PDA

View Full Version : Rivalry Losing Some Steam??

LosAngelis
03-09-2005, 08:13 PM
Just a thought as a Packer fan:

You guys have traded away one of the greatest Packer-killers of all time, and to be honest, the target of many happy Packer fans after a win, or on any occasion.

You are on the verge of cutting your trailer-park white-trash Chris Hovan, whose homoerotic fascination with Brett Favre placed him on many Packer dartboards.

And now, your resident neanderthal, Mike Tice, looks like he's about to ride Dino off into the sunset.

Now, I make these cuts in a congenial way. These folks were a primary source of hatred from Packer fans. We hated Moss with a passion. We were infuriated with Hovan. We couldn't stand Tice.

My point is...who do we hate now? It's kind of like when Michael Irvin and Troy Aikman retired from Dallas and Deion left. Hate Emmitt Smith? Kind of hard to do. Grrrr, that Larry Allen....doesn't have the same ring....

We can sort of hate Daunte, but most of you know I've always liked him.

Michael Bennett? Can't hate on a Badger.

Winfield? Udeze? Smoot? Well, none of them have done anything above and beyond the playing field....yet.

Now, let's look at the other side.

Brett Favre, our resident pill-popping hillbilly, might be calling it quits. You guys have been preparing your cheer for this day ever since I've been on this board.

Sharper (I mean, "Sharpier") is gone. Mckenzie's gone. Guys who built up the rivalry on our side have been long gone: Holmgren, White, Chmura, Butler,etc.

Who do you guys hate? Sherman, I suppose. Ahman Green? Nice guy. Donald Driver? Inspirational guy. KGB? Barnett? Bubba?

Don't get me wrong. I will hate the Vikings as much as you guys hate the Packers. It's habit and we love it.

It's just hard when you don't have the "targets" to direct it at anymore. This happened with the Bears 15 years ago, too...McMahon, Fridge, all those guys you just couldn't stand and wanted to see your team beat the crap out of....who can you hate on the Bears today?

Here is to Winfield holding and Daunte whining. Here is to Walker dancing on your logo and Flanagan making a "legal" chop block on a Viking.

:occasion5:

I mean, shees! We gotta have people to hate on the other side! THAT'S the best part of the tradition!!!!

VKG4LFE
03-09-2005, 08:15 PM
I think I will just turn my hatred towards you!! lol!!

koolkev8
03-09-2005, 08:24 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I think I will just turn my hatred towards you!! lol!!

NIce.. LOL!!!

LosAngelis
03-09-2005, 08:31 PM
Well, shoot...if you're gonna hate on me, I'm gonna go dance on your logo at midfield!!

koolkev8
03-09-2005, 08:32 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

Well, shoot...if you're gonna hate on me, I'm gonna go dance on your logo at midfield!!

Have fun!!!

VKG4LFE
03-09-2005, 08:33 PM
LOL, and then Fred Smoot will lay you out Darren Woodson style!! (I think he's the first one that hit TO)

UMDTwinsfan
03-09-2005, 08:35 PM
I think george teague was actually the guy to get Owens i might be wrong though

VKG4LFE
03-09-2005, 08:37 PM
Oh yeah, and then Emmitt was the second one to do it?

duluthvikeslover85
I think if we do get donovan darius, another little rivalry is born between the might Vikes and the pack. I know ferguson will somehow try to get something back from the clothesline hit he received.

UMDTwinsfan
i believe you are correct my friend :D

Caztortroi
03-09-2005, 08:40 PM
If there's one thing I've learned about the Viking/Packer rivalry in the past almost 3 decades now, it's that IT WILL NEVER EVER DIE! Players on both sides have come and gone and never once did I see the rivalry between our 2 squads die out.

If you ever find yourself struggling to find fuel for the fire LosAngelis remember this fact. . . the Vikes knocked your meatPackers STRAIGHT OUT of the playoffs!

:bootyshake:

Kleinsasser40
03-09-2005, 08:43 PM
No, it's still on Los...Here's to the sure hands of Ahman Green...

LosAngelis
03-09-2005, 08:57 PM
LOL..I knew I could count on you guys!

