PDA

View Full Version : Darren Sharper will sign with the Vikings

KFANreporter
03-12-2005, 10:23 AM
SHARPER to the Vikings!

sources tell us, that Sharper has already said he will sign with the Vikings, and they are finalizing the length of the deal and where the backend bonus will be prorated after his veteran contract status is up after the '07 season. The Broncos have called his agent to meet with him, but already turned it down.

The Vikings are expected to make the announcement today, or first thing Monday morning.

Mike Tice is now focusing on the Rod Gardner deal, if the Burress deal falls through.

----

We are looking into the rumour that Ahman Green will be dealt to the Dolphins.

PurplePeopleEaters
03-12-2005, 10:34 AM
Dude. Basically everything you have said on these forums is garbage. Sharper might sign but why should I believe you?

Webby
03-12-2005, 10:36 AM
I actually heard he was going to be a done deal yesterday from my "sources". I'm waiting to see an announcement.

mattitude615
03-12-2005, 10:38 AM
yeah there is clearly no inside information here, if u just want to post your opinion thats fine, but stop talking about things like theyre facts when theyre not. Sure sharper might sign but its not like that would be news to anyone...

PAvikesfan
03-12-2005, 11:47 AM
just becuase you listen to KFAN doesn't make their info any more true. they go for ratings, stirring things up.

but anyway, i hope we do have an announcement to enjoy by monday morning. great way to start the work week.

JDogg926
03-12-2005, 12:04 PM
Sharper's over the hill.

Whatever happened to Darius???

Give up the 18, which we're probably going to use to get an unprovend Safety anyway.

V4L
03-12-2005, 12:05 PM
yo darius and sharper are like the same age man

KFANreporter
03-12-2005, 12:09 PM
the 18th could be used on Thomas Davis which I know Vikings are high on. Also the NFL information is that the Vikings are looking at Davis so this is a possibility.

When Sharper signs that will put a end to Darius!

NavyVik
03-12-2005, 12:18 PM
I can see that I am not the only one tired of all this "Insider Information".

"My Sources" tell me someone is full of it.

Anyone can guess the obvious

Mr. Purple
03-12-2005, 12:39 PM
I like sharper alot...dont get me wrong I would LOVE to have darius....but truthfully we'll get one or the other and idc which cuz they'll both make our defense even better...skol vikes

muchluv4smoot
03-12-2005, 01:01 PM
"KFANreporter" wrote:

the 18th could be used on Thomas Davis which I know Vikings are high on. Also the NFL information is that the Vikings are looking at Davis so this is a possibility.

When Sharper signs that will put a end to Darius!

Wrong!! We are gonna sign sharper and still try and get darious in a trade. Why? because Thomas davis isn't gonna make it to 18 and we know it.

Sorry, but just because sharper is gonna sign soon, which I knew yesterday, doesn't make me believe any other BS you spew.

muchluv4smoot
03-12-2005, 01:13 PM
Uh oh, we just signed sharper as he said he would, now everything he says must be true, even though I knew yesterday that sharper was gonna sign.

PhillyGirl
03-12-2005, 01:14 PM
I could have told you Sharper was going to sign.

My 90-year old grandmother could have too. lol

muchluv4smoot
03-12-2005, 01:15 PM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

Exactly, but he will use it to say he is credible.

PhillyGirl
03-12-2005, 01:15 PM
"muchluv4smoot" wrote:

"PhillyGirl" wrote:

Sad, isn't it?

PS...congrats on a terrific offseason so far! :thumbleft:

muchluv4smoot
03-12-2005, 01:17 PM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:

"PhillyGirl" wrote:

Sad, isn't it?

PS...congrats on a terrific offseason so far! :thumbleft:

Yeah, I can't believe people waste their time like this. Thanks also. I am pumped about what we are trying to do to this D.

muchluv4smoot
03-12-2005, 01:17 PM
Hey, what are you hearing about burress possibly signing with you guys?

PhillyGirl
03-12-2005, 01:22 PM
Wide receiver Plaxico Burress spent the day in Minnesota, with the Vikings still the front-runners for his services. But the Eagles and their apparent offer for a 1-year deal seem to be Burress' backup plan.

That's what I read this morning. They won't offer him more than a one-year deal, but his agent apparently said he'd take the #2 WR role with the Eagles...something they didn't expect.

I don't want him on the Eagles. I am very happy with TO, Pinkston and Greg Lewis as the top 3...and either drafting someone or picking up a Troy Brown or Travis Taylor or Kevin Johnson to stick in there somewhere.

muchluv4smoot
03-12-2005, 01:27 PM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

Wide receiver Plaxico Burress spent the day in Minnesota, with the Vikings still the front-runners for his services. But the Eagles and their apparent offer for a 1-year deal seem to be Burress' backup plan.

That's what I read this morning. They won't offer him more than a one-year deal, but his agent apparently said he'd take the #2 WR role with the Eagles...something they didn't expect.

I don't want him on the Eagles. I am very happy with TO, Pinkston and Greg Lewis as the top 3...and either drafting someone or picking up a Troy Brown or Travis Taylor or Kevin Johnson to stick in there somewhere.

Yeah I don't really want him either, here in minn. I would rather draft williams or troy williamson.

grpape
03-12-2005, 01:28 PM
Why don't you want him? Is it the ego/$$/dropped balls/etc.? I just think that a TO/Burress combo would be pretty sweet. I just wanted to get your opinion.

