Green Bay Packers (vikes win)
Chicago Bears (vikes win)
Detroit Lions (vikes win)
Pittsburgh Steelers (vikes lose)
Cleveland Browns (vikes win)
New Orleans Saints (vikes win)
St. Louis Rams (vikes win)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (vikes win)
* they might lose to detroit or st.louis but at the worst, vikes will be 6-2 at home.

2005 Away Games
Green Bay Packers (vikes lose)
Detroit Lions (vikes lose)
Atlanta Falcons (vikes lose)
Carolina Panthers (vikes win)
Baltimore Ravens (vikes win)
Cincinnati Bengals (vikes win)
New York Giants (vikes win)
* maybe they beat detroit at detroit and lose to the ravens, but the lions are looking good so far in free agency

11-5 for 2005? maybe 10-6 but no worse. If 4 decides to stay in Mississipi, we should be 7-1 against the division.

PurpleAndy
03-09-2005, 01:45 AM
And ye, do I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Harrington, I will fear no Lions from Detroit.

IBleedPurple11
03-09-2005, 01:49 AM
sorry but i can never say the vikes will lose a game before the game even starts...in my mind we go 16-0 next season idc who we play or where we play...we have a chance to win...there is no VIKES LOSE...in my mind

DrSwerve
03-09-2005, 01:58 AM
The game on the schedule that scares me, like it does every year, is the Giants. For some reason, they completely own us, even though they usually get the crap kicked out of them by everyone else. I'm definitely going to make sure I'm at that game though since I'm moving to NY in a few weeks.

XxS2TheEvoxX
03-09-2005, 04:34 AM
:: shivers :: Giants

I'm definitely going to that game though.

UMDTwinsfan
03-09-2005, 06:31 AM
"IBleedPurple11" wrote:

sorry but i can never say the vikes will lose a game before the game even starts...in my mind we go 16-0 next season idc who we play or where we play...we have a chance to win...there is no VIKES LOSE...in my mind

Same here either way you look at it this season is going to be soooooooo fun!!!!!

VikesFan4Life
03-09-2005, 06:52 AM
"XxS2TheEvoxX" wrote:

:: shivers :: Giants

I'm definitely going to that game though.

If I'm not mistaken, the last time we beat the G-Men was at their house the year following that awful playoff game...

Maybe we'll get 'em this year!

DaunteHOF
03-09-2005, 07:00 AM
I hope we play the Raiders!

Meaning both teams would be in the superbowl, heh!

PurplePeopleEaters
03-09-2005, 07:12 AM
nfl sunday ticket!
:D/

VKG4LFE
03-09-2005, 08:16 AM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

this is how I see the season going so far. let me know what you think

2005 Home Games
Green Bay Packers (vikes win)
Detroit Lions (vikes win)
Pittsburgh Steelers (vikes lose)
Cleveland Browns (vikes win)
New Orleans Saints (vikes win)
St. Louis Rams (vikes win)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (vikes win)
* they might lose to detroit or st.louis but at the worst, vikes will be 6-2 at home.

2005 Away Games
Green Bay Packers (vikes lose)
Detroit Lions (vikes lose)
Atlanta Falcons (vikes lose)
Carolina Panthers (vikes win)
Baltimore Ravens (vikes win)
Cincinnati Bengals (vikes win)
New York Giants (vikes win)
* maybe they beat detroit at detroit and lose to the ravens, but the lions are looking good so far in free agency

11-5 for 2005? maybe 10-6 but no worse. If 4 decides to stay in Mississipi, we should be 7-1 against the division.

That would be amazing if we went 7-1 against the division, but that would require us sweeping Detroit, GB and Chicago and splitting the season series against ourselves!! lol

Del Rio
03-09-2005, 08:21 AM
A little too soon for me to be making predictions.

Just praying we stay healthy this year for a change.

VKG4LFE
03-09-2005, 08:22 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

A little too soon for me to be making predictions.

Just praying we stay healthy this year for a change.

Exactly! Having Jimmy K back and Rosy on the o-line! Healthy will be huge!!!

(insert smiley on knees praying here_______)

Lando
03-09-2005, 08:41 AM
When does the actual game schedule get released?

