PDA

View Full Version : Vikings vs Panthers

thorshammer
09-25-2016, 04:33 PM
Looks like we have a pretty good team boys. After looking shaky in the first half this team showed how tough it is by kicking Carolina's butt in their house. Great effort today.

RK.
09-25-2016, 04:47 PM
I love this team.:clap:

MaxVike
09-25-2016, 04:59 PM
It sure is a treat to be a fan of a team that gives everything they have every play. It's also a treat to watch this coaching staff, thank you Zim, shut down two of the best QBs already this season. :bow:

Parcells used to preach that you can win games by winning defense and special teams. Zim did his mentor and us Vikings fans proud today.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!

Leafman
09-25-2016, 06:05 PM
1) I don't think there's a better defensive team in the NFL than the Vikes.

2) I don't think there's a coaching staff better at making halftime adjustments in the NFL than the Vikes.

3) I don't think there's a team that plays with more heart for each other and for their coach than the Vikes.

That, my fellow Purple friends, is a recipe for success ... great things are no longer simply visible on the horizon, they lie just ahead on the tracks and the Viking train is picking up speed as it barrels down on them.

LEAFMAN THE PURPLE FAN

digital420
09-25-2016, 07:10 PM
0 points allowed in the 2nd half.
8 sacks 3 ints on cam myegojustgotcrushed newton
mastermind type changes in the 2nd half by coaches!!
Zimm's halftime speeches are legendary!

omg i'm stoked @ what this team can do!
SKOLLLLLL

DiGiTaL

Dwangar
09-25-2016, 08:28 PM
I love this team.:clap:

And coach, wow does he know how to adjust when his game plan wasn't working. Such a pleasant surprise after all the crap Childress and Fraizer put us through where they probably just told the team, keep doing what we told you. Halftime after a dismal first half we come out rocking.

snowinapril
09-25-2016, 10:15 PM
I was nervous to start off with until we got that safety. I felt the defense starting to percolate. Then the second half the offense came out and scared up some points. The defense shut Cam down in the 2nd.

Purple-PackerPanther Eaters.

Boone sat out the second half, how many more injuries can we take? Looked like a groin injury.

I thought TJ did alright today. Also, Bradford is still building rapport, found it with DIggs last week and Rudolph this week. Nice throw to Charlie just couldn't haul it in, CB knocked it out as he was trying to secure it. It was almost a spectacular catch.

Skol!

Dwangar
09-25-2016, 10:53 PM
All you said was spot on, except....

I am very down on Charlie. Most WRs make that catch. He seems extremely timid when catches are contested. The tipped pass he didn't even want to try and locate... He barely looked up and was pushed to the ground like it was planned .. I really think Treadwell could start in place of him already... The 2 PT catch in preseason was all I needed to see.

Johnson is a good story... But just get Treadwell in there, he couldn't do any worse.

Traveling_Vike
09-26-2016, 12:50 AM
Some great points made here so far. This team is really starting to look like they are "all in" for Coach Zimmer. They bought what he's selling, and simply will not quit on him.

Even when Cam was back on his heels and reeling, the Vikings did not let up, not one bit. I'm seeing a real killer instinct that we just didn't have in years past, and I am loving it.

As long as the offense keeps doing enough, I believe we can now ride this defense all the way to a championship. I need to double-check the schedule, but I am really wondering now if 14-2 or better might be possible.

snowinapril
09-26-2016, 03:32 AM
Some great points made here so far. This team is really starting to look like they are "all in" for Coach Zimmer. They bought what he's selling, and simply will not quit on him.

Even when Cam was back on his heels and reeling, the Vikings did not let up, not one bit. I'm seeing a real killer instinct that we just didn't have in years past, and I am loving it.

We are so fast on defense. They played disciplined. Like I said, they didn't let Cam out of that pocket except on the TD where he ran it in at the goal line. After that he was kept in the pocket until we collapsed on him because there was no safe throw due to coverage.

UKPurple
09-26-2016, 06:44 AM
I hope we can get Treadwell into the team soon cos right now I am regretting not drafting Myles Jack and making this defense even more unbelievable!

Good test on Monday with OBJ, Cruz and Shepard coming into town. The extra day's rest is always good this time of the season

Leafman
09-26-2016, 09:21 AM
I hope we can get Treadwell into the team soon cos right now I am regretting not drafting Myles Jack and making this defense even more unbelievable!

