PDA

View Full Version : Can you imagine?

zakvikes2k
03-10-2005, 06:47 PM
The Vikings with Fred Smoot, Antoine Winfield, Brian Williams, Donovin Darius, and Corey Chavous in the secondary?
The Vikings receivers being Nate Burleson, Marcus Robinson, Plaxico Burress, and Rod Gardner?

Now seeing that we actually get Darius, Gardner, and Burress, these things will come true, but the way things are going the Vikings look as if they will sign or trade for these players.

And we'll only lose a 4th round pick for Gardner, a 2nd round pick and a player (maybe Irvin, a back-up probably) for Darius, and Burress joining the team for not nearly as much as he expected.

Plus, the fact that players are asking to play for the Vikings (Darius and Gardner). Nobody in the past WANTED to play here. Now, players WANT. Why? Seems as if they see the Vikings potential without Moss. Our defense will actually be a defense and who wouldn't want Culpepper to throw them the ball, excluding Moss. Things are turning around and now it looks like all the pieces of the puzzle are falling right in to place. Let's go Vikings and let's see the rest of the players who WANT to play here be on the team at the start of next season.

LosAngelis
03-10-2005, 06:49 PM
*sigh*

"No, Los, trading Moss would be terrible for the Vikings. No good can possibly come of it. You just don't want him to beat you anymore."

vegasvike
03-10-2005, 06:50 PM
Even though he WAS a packer how would it look if we got DD and Sharper of DS would have to play fs

triedandtruevikesfan
03-10-2005, 06:51 PM
oh just say it los... I can just hear you screaming "I told ya so" at your computer... I'm gonna wait until the season starts to see if we're "better off without him" granted we should be with the talent we've just signed, but I feel disloyal even thinking it!!

ADubya26
03-10-2005, 07:00 PM
I think we could have done most of this with keeping Moss.

renovikesfan
03-10-2005, 07:00 PM
Red's leaving, too...so I'm not sure if FAs wanting to come here now when they didn't want to before is because of Moss leaving. Why would Moss's exit make DEFENSIVE players decide to come here?

(Unless they just didn't want to continually get burnt by him in training camp and practice...LOL)

zakvikes2k
03-10-2005, 07:01 PM
The Packers are looking terrible for this season. Losing their best O-linemen and losing Sharper. Oh well, the Vikings should cruise to a division title this year.

slowlow
03-10-2005, 07:05 PM
are we getting darius for sure?

LosAngelis
03-10-2005, 07:12 PM
"zakvikes2k" wrote:

The Packers are looking terrible for this season. Losing their best O-linemen and losing Sharper. Oh well, the Vikings should cruise to a division title this year.

Looking terrible? No.

Looking different? Majorly.

Agreed I don't think we're going to have nearly as much talent as last season.

But let's look:

Wahle: Big loss, but far too expensive. Attitude problem in the locker room.
Rivera: Loss, but is old and had surgeries. Time to get someone new in there. Jerry Johnson just paid a lot of money for an old guard.
Sharper: Too expensive. Declining skills and poor fundamentals. Only problem is we have no one to replace him. Yet.
Jue: Addition by subtraction.
Hawthorne: Addition by subtraction.
Navies: A backup trying to start.

Still have: Favre, Green, Henderson, 3/5 of one of the best OLines (Flanagan, Taucher, Clifton) in football, Driver, Ferguson, Walker, Franks, KGB, Grady, Hunt, Barnett, Diggs, Harris.

Jim Bates taking over the D. Sherman focusing on coaching. Thompson calling the shots in the front office as a Ron Wolf disiciple.

I'm not saying anything, or making any grand predictions. I wouldn't stick a fork in us quite yet, though.

vegasvike
03-10-2005, 07:19 PM
los is right they are not looking terrible.

they are looking "OH MY GOD IS THAT REALLY A FOOTBALL TEAM" horrible- majorly

LosAngelis
03-10-2005, 07:23 PM
LOL..you're on a roll tonight, vegas.

