PDA

View Full Version : Sharrif Floyd

MaxVike
03-24-2017, 08:19 PM
So, most of us have wondered about Sharrif Floyd's future with the Vikes...it appears he'll be back for 2017. I'm wondering if he "clean up" procedure led to a Staph infection or something more serious...

It looks like he'll be back ...

Zimmer not ready to give up on Sharrif Floyd
Mike Zimmer thinks that Sharrif Floyd can have a big year in 2017.
Kyle Tasman - Mar 23, 9:32 AM

http://min.247sports.com/Bolt/Zimmer-not-ready-to-give-up-on-Sharrif-Floyd-51926762

RotoWorld information:

Sharrif Floyd | Defensive Lineman | #73
Team: Minnesota Vikings
Age / DOB: (25) / 5/28/1991
Ht / Wt: 6'3' / 311
College: Florida
Drafted: 2013 / Rd. 1 (23) / MIN
Vikings DT Sharrif Floyd's $6.757 million salary for 2017 became guaranteed on Thursday.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/8430/sharrif-floydhttp://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/8430/sharrif-floyd

given his upside when healthy, there is no doubt this is the right move in my view.

SKOL Vikings!!!

Ted Dibiase
03-25-2017, 08:26 AM
Man I hope this is fake. The Daily Norseman quoted this from Floyd's Instagram account:

My to the big guy #upabove we've been on this train for so long, you have blessed me in more why's then I could've possibly imagine. For that I I'm truly thankful. You've been there when there was no one around, you've held me together when I thought I was at my edge, you've aloud me to play a game that kids dream about to this day. For that I continue to place my hands together I come to you tonight that same kid in 2006, not moved by greed, not moved by negativity, not moved in bad behavior. I'm down on one knee praying my road doesn't end here.... there are so many more lives to touch, so much more joy to spread. You've believed in me for to long to turn your back on me now. Don't let me go out this way. All I ask is for a fighting chance... this game means so much to me and the foundation is still being laid one stone at a time. I'm hurting and I don't know how to say it aloud, I am truly humbled in your grace. Grant me one last run, I promise I'll lay my soul on the line.
http://www.dailynorseman.com/2017/3/24/15057246/sharrif-floyd-instagram-bad-things

As far as fact that he wasn't cut, my understanding was that it wasn't really a decision. Unless I heard wrong on whatever podcast it was, they were on the hook for his salary when the league year started because he was still injured.

MaxVike
03-25-2017, 07:19 PM
Man I hope this is fake. The Daily Norseman quoted this from Floyd's Instagram account:

My to the big guy #upabove we've been on this train for so long, you have blessed me in more why's then I could've possibly imagine. For that I I'm truly thankful. You've been there when there was no one around, you've held me together when I thought I was at my edge, you've aloud me to play a game that kids dream about to this day. For that I continue to place my hands together I come to you tonight that same kid in 2006, not moved by greed, not moved by negativity, not moved in bad behavior. I'm down on one knee praying my road doesn't end here.... there are so many more lives to touch, so much more joy to spread. You've believed in me for to long to turn your back on me now. Don't let me go out this way. All I ask is for a fighting chance... this game means so much to me and the foundation is still being laid one stone at a time. I'm hurting and I don't know how to say it aloud, I am truly humbled in your grace. Grant me one last run, I promise I'll lay my soul on the line.
http://www.dailynorseman.com/2017/3/24/15057246/sharrif-floyd-instagram-bad-things

As far as fact that he wasn't cut, my understanding was that it wasn't really a decision. Unless I heard wrong on whatever podcast it was, they were on the hook for his salary when the league year started because he was still injured.

I think you are exactly right Ted...re: the salary and the injury. I also think his "minor" knee procedure must have caused a very bad side affect. Not sure why nothing more specific has come out...the secrecy is actually pretty impressive, given social media today. I like Floyd, he's a good kid, a fighter with a tough background, and a good player. I hope he's able to come back, he makes in impact in Zimmer's defense, especially next to Linval Joseph.

Good luck young man, I'm hoping your prayers are answered.

SKOL Vikings!!!

Minniman
03-28-2017, 10:17 AM
It looks like he'll be back ...

Vikings DT Sharrif Floyd's $6.757 million salary for 2017 became guaranteed on Thursday.

given his upside when healthy, there is no doubt this is the right move in my view.

What upside was that? Floyd was never better than an average DT in both college and the NFL.

Almost $7 million for his production is a good deal ... for Floyd and his agent.

Floyd is only with the Vikings because his option year is guaranteed by injury.

midgensa
03-28-2017, 11:02 AM
What upside was that? Floyd was never better than an average DT in both college and the NFL.

Almost $7 million for his production is a good deal ... for Floyd and his agent.

Yeah. That is the only reason he is back.

I am hoping he can get healthy, but pretty sure at this point it might never happen.

Thorney
04-07-2017, 12:54 AM
Yeah. That is the only reason he is back.

I am hoping he can get healthy, but pretty sure at this point it might never happen.

I think it'll happen he should be healthy by now.

midgensa
04-07-2017, 10:30 AM
I think it'll happen he should be healthy by now.

You convinced me.

MaxVike
04-07-2017, 03:00 PM

I thought he was taking Zimmer's coaching and was improving...but, you are probably more right than me. I like the kid and am probably exhibiting wishful thinking.

It does suck that he has nerve damage though, especially since he's only 25.

Minniman
06-05-2017, 06:39 PM
I thought he was taking Zimmer's coaching and was improving...but, you are probably more right than me. I like the kid and am probably exhibiting wishful thinking.

It does suck that he has nerve damage though, especially since he's only 25.

He was making some improvements, but he was drafted too high for his production.

Getting an infection made it worse as a player, and I agree it is also unfortunate for his future outside football.