PDA

View Full Version : Where'd This Come From Red?

purpleNgold4life
03-13-2005, 03:03 AM
With Red Mcombs in the midst of selling the team, NOW he decides to make moves?

What The Hell???

Now that Randy is gone, I thought I wouldn't say this for a while, but we are a better ball club.

Especially if we can draft a WR in the 1st Round we'll have legit superbowl chances.

With the additions of Smoot and and now (ex-packer) Daren Sharper along with Antione Winfeild, Corey Chavous, and Brian Russell (who went to my HS), We have one of the most talented, if not THE most talented secondary's in the NFL.

As well the additions of Pat Williams at DT and Napolien Harris at LB we have a chance to contend in the NFL's equivelent to the NBA's eastern confrence, the NFC.

Kleinsasser40
03-13-2005, 03:54 AM
uummm, will Russell still be playing? And at that, will Chavous?

whackthepack
03-13-2005, 06:56 AM
Chavous was rumored to be out if we got Shaper, Russell I have not heard about.

whackthepack
03-13-2005, 07:10 AM
Red, is spending Fowlers Money at this point, all the signing bonuses are put off till the summer!

Mr. Purple
03-13-2005, 07:15 AM
I really dont wanna lose chavous....I think hes a solid player and understands the game very well....but if we could trade him for more talent ( darius etc.) i would not mind, but to just cut him or let him go....that would anger me

DaScRuM
03-13-2005, 07:17 AM
Yeah, I would think there has to be some deal in the works (with the Fowler group) that Red will see most, if not all, of that money back in his wallet.

And if the Fowler group fails at acquiring the Vikings, the price just went up a few mill.

PurpleRide
03-13-2005, 08:20 AM
Russell talented? I just woke up don't know if I read that right

Vikestand
03-13-2005, 08:28 AM
chavous was our D leader last year....He is by far the smartest player we have on D...

kramer9guy
03-13-2005, 09:28 AM
"whackthepack" wrote:

Chavous was rumored to be out if we got Shaper, Russell I have not heard about.

From the StarTrib yesterday...also in the thread saying we are not going to persue Darius any longer:

http://www.purplepride.org/skol/viewtopic.php?t=8651

Barring other offseason moves, the Vikings will start Sharper at free safety and Corey Chavous at strong safety, according to defensive coordinator Ted Cottrell. Brian Russell, a restricted free agent who has started at free safety the past two seasons, will back up both safety positions.

arialassault84
03-13-2005, 09:37 AM
If chavous was the smartest player on our D last year then why did we play extremely better wit Offord in his place! Willie O is a superstar in the making! But he will probably never get a chance to sign if he stays here.

IbleedPURPLEandGOLD
03-13-2005, 09:44 AM
I like our Secondary alot this year, Sharper as FS, Chavous at SS, Winfield and Smoot at corners. Im in love.

kramer9guy
03-13-2005, 09:57 AM
"IbleedPURPLEandGOLD" wrote:

I like our Secondary alot this year, Sharper as FS, Chavous at SS, Winfield and Smoot at corners. Im in love.

I agree...

V4L
03-13-2005, 10:04 AM
"arialassault84" wrote:

If chavous was the smartest player on our D last year then why did we play extremely better wit Offord in his place! Willie O is a superstar in the making! But he will probably never get a chance to sign if he stays here.

Brett favre threw the balls to everyone of the players who got a pick.. didnt look like we had to work for any of them.. they would have gotten the regardless if chavous was playing or not i think :?

eclipse_2303
03-13-2005, 11:38 AM
"arialassault84" wrote:

Offord started once get off his nuts. Chavous is a good SS that was surrounded with a crappy defense. He will do better this year. He is a very smart player, maybe the smartest player on offense or defense.

Caine
03-13-2005, 02:35 PM
"eclipse_2303" wrote:

"arialassault84" wrote:

Offord started once get off his nuts. Chavous is a good SS that was surrounded with a crappy defense. He will do better this year. He is a very smart player, maybe the smartest player on offense or defense.

Birk is smarter...he went to Harvard.

:P

Ltrey33
03-13-2005, 02:38 PM
I hope we keep Chavous, although im not sure if the kind of money he'll want will let us do that. And Russell is gone, he's a free agent

TheFloridianVikingFan
03-13-2005, 02:44 PM
he definatly is really smart... I sure hope we keep him... didnt he have like 8 ints two years ago, along with russell?? we will be getting so many turnovers this year... it will be awsome...

vikes09
03-13-2005, 05:58 PM
but i heard that when corey was out, that contrell saw formations and plays he had never seen b4. corey was calling diffrent things.

cajunvike
03-14-2005, 12:29 AM
"Caine" wrote:

"eclipse_2303" wrote:

"arialassault84" wrote:

Birk is smarter...he went to Harvard.

:P

Good one, Caine! :lol:

MN_Jet_Fan
03-14-2005, 09:52 AM
I like Russell. Sharp kid, lot's of heart. He need a bit of coaching, but he DID lead the NFL in picks 2 years ago.

Anyone else here like to see him get a chance to start again? Or am I nuts?

dan3ski
03-14-2005, 12:38 PM
I am glad everyone is so pumped for the Vikings defense but two things to remember. These guys have not played together so they are not going to be in sync. The rules of the game have changed to help the offense so defensive players are not alwas the answer it is the scheme of the defense that must be good.