PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm...

IBleedPurple11
03-09-2005, 07:56 PM
if i was Brian Williams i would be pissed...they moved him to Nickel because they got smoot, sorry to tell u guys but the past 2 years williams has played better then smoot....2003 and 2004 seasons added together....

Smoot
103 Tackles
13 Assists
0 Sacks
7 Ints
15 Pass Def

B.Will
122 Tackles
29 Assists
3 Sacks
7 Ints
20 Pass Def

UMDTwinsfan
03-09-2005, 07:58 PM
Youn have to remember that teams specifically may throw away from smoot.... "shut down" corner he says it himself his goal is to shut down an entire half of the field. Trust me B will is good, but not nearly as good as Smoot stats dont do freddy jsutice

IBleedPurple11
03-09-2005, 08:01 PM
it 2003 smoot played with bailey...what side did QB's throw to when they played the redskins that year?.......and arrington is on the opposite side....think before u type bro

UMDTwinsfan
03-09-2005, 08:03 PM
tehy threw to baileys side ... think about it bailey is covering the number one usually you throw to your number one reciever the most..... then think of smoot on a number 2 i dont think many number 2's get open on a guy like smoot.... think before you type bro

UMDTwinsfan
03-09-2005, 08:04 PM
also let me mention this Smoot got hurt last year only sat out one game but it may have been nagging him you have to take everything into consideration before you compare stats

hailtocarter
03-09-2005, 08:42 PM
I agree UMD!!!

UMDTwinsfan
03-09-2005, 08:47 PM
thank you gald to know i have some reinforcements :salute:

V4L
03-09-2005, 08:52 PM
im with you there UMD.. also b-will will have more tackles because the RB ussually gets away from the line and linebackers against us.. him and winfield piled up tackles last year

ADubya26
03-09-2005, 08:52 PM
If they had a stat of who got burnt most, BWill would win. He is perfect where he is now at nickel.

UMDTwinsfan
03-09-2005, 08:54 PM
yea the way i look at it was B will was an adequate #2 but hell be an outstanding nickel

Del Rio
03-09-2005, 09:10 PM
"IBleedPurple11" wrote:

if i was Brian Williams i would be pissed...they moved him to Nickel because they got smoot, sorry to tell u guys but the past 2 years williams has played better then smoot....2003 and 2004 seasons added together....

Smoot
103 Tackles
13 Assists
0 Sacks
7 Ints
15 Pass Def

B.Will
122 Tackles
29 Assists
3 Sacks
7 Ints
20 Pass Def

Good point.
No I think they threw at smoot more. WTF would you throw towards Bailey one of the BEST in the league. Smoot is a good CB nothing special. People are in a frenzy that is all. B Williams played in one of the worst D situations. Smoot had it made. Numbers don't lie. The real issue isn't being addressed and it is deeper then the player level.

None the less B. Will has no choise he will be Nickle even if he shows Smoot up the money alone guarantees he plays no matter what. People who know he is so awesome probably haven't seen him play a full game. Akhorous on here a Skins fan probably knows the most about him and he said he isn't as good as we think.

I'm glad to have him. But thanks for the stats it tells alot about the facts and what people want to believe.

V4L
03-09-2005, 09:12 PM
yah i was reading something on bailey and they compared him to deion.. saying he shut down a whole side many times.. like he didnt get 1 pass thrown his way that game..

UMDTwinsfan
03-09-2005, 09:13 PM
youd throw at him because hes on your number 1 you're right smoot had it made which meant other people on his team were making tackles / plays bwill had his pick of palys to make ie tackles our linebackers missed sometimes the numbers do lie or you need to look at different numbers

Del Rio
03-09-2005, 09:14 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

yah i was reading something on bailey and they compared him to deion.. saying he shut down a whole side many times.. like he didnt get 1 pass thrown his way that game..

Bailey was a shutdown corner no doubt teams avoided throwing his way.

enlvikeman
03-09-2005, 09:21 PM
You can never have two many good cornerbacks. Especially with the injuries around the nfl last year.

snowinapril
03-09-2005, 09:21 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Everytime I watched a Broncos game this year they kept commenting that they are throwing right at Bailey. He got thrown at a lot more this year that is for sure. When the anouncers would say that, they sounded like they couldn't believe they would want to throw at such a high paid stud.

