PDA

View Full Version : Joe Mixon

VikesfaninWis
03-11-2017, 10:04 PM
Now I know he had some legal issues that are shying teams away from drafting him, but if the Vikings are smart, they will take him if he is available. The last time this team drafted a RB from Oklahoma, it turned out pretty damn good.

Mixon is 6'1 and 225lbs, so he is a good size RB that has speed to burn. The one thing that he for sure has over AD is the ability to catch passes. He is elusive, and from the highlights, doesn't look to be that bad of a blocker.

I remember when a bunch of teams passed on a very talented WR by the name of Randy Moss, look how that turned out for the Vikes. Or how about picking up another WR who had issues by the name of Cris Carter. Two players with baggage that the Vikings took a chance on, and soon both will be in the HOF, not bad at all.

I may be in the minority on this one, but I am all for the Vikes drafting Mixon. He is a special player that could be a huge asset to this team. I know it's a deep draft class on RB's, but if the best one is there for the taking, you gotta go for it.

VikesfaninWis
03-11-2017, 10:09 PM
Oh, and they also gave up a haul for a DE that had a bunch of question marks as well. That being Jared Allen.

steelguitar
03-12-2017, 11:57 AM
Oh, and they also gave up a haul for a DE that had a bunch of question marks as well. That being Jared Allen.
You should be ashamed at yourself for comparing Mixon to Jared, Jared's DUI was his red flag not unleashing on a woman, Mixon is off my board and Vikefaninwi is on my block list!

VikesfaninWis
03-12-2017, 09:09 PM
You should be ashamed at yourself for comparing Mixon to Jared, Jared's DUI was his red flag not unleashing on a woman, Mixon is off my board and Vikefaninwi is on my block list!

Doesn't matter what the "red flag" on a player is. If you take a chance on any player with baggage, you take the chance plain and simple.

And to be completely honest, I don't give a shit who's block list I'm on.

steelguitar
03-12-2017, 10:41 PM
Doesn't matter what the "red flag" on a player is. If you take a chance on any player with baggage, you take the chance plain and simple.

And to be completely honest, I don't give a shit who's block list I'm on.
This maybe the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life. An absolute Blow to a womans face by Mixon is a whole different level of a red flag. A low Wonderlick score can by a red flag and comparing any red flag to Joe Mixons hit to a Woman's face is beyond ignorant! Skol

UKPurple
03-13-2017, 04:02 AM
Wait...we can block people? You mean I don't have to read your biased views Steelguitar?

Re Mixon, I don't feel either way about drafting him but ever since Jerome Simpson, Vikes has stepped away from drafting guys with any sort of red flags. They have worked hard to have a "clean" organisation - whether it is a case like this or an injury worry (Myles Jack being the latest)

midgensa
03-13-2017, 10:43 AM
This maybe the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life. An absolute Blow to a womans face by Mixon is a whole different level of a red flag. A low Wonderlick score can by a red flag and comparing any red flag to Joe Mixons hit to a Woman's face is beyond ignorant! Skol

I am going to go out on a limb and actually agree here.

If the best comparison you can come up with is someone with a DUI and compare that to hitting a woman in the face ... then that is pretty upsetting.

I will take the same stance I took when AD made his son bleed from his testicles ... should not be allowed to touch a Vikings uniform, period.

Violence against another human and idiocacy over weed, alcohol, speeding, carrying a gun in a glove compartment, jawalking, etc. are all very different.

Sure ... some of those can end up pretty ugly ... but punching a woman in the face, hitting a child, there should be no grey area there.

Mixon has punched a woman in the face, breaking bones. He has also threatened a female parking officer with his car ...

He is scum. He should not be in purple. He should not even be in the NFL. BUT, I understand how the world works and understand that he has "paid his dues" ... but the second incident so shortly after the first indicates that he will "pay his dues" again.

steelguitar
03-13-2017, 01:03 PM
I am going to go out on a limb and actually agree here.

If the best comparison you can come up with is someone with a DUI and compare that to hitting a woman in the face ... then that is pretty upsetting.

I will take the same stance I took when AD made his son bleed from his testicles ... should not be allowed to touch a Vikings uniform, period.

Violence against another human and idiocacy over weed, alcohol, speeding, carrying a gun in a glove compartment, jawalking, etc. are all very different.

Sure ... some of those can end up pretty ugly ... but punching a woman in the face, hitting a child, there should be no grey area there.

Mixon has punched a woman in the face, breaking bones. He has also threatened a female parking officer with his car ...

He is scum. He should not be in purple. He should not even be in the NFL. BUT, I understand how the world works and understand that he has "paid his dues" ... but the second incident so shortly after the first indicates that he will "pay his dues" again.
Very well said! couldn't agree more!

purplehelmut
03-13-2017, 01:39 PM
I don't want him on our team. If the Vikings want "high character" guys like they've said, he can't be a Viking, period.

steelguitar
03-13-2017, 01:52 PM
good stuff purple helmet

MaxVike
03-13-2017, 03:01 PM
No, he can never be a Viking...second chances be damned. Where there is smoke, there is fire... The model for true Vikings started with Alan Page, and has most recently been in the mold of Chad Greenway.

