PDA

View Full Version : New Attitude on D

ADubya26
03-08-2005, 07:16 PM
Nap Harris and Smoot are both bringing distinct attitudes to our D, which is awesome. I cant wait to see some trash talking from our D next season! Sign Darius up too and our defense will be FILTHY.

triedandtruevikesfan
03-08-2005, 07:17 PM
I am totally getting excited thats for sure... its been such a long time since we've had a D worth getting excited for!!

koolkev8
03-08-2005, 07:36 PM
Dude... this is so awesome... Talk about a total turn around in our defence...

JTSnow
03-08-2005, 07:49 PM
"ADubya26" wrote:

Nap Harris and Smoot are both bringing distinct attitudes to our D, which is awesome. I cant wait to see some trash talking from our D next season! Sign Darius up too and our defense will be FILTHY.

You forgot to mention Pat Williams.

cc21
03-08-2005, 07:49 PM
"koolkev8" wrote:

Dude... this is so awesome... Talk about a total turn around in our defence...

ill say

sitandbehitski
03-08-2005, 07:53 PM
If we got Darius we could have interviews like the Raiders used to have.

"People say we're cheap. . . .
Okay, so we're cheap, what you gonna do about it?"

JTSnow
03-08-2005, 07:56 PM
"sitandbehitski" wrote:

If we got Darius we could have interviews like the Raiders used to have.

"People say we're cheap. . . .
Okay, so we're cheap, what you gonna do about it?"

RIGHT ON :thumbleft:

zeppelin4534
03-08-2005, 08:13 PM
We are starting to come together as an all around team. Im waiting for next season more than ever. Smoot andWinfield. Lets get a safety and we're gonna be nasty. Im so excited.

ultravikingfan
03-08-2005, 08:30 PM
It is very encouraging seeing this type of talent on the D again! It has been a long time! This is the most excited about our D since Doleman, Millard, Browner and the others played for us! :thumbleft:

zeppelin4534
03-08-2005, 08:38 PM
I havent gotten to ever see the Vikes with a massive D since im only 17, but im really getting excited about next year because i think all the players on the Vikes are thinking big next year and i think they are really pumped. Expect the best from the D next year. Think about our D LINE. WOW!! and winfield and smoot and i think harris will play great for us and whoever we pick up in the draft. Im really pumped for the season. just wish it wasnt so far away.

ItalianStallion
03-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Even with these player I am still skeptical about our young linebackers, they need to learn how to cover FAST, otherwise we will get killed by intermediate routes.

V4L
03-08-2005, 08:46 PM
i think EJ will come out next year.. he did have almost 100 tackles! thats a plus.. he was getting better at the run game.. he just needs to work on the pass game.. and Nap is a huge upgrade.. i just wish we still had CC... i loved that guy.. polley or hartwell will work for me!

VikesFan111
03-08-2005, 09:22 PM
If we could pull out Hartwell someway...with that rooted d-line and probably the best CB Trio in a long time, that would be insane. It would add much needed depth.

I want Darius bad also...but I want that 18th pick for Thomas Davis or Brodney Pool a lot as well. I would rather go with Davis IMO at 18. I would really like Darius(Dont scorch me) dont get me wrong.

We need to keep Offord and Chavous. Get Darius and a rookie safety.

Didn't we resign Wiggins? WOW...a great day today and I just found a new attitude myself. As long as we dont draft a RB.

XTAP59
03-08-2005, 10:38 PM
I still want to see another linebacker signed and a safety.

vikingsfanatic94
03-08-2005, 10:43 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

i think EJ will come out next year.. he did have almost 100 tackles! thats a plus.. he was getting better at the run game.. he just needs to work on the pass game.. and Nap is a huge upgrade.. i just wish we still had CC... i loved that guy.. polley or hartwell will work for me!

I could not agree more! Ed Hartwell would be an excellent addition to EJ and Nap. Did you see any of the Pro Bowl footage. Ed hartwell looked great in the Vikings cap that he took from Daunte. I hope that this was a sign that he wants to be w/ the vikes. Go Get Him!!!!!

fourdoorchevelle
03-08-2005, 11:24 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

It is very encouraging seeing this type of talent on the D again! It has been a long time! This is the most excited about our D since Doleman, Millard, Browner and the others played for us! :thumbleft: i think our o is better than wade wlison and anthony carter , also

zeppelin4534
03-09-2005, 05:48 PM
The D is gonna be good next year, i know we say this every year because we sign a couple guys that are ok or that are supposed to be good...but this year we have proven pro bowlers. I mean getting Smoot and Pat Williams is huge and also bringing Nap is a big hting. Im just anxious for the draft. I think we need to get Mike Williams with the 7th pick and grab a defenseive player for the 18th. Im getting excited for next year. I also think our O will be fine next year. It will be explosive. It was explosive without Moss. Burleson likes to make some crazy runs after the catch. I think this could be the year depending on what we do with the FA and the draft.

ultravikingfan
03-09-2005, 06:04 PM
"fourdoorchevelle" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

It is very encouraging seeing this type of talent on the D again! It has been a long time! This is the most excited about our D since Doleman, Millard, Browner and the others played for us! :thumbleft: i think our o is better than wade wlison and anthony carter , also

A lot better!

UMDTwinsfan
03-09-2005, 06:15 PM
Oh wade wilson haha i remember i used to have a little figurine of him

PurplePeopleEaters
03-10-2005, 09:47 AM
"zeppelin4534" wrote:

The D is gonna be good next year, i know we say this every year because we sign a couple guys that are ok or that are supposed to be good...but this year we have proven pro bowlers. I mean getting Smoot and Pat Williams is huge and also bringing Nap is a big hting. Im just anxious for the draft. I think we need to get Mike Williams with the 7th pick and grab a defenseive player for the 18th. Im getting excited for next year. I also think our O will be fine next year. It will be explosive. It was explosive without Moss. Burleson likes to make some crazy runs after the catch. I think this could be the year depending on what we do with the FA and the draft.

If I witness a vikings super bowl win.....i don't know what I would do.

Vikings 41 Raiders 0

PurpleRide
03-10-2005, 10:00 AM
Only 2 more payments on the season tickets!!!

purplehorn
03-10-2005, 10:20 AM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

I am totally getting excited thats for sure... !!

:shock:

PurpleAndy
03-10-2005, 12:05 PM
Oh wade wilson haha i remember i used to have a little figurine of him

My dad had a figurine of Wade Wilson as well. Except his was more of a doll had pins stuck in it.

slowlow
03-10-2005, 02:03 PM
i say we get sharper but do not give our 7th round pick for it if the packers want our 7th rounder than screw it.... lets just get linbackers in the draft. look at the chargers they got rookie linebackers look how good they were this year!

slowlow
03-10-2005, 02:03 PM
chavous is fine with me