VikingsTw
03-10-2005, 07:25 PM
Yeah he is, i thought it hilarious!

vegasvike
03-10-2005, 07:44 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

LOL..you're on a roll tonight, vegas.

hey thanks and say nothing good comes from not takin your pills. I'm proof thats wrong :colors:

vikes09
03-10-2005, 08:22 PM
los, im not counting GB out. even though ur o-line isnt looking 2 good where serena and venesa will be playing and our o-line can shut down kgb and that fat tub of lard thats ur nose tackle and end at the same time, and ur secondary has 2 wear boxing gloves to stop from holding, and ur qb still owes god $2. :wink: seriously though, i think GB could suprise some ppl w/ a good draft and picking up cheap good f.a.s even though i hope they do squat and all thier draft picks r busts. :rr:

coreyd
03-10-2005, 09:42 PM
"renovikesfan" wrote:

Red's leaving, too...so I'm not sure if FAs wanting to come here now when they didn't want to before is because of Moss leaving. Why would Moss's exit make DEFENSIVE players decide to come here?

(Unless they just didn't want to continually get burnt by him in training camp and practice...LOL)

I think a lot had to do with the fact that we use to come off as an offensive team. I think once Moss left it sent the message that we were going to say fvck the offense. Not like all together, but when he got traded it ended up being pretty clear that are concentration wasnt on offense anymore. And then first Harris, the Williams, and once Smoot popped in here, I think players got jealous and they new that if they wanted to be on an "All-star defensive team." then they would have to come here.

slowlow
03-10-2005, 09:43 PM
true

coreyd
03-10-2005, 09:44 PM
The days of watching our defense cost us games are over gentlemen (and triedandtrue)!

GreenBaySlackers
03-10-2005, 09:52 PM
"vikes09" wrote:

los, im not counting GB out. even though ur o-line isnt looking 2 good where serena and venesa will be playing and our o-line can shut down kgb and that fat tub of lard thats ur nose tackle and end at the same time, and ur secondary has 2 wear boxing gloves to stop from holding, and ur qb still owes god $2. :wink: seriously though, i think GB could suprise some ppl w/ a good draft and picking up cheap good f.a.s even though i hope they do squat and all thier draft picks r busts. :rr:

speaking of bust draft picks... hows that punter doing los?

TheHumanComa
03-10-2005, 10:29 PM
"ADubya26" wrote:

No way , the cap space provided by getting rid of Moss gave the team enough room to beef up the defense. With Moss still here we may have been able to sign one good Defender and then hope they pick some rookies ready to start right away from the draft. i didn't like it at first but now i'm lovin' it. Except Moss and the Raiders are looking pretty good too.

eclipse_2303
03-11-2005, 02:09 AM
Lets not get it twisted Plaxico, Gardner & Taylor don't want to play with the Vikings. They want to play with Culpepper. If it were Brad Johnson they wouldn't want to be here.

midgensa
03-11-2005, 03:05 AM
"TheHumanComa" wrote:

"ADubya26" wrote:

No way , the cap space provided by getting rid of Moss gave the team enough room to beef up the defense. With Moss still here we may have been able to sign one good Defender and then hope they pick some rookies ready to start right away from the draft. i didn't like it at first but now i'm lovin' it. Except Moss and the Raiders are looking pretty good too.

Are you kidding? The seventh pick is gonna cost similar to Moss in cap room anyways, not quite the same, but Jesus we had 27 million with him still around, the cap HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT

tarkenton10
03-11-2005, 08:00 AM
You guys are fooling yourselves if you think these FAs want to come here because they would love to play for the Vikes. They want to come here because we have the most cap space and know we are in need of their talents at that particular position. They think they can hit a big payday, that is all they are worried about. Plaxico wanted to come here to get big money and the ball thrown to him; Gardner same thing. DD wants to come here because he knows we desperatley need help at safety and we have a huge amount of cap room. So don't think these players are saying how great Minnesota is because of their love for the game or this team, it is the love of money that draws them to us!!!!!!

hovan
03-11-2005, 12:55 PM
What a difference a year makes. can't say I agree with the changes ...but I will always root for the horned warriors

GO VIKINGS

Hope all of you are doing well