Ted Dibiase
03-13-2017, 09:49 PM
For the most part I believe in second chances, and I would never want to be judged for things I did while drunk and 18...but I see justice in THAT particular offense following a guy for a VERY long time. If I'm a GM, he's off my board. I just don't think it's worth it.

JPPT1974
03-13-2017, 10:10 PM
Yeah as what I heard though do not at all work for the Vikings, hear thy are a high character type of group.

steelguitar
03-13-2017, 10:24 PM
For the most part I believe in second chances, and I would never want to be judged for things I did while drunk and 18...but I see justice in THAT particular offense following a guy for a VERY long time. If I'm a GM, he's off my board. I just don't think it's worth it. Smart Viking fan right here good post, i agree!

purplejokr
03-14-2017, 09:30 PM
For the most part I believe in second chances, and I would never want to be judged for things I did while drunk and 18...but I see justice in THAT particular offense following a guy for a VERY long time. If I'm a GM, he's off my board. I just don't think it's worth it.

The act was egregious. With that said, I am a big believer in second chances. As I am certain steelguitar will agree, player evaluation is about more than what film and a 40 time can convey. Sitting down and conversing with players is imperative. I don't see the harm is sitting down with Mixon to see what his story is and if he is amenable to professional counseling. If he is sorry about his actions and can discuss what steps he has taken to improve himself and demonstrate contrition then I would be willing to consider drafting him. Lastly, were I to draft him any contract offered to him would cut him loose at the first sign of trouble. The act of drafting him is as far as my support would extend. Ultimately, drafting him would be the kind of support few human beings have ever had when in the circumstances that Mixon finds himself.

Tad7
03-18-2017, 06:48 PM
I hope they stay away from him. Hitting the woman was 3 years ago but the incident with the rent-a-cop last October or November shows his anger still easily gets the best of him.

If they do take him though, I won't cry about it. Adrian Peterson taught me it's really easy for me to separate the person from the player. I really only care about the player. Getting the good people is just a cool bonus.

VikesfaninWis
03-19-2017, 06:17 PM
Everyone has their own opinion. If he is the best player available at a position of need when the Vikes pick, then so be it. I'm sure steelguitar won't be complaining if Mixon was putting up huge numbers wearing the Vikings colors. Then again, from what I see, steelguitar complains about everything.

aaeyers
03-21-2017, 08:47 PM
Great RB, but there is no chance Rick drafts him.

steelguitar
03-22-2017, 12:48 AM
Everyone has their own opinion. If he is the best player available at a position of need when the Vikes pick, then so be it. I'm sure steelguitar won't be complaining if Mixon was putting up huge numbers wearing the Vikings colors. Then again, from what I see, steelguitar complains about everything.
He is completely off my board and there is no place for Mixon on my team. The video of him following this woman and engaging her and then unloading on her is just unacceptable for my locker room and you add his incident with the security guard recently shows me he hasn't learned enough. If Desperate Rick goes there it will show just how desperate he is and will take Ponder like desperation to a new level.
I do want to continue to point out some positives of this team though, i really like Zimmer as the Coach of this team and the Defense looks like a Minnesota Defense should look and i believe in Zimmer.

RK.
03-22-2017, 11:01 AM
Other players have had baggage and overcome it to be great players. Randy Moss and Jared Allen come to mind.

steelguitar
03-22-2017, 11:28 PM
Other players have had baggage and overcome it to be great players. Randy Moss and Jared Allen come to mind. RK you're better than that, Comparing Jared to a guy who unloads a massive blow with his fist to a girls face to Jared who treats Women with complete respect and gives Millions to Military Families!

UKPurple
03-23-2017, 10:15 AM
Seems Zim is high on Mixon - does that make him a bad man Steelguitar? Note - Rick hasn't said anything about Mixon yet.

http://thevikingage.com/2017/03/22/mike-zimmer-really-likes-controversial-running-back-joe-mixon/

steelguitar
03-23-2017, 11:13 AM
Seems Zim is high on Mixon - does that make him a bad man Steelguitar? Note - Rick hasn't said anything about Mixon yet.

http://thevikingage.com/2017/03/22/mike-zimmer-really-likes-controversial-running-back-joe-mixon/
What's wrong with you? No where has Zimmer ever commented about Mixon, one picture was taken from Okie Pro Day and now Zim loves Mixon? Come on man!

vikinggreg
03-23-2017, 08:27 PM
What's wrong with you? No where has Zimmer ever commented about Mixon, one picture was taken from Okie Pro Day and now Zim loves Mixon? Come on man!

No where?

