PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Campell

JTSnow
03-13-2005, 09:40 AM
Does anyone know if he is still on the team, or is he a FA.

chippewavike
03-13-2005, 09:43 AM
I think I heard from a friend he is staying on the team. and may get re-signed. Just a Rumor.

JTSnow
03-13-2005, 09:45 AM
"chippewavike" wrote:

I think I heard from a friend he is staying on the team. and may get re-signed. Just a Rumor.

I hope he stays cuz he is a good KR.

IbleedPURPLEandGOLD
03-13-2005, 09:53 AM
He may be a good KR/PR. We may need him to play WR alot more. His speed and quickness will be needed on the deep ball. Sign'm. He isn't worth much $ anyway.

chippewavike
03-13-2005, 09:53 AM
He 3/4 of the speed we need with the wide receiving core, he a fast little bugger.

chippewavike
03-13-2005, 09:55 AM
He told media he wanted to make "Randy money" back around the wildcard game.

JTSnow
03-13-2005, 09:55 AM
"IbleedPURPLEandGOLD" wrote:

He may be a good KR/PR. We may need him to play WR alot more. His speed and quickness will be needed on the deep ball. Sign'm. He isn't worth much $ anyway.

agreed

JTSnow
03-13-2005, 09:58 AM
"chippewavike" wrote:

LMAO, not even in his dreams, all his stats combined from his 3 year career is still not better than any moss single season.

chippewavike
03-13-2005, 10:02 AM
I think if they actually started him he'd be great, but he has a little height dis-advantage

ultravikingfan
03-13-2005, 10:02 AM
"chippewavike" wrote:

:roll: He has to stop doing stupid things on and off the field first.

Moss is Boss
03-13-2005, 10:14 AM
We signed him already to a one year tender. He was a restricted free agent, but we have already signed him.

kramer9guy
03-13-2005, 10:20 AM
After his little incident with the law a few weeks ago, IMO we should let the big-mouthed lil' thug go. We do not need these types of players on our team.

You wanna mess with drugs and guns while in the NFL? Go do it somewhere else...

kramer9guy
03-13-2005, 10:20 AM
"Moss is Boss" wrote:

We signed him already to a one year tender. He was a restricted free agent, but we have already signed him.

Great move...

snowinapril
03-13-2005, 10:28 AM
Little Guy with Big Mouth.

Playing Gangsta

The guy is trouble.

Just cause a football player gets an offseason doesn't mean he can just go off and not think about football. He obviously wasn't thinking about his TEAM in the moments BEFORE he got arrested.

Football is a team sport. If you make bad decisions like this off the field, you will make them in the locker room and on the field too. Kelly doesn't think, just like the penalty he got from the sidelines last year. There is no place on this team for him with decision making like that. IMO.

V4L
03-13-2005, 10:46 AM
but why does Onterrio stay? hes got caught smoking bud 2 times already.. Kelly gets caught 1 time and people jump on his case.. but lets just fire all the pot smokers then? I think we really do need Kelly he can catch the deep ball and is a good special teamer

snowinapril
03-13-2005, 10:52 AM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

but why does Onterrio stay? hes got caught smoking bud 2 times already.. Kelly gets caught 1 time and people jump on his case.. but lets just fire all the pot smokers then? I think we really do need Kelly he can catch the deep ball and is a good special teamer

I think he can go to. He is little less expendable than Kelly is.

Same thing applies to Smith, but the main thing is that Smith's contract wasn't up this year where Kelly's was.

KY Vike
03-13-2005, 10:54 AM
keep kelly...everyone smokes a little here and there, as long as he doesn't do it again. hes a fast receiver that we need right now and i think he could turn into something nice if he is given more plays.

V4L
03-13-2005, 10:57 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

I think he can go to. He is little less expendable than Kelly is.

Same thing applies to Smith, but the main thing is that Smith's contract wasn't up this year where Kelly's was.

yah i didnt think of that.. O is still under contract.. i would love to trade him or bennett though.. but yah i think Kelly isnt very good but he adds some speed and a deep threat (somewhat) that we need.. and some special teams also..

DaScRuM
03-13-2005, 11:05 AM
"KY Vike" wrote:

keep kelly...everyone smokes a little here and there, as long as he doesn't do it again. hes a fast receiver that we need right now and i think he could turn into something nice if he is given more plays.Let's not assume with that quote.

I'll give him his day in court. If he is found quilty of his counts (not sure of all of them) I wouldn't lose any sleep if they let him go. Didn't he have a stolen gun in his possession? If I am wrong, please refresh my memory.

