PDA

View Full Version : Tice admits

randy--moss
03-10-2005, 11:10 PM
I continued it in the thread below but im going to start a new one because its off topic in that one::

link to the *mistake* tice says he made::

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/03/10/tice/index.html

coreyd
03-10-2005, 11:12 PM
post was done a few minutes ago, but i guess i picked a bad title......

TheFloridianVikingFan
03-10-2005, 11:15 PM
drama drama drama....... cant the vikings just have a awsome offseason without another "distraction"........ What Next....?

randy--moss
03-10-2005, 11:16 PM
Its odd how the other day he said he did it as a assistant and now he admits doing it this season, he kinda lied right off the bat, even though hes telling the truth now

koolkev8
03-10-2005, 11:17 PM
So what will happen to Tice now???

randy--moss
03-10-2005, 11:17 PM
coreyd: sorry what was it called?

randy--moss
03-10-2005, 11:18 PM
a big fine, and probably a little beef from the IRS

coreyd
03-10-2005, 11:18 PM
Oh no man, that was my fault. Run with it....

koolkev8
03-10-2005, 11:20 PM
"randy--moss" wrote:

a big fine, and probably a little beef from the IRS

That sucks... Why would he do that.. he is being paid 1 million bones a year??? greed greed greed

randy--moss
03-10-2005, 11:21 PM
alright man...But still..

My fault, im a little blind at times;; heh :)

XTAP59
03-10-2005, 11:22 PM
"randy--moss" wrote:

Its odd how the other day he said he did it as a assistant and now he admits doing it this season, he kinda lied right off the bat, even though hes telling the truth now

Should have kept Moss and fired Tice.......

TheHumanComa
03-10-2005, 11:23 PM
Everytime there is a controversy(usually courtesy of Moss) during the offseason the regular season unfolds badly. get rid of Tice before the bad buzz carries into the regular season. not really good starting a new coach but i don't think we have a choice.

randy--moss
03-10-2005, 11:24 PM
Yea this is a pretty big deal

coreyd
03-10-2005, 11:25 PM
DUMP TICE!!

ultravikingfan
03-10-2005, 11:26 PM
Great! Just fricken great! More drama when we seemed to be putting a lot behind us! :x

PurplePeopleEaters
03-10-2005, 11:27 PM
Who will we get? I say that we keep tice but he probably will be fired.

randy--moss
03-10-2005, 11:28 PM
Yea, this just gives Red a reason to replace him now

PacNWVike
03-10-2005, 11:35 PM
"koolkev8" wrote:

So what will happen to Tice now???

My guess is "they" may use this as an excuse to dump Tice IF there is a known hotshot coach available... Adios Big Guy :salute:

slowlow
03-10-2005, 11:46 PM
then i hope there is a hot shot coach! :drunken:

ultravikingfan
03-10-2005, 11:48 PM
"coreyd" wrote:

post was done a few minutes ago, but i guess i picked a bad title......

You had it in the Free Beer forum. Guess he didn't think to check there. :lol:

slowlow
03-10-2005, 11:50 PM
what does this rookie training camp stuff at the side of my name? and he viking heads too?

PacNWVike
03-10-2005, 11:52 PM
"slowlow" wrote:

what does this rookie training camp stuff at the side of my name? and he viking heads too?

It categorizes you by the number of posts you make on the board. Everyone starts out as a rookie...

slowlow
03-10-2005, 11:54 PM
no everyone starts out as waterboy

PacNWVike
03-11-2005, 12:01 AM
"PacNWVike" wrote:

"slowlow" wrote:

It categorizes you by the number of posts you make on the board. Everyone starts out as a rookie...

Hmmmm... I thought I started out as the tackling dummy!!! :clown:

dan3ski
03-11-2005, 12:25 AM
I say no fine he should be terminated for doing this for several years.

DoubleDown11
03-11-2005, 08:41 AM
"dan3ski" wrote:

I say no fine he should be terminated for doing this for several years.

DAn3ski, I always agree with you! Fire his A$$! He lies and cheats. Thanks Tice, I am guessing no Vikings fan wanted those tickets!

And Randy Moss is a bad guy for mooning Lambeau and leaving a game 3 seconds early?

Come on Red, time to bring out the coach behind curtain #1!

washhead
03-11-2005, 11:37 AM
i think this is a pretty big deal. i'm used to off-season drama, but it's usually the PLAYERS who are causing the problems and the coach is charged with putting out the fire. when this kind of crap is coming from the COACH, it can only have negative effects all the way down.

it's tough to replace a coach when we don't even know for sure who the OWNER's going to be, but that didn't stop the moss trade or any FA signings. i say replace tice. the sooner the better. get this behind us and move forward into the draft.

Pirate
03-11-2005, 06:50 PM
Snippet:

This is more than a bit hypocritical. Before Super Bowl XXXIX, the New England Patriots farmed out distribution of Super Bowl "travel packages,' to a company called Prime Sport Packages. According to a story in the Feb. 1 Boston Globe, Prime Sport was selling $500 and $600 face value tickets for $2,200, and couching the markup as a package. It isn't surprising that Prime Sports was marking up the tickets; the company is one of the partners of RazorGator, a ticket brokerage that calls itself "the most trusted brand in the industry' on its Web site. A cynic could make a very strong argument that the NFL, in cahoots with the Patriots, was engaged in ticket scalping of the very type for which it is investigating Tice.

The rest of the story at link:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/tim_layden/03/10/scalping/index.html

Hey, NFL.......back off Tice or clean the whole house!

PurplePackerEater
03-11-2005, 07:05 PM
That's definitly an interesting point, and I agree, back off tice.
By the sound of it, EVERYONE is doing it.
Maybe not Head Coachs but sounds like annual business.

fourdoorchevelle
03-12-2005, 12:22 AM
yep , i heard that this is going on in every camp. so it souldn't be that big a deal , .... but since it has become such a huge media event the nfl will be forced to " make an example " out of tice to show the ever watchful eye of the media the head they're looking for . may not be as harsh as firing or banning . whistle blowers are a hard aspect of life that always throw a wrench in the system and you eithier love them or hate them. usually the later . i expect a large fine , restitution , possibly some sort of suspension

PacNWVike
03-12-2005, 12:29 AM
"fourdoorchevelle" wrote:

yep , i heard that this is going on in every camp. so it souldn't be that big a deal , .... but since it has become such a huge media event the nfl will be forced to " make an example " out of tice to show the ever watchful eye of the media the head they're looking for . may not be as harsh as firing or banning . whistle blowers are a hard aspect of life that always throw a wrench in the system and you eithier love them or hate them. usually the later . i expect a large fine , restitution , possibly some sort of suspension

A very astute observation...

Pirate
03-12-2005, 07:14 AM
Actually if they do take action with Tice they (for all intents and purposes) discredit their own integrity based on the scope of this issue and their obvious knowledge (and/or participation?) of it prior to this particualar episode.
Also, they set a precident.....every disgruntled player with 'inside' information can go get an attorney and share similar stories with the NFL, IRS and anyone else who might listen.
Perhaps the best action is to drag their feet (expected) until the interest dies down or turns to something else and then quietly send out a cautionary memo to every team then drop it.