PDA

View Full Version : Stuck with Red until May??

vikingsdiva
03-10-2005, 09:58 AM
I was just on viking update and it said what we thought could happen. No change in ownership yet. Check the link: http://vikings.scout.com/2/358865.html

Is there a Glen Taylor in the building? I hope this means fowler's plans are not working out.

UMDTwinsfan
03-10-2005, 10:00 AM
I don't think this is an indication that fowlers plan isnt working out. From what i understand this is the normal procedure for someone buying a team it wasnt going to be approved right away.. correct me if im worng someone

vikingsdiva
03-10-2005, 10:02 AM
I wasn't sure with all the changes that were in the air if something else was up.

UMDTwinsfan
03-10-2005, 10:04 AM
you might be right id much rather see the team owned by Taylor too :D

vikingsdiva
03-10-2005, 10:07 AM
Maybe it's overoptimism on my part. But I am by no means a guru on NFL ownership rules. It just seems like the whole thing is so fishy, ya know? Like all the lawsuits Fowler has pending on him, his evasiveness to financial questions, down to is he married. I think he could be another Red McCombs with all the lies he's told.

UMDTwinsfan
03-10-2005, 10:10 AM
yea i completely agree all the lawsuits deifnately don't make me feel like he is the right change we need in ownership....hopefully everything will work out for the best, but with everything going so good right now I'm a little wary that something has to go wrong

PurpleRide
03-10-2005, 10:10 AM
Why are some people dead set on taylor owning the team? I still want fowler and hope he is the owner now more than ever because of all the people who think Reggie is a bad fit because he's not from here. I think I can recall Reggie having some type of plan for a stadium, where is taylors?

UMDTwinsfan
03-10-2005, 10:13 AM
Fowler has a stadium? if so that is news to me taylor jsut wants public help for a new stadium.. neither is saying we dont need a stadium

purplehorn
03-10-2005, 10:15 AM
"PurpleRide" wrote:

Why are some people dead set on taylor owning the team? I still want fowler and hope he is the owner now more than ever because of all the people who think Reggie is a bad fit because he's not from here. I think I can recall Reggie having some type of plan for a stadium, where is taylors?

Taylor has a proven track record of building a championship
caliber team, to my knowledge he hasn't lied about his previous
acomplishments and has the money. I don't think Fowler is
a good fit at all and afraid he lied about not wanting to move the
team. Something is just scarey about that guy. :scratch:

vikingsdiva
03-10-2005, 10:18 AM
"PurpleRide" wrote:

Ever had a conversation with someone who refuses to make eye contact? It's uncomfortable. Fowler gives me personally a bad vibe. It's like he's hiding something. With as little as can be known about him, it makes me think we'd be better off to stay with Red. (Did youhear my skin crawl?UGH!) But we know alot about Taylor. We have seen what he has done with the T-wolves, and his check is as good as gold once cashed. He has the money. But that's not the key elemet. He also has connections that he could get a stadium built. I like the thought of a black owner, but sometimes I think it's like forcing two puzzle pieces that don't fit together. We can't be jumpy to want ANYONe to take over the team because it's a P.C. thing to do. It's what's best for the team, and that is Taylor.

PurpleRide
03-10-2005, 10:27 AM
We don't need a new staduim? How often do you go to the metrodump? I have season tickets, I cannot stand the place. I have to take a bus or train from the tailgating lot to the dome, wait in line for 30 min to go to the bathroom or get food. Yes, we need a new staduim the metrodump is outdated and not pratical for the fans that want to enjoy the game day expirence. Sure it might be a great place if you are watching the game on T.V., but if you are there...the place sucks...I do not like the bears or gay-bay but there fans have it made when they go into their own new,nice fan-freindly staduims

PurpleRide
03-10-2005, 10:30 AM
oh yeah remember the joe smith deal that taylor did? How can you trust that, I think the team is still suffering from that...Just because the guy lives here doesn't mean he still can't move the team. He is a business man, he will do what he can to make money

vikingsdiva
03-10-2005, 10:44 AM
"PurpleRide" wrote:

oh yeah remember the joe smith deal that taylor did? How can you trust that, I think the team is still suffering from that...Just because the guy lives here doesn't mean he still can't move the team. He is a business man, he will do what he can to make money
Did I miss something :scratch: ? I don't think anyone said we don't need a stadium. That's something all Vikes fans agree on.