ADubya26
03-09-2005, 08:58 PM
The rivalry will still be there...all it takes is one hard hit and its on again. If we can get Darius, that will fuel the fire some more now wont it?

LosAngelis
03-09-2005, 09:01 PM
Hmmm..imagine if we acquired Moss in trade from Oakland. Favre to Moss....wow...think of the possibilities....

triedandtruevikesfan
03-09-2005, 09:04 PM
Granted hating Brett Favre makes hating the Packers that much more fun, but no matter what... I'm gonna hate them. I'm gonna look forward to beating them every year no matter who plays for them.

On KFAN today they were talking about possible trades and such and they were talking about trading someone for Davenpoop... and I was like NOOOOOOOO I can't cheer for a cheesehead!!

ultravikingfan
03-09-2005, 09:22 PM
How about we just hate the Pack, and you guys hate the Vikes.

Spread the hate evenly! :lol:

ItalianStallion
03-09-2005, 09:37 PM
I dunno I still really dislike Al Harris and Ahman. More than anything I hate the Packers fans that are retarded.

GreenBaySlackers
03-09-2005, 09:41 PM
I hate Nick BArnett witha fiery passion, he is my least favorite player in the league. just cant stand him :angryfire:

vikinggreg
03-09-2005, 09:43 PM
I guess we just have to get Darius, light the fire in Packer land, and to remove heads on the crossing patterns : )

WI-ULT-MOSS-FAN
03-09-2005, 11:17 PM
this is too easy.... hate Barnett and Walker. Barnett makes one tackle and you think he saved the world. Then you got Walker, what a show boating pile of steaming $hit. The guys does so much dancing Michael Jackson is jealous, oh and by the way this is one good year for a guy who was supposed to be like Moss and he only has about 75 TD's to go to catch up to Randy. The one thing that comes to mind when I think of Walker..OVERRATED Yea yea 12 TD's, but Moss had 13 in 5 less games, and Moss would have easily had more yards if it wasnt for an injury. So thats my explanation for who to hate. If Kung fu boy Barnett and Walker the Moss wannabe would stop dancing so much, well I would still hate them. I cant wait to see Smoot lay out Walker, it will be a good feeling drinking to that!!

Caztortroi
03-09-2005, 11:27 PM
Nevermind . . .

VikingsTw
03-10-2005, 12:51 AM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

Just a thought as a Packer fan:

You guys have traded away one of the greatest Packer-killers of all time, and to be honest, the target of many happy Packer fans after a win, or on any occasion.

You are on the verge of cutting your trailer-park white-trash Chris Hovan, whose homoerotic fascination with Brett Favre placed him on many Packer dartboards.

And now, your resident neanderthal, Mike Tice, looks like he's about to ride Dino off into the sunset.

Now, I make these cuts in a congenial way. These folks were a primary source of hatred from Packer fans. We hated Moss with a passion. We were infuriated with Hovan. We couldn't stand Tice.

My point is...who do we hate now? It's kind of like when Michael Irvin and Troy Aikman retired from Dallas and Deion left. Hate Emmitt Smith? Kind of hard to do. Grrrr, that Larry Allen....doesn't have the same ring....

We can sort of hate Daunte, but most of you know I've always liked him.

Michael Bennett? Can't hate on a Badger.

Winfield? Udeze? Smoot? Well, none of them have done anything above and beyond the playing field....yet.

Now, let's look at the other side.

Brett Favre, our resident pill-popping hillbilly, might be calling it quits. You guys have been preparing your cheer for this day ever since I've been on this board.

Sharper (I mean, "Sharpier") is gone. Mckenzie's gone. Guys who built up the rivalry on our side have been long gone: Holmgren, White, Chmura, Butler,etc.

Who do you guys hate? Sherman, I suppose. Ahman Green? Nice guy. Donald Driver? Inspirational guy. KGB? Barnett? Bubba?

Don't get me wrong. I will hate the Vikings as much as you guys hate the Packers. It's habit and we love it.

It's just hard when you don't have the "targets" to direct it at anymore. This happened with the Bears 15 years ago, too...McMahon, Fridge, all those guys you just couldn't stand and wanted to see your team beat the crap out of....who can you hate on the Bears today?