PhillyGirl
03-12-2005, 01:38 PM
"grpape" wrote:

Why don't you want him? Is it the ego/$$/dropped balls/etc.? I just think that a TO/Burress combo would be pretty sweet. I just wanted to get your opinion.
A lot of people say, "well TO worked out for you guys, why not?"

My thoughts? Because TO always worked his butt off. Big mouth, yes. Huge ego, yes. But he works like none other. He has a fire in him to win and plays as hard, if not harder, than anyone else on that field. The selfish TO? He put that baby to rest in the Super Bowl when he put his team in front of EVERYTHING, including himself.

Plaxico has a terrible work ethic. He's nonchalant, seems like he doesn't care about anything but the dollar sign. He's blown off mini-camp without calling his coach. The week of his combine, he blew off Andy Reid and the Eagles FO who were WAITING for him to meet with him, to go to an NBA game with Mateen Cleaves. He's a slacker. He's the kind of guy that will need a punch in the teeth to get going (I'd love to see Trotter give it to him too)...lol.

There is SUCH a difference between TO and Burress...and not just the fact that TO is a top 3 WR in the NFL right now. TO's attitude might turn people off, but the bottom line is, his teammates love him, he fires them up (was their biggest cheerleader when he was hurt) and he wants to win and plays hard. Gives ALL.

Burress just never has. And I'm not willing to risk seeing him HURT this team for possibility that he might help.

PurplePeopleEaters
03-12-2005, 01:40 PM
good post PhillyGirl.

I don't know much about Burress and his work ethic but he seems like he is desperate to sign with someone now.

KY Vike
03-12-2005, 01:41 PM
which is why we should draft mike williams

muchluv4smoot
03-12-2005, 01:41 PM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

"grpape" wrote:

A lot of people say, "well TO worked out for you guys, why not?"

My thoughts? Because TO always worked his butt off. Big mouth, yes. Huge ego, yes. But he works like none other. He has a fire in him to win and plays as hard, if not harder, than anyone else on that field. The selfish TO? He put that baby to rest in the Super Bowl when he put his team in front of EVERYTHING, including himself.

Plaxico has a terrible work ethic. He's nonchalant, seems like he doesn't care about anything but the dollar sign. He's blown off mini-camp without calling his coach. The week of his combine, he blew off Andy Reid and the Eagles FO who were WAITING for him to meet with him, to go to an NBA game with Mateen Cleaves. He's a slacker. He's the kind of guy that will need a punch in the teeth to get going (I'd love to see Trotter give it to him too)...lol.

There is SUCH a difference between TO and Burress...and not just the fact that TO is a top 3 WR in the NFL right now. TO's attitude might turn people off, but the bottom line is, his teammates love him, he fires them up (was their biggest cheerleader when he was hurt) and he wants to win and plays hard. Gives ALL.

Burress just never has. And I'm not willing to risk seeing him HURT this team for possibility that he might help.

I agree. The vikes just got rid of the best WR in football because he was a cancer to the team, I don't seriously think we would bring in an average WR with that attitude.

I don't think TO and burress would mesh very well.

PhillyGirl
03-12-2005, 01:46 PM
Fat Len says Vikes and Burress are talking about a 6-year deal...and it could be done by the end of the weekend.

Purple Dragoon
03-12-2005, 01:52 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpZ2NvMjltBF9TAzk1ODYxMDU5BHNlYwN0aA--?slug=ap-vikings-sharper&prov=ap&type=lgns

Sharper is ours.

PhillyGirl
03-12-2005, 01:55 PM
"Purple Dragoon" wrote:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpZ2NvMjltBF9TAzk1ODYxMDU5BHNlYwN0aA--?slug=ap-vikings-sharper&prov=ap&type=lgns

Sharper is ours.
Posted already.

muchluv4smoot
03-12-2005, 02:01 PM
"PhillyGirl" wrote:

Fat Len says Vikes and Burress are talking about a 6-year deal...and it could be done by the end of the weekend.

Yeah, that kind of sucks. I think burress will get 1000 yards in our offense, but I can't believe we would bring in another WR with an attitude. I think it might be like the TO/mcnabb situation last year. They were good friends and that helps. Daunte and burress are close and I think daunte has been pushing and pushing on the coaches to sign burress. If we do give him a 6 year deal, it will have a ton of incentives.

JohnnyBGoode
03-12-2005, 03:30 PM
well congrats vikes, you just picked up one horrible safety...now ur stuck with him for 4 years!! MUAhAHAHHAHAHAHA

JohnnyBGoode
03-12-2005, 03:30 PM
but i 4got, "there aint nobody sharper!"

DaunteHOF
03-12-2005, 03:38 PM
Safety, check. Now WR...

jiggyjack
03-12-2005, 03:38 PM
wow! thats great KFAN...maybe you should go get a faster computer and you could get us stuff we knew about a little earlier....nice reporting.

No wonder you have so much time to constantly post junk we already know when you have so much work to do as a "reporter"

randy--moss
03-12-2005, 04:01 PM
"jiggyjack" wrote:

wow! thats great KFAN...maybe you should go get a faster computer and you could get us stuff we knew about a little earlier....nice reporting.

No wonder you have so much time to constantly post junk we already know when you have so much work to do as a "reporter"

haha

KFANreporter
03-12-2005, 04:05 PM
haha

Hey jiggy jack! Check the source. I can't stoop to your level, because I got the northerners and the manager on our side.

haha

You see, when I say something first from our source, and then tell you. But if you read it after it still doesn't mean it's late, you are!

haha

Talk to ya jiggy jack ratta attack!

Brett Favre is not retiring.

Your kind of news right? you looking? haha your funny