Anyway, it just doesn't appear he is getting any smarter (on or off), plus, he is too fragile.

kramer9guy
03-13-2005, 11:07 AM
The difference between Campbell and Onterrio is this:

Campbell was arrested by law enforcement officials on drugs and weapons charges. He was pulled over, they found a stolen handgun and marijuana.

http://www.aberdeennews.com/mld/aberdeennews/sports/10996034.htm

Onterrio failed two drug tests. He was never arrested.

...I like Onterrio's skills but still believe that we should unload him before he has further problems with the weed. Because if he does, we will all be pissed.

V4L
03-13-2005, 11:07 AM
yah he did have a stolen gun lol.. i forgot about that..

snowinapril
03-13-2005, 11:14 AM
"KY Vike" wrote:

keep kelly...everyone smokes a little here and there, as long as he doesn't do it again. hes a fast receiver that we need right now and i think he could turn into something nice if he is given more plays.

When was the last time you were carrying a stolen hand gun or been around someone (please don't tell me it was earlier today) with the character to have one. If you want a gun, you go buy one, one that is not stolen preferably.

snowinapril
03-13-2005, 11:18 AM
"kramer9guy" wrote:

Campbell was arrested by law enforcement officials on drugs and weapons charges. He was pulled over, they found a stolen handgun and marijuana.

...I like Onterrio's skills but still believe that we should unload him before he has further problems with the weed. Because if he does, we will all be pissed.

It still comes down to moral judgement whether you are caught or not.

Can I hurt my team mates with my actions or not?

Both of them should have been able to say "ya I better stay away from this or I will be letting MY TEAM down."

kramer9guy
03-13-2005, 11:24 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"kramer9guy" wrote:

It still comes down to moral judgement whether you are caught or not.

Can I hurt my team mates with my actions or not?

Both of them should have been able to say "ya I better stay away from this or I will be letting MY TEAM down."

I agree wholeheartedly. Character and teamwork does matter in this game.

ChiTownVike
03-13-2005, 12:09 PM
Ya, I can see this guy being like Ray Lewis, always gettin in trouble. He could be a no. 2 reciever in this league.

magicci
03-13-2005, 12:16 PM
is steve martin still on the vikes also?

michaelmazid
03-13-2005, 12:28 PM
U mean Red's best friend? Who cares if he still with us or not. He is most likely still celebrating the one touch he scored last year on the sidelines. The only reason he is on the team is that he is Red's best friend. I went to the Texans game here in houston and during the pregame warmups Kelly Campell was talking and hanging out with red on the sidelines while everybody was stretching. Well, not everybody. Moss was talkings sh*t to the Texans fans.

PurpleRide
03-13-2005, 12:34 PM
I think the Vikings should rid of kelly, even though I like the "Bumps-N-Bruses" he doesn on channel 5 pregame. The guy has a mouth like randy, but cannot back it up. Plus kelly has lost his HANDS he cannot catch anything anymore.

UMDTwinsfan
03-13-2005, 12:42 PM
"vikingman8411" wrote:

Ya, I can see this guy being like Ray Lewis, always gettin in trouble. He could be a no. 2 reciever in this league.

Ray Lewis always getting into trouble....? the only trouble i remember lewis ever having was the muder charge that he was cleared of

coreyd
03-13-2005, 12:45 PM
"kramer9guy" wrote:

After his little incident with the law a few weeks ago, IMO we should let the big-mouthed lil' thug go. We do not need these types of players on our team.

my thoughts exactly!

viks_fan21
03-13-2005, 07:26 PM
Mewelde is twice the kick returner campell is. Just goes to show, Mewelde makes the best of any oppurtunity he gets.

midgensa
03-13-2005, 07:27 PM
I have not read anything else on this thread other than the title and would like to complete your sentence ...
Kelly Campbell .... SUCKS

JTSnow
03-13-2005, 08:15 PM
"viks_fan21" wrote:

Mewelde is twice the kick returner campell is. Just goes to show, Mewelde makes the best of any oppurtunity he gets.

And Campell has twice the speed.

WI-ULT-MOSS-FAN
03-13-2005, 10:27 PM
I agree with most of you that the team could do without him. He is annoying, never shuts up, is a thug, and brought more unwanted attention to the organization. Find a replacement it wont be too hard, even if he has twice the speed it does no good when a gust of wind knocks him on his A$$...the first hit he takes he goes down

:salute:

snowinapril
03-13-2005, 11:09 PM
"coreyd" wrote:

"kramer9guy" wrote:

my thoughts exactly!

GO do it somewhere else, like the Arena League for a couple of grand where you are forced to go out and steal in the offseason to support your kids.