PurpleRide
03-10-2005, 11:15 AM
yeah I miss read something...Sorry everyone!!!I still hate the metrodump

vikingsdiva
03-10-2005, 01:43 PM
"PurpleRide" wrote:

No harm done. I'm not a big fan of the metrodome either. It is however my happy place. I can understand your frustrations but when I am at the dome I feel like nothing else matters. But then again, I'm not a season ticket holder.I am in favor of a new happy place, which is anywhere my Vikes are...as long as they stay in Minnesota!! :!:

vikingsdiva
03-10-2005, 01:44 PM
"PurpleRide" wrote:

No harm done. I'm not a big fan of the metrodome either. It is however my happy place. I can understand your frustrations but when I am at the dome I feel like nothing else matters. But then again, I'm not a season ticket holder.I am in favor of a new happy place, which is anywhere my Vikes are...as long as they stay in Minnesota!! :!:

AngloVike
03-10-2005, 01:46 PM
"vikingsdiva" wrote:

Maybe it's overoptimism on my part. But I am by no means a guru on NFL ownership rules. It just seems like the whole thing is so fishy, ya know? Like all the lawsuits Fowler has pending on him, his evasiveness to financial questions, down to is he married. I think he could be another Red McCombs with all the lies he's told.

Despite the issues with his resume, projected wealth etc I think that the process with the NFL is currently going at the right speed. When the sale was first announcedit was said that it could take anything between 30 -90 days to complete and present to the NFL committee for approval. I'm not sure if they would call a special meeting for this as, so far the team doesn't appear to have been handicapped in terms of FA. So maybe there is some background 'discussion' between McCombs and Fowler with Red extremely confident that the sale will go through and that he won't be out of pocket through any signings that Fowler wants made... IMO

vikingsdiva
03-10-2005, 01:50 PM
"AngloVike" wrote:

"vikingsdiva" wrote:

Despite the issues with his resume, projected wealth etc I think that the process with the NFL is currently going at the right speed. When the sale was first announcedit was said that it could take anything between 30 -90 days to complete and present to the NFL committee for approval. I'm not sure if they would call a special meeting for this as, so far the team doesn't appear to have been handicapped in terms of FA. So maybe there is some background 'discussion' between McCombs and Fowler with Red extremely confident that the sale will go through and that he won't be out of pocket through any signings that Fowler wants made... IMO

D@MN!!!!! :!: :!: :!:

Caztortroi
03-10-2005, 01:54 PM
You know, my mom and dad recently came out to Seattle to visit. I ended up taking my father to a Mariner's baseball game and he said one of the best comments I've heard about building new stadiums in MN. We were sitting about 10 rows up just behind home plate and as he looked around Safeco Field he turned and said to me: "You know? They should bring all of the backers for the Twins and Vikings out here and sit them down in this stadium, and tell them to just look. Take a look at setup of this place, it's amazing!" After the game, my dad and I walked around and took a look at Qwest Field (home of the Seahawks) and he immediatly reitterated what he had said about Safeco Field. It didn't cost the city of Seattle an arm and a leg to build the 2 new stadiums, and Qwest in fact was built UNDER budget. All you money grubbing Scrooges up there in your penthouses need to release the lock you have on your wallet and help out not only the teams, but also the fans!

On the Taylor vs Fowler issue, I believe that Taylor would be a better fit for the Vikings organization. Not only has he proven himself with the T-Wolves, but I also belive that he has the connections and the influence to get more out of the state than anyone could. But, then again, I could be wrong. Time will tell.

vikingsdiva
03-10-2005, 02:00 PM
"Caztortroi" wrote:

You know, my mom and dad recently came out to Seattle to visit. I ended up taking my father to a Mariner's baseball game and he said one of the best comments I've heard about building new stadiums in MN. We were sitting about 10 rows up just behind home plate and as he looked around Safeco Field he turned and said to me: "You know? They should bring all of the backers for the Twins and Vikings out here and sit them down in this stadium, and tell them to just look. Take a look at setup of this place, it's amazing!" After the game, my dad and I walked around and took a look at Qwest Field (home of the Seahawks) and he immediatly reitterated what he had said about Safeco Field. It didn't cost the city of Seattle an arm and a leg to build the 2 new stadiums, and Qwest in fact was built UNDER budget. All you money grubbing Scrooges up there in your penthouses need to release the lock you have on your wallet and help out not only the teams, but also the fans!
Thanks for your support. :salute: Very well put. And welcome by the way.

On the Taylor vs Fowler issue, I believe that Taylor would be a better fit for the Vikings organization. Not only has he proven himself with the T-Wolves, but I also belive that he has the connections and the influence to get more out of the state than anyone could. But, then again, I could be wrong. Time will tell.