PDA

View Full Version : Japanese may back Fowler

PurplePharaoh
03-09-2005, 06:53 PM
Posted on Tue, Mar. 08, 2005

Japanese may back Fowler

CHARLEY WALTERS

If Arizona businessman Reggie Fowler's agreement to buy the Vikings is approved by the NFL, look for the deal to be financed by the Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation of Japan. And don't be surprised if James Weinstein of the Sumitomo Mitsui office in New York becomes the Vikings' chief financial officer.

People who should know figure it's a 50-50 bet whether the NFL will approve Red McCombs' sale to Fowler. The price, by the way, is closer to $600 million rather than the oft-reported $625 million.

• Ohio State's men's basketball upset of Illinois on Sunday means the Gophers and Wisconsin were the only teams to defeat the Buckeyes in 18 games in Columbus this season. That should work in Minnesota's favor with the NCAA selection committee Sunday.

• Running back Marion Barber III probably made $300,000 Monday based on his 4.48-second and 4.49-second clockings in the 40-yard dash on pro workout day at the Gophers' indoor football complex. Barber, who declared for next month's NFL draft after his junior season at Minnesota, needed to clock less than 4.60 seconds to impress the two dozen NFL scouts who attended the workout. He probably elevated his draft status from a projected third-round pick to the second round.

Of the NFL teams represented, 17 sent their running backs coaches to test Barber.

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/football/11076948.htm

VKG4LFE
03-09-2005, 06:58 PM
I'm happy for Barber, I didn't think he was that fast, I hope he has a good career (even though I wanted him to come back for a third straight year with 1,000+ with Mr. Maroney!!)

ultravikingfan
03-09-2005, 07:57 PM
Maybe he got a deal to sell Toyota's at his dealerships too! :lol:

koolkev8
03-09-2005, 08:15 PM
Sweet!!!

XTAP59
03-09-2005, 10:43 PM
"PurplePharaoh" wrote:

• Running back Marion Barber III probably made $300,000 Monday based on his 4.48-second and 4.49-second clockings in the 40-yard dash on pro workout day at the Gophers' indoor football complex. Barber, who declared for next month's NFL draft after his junior season at Minnesota, needed to clock less than 4.60 seconds to impress the two dozen NFL scouts who attended the workout. He probably elevated his draft status from a projected third-round pick to the second round.

Of the NFL teams represented, 17 sent their running backs coaches to test Barber.

In other news, former Ohio State running back Maurice Clarett is still running the forty yard dash. His Estimated time is said to be 15 minutes, which is just about up.....

Fame is so fleeting....

TheAnimal93
03-10-2005, 05:58 AM
"XTAP59" wrote:

"PurplePharaoh" wrote:

In other news, former Ohio State running back Maurice Clarett is still running the forty yard dash. His Estimated time is said to be 15 minutes, which is just about up.....

Fame is so fleeting....

lmao.....pretty good.....i heard he ran just what under tice ran in the 40.

PurpleRide
03-16-2005, 07:23 AM
On P.A. yesterday he said that the deal for Fowler is pretty much locked-up. You know PA has all in inside scoops