN Classic gets me through. Also, my daily dose of PPD.

I am getting a TIVO next year. VCR tapes just don't cut it for me. Then I can pause live TV. So, when the Vikes are about the win the Super Bowl, I will pause it for a long time and savor the moment! :salute:

triedandtruevikesfan
03-15-2005, 12:07 AM
"finnishvikingsfan" wrote:

I really do! I dont have cable here in college so I dont even get to watch sportscenter or the nfl network.

You poor thing... I couldn't go without my nightly dose of SC!!!

finnishvikingsfan
03-15-2005, 12:09 AM
:cheers: thats the way to do it.

Angryviking
03-15-2005, 12:10 AM
I'm just counting the months to watch the Minny defense finally knock some people out and then hoist Favre's head on a stick.

finnishvikingsfan
03-15-2005, 12:10 AM
:cry: I know it hurts at least I was able to watch fox.

CanuckVike
03-15-2005, 12:14 AM
You think you guys got it bad! We've been hockey-less for months up here and us Canucks usually make a seamless slide from football season into the the NHL playoffs...but not this year....(the idjuts!) Luckily I have about 75 Viking games taped since '98...I just watched 3 last week...it was great! It's kind of weird looking back at some of the old games though...saw one from '98 that had a sign reading "we love you Red MCombs!" from fans in the metrodome who labelled themselves as "PurplePride"! (Don't know if there was any connection to this site or anything)...but things have sure change as far as opinions about the ownership!

ultravikingfan
03-15-2005, 12:16 AM
"Angryviking" wrote:

I'm just counting the months to watch the Minny defense finally knock some people out and then hoist Favre's head on a stick.

Wow, you sure an "Angryviking" :lol:

finnishvikingsfan
03-15-2005, 12:17 AM
I am lost without hockey too. I usually only watch football and hockey now it is just football. I live in the area of Minnesota where Hockey is above mostly everything. College Hockey is a life saver.

magicci
03-15-2005, 12:19 AM
"CanuckVike" wrote:

You think you guys got it bad! We've been hockey-less for months up here and us Canucks usually make a seamless slide from football season into the the NHL playoffs...but not this year....(the idjuts!) Luckily I have about 75 Viking games taped since '98...I just watched 3 last week...it was great! It's kind of weird looking back at some of the old games though...saw one from '98 that had a sign reading "we love you Red MCombs!" from fans in the metrodome who labelled themselves as "PurplePride"! (Don't know if there was any connection to this site or anything)...but things have sure change as far as opinions about the ownership!
red mccombs created purple pride

Webby
03-15-2005, 12:23 AM
"Angryviking" wrote:

holy geez.....that made me laugh something good.

CanuckVike
03-15-2005, 12:32 AM
Red created Purplepride? But not this site...right?

ultravikingfan
03-15-2005, 12:34 AM
"CanuckVike" wrote:

Red created Purplepride? But not this site...right?

Red tried to destroy Puprlepride. But not this site. :lol:

finnishvikingsfan
03-15-2005, 12:36 AM
I hope Red finally leaves I think I would die if he decided to move the vikings elsewhere.

fourdoorchevelle
03-15-2005, 03:08 AM
in 98 i got tired of watching the weak (local) 49ers lose every game when the vikes were winning game after game . next year i got nfl sunday ticket ( a must have for noirthern california viking fans ) , last year i got tivo . and i love it!!!!!!

finnishvikingsfan
03-15-2005, 03:10 AM
:salute: lucky man here in college I dont have any cable besides Fox and Abc I relay on the Internet to get me my daily sports fix.

ElBarto
03-15-2005, 06:08 AM
I've got every Vikings game from this season on DVD 8) and am in the process of watching the whole season again in order, so I'm set until late June.

Saints this weekend, very confident we'll win this one :D

Lucky me I guess :cheers:

AngloVike
03-15-2005, 08:41 AM
"ElBarto" wrote:

I've got every Vikings game from this season on DVD 8) and am in the process of watching the whole season again in order, so I'm set until late June.

Saints this weekend, very confident we'll win this one :D

Lucky me I guess :cheers:
ah but will Moss have a three TD game and 200 yds ?? surprised that he's never missed a game through injury yet :lol: :lol:

AngloVike
03-15-2005, 08:42 AM
"jackyl" wrote:

I'll be glued to NFLE starting in 2 weeks.
Good plan - Go Admirals !!

whackthepack
03-15-2005, 09:14 AM
We do not get the NFL network! The sad part is I live in Eden Prairie, the home of the Vikings!

jackyl
03-15-2005, 09:27 AM
"AngloVike" wrote:

Good plan - Go Admirals !!

Go Centurions!! :salute:

snowinapril
03-15-2005, 09:59 AM
Anyone ever heard of this:

http://www.mythtv.org/index.php

Make your own PVR???

If anyone masters it out let me know.

jdvike
03-15-2005, 11:03 AM
I have the entire 98 season on vhs, but unfortunately,because of that ill fated nfc championship game against Atlanta,it breaks my heart to watch them. :cry: :cry:

pillageNplunderthunder
03-15-2005, 11:13 AM

becareful canuck not only are you in viking territory, but there are some devoted Wild Fans here as well, while Football is my blood, my bones are built from hockey, and when I need a fix I just pop in that beautiful playoff series between the chuckers and wild a few years bad.... seive... seive.... seive.... :lol:

pillageNplunderthunder
03-15-2005, 11:17 AM

I also have footage from bertuzzis trial if anyone wants copies!!!! lol

pillageNplunderthunder
03-15-2005, 11:19 AM
I dont know who is a bigger whiner.... bertuzzi or Farve???? lol

PurplePeopleEaters
03-15-2005, 11:40 AM
I remember the retarded packers tried to copy us by using green glory. That lasted about a week....

