PDA

View Full Version : 6 first round picks in the last 6 years.

steelguitar
09-12-2016, 10:19 AM
2011 Ponder - Bust
2012 Kalil - near Bust
2013 Floyd-avg plyer
2014 Patterson- Special teams player
2015Waynes- could be okay someday
2016 Treadwill- I'm afraid he isn't going to make it
2017- Sam Bradford will be gone in less than 2 years
--- one could make a case that the weakest part of this Viking team is these first round picks. What if Spiel found the elite talent and targeted JJ Watt, Todd Gurley, T Fredrick, Derek Carr, Will Fuller..etc.

jargomcfargo
09-12-2016, 10:25 AM
The troll is back.

steelguitar
09-12-2016, 02:12 PM
The facts remain. you got anything about the topic?

MaxVike
09-12-2016, 03:17 PM
The facts remain. you got anything about the topic?

Yes. Give it a rest.

Ted Dibiase
09-12-2016, 10:03 PM
2011 Ponder - Bust
2012 Kalil - near Bust
2013 Floyd-avg plyer
--- one could make a case that the weakest part of this Viking team is these first round picks. What if Spiel found the elite talent and targeted JJ Watt, Todd Gurley, T Fredrick, Derek Carr, Will Fuller..etc.

Why not list all of the first round picks?

UKPurple
09-13-2016, 06:25 AM
Why not list all of the first round picks?

Don't ruin the rant with facts!

I thought Kalil had a good game against TT. I hope he has turned a corner this year. Also, if Zim is rating Floyd, Waynes and Rhodes - they can't be that bad!

tarkenton10
09-13-2016, 01:00 PM
2011 Ponder - Bust
2012 Kalil - near Bust
2013 Floyd-avg plyer

The problem with those players is Watt, Gurley and Fuller were gone when we were picking. I liked Carr better than Bridgewater but there is still time to see who is better. I don't know if Teddy will make it back to compete though. Fredrick was a guess that came out right. That is like saying NE is a genius for taking Brady in the sixth round. NE was either lucky or fools waiting to draft him in the sixth round if they knew his talent. So Spielman's choices wouldn't have applied to those players other then Carr.

Kalil, correct! Floyd has flashed since Zimmer came in and moved him back to the 3tech. if he can stay healthy he is a top ten 3tech so I disagree with Floyd other then can he stay on the field. Patterson is a bust but he has not been used well either, this year i think they are trying to use him correctly and he had some good plays against the Titans. I think Treadwell was a bad pick but they were desperate for a WR. Bradford could be a good QB if he can stay healthy, the problem is our line will not help him out much, unfortunately.

I noticed you stopped at 2012, what about drafting Peterson in '07, '08 no first round pick. Harvin in '09, no pick in'10. you left off Harrison Smith in '12 and Barr in '14. Those are some good players Spielman got right.

You left off two players who won OROY honors, that is pretty good drafting in estimation.

Minniman
09-14-2016, 06:00 AM
The problem with those players is Watt, Gurley and Fuller were gone when we were picking. I liked Carr better than Bridgewater but there is still time to see who is better. I don't know if Teddy will make it back to compete though. Fredrick was a guess that came out right. That is like saying NE is a genius for taking Brady in the sixth round. NE was either lucky or fools waiting to draft him in the sixth round if they knew his talent. So Spielman's choices wouldn't have applied to those players other then Carr.

I noticed you stopped at 2012, what about drafting Peterson in '07, '08 no first round pick. Harvin in '09, no pick in'10. you left off Harrison Smith in '12 and Barr in '14. Those are some good players Spielman got right.

The Vikings did get Jared Allen in 2008 for that pick and others. Leaving off Smith, Barr, and Rhodes is a logical fallacy of selection.

The Vikings moved down a few picks out of the first round in 2010 only to take Chris Cook. He has to be on the bust list as does Toby Gerhart taken later in that round. The Vikings did select Everson Griffen in the 4th round though, so credit should be given for that.

Sam Bradford was chosen 1st overall in 2010. He is one of three top 10 players to not make the Pro Bowl and one of ten top 25 players not to make it. Of course, we would like that to change this season.

steelguitar
10-24-2016, 01:53 AM
Poor drafting showed today! Sad

steelguitar
10-24-2016, 01:55 AM
chilly had full control until the 2011 draft. Spielman first pick was Ponder.

MaxVike
10-24-2016, 09:33 AM
chilly had full control until the 2011 draft. Spielman first pick was Ponder.

serenity now :beatupchickensmall:

steelguitar
11-24-2016, 04:01 PM
Spielman has to go

Holzberg
11-26-2016, 01:16 PM
Spielman has to go

According to your post, Spielman was supposed to be gone when Walsh was released. I guess your source must just be "hope" for you.