Del Rio, I hope smoot is better than you are making him out to be. You are going to burst our bubble.

UMDTwinsfan
03-09-2005, 09:24 PM
I honestly dont think smoot will disappoint hes been part of one of the top defenses the past couple years in teh redskins given he had Bailey/springs but now he has winfield I don't see him disappointing us at all

jackyl
03-09-2005, 10:19 PM
"IBleedPurple11" wrote:

it 2003 smoot played with bailey...what side did QB's throw to when they played the redskins that year?.......and arrington is on the opposite side....think before u type bro

Yeah teams are really scared of Arrington... 3 INT's in his career, all in 01 and only played 20 games in the past 2 seasons.

XTAP59
03-09-2005, 10:35 PM
"IBleedPurple11" wrote:

Smoot
103 Tackles
13 Assists
0 Sacks
7 Ints
15 Pass Def

B.Will
122 Tackles
29 Assists
3 Sacks
7 Ints
20 Pass Def

You don't think its because they pick on williams cause the receivers always open do you?

Del Rio
03-10-2005, 07:09 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Everytime I watched a Broncos game this year they kept commenting that they are throwing right at Bailey. He got thrown at a lot more this year that is for sure. When the anouncers would say that, they sounded like they couldn't believe they would want to throw at such a high paid stud.

Del Rio, I hope smoot is better than you are making him out to be. You are going to burst our bubble.

I don't know any more about him then half of his new fans on this site. He seems to be pretty damn good to me. I'm glad he is here. I just found it extreemly typical and sad that someone posted some stats that are factual and he gets ripped because someone was saying something negative about Smoot.

The responses he got just shows me what a bunch of fanboi's are here now LMAO. Smoot is good. I have 2 skin fans at my work one said he is overrated and the other said he is ok. Now granted they might be bitter he is leaving. I for one see him as an improvement only if our system changes.

UMDTwinsfan
03-10-2005, 07:16 AM
I didnt try to rip him I was just trying to state an opposite opinion. I never once ripped into him for his opinion I think B-will is defiantely a good corner. I'm sorry if it came out wrong, but I was just stating that there could be reasons why smoot's numbers are lower than B-Will's If i upset anyone i truly apologize. :(

Del Rio
03-10-2005, 07:59 AM
Dude I don't know if it was you ro not don't feel like you owe anyone an apology. It's not my place to decide these things.

The guy just came to the table with some facts he didn't say anything bad and the overall mood of the thread was that he was a jack ass for even thinking that.

No one owes me an apology. But to the guy who told him to think before he typed you are just being a tool :P

Webby
03-10-2005, 08:12 AM
"IBleedPurple11" wrote:

that ending remark was unnecessary and not gonna be put up with. At all.

Beyond that, many folks I think would direct that sentiment towards you, being that stats are not the be all end all. I have a stat for you that you can take to the bank: continue to attack other posters and its the big buh bye to you.

vikingsdiva
03-10-2005, 09:06 AM
I think one thing to remember , as generic as it sounds, is; We are not going to be the same team.period. We are revamping our defense foremost. Change is far overdue for the vikes defense. Cotrell will have this defense looking sharp if he is allowed to control more of the decision making. Amusing to me is that we had the most dynamic offense last year and one of the worst defenses. Redskins had a crappy offense and one of the best defense. Maybe we can learn from them in the defense aspect. I do believe defense is the new asset in football winning strategy this coming year. Just look at who played in the playoffs. Teams with dynamic defenses. But overallwe would be better if we went back to the purple people eater mentality. Defense wins games. DEFENSE RULES!!

2fat4uVike
03-10-2005, 10:12 AM
We all have to remember that Cotrell had to "dumb down" the defense last year also, he admitted we didn't have the talent to execute his defensive schemes. I think alot of that fell on our LB's inexperience, it made safeties and corners a bit more apprehensive having to backup someone (LB's) who they could see was out of position. I just hope that Nap Harris's "get to the ball" instincts will rub off on Dontarious and EJ.

vikingsdiva
03-10-2005, 10:22 AM
Good point. So maybe his schemes are something he is going to have to bring on the team slowly. Do you think??