VKG4LFE
03-15-2005, 02:11 PM
I have a ton of games on tape! I haven't started to go thtough withdrawal yet, after the draft is when it really hits. That's when I will throw in the playoff game and some of the other games!!

finnishvikingsfan
03-15-2005, 02:12 PM
I think I have one vikings game on tape and they lost to Shaun King and the Bucs on Monday night football.

KennyJman
03-15-2005, 02:16 PM
What about Arena League?

Sunday's game was GREAT!!

It's not the NFL, but there is a lot of scoring.

Maybe we could sign a kicker from there. The goal posts are narrower, taller and they still make it a good percentage of the time.....

finnishvikingsfan
03-15-2005, 02:18 PM
If I have to I would watch the CFL. The arena leauge is pretty enjoyable to watch.

V4L
03-15-2005, 02:26 PM
i play madden.. good dose of football there.. and arena f-ball is ok.. nfl network rox and daily dose of sportcenter that how i deal with all this.. and of course the best of them all PP.O!

finnishvikingsfan
03-15-2005, 02:29 PM
I really need to get cable. I basically watch Rudy to get me through it sometimes.

triedandtruevikesfan
03-15-2005, 06:43 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

We do not get the NFL network! The sad part is I live in Eden Prairie, the home of the Vikings!

I didn't know that you lived in Eden Prairie... did you want to meet us on the 29th for a beer or two at Old Chicago??

WBLVikeBabe
03-15-2005, 06:53 PM

I am lost without hockey too. I usually only watch football and hockey now it is just football. I live in the area of Minnesota where Hockey is above mostly everything. College Hockey is a life saver.

I'm with ya on that one, thank God for the Gophs. They're starting to step it up now after two sweeps in a row, Go Gophs!!!!

finnishvikingsfan
03-15-2005, 06:55 PM
Big game coming up against the best team in the country.

LosAngelis
03-15-2005, 07:43 PM
TNT...you can't go a night without SportsCenter???

*sigh* Some lucky guy, someday.....

ultravikingfan
03-15-2005, 08:00 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

TNT: Do you have any friends that your Viking faith or Sportscenter watching attitude has rubbed off on? I really need a new wife! :lol:

triedandtruevikesfan
03-15-2005, 08:35 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

TNT: Do you have any friends that your Viking faith or Sportscenter watching attitude has rubbed off on? I really need a new wife! :lol:

:lol: you guys are too easy to please... I actually missed most of it last night though... march madness doesn't appeal to me very much and thats all it was!!

and you don't need a new wife ultra!!

finnishvikingsfan
03-15-2005, 08:38 PM
My girlfriend wont watch sports with me. Its ashame when my best friend wont spend time to watch the second love of my life.

triedandtruevikesfan
03-15-2005, 08:39 PM

My girlfriend wont watch sports with me. Its ashame when my best friend wont spend time to watch the second love of my life.

That really does suck... I don't know what I would do without my sports!!

ultravikingfan
03-15-2005, 08:40 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

:lol: you guys are too easy to please... I actually missed most of it last night though... march madness doesn't appeal to me very much and thats all it was!!

and you don't need a new wife ultra!!

I know. I do kinda like being the most knowledgable in the house when it comes to sports! :lol:

finnishvikingsfan
03-15-2005, 08:42 PM
I know what you mean ultra. I forgot my girlfriend does like hockey but there is no NHL this season that and high school are the only forms of hockey she watchs.

olson_10
03-15-2005, 09:04 PM
u definintely gotta know that red certainly isnt behind all these signings these days

Jordy828
03-15-2005, 09:53 PM
I gots my tivo.. SO im all set for taping them games

finnishvikingsfan
03-15-2005, 09:58 PM
lucky!

pillageNplunderthunder
03-15-2005, 11:36 PM
"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

I'm with ya on that one, thank God for the Gophs. They're starting to step it up now after two sweeps in a row, Go Gophs!!!!

Go GOPHERS!!!! :cheers:

pillageNplunderthunder
03-15-2005, 11:39 PM

Dude I KNOW excactly what you mean!!! my Fiance just happens to be Finnish Too!!!! no kiddin, she's from the U.P.!!

Mikko Koivu from Finland RULZ!!

viks_fan21
03-15-2005, 11:39 PM
it means that he coined the phrase

finnishvikingsfan
03-15-2005, 11:46 PM
You lucked out with those finnish woman dude! :salute:

finnishvikingsfan
03-15-2005, 11:47 PM
Mikko will have a huge year whenever the nhl comes back in the AHL he played in the all star game and scored a goal.

michaelmazid
03-16-2005, 12:56 AM
thats a great idea. I am gonna tape all the game too. Does anyone know how to record the games on dvd?

WBLVikeBabe
03-18-2005, 07:39 PM
"pillageNplunderthunder" wrote:

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

Go GOPHERS!!!! :cheers:

Anyone watching the game tonight?