TheHumanComa
03-09-2005, 10:30 AM
I remember when i first saw their 2005 opponents and i got a little worried but looking at it now it doesn't seem that bad especially with the acquisitions they've recently made. No predictions from me either just cheering for wins

VKG4LFE
03-09-2005, 10:31 AM
I can't wait to play the steelers! We are going to beat Big Ben!

ElBarto
03-09-2005, 10:55 AM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I can't wait to play the steelers! We are going to beat Big Ben!

Agreed :thumbleft: I'm hoping to be able to get over for that game, marked it down as soon as I saw we had them at the Dome.

It'll be nice to Venus & Serena feeding onsome Roethlisberger :cheers:

purplepat
03-09-2005, 11:04 AM
All I'll say is that after the optimism about the "improved defense" that I and many Viking fans had at the beginning of 2004, I'm not getting my hopes up until I see some actual results in the 2005 season. Likewise, the offense will probably be "OK" without Moss, but I'm expecting a much different offense. Certainly less explosive, possibly much lower scoring. Until I see how the "Mossless" Vikings offense performs, and how the "new and improved" defense performs, I will be reluctant to make many predictions regarding the Vikings season or record.

VKG4LFE
03-09-2005, 11:07 AM
I have to agree with you purplepat! I was pumped for last years D, with our young and fast linebackers and we saw how that worked! I like to stay positive, but I guess we'll see what happens. I do however, think we will be better than last years D!

BigEasyViking
03-09-2005, 11:13 AM
"All I'll say is that after the optimism about the "improved defense" that I and many Viking fans had at the beginning of 2004, I'm not getting my hopes up until I see some actual results in the 2005 season. Likewise, the offense will probably be "OK" without Moss, but I'm expecting a much different offense. Certainly less explosive, possibly much lower scoring. Until I see how the "Mossless" Vikings offense performs, and how the "new and improved" defense performs, I will be reluctant to make many predictions regarding the Vikings season or record"

:pale: :scratch: I see that PurplePat hasn't really gotten over the Moss trade either? I FEEL YOUR PAIN MAN!!!!!!!! :scratch: :pale:

WI-ULT-MOSS-FAN
03-09-2005, 11:20 AM
I will keep up the optimistic views, but like the others I will also wait to see. I think that with the 2 corners now the D will be much better. Especially if Darius is landed. I dont see how it could be worse, especially with the draft yet to come, I am pleased at this point with the FA signing, I really did not expect red to be spending anything this close to the team being sold. Either Way go Vikes!!!

sitandbehitski
03-09-2005, 11:24 AM
You have us beating the Panthers and Ravens, while I think we can beat one of those teams, I don't think it'll be both, you also have us losing to the Falcons, that's not gonna happen with Venus & Serena plugging up the Run, causing Vick to throw his usual 127 yds passing with a pick or two, and of course, we'll lose to the Giants. We ALWAYS lose to the frickin' giants!

Otherwise, we'll sweep all division teams!!! :cheers:

BigEasyViking
03-09-2005, 11:34 AM
Yeah, i think that RED may be just trying to take one final Run at winning the BOWL! Just in case the Fowler thing falls through ya know. I guess that for what ever reason Red has for finally opening up the POCKET BOOK, I hope he keeps it up.]

VikemanX84
03-09-2005, 11:44 AM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

I hope we play the Raiders!

Meaning both teams would be in the superbowl, heh!

lol, I think that would just guarentee us a 5th Super Bowl loss. With all the teams in the AFC that are really good, the only one I don't think we'd have a chance to beat is the Raiders. When we traded Moss, not only did we give up a guy who accounted for the majority of offense the last 5 years and the most talented WR the game has ever seen, but with the trade signature we basically agreed to lose to the Riaders every game we play against them while Moss is playing. Don't believe me? What's Moss's reccord against the Cowboys and his stats? I think in 3 games it's somewhere around 11 reps for 8 TDs and 450 - 500 yards.

VikemanX84
03-09-2005, 11:53 AM
sitandbehit has a good point about the Falcons. Have a good Dline, especially in the middle seems to be the best way to stop Vick. If we can get a decent Linebacker to play WILL then I don't think we'll have much fo a problem with the Falcons.