Here is to Winfield holding and Daunte whining. Here is to Walker dancing on your logo and Flanagan making a "legal" chop block on a Viking.

:occasion5:

I mean, shees! We gotta have people to hate on the other side! THAT'S the best part of the tradition!!!!

WTF, Holding? You want to talk about holding lets talk about your great and almighty amhad carroll who holds and still gets burned. Can you say NATE "The Great" BURELSON!

hawaiianvike21
03-10-2005, 02:59 AM
I think the guy to hate on the packers is davenpoop because of what he did. Next comes to mind could be walker or drivers since they have been playing us the most.

You guys could hate culpepper and bash him for his fumbles which at this moment are non-existant. You still could go for bennett even if he is a badger nonetheless.

Del Rio
03-10-2005, 08:05 AM
The rivalry comes from the two teams that are winners. That is why the Bears rivalry has died down. And there never has been a Lions Rivalry. Now that the Packers suck and will never win again I assume it is dead. And that we will now have to begin a rivalry with the Lions.

The base of the Rivalry is founded on competition and wins. The hatred for a few players is just icing on the cake.

jiggyjack
03-10-2005, 08:46 AM
los you seem like a pretty cool guy for a packer fan! the best games are the rival ones, it wouldn't be the same without them. Favre is the guy we love to hate wich is what will make it sad when he goes.

I respect the guy as a player, but I hope he has a terrible game everytime he takes the field. I hope he sticks around for a couple of more years.

sitandbehitski
03-10-2005, 09:12 AM
Agreed jiggyjack, as for players to hate the only one I can think of is Al Harris, other than that I don't really have anybody I don't like anymore. (I always hated Darren SHarper with a passion and now he's gone, which I suppose is good.)

AngloVike
03-10-2005, 09:17 AM
Just for Los we'll see if we can get Darius onto the team, sure that will suffice for the packer backers on game day.

Fair points about it dying down with certain players going, apart from Favre there aren't really any players on either side that would rile up the opposing fans. Course that might all change the first meeting between the teams in the regular season.. :D

PurplePeopleEaters
03-10-2005, 09:52 AM
I hate Brett Favre so much I can't stand how the announcers talk about him. They have an orgasm every time he comes out onto the field. John Madden probably has a Brett Favre shrine in his house that he worships every Packers game.

Brett Favre might be an OK guy but the media makes such a GOOD image out of him that it makes people want to hate him more.

It will be a great and sad day to see brett go but i don't think that the greatest and closest rivalry in the NFL will die down at all.

UMDTwinsfan
03-10-2005, 09:57 AM
I despise Nick Barnett because of his celebrating when he or even one of his teammates makes a tackle even though their down by 2 touches reminds me of Dwayne Rudd....but from what i hear from my friends that are packer fans they hate him too so that doenst really do anyhting for the rivalry

PAvikesfan
03-10-2005, 09:58 AM
it takes years for a rivalry to fade... you are just feeling the effects of the packers not doing anything in free agency--feel the burn. losing two O linemen, sharper...and not signing anyone.

vikingsfanatic94
03-10-2005, 11:17 AM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

I dunno I still really dislike Al Harris and Ahman. More than anything I hate the Packers fans that are retarded.

Aren't they all? Like the saying goes you can take a packqueer fan to a Vikes home game so you have a reason to park in the Handicap spaces.

PurpleAndy
03-10-2005, 12:02 PM
I hate your "Go Pack Go" cheer.

I think your front office are among the stupidest people on Earth for cutting Ed Donatell.

I think your cornerback was the worst host of the Academy Awards in the past 20 years.

I think your running back fumbles too much.

I think your quarterback makes too many stupid mistakes for a guy who's been around that long.

But I do like the bratwursts.

PurpleAndy
03-10-2005, 12:03 PM
Aren't they all? Like the saying goes you can take a packqueer fan to a Vikes home game so you have a reason to park in the Handicap spaces.

LosAngelis isn't retarded or stupid. He's just misguided.

Come into the light my son. Bask in the glory that is purple.

