PDA

View Full Version : compare this

slowlow
03-10-2005, 09:40 PM
whos better mcnabb or culpepper? i say culpepper. do not just say culpepper cause all of us are viking fans. i said culpepper because i really do think hes better not just cause im a viking fan.

PurplePeopleEaters
03-10-2005, 09:45 PM
Culpepper. Mcnabb's best season came with TO and Culpepper's best cam without Randy for 5 games.

hailtocarter
03-10-2005, 09:50 PM
"slowlow" wrote:

whos better mcnabb or culpepper? i say culpepper. do not just say culpepper cause all of us are viking fans. i said culpepper because i really do think hes better not just cause im a viking fan.

everyone's still gonna say Pepp's better, cuz he is. No doubt he's better after his fumble troubles.

coreyd
03-10-2005, 09:51 PM
Well, I know you all are going to try and hunt me down for this, but I say that they both lack the key element to a true QB, and that is leadership..........BUT, the way PEP has been trying to recruit this offseason tells me that those days are LONG GONE......

Now I will have to wait until next year to see if anything has changed.......

VikingsTw
03-10-2005, 09:55 PM
Culpepper, do you think culpepper would have slacked on the last drive to win the SB, soposably Mcnabb was sick or something, anyways thats what i have heard from eagles fans. Culpepper would have never did that. Plus he's just better period.

coreyd
03-10-2005, 09:57 PM
Not trying to got shot in here......but Pep isnt known for his 2 minute drives.....

hailtocarter
03-10-2005, 10:07 PM
"coreyd" wrote:

Not trying to got shot in here......but Pep isnt known for his 2 minute drives.....

Clock management has a lot to do with coaches...one thing Tice really needs to get better at.

coreyd
03-10-2005, 10:11 PM
True.....so your blaming Tice?

TheHumanComa
03-10-2005, 10:11 PM
"slowlow" wrote:

yeah i agree you shouldn't be slack and just say culpepper but i also think you should have a say as to who you think is better and for what reasons instead of just asking the question. however i do simply want to say culpepper just because i'm a vikings fan. but i will try to take it further. Culpepper and McNabb, a close call for sure but culpepper's rushing and TDs are way better in my opinion. When they played the EAgles in the regular season they were throw for throw, yard for yard and the only reason they lost is because of Culpepper's fumble at the two yard line. Bad for Culpepper but at least he tried to get it in. I like his leadership and his attitude and sure McNabb is a good leader too but he has his mom helping with soup on the sidelines. Culpepper ain't no mama's boy.

ultravikingfan
03-10-2005, 10:30 PM
Pep, no doubt in my military mind!

XTAP59
03-10-2005, 10:32 PM
Culpepper is better.
This year he drastically cut down on his fumbles that was holding him back.
He will, along with the rest of the offense miss Randy Moss so we will see just how good he really is.
Hope he throws 45 TD passes and 4500 yards.
Don't think he will, just hope he does.

Purple Dragoon
03-10-2005, 10:52 PM
Culpepper and Manning are the two best QBs in the league, easily.

We all know what both can do, McNabb is a poor man's Daunte Culpepper, he's just had a better defense behind him to cover his ass.

finnishvikingsfan
03-10-2005, 11:01 PM
I say Culpepper is a better QB he might even be the best QB in the NFL Manning did have a good year but look at the people around him they werent hurt like Moss was. He didnt have a Running Back problem.

dauntefan
03-10-2005, 11:13 PM
I'm with you vikingfan. Everyone in the world will say Manning is the best, but just imagine what Culpepper would do with that Colts offense.

midgensa
03-10-2005, 11:22 PM
I'm not ready to name anyone as a better QB than Peyton Manning, that is just silly I think, but I will say I would take Pep probably 8 out of 10 times over McNabb. The major difference is that when Pep is razzled he throws picks and fumbles, McNabb just get eratic and tens to throw incomplete passes. Both are fabulous quarterbacks and both are the heart and souls of their team (yes even more than TO). If I was a fan of either team (and obviously Im a Vikes fan) I would not trade my man for the world. :salute: to both of the top two QBs in the NFC (with that Vick guy comin hard)

ADubya26
03-10-2005, 11:22 PM
Manning IS the best.