Really

http://www.twincities.com/2017/03/21/vikings-mike-zimmer-talks-about-toxic-leadership-tweet-domata-peko-joe-mixon/

Zim's comment from no where and I guess ever was only a couple of days ago

“We just wanted to get a feel for him, really,” Zimmer said. “It was a good visit. We talked about a lot of things, a lot of things in his past, how he’s going to change.”

purplejokr
03-24-2017, 07:48 PM
Who knows if Zimmer digs Mixon or not? I am just happy that Zimmer took the time to sit and chat with Mixon. If Zimmer and none of the Vikings organization DID NOT take the time to converse with Mixon that would annoy me. It epitomizes judging a book by its cover.

steelguitar
03-25-2017, 01:34 AM
Who knows if Zimmer digs Mixon or not? I am just happy that Zimmer took the time to sit and chat with Mixon. If Zimmer and none of the Vikings organization DID NOT take the time to converse with Mixon that would annoy me. It epitomizes judging a book by its cover.
I still can't find any comments by Zim saying he is high on Mixon!!!

steelguitar
03-25-2017, 01:36 AM
No where?

Really

http://www.twincities.com/2017/03/21/vikings-mike-zimmer-talks-about-toxic-leadership-tweet-domata-peko-joe-mixon/

Zim's comment from no where and I guess ever was only a couple of days ago

Nothing here says he is high on Mixon, come on dude!

Ted Dibiase
03-25-2017, 08:46 AM
Regardless of what was or wasn't said, this is the time of year that I put absolutely zero stock into what GM's and head coaches are saying. Teams may feign interest to get somebody else to take a guy and downplay who they want in the hopes that they will fall.

As far as talent goes, I've finally gotten into watching guys on youtube and to be honest, I like Alvin Kamara just as much. Lots of talent out there this year. Really though, I don't think we take a back until round 4 or so, especially if this is going to be a three-back committee.

vikinggreg
03-25-2017, 09:46 AM
Nothing here says he is high on Mixon, come on dude!

You stated that Zimmer has never commented anything anywhere about Mixon

Just a picture

You where wrong, Zim has made comments publicly cause he did more then just being in the frame of a photo

Whatever the Vikings do with this player Zim has interacted and has input its not just "Desperate Rick" as you are trying to paint your picture

just some fake news from the guitar

steelguitar
03-27-2017, 11:46 AM
You stated that Zimmer has never commented anything anywhere about Mixon

Just a picture

You where wrong, Zim has made comments publicly cause he did more then just being in the frame of a photo

Whatever the Vikings do with this player Zim has interacted and has input its not just "Desperate Rick" as you are trying to paint your picture

just some fake news from the guitar

Again no where does anything you print say Zim is high on Mixon. You're news is really the fake news.

steelguitar
03-27-2017, 07:32 PM
Dolphins take Mixon off their draft board! excellent work Dolphins now lets hope 31 other teams do the same.

MaxVike
03-27-2017, 08:45 PM
Dolphins take Mixon off their draft board! excellent work Dolphins now lets hope 31 other teams do the same.

according toooooooo? a retired QB that's passion is in Player Evaluation? come on bruh...give us a source, a reason to believe your proclamation.

steelguitar
03-28-2017, 08:14 AM
“Zero percent chance” Dolphins are interested in Joe Mixon

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 27, 2017, 9:34 AM EDT

Getty Images
Oklahoma running back Joe Mixon is making the pre-draft rounds, but those trips are more about convincing teams he can be trusted rather than whether he’s good at playing football.

And it sounds like he won’t be taking that road show to Miami.

According to Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald, the Dolphins will not draft the running back who has provided plenty of electrifying game tape, but also video of him punching a woman in the face.

One person with knowledge of the team’s thinking described it as a “Zero percent chance.”

midgensa
03-28-2017, 11:04 AM
“Zero percent chance” Dolphins are interested in Joe Mixon

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 27, 2017, 9:34 AM EDT

Getty Images
Oklahoma running back Joe Mixon is making the pre-draft rounds, but those trips are more about convincing teams he can be trusted rather than whether he’s good at playing football.

And it sounds like he won’t be taking that road show to Miami.

According to Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald, the Dolphins will not draft the running back who has provided plenty of electrifying game tape, but also video of him punching a woman in the face.

One person with knowledge of the team’s thinking described it as a “Zero percent chance.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/27/zero-percent-chance-dolphins-are-interested-in-joe-mixon/

Clearly not a real frickin journalist or you would put in a god damn link.

Idiot.

Are you Tarvaris Jackson?

As for the story here ... I agree with the Dolphins on this one.

purplejokr
03-28-2017, 09:06 PM
I still can't find any comments by Zim saying he is high on Mixon!!!

Uhhhh.... Great? I never said that anyone was high on anyone, did I? I mean I am getting up there in age so I am unsure.

steelguitar
03-29-2017, 10:28 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/27/zero-percent-chance-dolphins-are-interested-in-joe-mixon/

Clearly not a real frickin journalist or you would put in a god damn link.

Idiot.

Are you Tarvaris Jackson?

As for the story here ... I agree with the Dolphins on this one.

I'm not a journalist nor ever claimed to be I'm just fan like you on a message board, nor could i ever compete with you on anger or hate. Thats all you mate SKOL