Caztortroi
03-10-2005, 12:08 PM
You know, I had thoughts that this rivalry might die down after Jon Randle, who was probably the biggest Favre hater the Vikes ever had, left to Seattle. By the way, I was able to get him to sign his old Vikings Jersey when I attended a game out here, which is absolutly awesome. But even after Jon left, never once did I see a lull in the firey hatred that is the Green Bay Packers. I see no change now, and do not expect to see one anytime soon.

Anyone remember the commercial with Jon Randle chasing a chicken in a Favre jersey? Best commercial ever! :thumbright:

Prophet
03-10-2005, 12:21 PM
The players are irrelevant in the rivalry. Sure, some get into it more than others, but as long as the Vikings are in MN and the Packers are in WI the rivalry will exist, regardless of who is on the teams.

Blackshirtz
03-10-2005, 12:39 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

Hmmm..imagine if we acquired Moss in trade from Oakland. Favre to Moss....wow...think of the possibilities....

Thats just wrong on many MANY levels. There are just some things that should never happen, Farve shoulld never consider throwing a football in a Viking jersey, and Moss should never think about catching a ball in Packer colours.

sitandbehitski
03-10-2005, 02:54 PM
Amen

ElBarto
03-10-2005, 03:41 PM
"Blackshirtz" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

Thats just wrong on many MANY levels. There are just some things that should never happen, Farve shoulld never consider throwing a football in a Viking jersey, and Moss should never think about catching a ball in Packer colours.

Although he's quite happy throwing to a Viking jersey :cheers:

I'll probably be in the minority here......but I don't hate the Packers :shock: don't get me wrong it's great when they lose and the wildcard game was awesome, but I just don't hate them.

I want to, I really want to but I don't and then I read stuff by Packer fans like Los and I want to hate them even less. It's Probably because I've never met one, hell I've never met anyone who even likes football, so I've got nothing to base my hatred on.

Sorry :silent:

LosAngelis
03-10-2005, 05:22 PM
"PurpleAndy" wrote:

I hate your "Go Pack Go" cheer.

And the Viking "Ricola" horn is vast improvement.

"PurpleAndy" wrote:

I think your front office are among the stupidest people on Earth for cutting Ed Donatell.

Well, this is why we fired Sherman as GM. Shall we talk about Red McCombs trading Randy Moss and keeping Mike Tice now?

"PurpleAndy" wrote:

I think your cornerback was the worst host of the Academy Awards in the past 20 years.

Your third wide receiver needs to stop chasing Bridgitte Neilson through Europe and stay off the weed for a while.

"PurpleAndy" wrote:

I think your running back fumbles too much.

Yes, he does. But I like the fact he gains at least 1500 yards from scrimmage every year. Who is officially your starter, by the way?

"PurpleAndy" wrote:

I think your quarterback makes too many stupid mistakes for a guy who's been around that long.

True. But he also throws for 30 touchdowns and 4000 yards every season, and he's done that without a Randy Moss in his lineup.

"PurpleAndy" wrote:

But I do like the bratwursts.

And I do like most of the folks on this site. So, I guess we all have our redeeming qualities. :)

PurpleAndy
03-10-2005, 06:00 PM

It's the complete wrong octave for the Ricola horn.

Well, this is why we fired Sherman as GM. Shall we talk about Red McCombs trading Randy Moss and keeping Mike Tice now?

No

Your third wide receiver needs to stop chasing Bridgitte Neilson through Europe and stay off the weed for a while.

That one was over my head :-(

Yes, he does. But I like the fact he gains at least 1500 yards from scrimmage every year. Who is officially your starter, by the way?

Scottie Graham

True. But he also throws for 30 touchdowns and 4000 yards every season, and he's done that without a Randy Moss in his lineup.

He could have had Randy Moss in the lineup, but Vonnie Holiday is as good.

And I do like most of the folks on this site. So, I guess we all have our redeeming qualities.

I like you too. I'd like you more if you sent me some cheddar though.

VKG4LFE
03-10-2005, 06:02 PM
"PurpleAndy" wrote:

It's the complete wrong octave for the Ricola horn.

No

That one was over my head :-(

Scottie Graham

He could have had Randy Moss in the lineup, but Vonnie Holiday is as good.

