PDA

View Full Version : R-E-S-P-E-C-T

coreyd
03-08-2005, 12:01 AM
Not bragging by any means, but I made a statement last week saying that FREE AGENTS SHOULD BE LINING UP TO SIGN WITH US.......AND LOOK!!

ITS ALL ABOUT RESPECT......AND APPARENTLY SOME WELL KNOWN PEOPLE IN THE NFL ARE GIVING IT TO US!!

Now, put the FAs, Draft, and trades aside for a minute. Now answer this one defining question.
With the way we are sitting right now as far as options are concerned, am I the only one that sees it all working out for us.....AND GETTING US THE TROPHY!!!

Food for thought: Maybe the reason we havent signed Free Agents is because Tice is telling them to hold off and see if Reggie gets approved to buy the team.......THEN ITS GO TIME WITH MORE SECURITY.....AND MAYBE THATS WHY SOME BIG PLAYERS HAVE NOT SIGNED WITH OTHER TEAMS YET......

Just an idea.............. :rr:

RK.
03-08-2005, 01:12 AM
Its an idea. :) Not too likely however.

AngloVike
03-08-2005, 04:28 AM
Much as I 'd like to think that I still think that the Vikes are viewed as being a cheapskate team - and the hiccups with Pat Williams and Antonio Pierce may well have re-inforced that impression.

With FA then how many players will be willing to wait and see if the change in ownership goes through before they want to come and sign.

At the moment my one concern not being addressed is that of kicker - do we really want to be waiting for training camp cuts before we get someone in for the season.

XxS2TheEvoxX
03-08-2005, 05:42 AM
"AngloVike" wrote:

Much as I 'd like to think that I still think that the Vikes are viewed as being a cheapskate team - and the hiccups with Pat Williams and Antonio Pierce may well have re-inforced that impression.

With FA then how many players will be willing to wait and see if the change in ownership goes through before they want to come and sign.

At the moment my one concern not being addressed is that of kicker - do we really want to be waiting for training camp cuts before we get someone in for the season.

I've been pushing for Nugent for a while, and I'm still solidly behind this guy. I'd use a 2nd on this guy if we really needed to. If he was still around in the 3rd I'd be amazed.

AngloVike
03-08-2005, 06:42 AM
"XxS2TheEvoxX" wrote:

"AngloVike" wrote:

I've been pushing for Nugent for a while, and I'm still solidly behind this guy. I'd use a 2nd on this guy if we really needed to. If he was still around in the 3rd I'd be amazed.

problem is that we went down the road of drafting a rookie kicker two years ago and goy burnt for it. Based on that experience I can't see Tice being that brave and trying it again when our kicking has been shown to be a big achilles heel like it was last season.

vixtalkn
03-08-2005, 06:58 AM
Hey, DoreyC. You're joshin' right? The Yikes organization is the NFL's biggest joke. Players are sentenced to the Yikes, not signed.

Del Rio
03-08-2005, 07:05 AM
Yeah that's why the Packers are bolting as fast as cats with thier assess on fire!

This year will be the same as the last few years in regards to the Pack....... they will suck. If your media messiah QB retires your in for a world of hurt, if he stays your in for another bumpy year.

It's time for you to realize the truth that the Pack is in a rebuilding year. Enjoy getting rump thumped by the Lions, the Bears, and yes the Vikings.

vixtalkn
03-08-2005, 07:18 AM
Too funny, Del. No one's boltin' the Pack. Just a little year-end financial business. Every NFL team but your's is tweakin' the payroll to stay under the cap. The Pack is no different. The Yikes, however, are struggling to keep their payroll at the league minimum. You guys won't be thumpin' anyone.

Del Rio
03-08-2005, 07:40 AM
Who have the Pack signed?

Who have the Pack lost?

Nice job trying to rationalize the end of an era for your team. They aren't doing anything. Your talking smack to the wrong team. You guys are in a world of hurt I suggest taking your game to a team like the Saints. Go find yourself a nice goat to snuggle up with because it's gonna be a long year for pack fans.

ADubya26
03-08-2005, 08:15 AM
As much as I would like to think it was about respect, I think it has just a little to do with the fact that we have the most cheese to offer. Also, I think that us getting a minority owner really encourages some players to want to play here and be a part of it.

vixtalkn
03-08-2005, 08:20 AM
We'll see. We'll see what the season brings. Gotta remember that a lot of FAs are trash-heap stuff. A few, like Wahle, are floatin' around as cap damage, but guys like Warner, Garcia, Rivera, et al have one or two years left at best. No rush to sign them unless you can get 'em for cheap. JJ down in Dallas signin' Rivera for big cash was dumb, just dumb.