If there is one area where I have complete faith in Zimmer & Co (and there are actually several areas), it is in bringing young talent along and only playing them when they are ready in the roles for which they are prepared.

The WR is the most difficult position in the NFL to learn after QB ... you can have all the physical skills, attributes and abilities in the world and still not become an effective NFL receiver (see Cordarelle Patterson) if you struggle with route running, reading defenses and coverages, and getting on the same page with your QB. Only time will tell if Treadwell can make it, but I completely trust that Zimmer will only put him on the field when he's ready.

LEAFMAN THE PURPLE FAN

purplehelmut
09-26-2016, 10:21 AM
I didn't relax until I saw 00:00 but what a great win on the road versus a quality opponent. Seeing that prima donna Newton get sacked 8 times was awesome. This is the new Purple People Eaters! Also, look what Bradford was able to do given an opportunity to throw from a clean pocket. If we can fix OL play and establish a consistent running game, this team looks very good. Defense is flat fun to watch.

Scoot
09-26-2016, 10:34 AM
I've got to say that I've been a Viking fan all my life and I'm 55 yrs old from North Carolina and I saw the Viking play live for the first time yesterday and the Viking Won, and should I also say that I was proudly wearing my purple #28 jersey.

SKOLLLLL

MaxVike
09-26-2016, 11:59 AM
I didn't relax until I saw 00:00 but what a great win on the road versus a quality opponent. Seeing that prima donna Newton get sacked 8 times was awesome. This is the new Purple People Eaters! Also, look what Bradford was able to do given an opportunity to throw from a clean pocket. If we can fix OL play and establish a consistent running game, this team looks very good. Defense is flat fun to watch.

Zims Reapers :clap:

purplehelmut
09-26-2016, 02:55 PM
We should do a suggestion thread for a nickname for this defense. Beginning to look like they warrant it.

UKPurple
09-26-2016, 04:45 PM
If there is one area where I have complete faith in Zimmer & Co (and there are actually several areas), it is in bringing young talent along and only playing them when they are ready in the roles for which they are prepared.

The WR is the most difficult position in the NFL to learn after QB ... you can have all the physical skills, attributes and abilities in the world and still not become an effective NFL receiver (see Cordarelle Patterson) if you struggle with route running, reading defenses and coverages, and getting on the same page with your QB. Only time will tell if Treadwell can make it, but I completely trust that Zimmer will only put him on the field when he's ready.

LEAFMAN THE PURPLE FAN

Yeah true. I am just not sold on CJ right now and sometimes learning on the job is very key as well. But like you, I trust this coaching staff to bring players along

UKPurple
09-26-2016, 04:47 PM
We should do a suggestion thread for a nickname for this defense. Beginning to look like they warrant it.

Zimreapers or Purple Reign for me

tastywaves
09-26-2016, 09:04 PM
That was an awesome game. Cam Newton goes down 8 times and throws 2 INT's. Marcus takes one to the house and Danielle Hunter man-boys Newton for a safety.

Bradford woke up in the 2nd half, but got to say, the first half had me wondering. Guess pressure does effect QB play.

3-0 after beating GB an Carolina is pretty nice. Lets see if he can keep this team on course week after week, but right now, this guy is looking like the coach you don't want to play.

snowinapril
09-27-2016, 12:35 AM
Tasty,

It was 3 INTs. Awesome Indeed!

tastywaves
09-27-2016, 07:43 PM
Tasty,

It was 3 INTs. Awesome Indeed!

That's right, forgot about the big guy's INT on 4th down, that he went on to fumble and was lucky to have Harrison recover.....

VikingMike
09-30-2016, 09:03 AM
Simply put, it's a pleasure watching this team, and knowing that they will always come prepared and play hard. I love the fact that there are no superstars (outside of AD), and we don't get rattled. And that we actually make in-game and halftime adjustments...it's like breathing fresh air after leaving a smoke-filled room.

Most fans of other teams couldn't even name 5 of our players...well, maybe not any more. Regardless of how we finish this season, I feel very confident we will at least be competitive in every game.

snowinapril
10-03-2016, 06:36 PM
Are the Panthers as good as we thought they were after the beat-down in ATL.

Was this a significant win? Are we as strong as we think?

Panthers defense looked horrible against ATL.

Bring on the Giants and we will see. Just have to take it one game at a time, judge ourselves for that 60 minutes of play, to get the Ws needed to make the playoffs. You get caught up in comparing yourself to other teams, that is when you put doubt in your head.