And I do like most of the folks on this site. So, I guess we all have our redeeming qualities.

I like you too. I'd like you more if you sent me some cheddar though.

I think he's comparing Kelly Campbell to Flava Flav, a former rap star that was on that reality show on VH1 (I can't remember the name of it). I thought it was pretty clever personally!!

Steamed Turtle
03-10-2005, 06:41 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

NAKED!

vegasvike
03-10-2005, 06:54 PM
hey los if it makes you feel better I hate shermhead driver and kgb

zakvikes2k
03-10-2005, 07:04 PM
The Vikings are going to smash the Packers in both games this season. That's all I'm going to say.

LosAngelis
03-10-2005, 07:15 PM
Hm. I recall that being said a lot last year, too. :-)

VikingsTw
03-10-2005, 07:18 PM
I think you guys are gonna suck too. Let both your safeties go, now you have to replace them, plus all the other wholes you CAN'T fill because you have no cap room.

No Defense, No Championship.

LosAngelis
03-10-2005, 07:22 PM
We let go of Roman?

VikingsTw
03-10-2005, 07:24 PM
Who knows, i just heard it somewhere, i dont rome on any packer backer boards so i wouldnt know for sure.

LosAngelis
03-10-2005, 07:30 PM
Oh. No we still have our free agent prize from last year, Roman, and our steal of the draft, BJ Sander.

Actually, we may be lining up Sander as our dime back this year.

That, or going with the two punter formation.

sitandbehitski
03-10-2005, 08:18 PM
LOL Nice!!!! :D

UTVikfan
03-10-2005, 08:27 PM
Two punter formation, hahahhaha. I actually really like Sherman, but, I am crushed he isn't in charge of drafting 2nd round batman's in the 1st round anymore. The rivalry will stay intact, for a few years at worst. Players will step up on both sides for us to hate, nbd there. I am glad you dislike Tice, Los. Is it really gonna stick in your craw when we do what we shoulda last year, and will this year? It will make Tice feel really, really smug.

briboy75
03-10-2005, 08:31 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

I think I'd jump off a bridge.

briboy75
03-10-2005, 08:44 PM
The rivalry is as intense as ever.. Did anyone see the playoff game? It was amazing.

sitandbehitski
03-10-2005, 08:50 PM
good point

slowlow
03-10-2005, 09:04 PM
we sweeped that packers in the playoff game

LosAngelis
03-10-2005, 09:07 PM
Don't forget we sweepedicated you guys in the regular season. :-)

slowlow
03-10-2005, 09:09 PM
by three points

jackyl
03-10-2005, 09:11 PM
"slowlow" wrote:

by three points

6 points = 2 losses

VikingsTw
03-10-2005, 09:12 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

Don't forget we sweepedicated you guys in the regular season. :-)

Who cares, we spanked your a$$ in the playoffs then we mooned your fans, litterally.

slowlow
03-10-2005, 09:15 PM
not really mooned fake mooned

LosAngelis
03-10-2005, 09:15 PM
Yes, I remember when that FORMER Viking mooned us.

VikingsTw
03-10-2005, 09:16 PM
I did it from my living room, you just couldn't see it, but i was right there with moss in spirit.

I could hear joe buck "that was a nasty act by vikingstw".

sitandbehitski
03-10-2005, 09:19 PM
Joe Buck was only saying that to cover up his glee at the prospect of seeing Moss's ass, Buck would love to jump it. Gay f$%&

slowlow
03-10-2005, 09:19 PM
they made it a big deal he didnt even show is butt

VikingsTw
03-10-2005, 09:23 PM
Slowlow your not a giants fan are you? If your not you can go to your profile and change your logo(bottom left hand side of your reply box) to a viking.

slowlow
03-10-2005, 09:30 PM
thankyou vikingstw

PurpleAndy
03-11-2005, 09:03 AM
I think he's comparing Kelly Campbell to Flava Flav, a former rap star that was on that reality show on VH1 (I can't remember the name of it). I thought it was pretty clever personally

Ah, ok. Thanks for the clarification :-)

Sigh. I'm so not cool.