As for the Pack doin' nothing, well, you're just not payin' attention. While the Yikes talk trash the Pack is quietly going about the business of buildin' an ass-kickin' organization. Keep your eyes on things over the next few weeks. It'll frighten you.

Del Rio
03-08-2005, 08:32 AM
Trust me I am frightened.

Frightened that next year we will dump the Packers Rivalry and have to start one with the Lions because the Pack just wont be able to compete.

Please tell me you aren't thinking about signing Garcia

AngloVike
03-08-2005, 08:46 AM
"vixtalkn" wrote:

We'll see. We'll see what the season brings. Gotta remember that a lot of FAs are trash-heap stuff. A few, like Wahle, are floatin' around as cap damage, but guys like Warner, Garcia, Rivera, et al have one or two years left at best. No rush to sign them unless you can get 'em for cheap. JJ down in Dallas signin' Rivera for big cash was dumb, just dumb.

As for the Pack doin' nothing, well, you're just not payin' attention. While the Yikes talk trash the Pack is quietly going about the business of buildin' an butt-kickin' organization. Keep your eyes on things over the next few weeks. It'll frighten you.
quietly ??? don't make me laugh, the only time I've heard chumps like you quiet was after your swift exit from the playoffs in January. Considering how we 'backed into the playoffs' we seemed to kick your butts that afternoon.

jackyl
03-08-2005, 08:54 AM
It's not about respect. It's that the vikes have the most money that HAS to be spent, and these guys want a big payday. It's about money, not respect.

TheAnimal93
03-08-2005, 09:02 AM
We'll see. We'll see what the season brings. Gotta remember that a lot of pukers are trash-heap stuff. A few, like Wahle, are floatin' around as cap damage, but guys like Warner, Garcia, Rivera, et al have one or two years left at best. No rush to sign them unless you can get 'em for cheap. JJ down in Dallas signin' Rivera for big cash was dumb, just dumb.

As for the Pack doin' nothing, well, you're just not payin' attention. While the Yikes talk trash the Pack is quietly going(to hell in a handbasket) about the business of buildin' an butt-kickin' organization. Keep your eyes on things over the next few weeks. I'll frighten you.

the cheese stands alone
the cheese stands alone
hi ho mederio.........

sabatajh
03-08-2005, 09:19 AM
speaking of the pack... there is a story circulating on espn stating that they are going to release darren sharper......

with that said im really hoping the vikes start spendin some money cause the big names are gettin picked up real quick and the only info goin around out of winter park if freddie jones is commin to visit......

ultravikingfan
03-08-2005, 09:21 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Trust me I am frightened.

Frightened that next year we will dump the Packers Rivalry and have to start one with the Lions because the Pack just wont be able to compete.

Please tell me you aren't thinking about signing Garcia

Too awesome! :D

ElBarto
03-08-2005, 09:27 AM
"vixtalkn" wrote:

As for the Pack doin' nothing, well, you're just not payin' attention. While the Yikes talk trash the Pack is quietly going about the business of buildin' an butt-kickin' organization. Keep your eyes on things over the next few weeks. It'll frighten you.

Different words have different meanings in different countries and maybe I'm mixing things up but in America does "It'll Frighten You" mean

"It'll make you wet you're pants because you're laughing so much at the Packers letting there better players leave and seemingly make no attempt to replace them and if Favre doesn't reitre then he'll come back with an inferior line and get destroyed by Venus & Serena (The Williams Sisters) next time he comes up against the Vikings"

or something like that :D

AngloVike
03-08-2005, 09:33 AM
"ElBarto" wrote:

"vixtalkn" wrote:

Different words have different meanings in different countries and maybe I'm mixing things up but in America does "It'll Frighten You" mean

"It'll make you wet you're pants because you're laughing so much at the Packers letting there better players leave and seemingly make no attempt to replace them and if Favre doesn't reitre then he'll come back with an inferior line and get destroyed by Venus & Serena (The Williams Sisters) next time he comes up against the Vikings"

:laughing3: spot on El Barto ....

