PDA

View Full Version : who is better??

magicci
03-09-2005, 10:08 PM
who is a better corner winfield or smoot because they are both #1 corners?

rkuriger04
03-09-2005, 10:18 PM
r u insane
winfield

ultravikingfan
03-09-2005, 10:19 PM
IMO Smoot is better against the pass.

Winfield is has better field vision though.

I will admit I have not seen too much of Smoot though.

UMDTwinsfan
03-09-2005, 10:22 PM
i'm gonna agree with Ultra ... winfield is the best overall smoot is the better cover man just my opinion

KennyJman
03-09-2005, 10:23 PM
Who cares when they are both on your team?

When you say better, do you mean in coverage, tackling, raw athletic ability or what?

I think Winfield is smarter, and probably tougher, but Smoot is faster and more athletic. Just my little insignificant opinion. Take it for whatever you think it may or may not be worth.

coreyd
03-09-2005, 10:23 PM
I say its a tie!

ultravikingfan
03-09-2005, 10:26 PM
"KennyJman" wrote:

The guy was just asking our opinions. Maybe he doesn't really know Smoot to well, I don't.

"KennyJman" wrote:

When you say better, do you mean in coverage, tackling, raw athletic ability or what?

Thats what he was asking for.

"KennyJman" wrote:

I think Winfield is smarter, and probably tougher, but Smoot is faster and more athletic. Just my little insignificant opinion. Take it for whatever you think it may or may not be worth.

:thumbleft:

V4L
03-09-2005, 10:43 PM
nah id say winny is better at covering.. i didnt see him get burnt once this year besides against T-ho and that wasnt even a catch.. ive seen smoot play some and he is a good corner no doubt.. but he gets burnt a little more then winny does

magicci
03-09-2005, 10:59 PM
hummm so who will be our #1 most likely winfield then?

UMDTwinsfan
03-09-2005, 11:08 PM
winfield will be the number one he will know the system better having played in it for a year already also i think the consensus is winfield is the better overall corner.

fourdoorchevelle
03-09-2005, 11:20 PM
thank god i'm not worried bout win Vs smoot , just know that no qb is going to look forward to tring to pick on one . how bout chavious or russel? but to answer the Q . winfield has looked like a nordic god . so it's gonna be hard to say other wise , but i hope smoot makes this a very close arguement by this time next year

XTAP59
03-09-2005, 11:33 PM
Winfield.
Great cover, a leader on the field, and tremendous against the run.

NeoVikesTX
03-09-2005, 11:34 PM
In my opinion Winfield is the better all around player and athlete. Winfield made so many plays last year, from forced fumbles, to open field tackles, to INTs, to special teams play. He should have been a pro-bowler and would of been had he not gotten injured.

Fred Smoot will be a nice addition, but he has some work to do before he surpasses Antoine Winfield in my book. Both of them together and Brian Williams will be nice to see. No more "CB of the week" like last season.

briboy75
03-09-2005, 11:44 PM
neither of them can compare to the mad skills possessed by mr robert tait. :)

UMDTwinsfan
03-09-2005, 11:48 PM
ah the vikes own WR converted to a DB way before belicheck dreamt it up haha oh tate wahtever happened to him..I'm assuming retirement

TheAnimal93
03-10-2005, 07:14 AM
they are both number ones. no reason to debate who is better. they are both vikings and i am giddy!!!!!! lol!!!!
we are going to have a contending defense for a change.

mark
03-10-2005, 07:33 AM
Our best corner is definetly shaw. Did you see when he held johnson to 190 yds last year? Ill take winfield if i had to pick

BBQ Platypus
03-10-2005, 08:58 AM
I like Winfield because he plays like the unholy offspring of a safety and a corner (maybe we should call him Frankenstein...or Frankinfield...or something). Anycrap, I'm just glad to have someone on the same level as Winfield playing across from him.

thepacksux
03-10-2005, 11:40 AM
i just hope b.will will stick around and learn from these guys and stay our nickel back beyond the upcoming season.

PurpleRide
03-10-2005, 11:43 AM
Both!!!Finally we have a great trio of DB's. I don't care who is better, all that matters is we win

VKG4LFE
03-10-2005, 12:24 PM
"KennyJman" wrote:

I agree!! I'm not gonna make an argument for either, cuz we have them both!!

PurpleAndy
03-10-2005, 12:54 PM
I think we all know the best CB around these parts is Wawassa Serwanga.

Man, if only we'd kept him, we'd be swimming in Lombardi trophies.

slowlow
03-10-2005, 01:50 PM
i think winfield is better overall in everything