PDA

View Full Version : Best WR in the NFC North?

snowinapril
03-13-2005, 11:42 AM
Don't be a homer on this one.

Who is it going to be now that Moss is no longer here?

And don't even try to tell us that it is the other Williams, Mike Williams!!!!

V4L
03-13-2005, 11:43 AM
ouch thats a tough one... Roy williams makes better catches then j-walk.. but j-walk puts up the numbers.. but the packers have a better team lol...
im just gonna go with j-walk on that one simpley because he made the probowl i guess

Bdubya
03-13-2005, 11:45 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

Whoops, I voted before I read that....

DaScRuM
03-13-2005, 11:53 AM
Walker has great numbers, but, if Williams can stay healthy, I think he can be a "star" in the NFL. 'Course much of that depends on a quarterback. With a healthy Williams and Rogers, plus a top-notch quarterback the Lions would be competitors in the north. This is a make or break year for Harrington.

snowinapril
03-13-2005, 11:54 AM
"Bdubya" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

Whoops, I voted before I read that....

I think your sig will let you slide on this one. LOL

DemonicViking
03-13-2005, 11:55 AM
Roy Williams.

snowinapril
03-13-2005, 11:57 AM
I think that JWalk will have the best season. With Favre back and their lack of D. There will be a lot of ball flinging all over the field.

For the pack to stay in games, they will have lots of Yds and Receptions together. If Favre wasn't back, I would have to go with Nate. The QB will make the top WR that much better.

V4L
03-13-2005, 11:59 AM
yah im not being bias or anything but i want to take back my vote and vote for Nate.. the man has hands and can run after the play better then any of them.. and he still arms like a RB.. plus he did punt returns for us.. he isnt very proven yet he had 1 real good year but im gonna go with Nate

ultravikingfan
03-13-2005, 12:01 PM
Burleson or JWalk. I think Nate is going to get his swerve on this year and dominate! :cheers:

V4L
03-13-2005, 12:05 PM
i meant to say "stiff arms" up on my other post.. i dont want people making smart comments so im correcting that

ItalianStallion
03-13-2005, 12:22 PM
I agree, Burleson or JWalk. The Packers and Vikings are the only teams with good QBs and I honeslty see the Packers offense taking a step back this season. Meanwhile Burleson is #1 here, with Daunte throwing him the ball (alot).

DCViking
03-13-2005, 12:30 PM
Roy Williams is the most talented of the bunch. With Jones in his second year and if rogers can stay healthy, the lions will have a very productive offense.

eclipse_2303
03-13-2005, 12:36 PM
I think too many of you went homers on this one. Burleson is good but he doesn't have the talent of Muhammad, Walker, Williams, or Rogers (when healthy).

PurpleRide
03-13-2005, 01:01 PM
I say Jwak for now, Detroit has the best young group, and chicago :lol: ...enough said Lets see was burly can do without somone on the other side

ultravikingfan
03-13-2005, 02:13 PM
"eclipse_2303" wrote:

I think too many of you went homers on this one. Burleson is good but he doesn't have the talent of Muhammad, Walker, Williams, or Rogers (when healthy).

But, you also have to take into consideration who is throwing him the ball.

XTAP59
03-13-2005, 02:16 PM
Charlie Rogers has all the talent and skills, if he wasn't injured, he would have lit up the NFL.
I am very scared of him this season especially with Williams with a year under his belt.

V4L
03-13-2005, 02:17 PM
muhammad had a lucky year man.. and he was the main guy..no doubt he is good but he wont repeat his numbers... burleson was the second guy and put up nice numbers..and can run better then any of those guys after the catch... roy williams will prob. get hurt this year but he is unbelievable he makes spectacular catches.. and rogers shouldnt even be in here.. he will break his collarbone 3 years in a row now.. and j-walk is just straight up good..

Articnv
03-13-2005, 02:34 PM
xme thinks it will be burlesen specail with the d we have we shoudl ahve more opturinities for offnse )

so-cal vike
03-13-2005, 04:56 PM
Sorry, I'm going to have to be a "homer" and say Nate will have the best season. We have the best QB in the entire NFC. It's logical to assume that a potential star such as Burleson will put up great numbers now that he's the #1 WR.

Just an opinion that I hope to be proved as fact.

TheAnimal93
03-13-2005, 05:28 PM
2004 Green Bay Packers 16 12 89 1382 15.5 79 12 19 7 63

2004 Minnesota Vikings 16 15 68 1006 14.8 68 9 1 4 50
..................................... g gs # yds avg. lng td 20+ 40+ fd

Here are the numbers for N8 and Walker. they are pretty close.

i voted N8!!!

fourdoorchevelle
03-13-2005, 05:41 PM
i think as far as numbers walker and burl . but over all talant , r will

KY Vike
03-13-2005, 05:46 PM
roy williams

snowinapril
03-13-2005, 05:50 PM
Remember guys, these WR should all have great years this year, barring injuries. The duo of Williams and Rogers, scare me. If they could get a consistant QB they would have mad numbers this year.