TheAnimal93
03-08-2005, 09:40 AM
"ElBarto" wrote:

"vixtalkn" wrote:

good post but excuse me??????

sitandbehitski
03-08-2005, 09:52 AM
"ElBarto" wrote:

"vixtalkn" wrote:

(':cheers':) (':king':) AWESOME, that's officially there names, Venus & Serena!!! ROFL!!!

PurplePeopleEaters
03-08-2005, 09:52 AM
"vixtalkn" wrote:

:laughing3:

do you seriously think that the packers are "quietly going about buisness and building a kick butt organization?"
How? i haven't heard the packrs do anything except cut their o-line and talk about whether favre will retire or not.

Have fun playing agianst the two williams next year. It will be funny seeing JT O'Sullivan getting sacked the animal.

ElBarto
03-08-2005, 10:47 AM
"TheAnimal93" wrote:

"ElBarto" wrote:

"vixtalkn" wrote:

good post but excuse me??????

Come on Animal, you know you want to laugh :wink:

snowinapril
03-08-2005, 11:50 AM
"jackyl" wrote:

It's not about respect. It's that the vikes have the most money that HAS to be spent, and these guys want a big payday. It's about money, not respect.

True, the only thing the players respect is the money. If we were the Bengals or the Cardinals and they had this much money, they would be saying the same thing to them.

Remember the ageants see this also. They want their percentage also.

I think that there is some respect and it comes from Daunte, people want to play on his team. Also, I think that some of the players would like to play for the first Black owner. But those are after thoughts, after the money.

coreyd
03-08-2005, 12:32 PM
"vixtalkn" wrote:

Hey, DoreyC. You're joshin' right? The Yikes organization is the NFL's biggest joke. Players are sentenced to the Yikes, not signed.

And you call yourself a fan!? Your more like a disgrace to the orginization all together!! Hope you find whatever it was that you were looking for when you made a pathetic post like that!

ultravikingfan
03-08-2005, 01:57 PM
"coreyd" wrote:

"vixtalkn" wrote:

And you call yourself a fan!? Your more like a disgrace to the orginization all together!! Hope you find whatever it was that you were looking for when you made a pathetic post like that!

Look at the bottom, left of that post. http://www.purplepride.org/skol/images/logos/gb.gif

PurpleAndy
03-08-2005, 02:22 PM

According to the Packers current depth chart, your starting guards are Atlas Herrion and Steve Morely. Your antiquated quarterback can't complete a pass without leading the receiver into either a pile driver or a clothesline. Your top cornerback channels the spirit of Patrick Swayze.

Oh yeah. I'm shaking in my boots.

VKG4LFE
03-08-2005, 03:18 PM
"PurpleAndy" wrote:

According to the Packers current depth chart, your starting guards are Atlas Herrion and Steve Morely. Your antiquated quarterback can't complete a pass without leading the receiver into either a pile driver or a clothesline. Your top cornerback channels the spirit of Patrick Swayze.

Oh yeah. I'm shaking in my boots.

LOL!!

vikingsdiva
03-08-2005, 03:50 PM
I love this thread. It's gone from RESPECT to trash the redneck packer guy!Has anyone noticed the parady of Lambeau Field's new stadium? So Favre hadn't lost a home game for like 33 stragight games. First time they pop the cherry on that baby they choke against the Vikes. He hasn't been the same since!!!All his records keep getting trashed. Don't get me wrong I'm gonna miss picking on the guy, but Lambeau field is JINXED!!!

ultravikingfan
03-08-2005, 04:00 PM
"vikingsdiva" wrote:

I love this thread. It's gone from RESPECT to trash the redneck packer guy!Has anyone noticed the parady of Lambeau Field's new stadium? So Favre hadn't lost a home game for like 33 stragight games. First time they pop the cherry on that baby they choke against the Vikes. He hasn't been the same since!!!All his records keep getting trashed. Don't get me wrong I'm gonna miss picking on the guy, but Lambeau field is JINXED!!!

I believe they lost there first 2 or 3 games at home. We were not the first to beat them at home this year.

VKG4LFE
03-08-2005, 04:08 PM
I think he's talking about last year (2003) when they had the whole rededication to Lambeau and we whooped them on opening day!!

vikingsdiva
03-08-2005, 04:09 PM
Sorry my bad. I really thought their first home game of the 2003-2004 season was against the Vikes. D@mn!Were we at least the FIRST to make them go off course from the 33 home game winning streak, or was I just THAT excited about winning that game? Man that was a GREAT game!!

