PDA

View Full Version : McKinnon

PInfante97
09-21-2016, 08:33 PM
Anyone else think this guy is over rated? He looked horrible in the preseason.

UKPurple
09-22-2016, 05:48 AM
No

PInfante97
09-22-2016, 06:51 AM
we'll see man. hope im wrong... hes looked like a turd in 2016 tho

UKPurple
09-22-2016, 07:23 AM
I think he will be different to AP where he will be used in passing downs more. Watch him and Flash out of backfield giving Bradford more options to spread the ball too

MaxVike
09-22-2016, 08:32 AM
No. Besides, who's rating him? He's a capable backup (albeit limited), pushed into starting due to injury.

PurplePowerPunch
09-25-2016, 10:33 AM
I think Jet McKinnon can play. Great speed and quickness. Not to mention he can catch the football so yeah.

snowinapril
09-25-2016, 10:20 PM
It will continue to be an Asiata and McKinnon combo. Speed (JMac) and smack (MA) you upside the head Leroy Hoard style, "Ask me to get you 2 yards I will get 3, ask me to get you 4 yards I will get you 3."

VikingMike
09-30-2016, 09:06 AM
I think he can play, especially receiving out of the backfield. He's a capable RB.

snowinapril
10-04-2016, 04:12 PM
After watching last nights game, I think that he is a better fit for this offense than AP. I know that is hard to digest, but it is true. With the right QB, it helps. He reminds me of LT in SD. I think the main reason I say this is because of his ability to do more on the field, versatility. AP is a better runner and is more exciting, we can all agree on that but our offense is more fluid with Jerrick in there. Granted, AP didn't get to find a rhythm this year. I feel he has improved a little bit on the things that they need him to do in Norv's offense but just doesn't do well with receiving out of the backfield. He just hasn't looked comfortable doing it.

Go ahead, give it to me, where's the hate?

I would hate to see AP in any other jersey. It was good to see him on the sideline and hear that he was going to start rehab in the pool soon. Hope he gets back sooner than later. I hope to gawd he gets a chance on the field at the end of the season and all the way up to the S**** B***. :-)

UKPurple
10-05-2016, 04:30 AM
Do you really see us keeping AP next year?

PInfante97
10-05-2016, 07:36 AM
Do you really see us keeping AP next year?

nope i see us drafting someone in the 2nd or 3rd round next year

UKPurple
10-05-2016, 09:34 AM
Unless he is willing to take a big pay cut (to about $4-5 mil a year)

tarkenton10
10-06-2016, 02:41 PM
Unless he is willing to take a big pay cut (to about $4-5 mil a year)

a 5 million pay cut is still 13 million, they won't go for that. if Peterson wants to stick around he will earn about ten, eleven million tops. They won't pay any more than that for him. So it probably comes down to, will he take that or will another team step up and pay more? No team is going to take a 31 year old RB coming off a knee injury and pay him more than the Vikings. my inclination is he will be back for about nine or ten million and a one million dollar signing bonus for one year, but that is just a guess. If I were to guess about a contract it would probably be for four years, 34 million with a 2 or 3 million signing bonus. I am guessing about 13 million guaranteed. He would receive 10 million in 2017 and then 9M, 8M, 7M in the following seasons. That way he could be cut after the 2018 season and it wouldn't have any effect against the cap.

UKPurple
10-07-2016, 05:37 AM
I meant bring him down to 4/5 mill a year. He will be in line with other top RBs in the league then

midgensa
10-07-2016, 11:39 AM
a 5 million pay cut is still 13 million, they won't go for that. if Peterson wants to stick around he will earn about ten, eleven million tops. They won't pay any more than that for him. So it probably comes down to, will he take that or will another team step up and pay more? No team is going to take a 31 year old RB coming off a knee injury and pay him more than the Vikings. my inclination is he will be back for about nine or ten million and a one million dollar signing bonus for one year, but that is just a guess. If I were to guess about a contract it would probably be for four years, 34 million with a 2 or 3 million signing bonus. I am guessing about 13 million guaranteed. He would receive 10 million in 2017 and then 9M, 8M, 7M in the following seasons. That way he could be cut after the 2018 season and it wouldn't have any effect against the cap.

I kind of fall in this boat. I think he WILL be a Viking next year because I think he will be willing to take the pay cut down to around 8 million.

This of course depends on McKinnon the rest of the season. If he develops into something special, then AD may have no choice but to look elsewhere.

snowinapril
10-09-2016, 09:16 PM
Winning team makes people think twice about staying with a pay cut or moving on.

I hope we win win win......