NordicNed
03-13-2005, 07:04 PM
I'm going to go with Nate.......I think he will end up being our #1 starter, and be Culps favorite target.......OH YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Paulbedy59
03-13-2005, 08:17 PM
Chris Carter when he is visiting in town :salute:

JTSnow
03-13-2005, 09:17 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

At the moment Javon Walker is the best, but Burleson and Roy Williams arent far behind.

eclipse_2303
03-13-2005, 09:24 PM
I am not saying Nate won't have the best year. I think he will. BUT I don't think he is the best WR out of them.

V4L
03-13-2005, 09:27 PM
i think next year the Lions Wr's break out.. they signed Garcia.. he is an improvment over Harrington.. Harrington will learn next year and take over the year after when Garcia's contract lets up

eclipse_2303
03-13-2005, 09:28 PM
I think Harrington will start. I think this will have the "Philup Rivers Effect" as I like to call it & light a fire under his ass.

JTSnow
03-13-2005, 09:31 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

i think next year the Lions Wr's break out.. they signed Garcia.. he is an improvment over Harrington.. Harrington will learn next year and take over the year after when Garcia's contract lets up

That will only happen if C. Rogers can stay healthy, which I don't think will ever happen.

KJ
03-13-2005, 10:03 PM
Roy Williams. He's a complete package. Played most of last year on a bad ankle, but when healthy and with a good quarterback, the guy will be an absolute star. No offense to Nate :P

ultravikingfan
03-13-2005, 10:26 PM
"KJ" wrote:

Roy Williams. He's a complete package. Played most of last year on a bad ankle, but when healthy and with a good quarterback, the guy will be an absolute star. No offense to Nate :P

To bad they do not have one, we do. :lol:

snowinapril
03-14-2005, 10:22 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"KJ" wrote:

I don't think Garcia is the best QB in the league but I predict he will start by the 4th or 5th game and will do much better than Joey H. In the right system, Garcia will do better. I don't expect Joey to surprise us with stellar play this year.

Vikings Fan At MSU
03-14-2005, 12:50 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"KJ" wrote:

I don't think Garcia is the best QB in the league but I predict he will start by the 4th or 5th game and will do much better than Joey H. In the right system, Garcia will do better. I don't expect Joey to surprise us with stellar play this year.

You are correct Garcia will start by the 4 or 5th game........although i could see him starting the season very easily in that west coast offense like he ran in san fran that he went to the Pro Bowl on 2 or 3 times....With Rogers and Williams as his Wide recievers and Pollard now at tight end and Kevin Jones at running back..........Lions will put points on the board no doubt. Lions finish 2nd in the division with a 10-6 record for 2005 and make the playoffs....you heard it here first

Vikings Fan At MSU
03-14-2005, 12:57 PM
1 J-Walk
2 Muhammed
3 Driver look at his stats over 1000 yards and 9 Td's
4 Draw between Williams and Burleson..........prolly the edge to Williams cause Moss took so much pressure off Burleson
5 Rogers (injuries)

snowinapril
03-14-2005, 05:26 PM
"Vikings Fan At MSU" wrote:

You are correct Garcia will start by the 4 or 5th game........although i could see him starting the season very easily in that west coast offense like he ran in san fran that he went to the Pro Bowl on 2 or 3 times....With Rogers and Williams as his Wide recievers and Pollard now at tight end and Kevin Jones at running back..........Lions will put points on the board no doubt. Lions finish 2nd in the division with a 10-6 record for 2005 and make the playoffs....you heard it here first

Maybe this is one of the reason we got serious about our D this year.

collegeguyjeff
03-14-2005, 11:26 PM
give me a break, javon walker won't do as good with that new crappy o line, farve won't have all day to pass

IdahoViking
03-14-2005, 11:55 PM
Which team has the guy who can get him the ball.

Vikings and Culpepper

Burleson may have 90 catches this year

10+ TDs

Guruzen
03-15-2005, 12:06 AM
Lions are quietly getting together on offense. They could have a breakout year if they don't shoot themselves in the foot. I'm going with Roy.

J-walk only puts up better numbers because he has Ahman Green drawing attention and Favre throwing to him. Plus a crappy D that means they often have to play catch up. Now that the offense has taken some FA hits, I doubt they'd be as effective.