VKG4LFE
03-08-2005, 04:25 PM
Yeah we beat them in 1998 on Monday night to end that 33 game streak. But we also played them the first game of the regular season at the rededication to Lambeau and we beat them then too!!

ultravikingfan
03-08-2005, 04:27 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I think he's talking about last year (2003) when they had the whole rededication to Lambeau and we whooped them on opening day!!

Oh, ok. Thanks!

vikingsdiva
03-08-2005, 04:29 PM
That's the one I was talking about. And we broke a nasty record. Loved it. Just like the last playoff game. Favre has some sort of magic in below freezing weather that enables him to win. Maybe that's why it was such a tuff loss for em.Hey VKG4LFE weren't u at that game? Must've ROCKED!!!

VKG4LFE
03-08-2005, 04:46 PM
No I wasn't at the playoff game, I was at the game in Lambeau earlier in the year in November. Actually that was Favre's second loss in cold weather, they lost to Atlanta a couple of years ago in cold weather.

zeppelin4534
03-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Why are slacker fans talking? they have asigned who again? They are basing everything off a former great qb. He's done. Hes like 75 years old and throws it to the wrong team. I think its funny that all the other pack fans are keeping quite except for this idiot who thinks the pack are gonna frighten us. Whatever.

fourdoorchevelle
03-08-2005, 11:00 PM
"vixtalkn" wrote:

Hey, DoreyC. You're joshin' right? The Yikes organization is the NFL's biggest joke. Players are sentenced to the Yikes, not signed. poor bastard probaby , i mean probably , hasn't been watching the free agent wire . if so he just needs a bottle and his diaper changed . prediction ! 1st pick next year and next 4 for that matter , .... the moldy grease heads

fourdoorchevelle
03-08-2005, 11:09 PM
"AngloVike" wrote:

"vixtalkn" wrote:

quietly ??? don't make me laugh, the only time I've heard chumps like you quiet was after your swift exit from the playoffs in January. Considering how we 'backed into the playoffs' we seemed to kick your butts that afternoon.stomped!!!!!!! mopped!!!!!!!! i would retire too!!!!!!!!!!

triedandtruevikesfan
03-08-2005, 11:33 PM
hehe... the Packers don't have MONEY to sign players...

collegeguyjeff
03-09-2005, 12:26 AM
the packers are loosing people, their offense looks almost as bad as their defense now. i can see farve wearing red slippers banging the heels together saying, lions, vikings and bears oh my!

vixtalkn
03-09-2005, 06:27 AM
Yesterday, SorryD said ...

ITS ALL ABOUT RESPECT......AND APPARENTLY SOME WELL KNOWN PEOPLE IN THE NFL ARE GIVING IT TO US!!

Ubetcha SorryD. Like your very own MIKE "I'm not a crook" TICE.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/football/nfl/03/08/banks.tice/p1_tice-030805-getty.jpg Tice, the league's lowest-paid coach, hawks Yikes tickets to subsidize his salary.

The hits just keep on comin'!

briboy75
03-09-2005, 10:46 AM
"ADubya26" wrote:

As much as I would like to think it was about respect, I think it has just a little to do with the fact that we have the most cheese to offer. Also, I think that us getting a minority owner really encourages some players to want to play here and be a part of it.

Please don't use the word "cheese" unless insulting a packer. Thank you.

Vikes
03-09-2005, 11:45 AM
"coreyd" wrote:

Not bragging by any means, but I made a statement last week saying that FREE AGENTS SHOULD BE LINING UP TO SIGN WITH US.......AND LOOK!!

Now, put the FAs, Draft, and trades aside for a minute. Now answer this one defining question.
With the way we are sitting right now as far as options are concerned, am I the only one that sees it all working out for us.....AND GETTING US THE TROPHY!!!

Food for thought: Maybe the reason we havent signed Free Agents is because Tice is telling them to hold off and see if Reggie gets approved to buy the team.......THEN ITS GO TIME WITH MORE SECURITY.....AND MAYBE THATS WHY SOME BIG PLAYERS HAVE NOT SIGNED WITH OTHER TEAMS YET......

Just an idea.............. :rr:

RESPECT who are you kidding. It's about $$$$$$ and Minnesota has alot of it. RESPECT is the Patriots were guys give up HUGE amounts of money to stay in the Patriot system. The Vikings are getting attention because they have money and lots of it! No I will give the guy who manages Minnesota's CAP money RESPECT. Maybe they have so much money because Tice is SCALPING tickets.