PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Williams to Defensive End.....and i love it

insomniac
03-09-2005, 09:09 PM
Vikings | Williams to Play DE Position
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 19:24:23 -0800

Vikings.com reports Minnesota Vikings DE Kevin Williams will play the defensive end position next season, according to vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski.

Vikings | Harris to Play SAM Position
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 19:17:56 -0800

Vikings.com reports Minnesota Vikings LB Napoleon Harris will play the SAM linebacker position next season, according to vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski.

i think thats a great move... with those corners he is gonna cause havoc...20 sacks next year..better then peppers

Del Rio
03-09-2005, 09:13 PM
Worst move ever if they move him to end. Doesn't make any sense at all. You take your best interior lineman and force him to worry about contain and finesse. Stupid and I'm 90% sure this is false.

I saw Tice say they are going 4 man front. Rob probably doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

Williams + Williams at DT and Udeze + Scott at DE.

VikesFan111
03-09-2005, 09:45 PM
That would be stupid...why? why? why? are they going to do this? That means we are either going to a 3-4, or we are getting a DT in the draft with pick 18.

VikesFan111
03-09-2005, 09:46 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Worst move ever if they move him to end. Doesn't make any sense at all. You take your best interior lineman and force him to worry about contain and finesse. Stupid and I'm 90% sure this is false.

I saw Tice say they are going 4 man front. Rob probably doesn't know his butt from a hole in the ground.

Williams + Williams at DT and Udeze + Scott at DE.

You said it much better than me. He is top 3 DT in the league IMO.

ndakvikefan
03-09-2005, 10:19 PM
The only way I see Williams moving is if they switch to a 3-4 and williams is lined up on the outside

ADubya26
03-09-2005, 10:23 PM
Those links are a week old. I doubt they are true

XTAP59
03-09-2005, 10:27 PM
Williams is just settling in becoming a dominant force in the middle. It would be a mistake to move him.

Purple Dragoon
03-10-2005, 12:12 AM
Kevin Williams is the best DT in the league, it would be an absolute waste of time to move him from his natural spot. We don't call him the animal for nothing around these parts, he dominates in the middle of the line, and he will just keep getting better and better as time goes on.

You heard it here first: Kevin Williams will be a Hall of Famer someday. Barring catastrophic injuries or moving him to end.

IBleedPurple11
03-10-2005, 02:09 AM
williams-williams side by side!!!

AngloVike
03-10-2005, 05:03 AM
"ndakvikefan" wrote:

The only way I see Williams moving is if they switch to a 3-4 and williams is lined up on the outside

saw a snippet today where the Vikes say they are not going to a
3-4, so no way is there any justification for moving Williams to end. We have two ends at the minute with Johnson & Udeze so why, as said earlier, move a top tackle along to end ??

this sounds like a smokescreen, so maybe we're looking out in FA for another pass rusher and this is the Vike's way of trying to cover any interest.
Anyone aware of any DE's that are still out on the market ?

ElBarto
03-10-2005, 07:20 AM
Tice at press conference on 3/3

Q: Do you see the line as Williams, Williams, Udeze, Scott?

A: Absolutely. Doesn't it sound good with Spencer Johnson and Kenny Mixon as backups, and then whoever else we find in the draft or free agency or whatever. In 2002, go back and check your notes in maybe one of my first press conferences, besides moving Jimmy (Kleinsasser) to tight end, I talked about we wanted to build our defensive team from the front back. We've come a long way over three years with the help of Rob and Scott Studwell and his staff, and Paul Wiggin and his staff, of trying to make that one of the strengths of not just our defensive football team, but of our football team. Right now coming back from the combine and talking to peers, which we do when we're at the combine and at the Senior Bowl, they like the same thing I like. They like our defensive front, and that was before adding Pat Williams. Now you add a Pat Williams, I wonder what my peers are saying? We have a very formidable, athletic, defensive front and it got better today. That's exciting to me.

So unless he was planning or playing Udeze or Scott at DT this Williams talk is crazy. We moved him from DE and he started to rip it up, why break up the Venus and Serena partnership before it begins??

Sprewell27
03-10-2005, 09:37 AM
"Mixon will return

Defensive end Kenny Mixon, penciled in as a backup this season, has accepted a pay reduction rather than force his release.

According to Players Association documents, the Vikings lowered Mixon's 2005 base salary from $3.8 million to $750,000. They also voided the final year of the deal; he was scheduled to be paid $4.6 million in 2006.

It is believed Mixon can recoup some of his pay loss through incentives. Darrion Scott and Kenechi Udeze are expected to start at defensive end.

Etc.

• Cottrell said the Vikings have no interest in switching to a 3-4 defense and will stick with the 4-3."

http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5283642.html

slowlow
03-10-2005, 12:48 PM
why would you put kev williams and DE he is our best D player besides i think mixon and udeze got the job covered

muchluv4smoot
03-10-2005, 04:15 PM
"insomniac" wrote:

Vikings | Williams to Play DE Position
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 19:24:23 -0800

Vikings.com reports Minnesota Vikings DE Kevin Williams will play the defensive end position next season, according to vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski.

Vikings | Harris to Play SAM Position
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 19:17:56 -0800

Vikings.com reports Minnesota Vikings LB Napoleon Harris will play the SAM linebacker position next season, according to vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski.

i think thats a great move... with those corners he is gonna cause havoc...20 sacks next year..better then peppers

He's not playing DE next year people, Tice has already said he is playing DT, next to Pat, in a 4-3. Cottrell also said today, that he isn't gonna use the 3-4 next year. Are starting D line is scott, williams, williams and udeze.

zakvikes2k
03-10-2005, 06:30 PM
That's right, Williams and Williams side by side is going to be great. I can't wait to see them together. If they moved K-Will to the outside he wouldn't have the double team taken away from that P-Will creates.