My only knack about Culpepper is I would like to see him lead some game winning drives, and make some more challenging throws.

midgensa
03-10-2005, 11:24 PM
By the way, I do think I would take Vick over both of them. Noone in the game is as dangerous on a play to play basis as Vick (except for that Moss :rr: guy I once heard of)

slowlow
03-10-2005, 11:27 PM
we need plaxico because culpeps arm str is a HUGE weapon

tarkenton10
03-11-2005, 08:56 AM
Culpepper is better than Mcscab but they are both questionable in apressure situation. I would take DC because of his accuracy, Mcscab is way off target on some of his passes. There is a lot left to their decision making; and neither are close to Manning at this point. Also I would say Culpepper has made strides in his game, and I think Mcscab has plateaued and his skills have become stagnent. He is probably as good as he ever is going to be, DC I still have hope for improvement.

vikes09
03-11-2005, 10:14 AM
i thought that culp did great underpressure. look at the past games when mcnabb was in the champoinship game and all his nfc champoinships. howd they all end? by interceptions. all of them. they were all from a mcnabb mistake. i dont think culpepper has had that much pressure though. i think hed handle it well, in my unbias mind.

tarkenton10
03-11-2005, 10:57 AM
You didn't see the same Philly game that I did. He threw four or five balls in the dirt to wide open receivers. He couldn't find a wide open Wiggins with the game on the line and Wiggins running free twenty yards down field. He still has a ways to go before you can convince me he would have the ability to orchestrate a game winning drive in the playoffs let alone the super bowl.

sitandbehitski
03-11-2005, 11:34 AM
Anybody who thinks Vick is a good QUARTERBACK is a retard, if he wasn't so fragile he might be an excellent RUNNING BACK, but he is quite frankly a terrible QB.

PurpleAndy
03-11-2005, 11:50 AM
Vick is a lousy passer. He's a great quarterback.

slowlow
03-11-2005, 11:51 AM
vick is a good quarterback if u saw the pro-bowl. he was the only one on NFC that a TD pass and rushing TD

mark
03-11-2005, 11:57 AM
Id take cpep over anybody. His best years are ahead of him

PurplePackerEater
03-11-2005, 12:19 PM
"coreyd" wrote:

Every time Pep scores near the end of a half or game, our defense lets the other team score in half the time. I believe that that overshadows any last minute drive we made. 2005 -GO DEFENSE :thumbleft:

slowlow
03-11-2005, 12:24 PM
guys check out this allusion stare at for 30 seconds and look at the wall http://www.ebaumsworld.com/focus.html

tarkenton10
03-11-2005, 12:27 PM
Not true, We had the ball against GB in both games he couldn't keep the drives going and we had to punt. Good QBs find a way to run out the clock. We had the ball against Indy and he did nothing, we had to punt and indy drove down the field. He has had his opportunity to shine and has fallen short. I think DC needs to improve in this area if we are to get over the hump in the playoffs and onto the super bowl.

PurplePackerEater
03-11-2005, 12:28 PM
OK Not every time, but I've seen it alot!

PurplePackerEater
03-11-2005, 12:30 PM
I do agree that DC needs to improve thing, -everyone does to make it to the big game.

slowlow
03-11-2005, 12:31 PM
did you see my illusion?

vikes09
03-11-2005, 01:39 PM
dont put that kinda cr@p in here.

ultravikingfan
03-11-2005, 01:43 PM
"slowlow" wrote:

vick is a good quarterback if u saw the pro-bowl. he was the only one on NFC that a TD pass and rushing TD

I hope you are not basing a good QB on Pro Bowl performance

"slowlow" wrote:

guys check out this allusion stare at for 30 seconds and look at the wall http://www.ebaumsworld.com/focus.html

What does this have to do with football?