We're also not going to lose to the Lions. They're good and getting better, just not good enough. The best thing they have going for them on offense is Kevin Jones and PW is a great remedy for him. They don't have a great Oline and KWill, Udeze, and Johnstone will be able to get to Harrington and mess with him.

I don't know how good our offense is going to be next year but the Lions do seem to have a weakness at the DE position. If they can stay healthy it'll be a tough game, but we'll win.

As far as the Packers in Lambeau, I think we'll win. They beat us twice last year and we need want revenge. They lost guys on the Oline and we gained big time on teh Dline to shut down Green. Now allw e have to worry about is Favre and his INT-throwing ways. With more pressure and a better secondary, we'llw in there.

I think we'll lose to St. Louis and the Giants, we can never seem to beat either team. Which brings me to the questions of why every stinking year we need to play the Giants?

The Bears are a team in our division I'm most worried about. A great defense and with Muhammad and Grossman healthy and a good coach in Lovie Smith, they'll be givign us a run for our money at a division title. I think we'll Lose at Solider field.

snowinapril
03-09-2005, 12:13 PM
Just remember, we are going to have MANY MANY MANY new faces on D. Our offense will we different without Moss. I hope we don't miss a beat. Training camp is going to be crucial this year. It will determine how well we start the season off playing together as a team.

VKG4LFE
03-09-2005, 01:52 PM
Yeah, we will really need the team to gel and figure out just what the heck everyone else's assignments are! Let's hope it doesn't take long!

VikesFan111
03-09-2005, 06:59 PM
10-6...I think most might be underestimating Chicago a little bit.

JotaSkeelow
03-09-2005, 08:41 PM
11-5 more like 5-11 good luck trying to have culpepper pass the ball when he can't just lob it up and have moss run under and catch it. it is a good thing you have all those running backs because after week two bennet will have torn his acl and bongterrio will be out for the year for smoking weed again. plus your linebackers are hilariously bad. maybe ej can continue to look like crap and prove that they vikings can't draft. hey watch out you guys might be taking clarett at number seven.

VKG4LFE
03-09-2005, 08:43 PM
Wow I'm shocked, an unintelligent Philly fan! Let's give him a round of applause!

duluthvikeslover85
03-09-2005, 08:52 PM
I know its a little in the future but i kknow i am going to the game in 2007 when Randys Raiders visit the Purple, anyone else stoked about this meeting?

VikesFan111
03-09-2005, 09:51 PM
"JotaSkeelow" wrote:

11-5 more like 5-11 good luck trying to have culpepper pass the ball when he can't just lob it up and have moss run under and catch it. it is a good thing you have all those running backs because after week two bennet will have torn his acl and bongterrio will be out for the year for smoking weed again. plus your linebackers are hilariously bad. maybe ej can continue to look like crap and prove that they vikings can't draft. hey watch out you guys might be taking clarett at number seven.

:pukeright: :bootyshake:

Mr Anderson
03-10-2005, 12:40 PM
I hate saying this but we're gonna get brutally raped and murdered by the Ravens next season.

Theyre gonna win the super bowl.

This is if Kyle Boller plays well

GQVikesfan
03-10-2005, 12:51 PM
"Mr Anderson" wrote:

I hate saying this but we're gonna get brutally raped and murdered by the Ravens next season.

Yea the game against the Ravens scares me.. I mean come'on, they held Indianapolis to only 20 points.. and Indy has a high powered offense! Hopefully we will pull something out of our a$$ and win that game.

slowlow
03-10-2005, 02:08 PM
I SAY WE WIN ALL GAMES. rember draft day is still coming and were not done with free agency. we should get all linbackers in the draft but thomas davis sounds good to me

slowlow
03-10-2005, 02:10 PM
indianpolis sucks no D wat so ever except that dumb freeney guy

ultravikingfan
03-10-2005, 02:16 PM
"Mr Anderson" wrote:

That is the big "if". I think our D can shut them down. I think we can squeak in a few points too. It may come down to turnovers and points off of turnovers.

I honestly see us beating them. They may have the better D, but there O is horrendous.